Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex (32586 Views)

Secondary Student Skips Class To Chop Girlfriend P$ssy - See Video / Each Time My Husband Releases Inside Of Me, The Sperm Goes Out - Lady Cries / Lady Gives Her Boyfriend's Phone Number To Her Toasters, Each Time They Ask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Adsexpert: 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2021
Deanxy1:
It has been almost two years now since I broke up with my Ex whom i dated for almost a decade since when we were in secondary school up until we both graduated from uni ( we went to separate uni).

There were so many things that happened leading up to the break up. We kept having one issue to the other and we were quarreling almost on a weekly basis for the last two years of the relationship.

Amongst the many issues, one which stand out was her dating another guy. It started with her denying they were dating to when she could actually post his picture on snap and other social media handle and that was the height of it.

Friends told me to cut her loose but I couldn't and the whole toxic thing continued ( in retrospect, it was just naivety ). So little by little the love she had for me waned and I became tired of the whole thing and we just stopped talking and went our separate ways.

And it's been two years now but each time I run into her or see her picture, my mind skips. This has continued to happen ever since we broke up. I had long cut any form of contact with her but our childhood friends are kind of alike, so sometimes there's always that possibility of bumping into her or her picture from time to time.

Please what do I do?

I understand the feeling, and this mostly happen whenever you were the victim who loved the most, got abused , dumped , and left with anxiety and heart beak...

So the traumatic experience leaves an imprint in the mind of the victim.

5 Likes

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Hkff: 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
Forget about any ex and move on
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Prosmobi: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
Ur heart skips beat because you were so obssessed with her...picture the traumas she has caused you all this while then u will be fine.Find a babe better than her and date when next u see her u will see her as a friend.

2 Likes

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Chykes4micheal: 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
Most people that come into nairaland to put up stories like this don't have responsibilities yet i swear.

When person dey think of how to generate money to do one or two things, na your ex dey worry you... Chai tongue embarassed

2 Likes

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Deanxy1:
It has been almost two years now since I broke up with my Ex whom i dated for almost a decade since when we were in secondary school up until we both graduated from uni ( we went to separate uni).

There were so many things that happened leading up to the break up. We kept having one issue to the other and we were quarreling almost on a weekly basis for the last two years of the relationship.

Amongst the many issues, one which stand out was her dating another guy. It started with her denying they were dating to when she could actually post his picture on snap and other social media handle and that was the height of it.

Friends told me to cut her loose but I couldn't and the whole toxic thing continued ( in retrospect, it was just naivety ). So little by little the love she had for me waned and I became tired of the whole thing and we just stopped talking and went our separate ways.

And it's been two years now but each time I run into her or see her picture, my mind skips. This has continued to happen ever since we broke up. I had long cut any form of contact with her but our childhood friends are kind of alike, so sometimes there's always that possibility of bumping into her or her picture from time to time.

Please what do I do?
Go get a girlfriend
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Goldentulip2: 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2021
Smh how does it feel or what does it mean when one says their heart skips tho honestly. Just move on that’s all the memories will disappear Abeg
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by GrandMasters: 5:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
The only thing that makes your mind to skip is the sexual relationship shared with her......10 yrs is like marriage!!!!

Find another girl to dey knack....her memories will fade away normally....

I'm sure...she must have aborted one or 2 pregnancy for you.......na her loss!!!! Move on kid

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by crackhouse(m): 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
Oga go and make money. If u make money now na you go dey pray make she come across you to see how well you are doing. Your mind dey cut because u still dey for the same position you were when she left you. Go and hustle my brother and you will even be praying to see her and not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by yommygift15: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
I dated my ex for 13yrs, she later misbehaved and I make sure she paid dearly for it, today I'm happily married with a girl and Twin daughter after, whenever I see her on the road ,my hear beeps for I always control my emotions and moved on.

1 Like

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by babavik: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
When I see or hear about guys dating for 3-4years I wonder how you people do it.
Am not a player but the longest I have ever stayed with a girl in a real relationship is 2 months.
How do you guys do this without being bored or feeling caged or restricted?

1 Like

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by nameo: 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
Saintmary:

Don't jump into a new relationship to feel better. It's not fair on the new lady.

Talk it out. Taaaaaaaaaalk.

Find a friend who's willing to listen, if he's not willing, find someone else until you get it out of your chest.

The plans you had, your hopes that she dashed, eeeeverything. It's therapeutic.

You're free to post things you're feeling somewhere, it's your social media space, it's a means of journalling. When you're healed, you'll look back and laugh even if you don't feel like laughing right now.

Take your time, don't rush yourself to heal, be kind to yourself, she pulled the plug, not you, she didn't believe in working things out with you, so don't blame yourself. Be kind to yourself, because if you don't love yourself,who will?

Above all, dive into your goals, and reinvent yourself. Look for self development videos and articles and follow them.

This phase you're going through has been experienced by millions of people and they have come out on the other side. You won't be an exception.

P. S. Please remind all other men who are forming hard up and down that we're all humans.

P. P. S. Lots of people are hiding humongous amounts of pain so don't let anyone put you down. Keep living one day at a time. Good luck.

Hi, i just followed you.

Thank you.

This here would be my exact advice
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by nameo: 9:27pm On Dec 16, 2021
DreamSonInlaw:

You are an amazing human

Oh!! You gat it too.

That was one of the best comments i have read on NL in a long time.

And it must have come from a person with some depth @saintMary

1 Like

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by nameo: 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
babavik:
When I see or hear about guys dating for 3-4years I wonder how you people do it.
Am not a player but the longest I have ever stayed with a girl in a real relationship is 2 months.
How do you guys do this without being bored or feeling caged or restricted?

Baba, shebi you know wan marry las las abi?

Lolz
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by placeofallure(f): 11:47pm On Dec 16, 2021
Kingkyle1:
It's a normal phenomenon. You dated her for a decade, imagine from secondary till you graduated from university. That's like a marriage that hit an unavoidable cul de sac.
The truth is that it will take time, yes! It might even last for a lifetime but you have to caution your mind each time to stop thinking about her. You know what? If you can't control it just manage it because she's already a part of you.
The only thing is that the tension will erase with time but on some days, her thoughts might engulf you whether you like it or not, this also happens to her unless she never loved you.
In all keep moving on.

You are 100% correct.

I always caution myself whenever I want to advise people on dealing with heartbreaks cause I never experienced one. The "easier said than done" thing creeps up on me but he gats to move on. Nobody is worth keeping your life on hold for! When OP gets another girl, he should make new memories with her. That will help him deal.
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2021
Some people leave permanent footprints in one's life. Whether the memories were good or bad. So it necessarily doesn't mean you want to get back to them.

In fact, there might be a few relationships after but this one will stand out.
I believe it's a soul tie issue and all you need is spiritual separation. Go on with your life and it will be good for you.

2 Likes

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by placeofallure(f): 12:05am On Dec 17, 2021
Acidosis:

It's funny how the people sharing this experience on the thread are males yet this same gender will be forming hard life on Nairaland. Weak men everywhere hiding under fat biceps and keyboard grin

It's NEVER weakness admitting humanness. Those are the the qualities that show you are not a robot. Every man, admit it or not, will be vulnerable at some point in their existence.

2 Likes

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by babavik: 3:00am On Dec 17, 2021
nameo:

Baba, shebi you know wan marry las las abi?

Lolz
Truth is "it gives me headache " because I would want to marry some day

1 Like

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Kobojunkie: 4:23am On Dec 17, 2021
Deanxy1:

Please what do I do?
Your mind abi na your heart dey skip a beat when you behold her image? undecided

Abeg, if na your mind for real, run go see a mental health professional oo. That na serious mental issue be that. undecided
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by BluntCrazeMan: 4:40am On Dec 17, 2021
Deanxy1:

Please what do I do?
Be deceiving yourself.
The next thing you might see is her wedding photos.
Then photos of her family, with up to four kids.
Don't go and find a babe.
Stay there and be sulking.

1 Like

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Double0h7(f): 4:53am On Dec 17, 2021
Some people name their first child after their first love so this is nothing new. Everybody feels it and everybody lives it. You will be just fine. Also, the brain is for remembering important information so be grateful you don't have dementia grin

2 Likes

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by WebDevExpert(m): 4:59am On Dec 17, 2021
amaham:
If you guys were sexually involved, it may be the soul ties playing out. Focus on Jesus, he'll lead you to the peace which passes all understanding
Is there truly a thing called soul tie?
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Saintmary(f): 7:07am On Dec 17, 2021
nameo:

Oh!! You gat it too.

Thanks.

Embracing your own pain will give you compassion for others who are in pain too.

Running from it will make you impatient with others. You'll think you're moving on, but you're only postponing your enlightenment.

That's the motivation for my reply.

1 Like

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Saintmary(f): 7:10am On Dec 17, 2021
nameo:

Hi, i just followed you.

Thank you.

This here would be my exact advice

Thanks.

But I hope you understand that we're all still growing.

I'm not there yet, but I'm trying my best.

1 Like

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by nameo: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Saintmary:

Thanks.

Embracing your own pain will give you compassion for others who are in pain too.

Running from it will make you impatient with others. You'll think you're moving on, but you're only postponing your enlightenment.

That's the motivation for my reply.

Oh k.... that came from reflections from personal experience.

Still, there is something deep there. I recognized it. And believe me, i usually do.

Whatever it is should be given the chance to bloom and bless the world. You should really think about it.

Have a great day
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by gnhpowerhouse: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2021
Munzy14:

Normal normal...

Men are the ones who love, while women accept with care...As care givers.

The one who loves will be the one who opens such thread na. grin
. How sure are you ?
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Saintmary(f): 11:54am On Dec 17, 2021
nameo:

Oh k.... that came from reflections from personal experience.

Still, there is something deep there. I recognized it. And believe me, i usually do.

Whatever it is should be given the chance to bloom and bless the world. You should really think about it.

Have a great day

I'm working on it. Thanks
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by Poleski: 12:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
Deanxy1:

Please what do I do?

You've already done what you supposed to do. She's no more into you and she has moved on.
Breaking up with her was the right thing to do.

I know how hard it is to end a long relationship but you need to move on now. Go get yourself a better woman, and it will help you to move on.
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by bepositive11: 6:10am On Dec 18, 2021
Mariangeles:
In the course of falling in and out of love, there will be that one person that you will always love, that will always have a place in your heart, regardless of whether you end up with them or not. And it is OK.
I also believe that you simply cannot stop loving a person you've truly loved, unless they give you a reason(s) to.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that you still love someone you once loved.
It only makes you nervous/anxious when you deny or try to fight the feeling. Relax and let it.
With time, it'll slowly fade into a memory without you even realizing it. Especially when a greater love comes.

Right on point
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by DreamSonInlaw(m): 8:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
nameo:

Oh!! You gat it too.

For real, the intelligence sips through, the way she took her time..you know she's really caring.
But all those qualities should not make you want to speed pass me..you don get advice, dey your dey �

1 Like

Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by DreamSonInlaw(m): 8:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
Saintmary:

Awwwwn thanks.

For like talk with you again, I no know how we go do am
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by nameo: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2021
DreamSonInlaw:

For real, the intelligence sips through, the way she took her time..you know she's really caring.
But all those qualities should not make you want to speed pass me..you don get advice, dey your dey �

Lolz..... my guy, you are free to speed pass me o. Carry go in fact. I am presently, mentally, not in the space of any of that due to recent personal events.

But when I have the time , would like to be her friend. Like to pick that mind of hers @saintmary
Re: My Mind Skips Each Time I See My Ex by DreamSonInlaw(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2021
nameo:

Lolz..... my guy, you are free to speed pass me o. Carry go in fact. I am presently, mentally, not in the space of any of that due to recent personal events.

But when I have the time , would like to be her friend. Like to pick that mind of hers @saintmary

Good decision..you need time to clear your head just as she advised. Even when you have the time..stay clear of my girlfriend �..I don't want you and her to be doing bestie �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys like girls with skimpy dresses and tight trousers, but they won't marry them / My Girlfriend Is Becoming A Liability…. / Why I Cut Off Contacts From My Family After Marrying My Nigerian Man- White Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.