Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! (27434 Views)

I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals / Woman Breaks Eggs At Beach, Curses Emma For Taking Advantage Of Her (Video) / “my Sick Wife Denied Me Staying With Her. I Look After Her Business” – Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by nnaetobi(m): 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2021
Dial *966*911# on ur phone, follow instructions, thank me later
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Pzpropertylimit(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2021
I pity any man that has a son as his next if kin and
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Help2020: 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2021
demoBaba:

Baba Awo, you want collect stone on top his head abi....if stone no show Apadi most enter.
Stemcell therapy, that's our method of treatment.

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2021
ElPayaso:

Dumb post from a dumb person. The part where she said he is spending the money anyhow is self-explanatory but since you decided to act like a dumbass. Read that post again. Because he is the first born and the male son does not mean he can spend the money as he so pleases.

If he was spending the money in the right manner, she won't be complaining.
that guys is dumb. Imagine a grown stealing his sick fathers money. To go sleep with hoes and probably get high... Chaiii God may the son of man never loose guard in such a way!! So sad..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by arantess: 4:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Abudu2000:
Now that he is sick what contributions have you made? Are you fully involved in the affair of his care? Do u even know the name of pills he is taking? If god forbid tomorrow he dies who do you think will be responsible for the arrangements and warefare? Oh becau now managed to grow little sense u now have the guts to question how he runs the family? Well I guess u have a very gentle elder bro because if that was an Edo family I believe there must be a certain wound or scare on your hand or head that will make you fear him.
mumu person

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Ffhh: 5:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
How
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by eyinjuege: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2021
Discuss with the other children na. You can't really do much behind their backs and you can all call a family meeting with your uncles to speak with your elder bro, if he is Mike Tyson as others have said.
He fit give them blow sha. One blow, 7 down. No be me advice you if that happens o
Meanwhile, has your dad got dementia?
If he has, unfortunately he will only get worse with regards to his memory and self care. He may not exactly recover enough to know anything about the money in his account. That money is best used to care for him, so don't allow your brother squander it.
Or what exact sickness is wrong with your dad?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Testimony1988(m): 5:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
Maybe you talk to him or contact your dad's lawyer, your dad's asset is to be shared amongst you and your siblings and not for him alone, he's stingy and wicked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
Abudu2000:
Now that he is sick what contributions have you made? Are you fully involved in the affair of his care? Do u even know the name of pills he is taking? If god forbid tomorrow he dies who do you think will be responsible for the arrangements and warefare? Oh becau now managed to grow little sense u now have the guts to question how he runs the family? Well I guess u have a very gentle elder bro because if that was an Edo family I believe there must be a certain wound or scare on your hand or head that will make you fear him.
always an idiot making senseless post
Ur pikin go suffer for ur kind stupid advices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Depressed101: 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ebelelivinston:
Happy Sunday Nairalanders. I need advice from bankers in the house.

My father has been sick for quite sometimes now that he doesn't know where he is. We are three sons two daughters he has. Our mother passed away for a long time now.

My father has an account of which we his children know the password because he do send us to withdraw money atimes. Ever since he has been sick, my elder brother has been in possession of his phone and he has been making unnecessary transfers from our father's account. I got to know about the unnecessary transfer via the bank app I have on my phone. Is it possible for me to go to the bank and change the sim connected to the account to another sim without him knowing because I have all the bank details but am afraid the bank would notify him and if he gets to know, he will deal with me. I want to do it because he's spending the money uselessly and if my father gets well, he would be very mad at him.

Elders in the house what do I do plz?
talk to the other brother na, and sisters abi na only you wan take the decision?
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by LegalOpinion: 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2021
You forgot to tell us how involved you have been in your father's treatment.

Or all you care about is his money?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by razzydoo(m): 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2021
Jealousy grin. Yimu, you think say na beans to be firstborn?? My own is just calm down. There are things you probably don't know.
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by God1stson(m): 5:40pm On Dec 19, 2021
Abudu2000:

Dumb! that's the mentality of most first male children that " entitlement mentality" especially among my igbo people. It happened to me and is still happening. If you guys don't battle him it will continue to grow worst. My father died when I was in jss2 like 14yrs my big brother was 21. We had a grinding shop then. My brother will go to d grinding shop 4 d whole day and bring less than N100. My father was a bank manager he was slightly above averagely in terms of cash but due to prolonged cancer we sold some properties to treat him, we were even duped of 200k then so wen he died we were poor only had his car, our house and d grinding shop. Then wen he brings d 50, we will eat 011 or 101 but on Sundays my brother go still fuel car with his friends to enjoy with babes. If I am going to benediction I go c my papa car packed with guys and girls drive fast past me. The thing pained me that a swore not to learn how to drive so I wouldn't be useless like my brother. He was not reading his books and was a drop out from the uni. Funny how he blames everybody for his woes now.immediately I entered the uni I started challenging him and was even ready to fight with him. I made sure I carried my 6 sister along with my mother in what I want 2 do. I went 2 were our fathers documents for land and shop were and hid and gave my senior sister when he discovered he couldn't do anything cos the whole family was turning against him. Now wey poverty don enter and he got married he dey try listen to us small small. Since he started listening to us we started giving him back the respect as the first son and now he can c that we love him and was just fighting 4 common good. U better contact a relative or conceal ur father's documents b4 that guy go send una go village. I don't know wether is a curse for most 1st male folks. Pls if ur a reading this piece and u fall into this category tred cautiously so u will live a good example for ur siblings. It was really he'll fighting my brother my mother wast the soft type so he resorted to prayer and it worked if not my brother nearly send us village. God will help u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Beey(f): 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ebelelivinston:

My father has been sick for quite sometimes now that he doesn't know where he is. We are three sons two daughters he has. Our mother passed away for a long time now.

My father has an account of which we his children know the password because he do send us to withdraw money atimes. Ever since he has been sick, my elder brother has been in possession of his phone and he has been making unnecessary transfers from our father's account. I got to know about the unnecessary transfer via the bank app I have on my phone. Is it possible for me to go to the bank and change the sim connected to the account to another sim without him knowing because I have all the bank details but am afraid the bank would notify him and if he gets to know, he will deal with me. I want to do it because he's spending the money uselessly and if my father gets well, he would be very mad at him.

If my understanding is right, did you say that your father has lost his cognitive abilities? He can’t tell where he is at or even what’s going on around him? If that’s the case, you need to flag that bank account by reporting fraudulent activities. Thereafter, go to court and have the court stop your brother from making further withdrawals. The court can also determine how the money will be spent and who will be the head of administration incase your father is still mentally incapacitated to make such decisions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by razzydoo(m): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2021
I'm sure there's an arrangement in place. Leave all this your oversabi.
Beey:
If my understanding is right, did you say that your father has lost his cognitive abilities? He can’t tell where he is at or even what’s going on around him? If that’s the case, you need to flag that bank account by reporting fraudulent activities. Thereafter, go to court and have the court stop your brother from making further withdrawals. The court can also determine how the money will be spent and who will be the head of administration incase your father is still mentally incapacitated to make such decisions.
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by MartinsD12(m): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Ahh! Nooooo. You want the bankers to visit the house when Mazi Tyson is still there? He will just send the bankers back disfigured and in crutches. They will not even make it to Round 2. If you're one of the bankers, will you go?
Na lie mehn , he dare not touch bankers he can't do it
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Freemasonry: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2021
Abudu2000:

A typical first son with a sense of entitlement.
Make una dey get sense sometimes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by MartinsD12(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ebelelivinston:

Don't you have uncle's , I mean good uncle's , your father's Brothers let them know what your elder brother is doing and they will treat his misbehavior
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Asagaguy: 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
Hire people to rub him off the phone, get the sim, and d throw it away
Ebelelivinston:
He's always with the phone
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Asagaguy: 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
Asagaguy:
Hire people to rub him off the phone, get the sim, and d throw it away
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Brandconsultany: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ebelelivinston:

Please carefully and smartly move all valuable documents belonging to your dad asap .

Then politely block the transfer code and hand him the phone without him ever knowing.
If you need proper guidance holla me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by AmVista: 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2021
@Ebelelivinston no matter what never report to the Bank .
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2021
Abudu2000:

You are a certified psychiatric fool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Mariangeles(f): 6:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ebelelivinston:
He's always with the phone

Your brother is a thief!

How old are you and why can't you stand up to your brother?
Notify the other siblings so that you all can stand up to and confront him.
Unless you have your own agenda by wanting to change the code codedly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by BABANGBALI: 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2021
Op do what you need to do to safe the situation and damn the consequences

Meanwhile standing from left to write: ajepako, mynd44, vickyrotex, fatymore and Annie001

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by grandstar(m): 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
ebelelivinston

If your dad has dementia, he wont get better. His brain will atrophy.
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Freelane33(m): 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2021
ABUDU OMO WERE shocked grin
Abudu2000:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by ugwumichael(m): 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
If you are tech savvy, you can chat up the bank to stop every form of transactions going on in the account since you have the account details, citing unauthorized/fraudulent transactions as your reason.

So when that is done, your brother cannot reactivate it by proxy, as he has to go with your father to the bank.

In all you do, be very careful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Abudu2000(m): 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:

You are a certified psychiatric fool.
just like your dad! I'm not supprised alot of u are quoting me, you will never understand what it means to be a first born coz god already saw you can't handle it. Alot of the things we do go unappreciated, the family feel it is your responsibility and no one should thank you for it and when something goes wrong you take the whole blame. We are even blame if the family don't succeed or progress, that's why very few first born are rich in life. How many first born have u seen doing yahoo, we just can't afford it but u see those middle and last borns being reckless because no responsibility is on them.
All my younger ones are dead scared of me i only hold meeting with my parents, they are just too small to be in my presence no matter how much they have. I have broken the windscreen of my younger bro, just for talking while I'm talking. That's how the disrespect begins if such small things are let to slide. Maybe those yorubas but in my town we rule with strength or the family suffers and u still take the blame. We don't plan with the rest we make and execute the plan, others follow.
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Abudu2000(m): 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Oizee:
useless brother welcome, may we not have ur type in the family..... because u are the first son, is that what gave you the effrontery to spend ur sick father's money anyhow? I know deeply u don't even want him recovered but, God pass u.
no first born wishes the father to die coz the responsibility will still fall on him. You won't and will never understand, but as u grow when little responsibility starts to fall on u then u will know. I didn't even bother to read the ful story but just by accusing the elder bro alone I don't need to know the rest.
Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by AgricMaster: 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ebelelivinston:

he will deal with me

is like you are talking from experience
has he dealt with you before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! by Assurance001(f): 8:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
You want to change the alert sim so you can complete the work with mobile app without being caught. Please remember your sisters and the third guy.
I wonder why nobody is seeing it from my angle.
On a lighter note he's not with your dad 24/7 so talk to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is He Serious Or Just Playing With My Emotions / Baby Musa Reunites With His Family / What's The Most Annoying Experience You Had With Your Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.