Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,539 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland (30563 Views)

How Can I Relocate My Family (4 Kids) To Canada? / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria / Before You Come To Ireland!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by AutoChick4U(f): 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
okuta007:

not likely Iraq, ... na Dubai grin
D load is too much. I wouldn't want anyone sending me to an unknown land with 4 kids. Only d op will now b flexing life while d woman b saddled with 4 kids

4 Likes

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by lovemoi2(f): 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
INCREDIBLE007:

Why Ireland

Places like Canada looks quite easy

have you ever been to Canada?

please elaborate what makes canada easy to help the Nigerians living in canada
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by ghettowriter(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2021
adabaraabdul:

At last someone is thinking in the same position with me. Honestly the comments here shames one as a Nigerian.

Quite on point. Sometimes, when i go to reddit and i see peoples comments on issues, i wished we can borrow a leaf from them

3 Likes

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by jericco1(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Abeg add me to the list bro. I am your nephew’s elder sister’s husband younger brother.

grin
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by jericco1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
SecretReporter:
This forum is losing it's value and the owner is more concern about advert than the necessary improvements, imagine all the comments on front page has nothing to do with what the OP request for, typical example of Nigerianistan Government

What has yours contributed

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Babaisha: 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
Richy4:

Why not go to the university of your choice website in Finland.. u go to their international student section..

I hope u are ready for the cold weather conditions of Finland... no be small oneoo..put that into consideration while making your decision...
Double check the state that has the lowest temperature and stay clear.. there are some with -30°

Thank you @Richy4, I have traveled to many European countries in the course of my job and vacations, we are at peace with Republic of Ireland.

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Babaisha: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2021
Donpenny:
If you are exploring study visa, try university of Ulster in northern ireland they often consider Nigerian. An old school frnd just relocated with her bf this yr. Both are currently there.

Thank you @Donpenny, appreciate your input.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by AngelicBeing: 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Donbabafx1:
Abeg add me to the list bro. I am your nephew’s elder sister’s husband younger brother.
Hian, like seriously, wetin person no go read for nairaland.com shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Shokoloko(f): 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
Saturn444:

Is it your wife's nagging and compulsive idea that you relocate to Ireland?

As a man, you need more understanding of the nature of the Universe. Every continent has a particular species of humans designed for that patch on the plane of human existence over the animals.

Africa is a continent designed for the Black race of human species. You are to develop it for the future generations of all blacks, otherwise you will never feel homely in any other patch on Earth. Even black Americans, so called Niggas, will feel more at home living in Africa.

Fix your patch and live like a king in it. Every black human living permanently on another continent is a mental slave, irrespective of the money structure. Every white man living permanently in Africa can not exhibit his full potential without feeling like he is threatening the black population.

Learn this core truth, and know peace.

What are you saying? The man is in the middle east. Even if he works for them for the next 2000 years he will not be given a citizenship. Nigeria is also not ready for diaspora return

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by okuta007: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2021
AutoChick4U:
D load is too much. I wouldn't want anyone sending me to an unknown land with 4 kids. Only d op will now b flexing life while d woman b saddled with 4 kids

exactly - if a man wants to take a lady overseas - if not US, Canada, UK, EU, Austalia or New Zealand, biko - dont go with him grin

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by SavageResponse(m): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
SecretReporter:
This forum is losing it's value and the owner is more concern about advert than the necessary improvements, imagine all the comments on front page has nothing to do with what the OP request for, typical example of Nigerianistan Government

How is this the fault of the owner of this forum?

The truth is that there is no basis for deleting people's comments except it encourages violence or if it's tribalistic or racist.

You people should think before you make stupid comments.

The 58 or so people that liked your stupid comment are also dumb!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Shokoloko(f): 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
AutoChick4U:
4 kids in an unknown country? very Herculean

Not really. She will have help from his mother or her mother. The first thing would be to locate a Nigerian church and join the women's group or join the Nigerians in Ireland telegram or whatsapp group

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Babaisha: 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2021
TheGreatOne90:

You may also consider citizenship by investment, if you have the funds

Thank you @TheGreatOne90,
Not sure we could afford the route of citizenship by investment
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Bishop(m): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2021
Babaisha:

Hi great people,

I have been a guest reader on this platform for many years and I have seen people provide great insight on issues thrown out on the platform.

Please I need a guide on the best path to relocate my family to Ireland.

We are a family of 6 and I have been working in the middle east for the past 16years, my family has been here with me for more than 10years.

I am planning to relocate my family to Europe, Republic of Ireland to be precise as I am in-love with the family orientation in the country and it is an English country.

My wife has a diploma from Nigerian Polytechnic and I am looking at the possibility of her and our four kids relocating to Ireland while I stay back in the middle East. I, personally earn better here and not thinking of relocating but will be visiting my family routinely.

For people that are already living in Ireland, could you guide us on the best way to achieve this and any risk or challenge to expect especially on the two listed below.

a) Have heard going through school route is a viable options which I am willing to explore for my wife, I am concerned if the country will be able to give my kids visa too to join their mother while she study.

b) Also what would child care/nanny support be like for a mother of 4 (kids age 11, 9, 7 and 4), heard it is expensive in Ireland, what is the possibility of having my mother-in-law stay with them to provide child care and save that extra cost.

Thank you

For the little i know about Uk education, only students going for Masters program are allowed to go with their families, your wife would probably go for a Bsc program and these puts her in a disadvantage position.

I will advise you try other European countries that have low cost of living and are not strict about dependants.

You will also need a lot of money as proof of funds to support your application
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by princewarri1985: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2021
YOU CAN RELLOCATE YOUR FAMILY TO IRELAND SIMPLY BY ROAD, GO BUY A BUS TICKET
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 20, 2021
Shokoloko:

What are you saying? The man is in the middle east. Even if he works for them for the next 2000 years he will not be given a citizenship. Nigeria is also not ready for diaspora return

You and I are saying the same thing. The black man will not be given the citizenship because he does not belong there naturally. And Nigeria is not ready for diaspora return, because diasporans are not ready to build their home for their return. And the Nigerians and Africans living in the continent think going away will give them eternal happiness.

When we fix Africa, a black man will have a home, until then only the blacks who know the truth about why they were lodged in this tough stable ground will govern the elements and enjoy the protection of our ancestor Alien Gods.

No very comfortable Nigerian can live abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Babaisha: 6:09pm On Dec 20, 2021
Saturn444:

Is it your wife's nagging and compulsive idea that you relocate to Ireland?

As a man, you need more understanding of the nature of the Universe. Every continent has a particular species of humans designed for that patch on the plane of human existence over the animals.

Africa is a continent designed for the Black race of human species. You are to develop it for the future generations of all blacks, otherwise you will never feel homely in any other patch on Earth. Even black Americans, so called Niggas, will feel more at home living in Africa.

Fix your patch and live like a king in it. Every black human living permanently on another continent is a mental slave, irrespective of the money structure. Every white man living permanently in Africa can not exhibit his full potential without feeling like he is threatening the black population.

Learn this core truth, and know peace.

Thank you @Saturn444,
I am in the Middle East together with my family and all my kids were born here, like someone shared above, regardless of the number of years , there are some things which you could not get regardless of the number of years you reside here. I am comfortable here because of my job but I believe my family will experience a better life and status if they relocate to Europe.

4 Likes

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
Babaisha:

Thank you @Saturn444,
I am in the Middle East together with my family and all my kids were born here, like someone shared above, regardless of the number of years , there are some things which you could not get regardless of the number of years you reside here. I am comfortable here because of my job but I believe my family will experience a better life and status if they relocate to Europe.

It is very understood my man. We all want the very best for our future generations not just our children but their own and great great children. We want our DNA imprints registered on the hall of fame of the world.

I understand about job necessity to keep body and soul and give good lifestyle. I personally own a business in Northern America because I couldn't function mentally as an employee.

But I had this epiphany moment when I realized that I am birthed with this Africa Avatar body cos I am to make impact in Africa. So I began divesting my portfolio and began thinking how to be a change maker here. I have known greater happiness and peace than when I was living allover the places snd spending on things I thought was great comdorts in high wave life all over the other kingdoms.

I am helping build my state now and I am to help others realize this peace of knowing that you are birthed somewhere to help build that place.

Africa is for Africans. Know this and know peace.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by treziMcCarthy: 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2021
May God guild you in your quest, please if you can help me get a nice job I will be glad,I'd be happy to be making my own plans soon just like what you are doing now, if you can help me with a good job.. You can ask for my contact... Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by BullyBullies: 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2021
SecretReporter:

I hope the NL admins take note of this. Bless you, ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by generalwo(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2021
Bros can i come as your younger brother or even your domestic maid?? Anything you want to call me... Just carry me follow body abeg.....
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by rafcrown(m): 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2021
I live in England but I really love Dublin,neat,cool and peaceful.Just like UK though.
Sheriman:
Ireland is a very nice country. I would love to stay and work in Ireland I prefer it to England.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by mikeayus(m): 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2021
Landmack:
I hope u get the much needed answers you seek. Ireland is a beautiful country u will love. A family friend got a work visa as a tech guy over there.

All d best in ur pursuit for a better living

Tag d mods to help u push to FP,for more insights and reach

Any useful info on how he got the work visa?
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Shokoloko(f): 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
Saturn444:

You and I are saying the same thing. The black man will not be given the citizenship because he does not belong there naturally. And Nigeria is not ready for diaspora return, because diasporans are not ready to build their home for their return. And the Nigerians and Africans living in the continent think going away will give them eternal happiness.

When we fix Africa, a black man will have a home, until then only the blacks who know the truth about why they were lodged in this tough stable ground will govern the elements and enjoy the protection of our ancestor Alien Gods.

I agree:The average Nigerian wants to return home.
I once told my community that I wanted to return and start something. Within 10 minutes, I was sent several obituary posters. What happened,? The posters were relatives of people in my community who had gone back to Nigeria, gotten identified as returnees and murdered. About 5 were murdered by policemen, some by their kinsmen.
I love Nigeria but I am not ready to die yet because I want to see something good come out of Nigeria. I know that there are people who went back and succeeded but its a 50/50 chance.

1 Like

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by niyogeol(m): 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
Hello Babaisha,

I believe I am in a stead to offer some perspective on your post.

Republic of Ireland — in Irish (Eire) is a peaceful place and a vibrant economy built around services, tourism, manufacturing and agriculture. Also it is a relatively small country with some 5 million inhabitants.

Back to your query, immigration rules in Ireland aren’t much different from what you find in many European countries. That is: come in via short stay visa (study, visit, work permit, or through Bel**** etc} and try to gain permanent resident status via employer sponsorship transition, marriage or asylum after which one can have a shot at citizenship.

Wanting your wife to move to Ireland as a student is a great idea. Irish education is sound and globally recognised. But the unfortunate thing is that only PhD students are allowed to bring their spouse, common law partner and dependents to Ireland while studying. Unlike the UK that allows MSc and PhD students to do same. Given this peculiarity vis-à-vis your wife’s educational background, I doubt she will qualify to move to Ireland with your kids on a student visa if she is not studying for a PhD.

If you are really desirous of moving to Ireland, perhaps you might want to encourage your wife to do a nursing diploma (RN) or degree and practice for a few years in some other country and then apply for job with the HSE (Health Service Executive - Ireland’s equivalent of UK’s NHS. This approach would allow her get work permit that permits the holder to come with spouse and dependents.

Also to collaborate what some earlier posters have said, cost of living in Ireland is pretty high. You should brace up to cough some real cash for a family of 6 if you insist on travelling this road.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Ch1g: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2021
Pls bro, I will love to come work in the middle East. I am telecommunication field engineer. Can you assist pls
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by sewenbigboi: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2021
Mekas2016:
I live in Ireland, precisely dublin...it is a very good country.

Your wife can try the school option for now, really wish you guys were here earlier because there is an amnesty scheme going on at the moment here to regularise immigrants and allow them work permit and pathway to becoming citizens thereafter.
I have few relatives in Dublin they said the same thing which is the school option but it’s too expensive sir and they said I should try the scholarship things which is very rare to be given scholarships by those schools especially if u don’t have a strong grade in your institution for example it’s very hard to do masters in abroad when you’re a polytechnic graduate they don’t accept HND TO MASTERS
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by sewenbigboi: 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2021
niyogeol:
Hello Babaisha,

I believe I am in a stead to offer some perspective on your post.

Republic of Ireland — in Irish (Eire) is a peaceful place and a vibrant economy built around services, tourism, manufacturing and agricultural sectors. Also it is a relatively small country with some 5 million inhabitants.

Back to your query, immigration rules in Ireland aren’t much different from what you find in many European countries. That is: come in via short stay visa (study, visit, work permit, or through Bel**** etc} and try to gain permanent resident status via employer sponsorship transition, marriage or asylum after which one can have a shot at citizenship.

Wanting your wife to move to Ireland as a student is a great idea. Irish education is sound and globally recognised. But the unfortunate thing is that only PhD students are allowed to bring their spouse, common law partner and dependents to Ireland while studying. Unlike the UK that allows MSc and PhD students to do same. Given this peculiarity vis-à-vis your wife’s educational background, I doubt she will qualify to move to Ireland with your kids on a student visa if she is not studying for a PhD.

If you are really desirous of moving to Ireland, perhaps you might want to encourage your wife to do a nursing diploma (RN) or degree and practice for a few years in some other country and then apply for job with the HSE (Health Service Executive - Ireland’s equivalent of UK’s NHS. This approach would allow her get work permit that permits the holder to come with spouse and dependents.

Also to collaborate what some earlier posters have said, cost of living in Ireland is pretty high. You should brace up to cough some real cash for a family of 6 if you insist on travelling this road.

I hope this helps. Cheers.
Yes you got it all
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by dozzy001(m): 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
kojoja7300:
How can I apply for admission into universities in Finland from Nigeria

Dm me
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by Gwan2(m): 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
Saturn444:

Bro, what you said is undiluted truth. Only a well travelled person will understand fully what you posit. I’ve never felt more at home than when I’m in Africa. The air, humidity, temperature, life purpose is for the black race and suited for the black race. I met an black American tourist in one of the African countries, He never felt at home than his recent experience.
Re: Inquire On Best Way To Relocate My Family To Ireland by brandsoncharlie: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2021
ExpressBooking:
I currently don't think Ireland Post graduate study with family and kids is going to be in the favour of ur wife unless you have a very huge explainable source of funds to support her and 4 kids alongside paying for nanny for about a year. The rent a year for an apartment that will be minimal convenient for your wife, kids and the visiting nanny will set you back about €1250 - €1800 monthly. That's for a one bedroom, living room, kitchen apartment or 2 bedroom depending on area. If it's in Dublin you are looking at about €20,000 on rent alone per year. Other associated bills won't be child's play.
Your wife will be allowed to work only 20hrs weekly and 40hrs when school is on break. Going by the minimum wage of €10.50 per hour, its still not gonna take care of anything.
I don't mean to discourage you, but its gonna be better if you move here alongside your family and help them settle in maybe when your wife is done with school, and gets a job with critical skills work permit, she can invite your mum or hers to assist
Where's the source of your information? Are you living in Ireland?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help / Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death / Imo Nightlife Returns, Hoteliers, Night Club Owners Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.