Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,586 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? (44625 Views)

Joro Olumofin: Why A Lot Of Ladies Didn't Get Married This Year / Have you Ever Been Engaged And Never Got Married To The Person / Guy Gets Engaged And He Discovered This!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by JovialJune(f): 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
Gandokiejim:
My Experience
I've always said,I won't marry anyone I had sex with.I believe you are cheap if I sleep with you before marriage ( my ideology though)
I dated and engaged 4 Ladies,I'll tempt them for sex,they will just fall and open their legs,that will be the end of that relationship.
I want to have a feel of my wife first time wedding night.

Different type of nomenclature dey this forum sha, this one is feeling like a tiny god, you date them, deceitfully engage them for the purpose of marriage, seduce them to have sex with you, then call them cheap and end the relationship cos they had sex with you their fiancé, and you think all you did was right? you think it will be well with you marriage wise? Abi God no dey heaven dey see you so?

It's a pity you won't come and tell us your story of oceanic tears when married to the one that pretended to be expensive and filled with peaches and cream, cos that is exactly who you will end up with.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
blaise26abj:

After they open their legs , did you sleep with them before calling off the engagement ? Who the F are you to tempt ladies that are engaged to you with sex ! Then judge them for falling for someone they love. You are a devil . You are not ready and i pray you don’t fall into the hands of a pretender that will see through your BS then F you up after you commit .

You saw that too. Why would a woman not want to sleep with someone she's engaged to for Christ's sake?

But I think he's trolling

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by JohnBullMySon: 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
Gandokiejim:
My Experience
I've always said,I won't marry anyone I had sex with.I believe you are cheap if I sleep with you before marriage ( my ideology though)
I dated and engaged 4 Ladies,I'll tempt them for sex,they will just fall and open their legs,that will be the end of that relationship.
This is very wrong. The kind of marriage you'll end with.... An entitled virgin wife who will transfer all her love from you to the kids starting from her first child then terrorize you in your own house. You'll become depressed each time you're returning home. Nah wetin fit u honestly.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Jaculze(m): 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
Guyman02:
Yes, we dated for 4 years as students, proposed to her after my NYSC when I secured a job, met her family, discussed my intention and they felt we are not on the same level (full of themselves), later they even claimed that they went to investigate my family in our village and they were told that mental illness runs in our lineage.
They convinced her to abandon our marriage plans which she did instead of fighting for us, I asked her to refund part of the bulk money I gave to her for the marriage preparation which she later did because I wanted a proper closure to the relationship, felt really humiliated, locked myself inside and cried, washed my face and told myself it was time to move on.

Deleted her contact from my phone, never scooped around her social media handles, put aside all our pictures together under a locker and didn't worry myself about her anymore.

Started another relationship with a lady I was close to as friends who was very passionate about me but I didn't look at her because I was faithful to my ex.

Suddenly from the blues, my ex elder sister called me after some months that she has been erratic, cursing everyone for making her to abandon the love of her life and that the family has agreed to our plans for marriage.

Later she called me asking for forgiveness and that it was an Uncle of mine who told her family that mental illness runs in our family because he felt I was marrying into a prominent family and to a girl who works in a big establishment while his own children are scattered.

I simply told her I have moved on and wasn't gonna look back and had already started marriage plans with the lady I mentioned earlier and I even invited her to the superlative wedding we were planning in an exquisite location then.
I used the opportunity to tell her that I am wiser now as I go for only ladies who stand by their men because I am afraid if I show any signs of madness (as my uncle told her family) instead of taking me to a psychiatrist hospital, she will rather take me to a market square so that the madness will become permanent.

Today we are both married to different people and talk freely on general topics anytime she calls me, but I totally avoid making any reference to our 4 years failed relationship to avoid Okafors Law.
I love this. You really handled this maturely. Kudos man. 10 packs of Oraimo earbuds for you jor grin send your address

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
1Sharon:

A "wide hole" can also be worked on, you do know that right?

I heard so, but I am not sure those procedures work.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Made619(m): 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

The truth is bitter to you and your kind. In the absence of a logical rebuttal, you play the “you sound bitter and hurt by men”. I would have expected you to put on your thinking cap and tell me what part of my submission is wrong.

Ad hominem is stale and only goes to butress how mentally deficient you are. T for tenkz.
it's well ma'am
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nyascobar1414:

Madam as your dp dey so..
You still get mouth?

Shaa, another man food is another man ........

Thank God you made that last statement.

You didn't even make a comment under what led to my harmless explanation, but you are attacking my own comment. What's wrong with you?

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Chukapage(m): 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

You have said that before. Now can you focus on the argument? cheesy
You see that picture of men you have in your head till you die you will keep meeting Exactly that picture of men na dem go around u... U get luck sey who you follow dey talk no be craze man... Nyen Nyen... Till you stop menstruating you will keep attracting the kind of men that match your pictures of men... That man that made you this pained and emotional never do anything.... Another wey go finish you kpata kpata dey come. tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by myke92(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
Gandokiejim:
My Experience

Omoh ehn..

Dem supposed flog you with better 2 by 2 angry

What sort of double standard is this for crying out loud.?

11 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

You have said that before. Now can you focus on the argument? cheesy
Even Jesus repeated a statement to Peter trice so quit trying to sound intelligent...you suck at it.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Chukapage:
You see that picture of men you have in your head till you die you will keep meeting Exactly that picture of men na dem go around u... U get luck sey who you follow dey talk no be craze man... Nyen Nyen... Till you stop menstruating you will keep attracting the kind of men that match your pictures of men... That man that made you this pained and emotional never do anything.... Another wey go finish you kpata kpata dey come. tongue grin

Oh shut up. Why so pained with the picture I have? Thought men are redpilled and don’t give two fcks about women? Cry me a river! grin

You that is a craze man, enter set naw. Let’s see what you can do. Doorpemu!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nyascobar1414: 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
gift0123:

Thank God you made that last statement.

You didn't even make a comment under what led to my harmless explanation, but you are attacking my own comment. What's wrong with you?

Peace!
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Chukapage(m): 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Oh shut up. Why so pained with the picture I have? Thought men are redpilled and don’t give two fcks about women? Cry me a river! grin
pained for who I no send? Taa gbafuo. But make I still repeat myself, you that picture of men you have in your head... Na dem u go dey attract till you stop menstruating... That one that made you this wailing pained emotional woman you are no even do shingbain.... The one wey go finish you kpata kpata dey come. Your gnashing of teeth never start grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
JovialJune:

Different type of nomenclature dey this forum sha, this one is feeling like a tiny god, you date them, deceitfully engage them for the purpose of marriage, seduce them to have sex with you, then call them cheap and end the relationship cos they had sex with you their fiancé, and you think all you did was right? you think it will be well with you marriage wise? Abi God no dey heaven dey see you so?

It's a pity you won't come and tell us your story of oceanic tears when married to the one that pretended to be expensive and filled with peaches and cream, cos that is exactly who you will end up with.

grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2021
Chukapage:
pained for who I no send? Taa gbafuo. But make I still repeat myself, you that picture of men you have in your head... Na dem u go dey attract till you stop menstruating... That one that made you this wailing pained emotional woman you are no even do shingbain.... The one wey go finish you kpata kpata dey come. Your gnashing of teeth never start grin

Odiegwu! Sorry,nature won’t be unfair to me because one online prick wants it to. God is not an errand boy for your innate evil tendencies. It is so sad that you haven’t been able to wish yourself the good things of life, but you think you can curse me. Are you this stupid or you are faking it? grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by JohnBullMySon: 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Please stop seeing nonsense and take a break. Hypocritical elements that can’t take the same treatment they dish out. Stand by you indeed. How many women have Naija men stood by? Always wanting to collect till they leave a sister drained and gasping for breath.
You generalise too much. Common attitude of toxic people.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nyascobar1414:

I know you are pained asf..
No hard feelings.. Respect peoples choices

Really? Pained for what? Inukwanumu anya shocked
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Chukapage(m): 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Odiegwu! Sorry,nature won’t be unfair to me because one online prick wants it to. God is not an errand boy for your innate evil tendencies. It is so sad that you haven’t been able to wish yourself the good things of life, but you think you can curse me. Are you this stupid or you are faking it? grin
Lmao! Oh fear don catch you ba? You don the call God chai! Oh after thinking men Evil you hope for God to give an Angel in the mist of Evils ?? Evils you've painted and created in your mind ? That God wey u dey call no be mumu... He can only give you what you believe. Let me repeat myself.. you see that picture of men you've painted in your head till you stop menstruating they will be the exact same men that will be attracted to you ,na dem go dey chase you! You see that one that has altered your mindset by the time the others you'll meet in the future are done with you, he'll be like angel to you! And they'll come in the package you like but them go finish you kpata kpata... You will keep attracting your picture of men till you stop menstruating. grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 9:07pm On Dec 22, 2021
Chukapage:
Lmao! Oh fear don catch you ba? You don the call God chai! Oh after thinking men Evil you hope for God to give an Angel in the mist of Evils ?? Evils you've painted and created in your mind ? That God wey u dey call no be mumu... He can only give you what you believe. Let me repeat myself.. you see that picture of men you've painted in your head till you stop menstruating they will be the exact same men that will be attracted to you ,na dem go dey chase you! You see that one that has altered your mindset by the time the others you'll meet in the future are done with you, he'll be like angel to you! And they'll come in the package you like but them go finish you kpata kpata... You will keep attracting your picture of men till you stop menstruating. grin

Once again, I apologize that your wishes DIDN’T come through. That must hurt, but such is life. The supposedly bad ones get good deals. Wipe your tears and wish yourself some love and light. You need it more. kiss kiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by AfroKnight: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Okay ooo. lipsrsealed Na me be the fargin, and this guy was a recovering bad boy. He coped with me for five months, max, as we were already making plans for getting married in the next three months.

One night like that sha, he got tipsy and begged me. I gree. He no fit even wait make we tumble go bedroom. Oga say no, mba, we must do it right there, right now on the white couch. I say okay. I pushed the mental discomfort of the fact that it wasn't the perfect night as I envisioned with Indian love song playing in the background and turari burning on the nightstand with amadioha's-like red, fat candles on the floor.

Sha sha, one thing led to something to another thing and it was time for pene***tion. And... and... omooo, at the verrryy first touch of his thing to my tip, I give him one strong leg kick and jumped out of the window o. Ah! E be like say dem wan use giant saw cut me into two. Ah. Emi omolomo; omo iya e kan soso. cry Is me one boy want to come and scarra and pulverize and destabilize. I couldn't take it!!!

Blood was gushing out from my elbows and arms like this ni o, from my batman stunt. And this boy started screaming the whole house down, cursing me and everything and telling me he's locking me outside, ehn igbadakodo, yada yada yada. And all the neighbours were looking - some outside, some from their burglary-proof windows. Chai. That was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life, let me tell you. I now started the walk of ****** out of the compound...

See, I'm teary already. I'm coming back. cry cry cry Lemme blow my nose and comport myself... you've taken me down a memory highway... Oh, God.

Wait.

Okay. This wasn’t what I expected.

Must have been really embarrassing. Omo!

Make I give you e-hug. Collect!

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Dec 22, 2021
Chukapage:

Wahala tie gele
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Chukapage(m): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Once again, I apologize that your wishes DIDN’T come through. That must hurt, but such is life. The supposedly bad ones get good deals. Wipe your tears and wish yourself some love and light. You need it more. kiss kiss
Yes you think you're a saint while the men are Evil... Your "good self" will keep attracting the most Evil hearted of men... Which is the Exact picture of men you have in your head. No be "wish" na your REALITY... You've already affirmed to it . Na fresh men wey go finish you off kpata kpata from where the last one leave you na them go dey chase you na them your toto go dey hungry till your menstruation stop. it's not a wish it is a reality you have by yourself and thoughts accepted with your full chest. Brace up your heart ... They are coming to finish you.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by pocohantas(f): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
Chukapage:
Yes you think you're a saint while the men are Evil... Your "good self" will keep attracting the most Evil hearted of men... Which is the Exact picture of men you have in your head. No be "wish" na your REALITY... You've already affirmed to it . Na fresh men wey go finish you off kpata kpata from where the last one leave you na them go dey chase you na them your toto go dey hungry till your menstruation stop. it's not a wish it is a reality you have by yourself and thoughts accepted with your full chest. Brace up your heart ... They are coming to finish you.

Heya. A redpiller is bothered about what a woman thinks of men. So much for going their own way and not caring about the opinion of women. Deep down men (INCLUDING REDPILLERS) want to be desired by even the most notorious feminist.

This is not something I don’t know, I just love how much effort you have expended in proving it. You will be fine and I still won’t think differently of you. You can get that from your mother and female partner, if you have any. kiss

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Munzy14(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
Guyman02:
Yes, we dated for 4 years as students, proposed to her after my NYSC when I secured a job, met her family, discussed my intention and they felt we are not on the same level (full of themselves), later they even claimed that they went to investigate my family in our village and they were told that mental illness runs in our lineage.
They convinced her to abandon our marriage plans which she did instead of fighting for us, I asked her to refund part of the bulk money I gave to her for the marriage preparation which she later did because I wanted a proper closure to the relationship, felt really humiliated, locked myself inside and cried, washed my face and told myself it was time to move on.

Deleted her contact from my phone, never scooped around her social media handles, put aside all our pictures together under a locker and didn't worry myself about her anymore.

Started another relationship with a lady I was close to as friends who was very passionate about me but I didn't look at her because I was faithful to my ex.

Suddenly from the blues, my ex elder sister called me after some months that she has been erratic, cursing everyone for making her to abandon the love of her life and that the family has agreed to our plans for marriage.

Later she called me asking for forgiveness and that it was an Uncle of mine who told her family that mental illness runs in our family because he felt I was marrying into a prominent family and to a girl who works in a big establishment while his own children are scattered.

I simply told her I have moved on and wasn't gonna look back and had already started marriage plans with the lady I mentioned earlier and I even invited her to the superlative wedding we were planning in an exquisite location then.
I used the opportunity to tell her that I am wiser now as I go for only ladies who stand by their men because I am afraid if I show any signs of madness (as my uncle told her family) instead of taking me to a psychiatrist hospital, she will rather take me to a market square so that the madness will become permanent.

Today we are both married to different people and talk freely on general topics anytime she calls me, but I totally avoid making any reference to our 4 years failed relationship to avoid Okafors Law.
I enjoyed your comment..So mature...kudos!

Human, we by pass the ones who really care about us to chase those stubborn ones that will amount to nothing...

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Munzy14(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2021
helinues:
Nah.

Always been careful about final choice
Careful careful na em make brother titus remain single at 60...

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Sunday2021: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2021
emonis88:

Oh! Now u know it is not a military regime!! When u were heaping blame on Jonathan that year u didn't remember it was a democracy? Now let me burst ur bubble. If the NASS does an over ride ,let's say on this new electoral bill that he has to sign bf it comes into law, n he is pushed out of the way in d passing into law, il u not come here n shout hell fire n brimstone , that he is d leader? Ok since it is not a military regime , the NASS should over ride him in laws n stop all these his useless policies that has plugged our economy into distress, proscribe bandits, n alot more that the leader ur denying has bn preventing , stalling.
the NASS can even impeach him if they follow due process. Where I will get problem with the NASS is if they didn't follow due process.
For the bill, the Constitution gave the national assembly the right to overide his decision as long as they can get 2/3 majority. Secondly, I want you to look at the reasons he gave for not signing the bill with an open mind. We have 18 political parties and we have almost 9000 words and if these 18 political parties conduct election in all the 9000 words what do you think will happen.
Mind you, we have almost 7 seats that would be contested on.
Mr Man, the only politician I ever voted for was Gej in 2011, so please don't bring Gej issue here. The Gej you are talking about is a friend to buhari,he visits buhari almost every month, he was there when buhari son was getting married. What about you? Were you invited? Gej has moved on while poor people like you are still stuck in 2014 matters.
Grow up boy!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Chukapage(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Heya. A redpiller is bothered about what a woman thinks of men. So much for going their own way and not caring about the opinion of women. Deep down men (INCLUDING REDPILLERS) want to be desired by even the most notorious feminist.

This is not something I don’t know, I just love how much effort you have expended in proving it. You will be fine and I still won’t think differently of you. You can get that from your mother and female partner, if you have any. kiss
Madam this is not redpiller Vs feminism issue... You can't shift the goal post. You see that picture of men you have in your head? That mindset of men you have in your head. That will be your REALITY... You never start.... You're calling God ... You never even start... God can't dash you what you yourself don't believe in... Again You see that picture of men you have in your head yes that picture yes the picture. That will be the EXACT same type of men that will chase after you... Infact even if you hide for bunker dem go chase you come. Then they'll manifest your EXACT picture and thoughts of men which is finishing you kpata kpata from where the last one stopped. Brace up... By your thoughts your REALITY has been sealed. Drink milk and ready your heart cool
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by whytepawn1(m): 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2021
derbykol:
There are exceptions to this so called Okafor's law.
Of course... There are exceptions... Otherwise it won't be a law .
Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2021
Chukapage:

Guy you too dey talk, naa you be men representative for nairaland? Or women don too break your heart? Jiri ya nwayo!! Stop occupying the thread let's see posts related to the thread wink

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Mordecai(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Please stop seeing nonsense and take a break. Hypocritical elements that can’t take the same treatment they dish out. Stand by you indeed. How many women have Naija men stood by? Always wanting to collect till they leave a sister drained and gasping for breath.

Haba Madame Poco. Look all around you. Naija men have been standing by their wives. To buttress my point, Peter Okoye has stood by Lola. Countless others do too. You really need to stop sounding bitter. Men still love women and will always do. Women love men and will always do. Don't be on the unpleasant side of the fence.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Chukapage(m): 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
gift0123:

Guy you too dey talk, naa you be men representative for nairaland? Or women don too break your heart? Jiri ya nwayo!! Stop occupying the thread let's see posts related to the thread.
Bia Nwanyi hapu m aka ooo.... No be only women dey yarn men sef dey yarn ,..that " u too talk" shaming tactics can't work here. Allow me to pass my message to that woman.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Engaged, And Later Didn't Get Married? What Actually Went Wrong? by Raalsalghul: 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
Wakando:

She was about to travel abroad, i spent more than a million for her travel, engaged her then she traveled, few weeks later her father called me to stop disturbing his daughter, that I'm too poor to be his son in law

Are you fucking serious?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Set To Wed This Month Share Their Photo From 2006 / Why Do Girls Who Club & Sleep Around End In Better Marriages Than Church Girls? / Man In Ekiti Sucks Boobs On A Shrine Idol, Says "I Got Freaky With The God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.