Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

My Fiancee Lied About Her Age - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Lied About Her Age (9375 Views)

How To Deal With Someone Who Lied About Sleeping With You / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed / My Girlfriend Lied About Her Age: Should I Dump Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by ronkebp(f): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2011
dayokanu:

Your BF "forgot" to tell you that he was impotent or he once had a STD.

I guess we should forgive and assume that everyone has lied before

What are you driving at? that he should not forgive her? or, do you want me to answer that question?
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by upendo98(f): 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2011
shocked shocked still here?? He already said hes made up his mind like 99 years ago.He is not marrying her
A man has made up his mind so no amount of mediation,intercession,visitation can make him think otherwise.
You all just get ready to console some broken hearted gal this week on NL.
And poster pliz be gentle when breakin such news now tht u had gone tht far.The humiliation will be too much 4 her to bear.
Shes still human anyway so if ur gonna do it, be gentle dont spit it on her face!!She will never lie again.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nayah(f): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
Do you love this girl? if yes try to search any force to forgive, if not,
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by 9jafetish(f): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2011
how old are you?
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2011
mydreamz:

[size=15pt]OH SHUT UP ALL YOU A[i]S[/i]S STARVED DI[i]CK[/i]S tongue tongue[/size]

If your kitty is the only kitty to f*U*C*K for me to be given 500million naira, i do rather remain a Virgin for life instead
Ur ass is so flat that i do mistaken it for ur stomach each time i look at ur pic
grin
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Olaisrich(m): 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
When you ask people what is the most important quality that two lovers married or about to marry
must have,without thinking twice everyone will say love,love,love!.The test of love comes @ different
time in various relationships,to sm people it comes early, and to some it may be later.I beleive this is the poster's time of test! You are angry? yes, you have the right to do so, who wouldn't?. I don't want to paint the picture of NO BIG THING! to you,but it is a big thing only if you make it one.I beleive that for you to have done the introduction with her you have examined and considered her to be a wife material,
what if your fiancee is pregnant and one angel came to tell you it is from the Holy Spirit? i beleive it not that complex as that.This is a decision is basically yours,if you know that you are not comfortable now and you will not be comfortable in future, don't go ahead. But you can also forgive and build around those beautiful qualities of her that always turn you on every now and then,i know couple that had pass
through the same thing even worse than yours because the lady was some months older,yet they live happy with each other with a child now. hmmm! There are many rivers to cross in life, but we don't know the one that has snakes,crocodiles or even dragons!
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by andyanders: 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2011
@ ronkebp
What are you driving at? that he should not forgive her? or, do you want me to answer that question?

I like that. You have given him the best answer. I wonder why the guy should not forgive the lady for what? Who on earth is without sin. She accepted to it and then? Must she be killed to get her denounce the age she declared to the guy? People should reason. No 2 pefect people on the face of this earth. I am a man, men lie a lot to impress a woman.period.

If the poster doesn't want, he should go away, after all the lady can even find another guy better than him to marry. Is he gold? money or wealth is not love and marriage. She can use the mistake she made to make corrections for the future and they can stay happily.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Olaisrich(m): 8:13pm On Jun 15, 2011
You all just get ready to console some broken hearted gal this week on NL

very funny!
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by NDelta(m): 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2011
If its the lady in question that told you about her real age then you may consider her but if she left u to discover the truth on your own then you may need to prospone the marriage. its OK to lie the first time you meet someone but when the relationship is getting a bit serious YOU MUST TELL YOUR PARTNER THE TRUTH.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by BABE3: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
heee---Jesus!

wth?! This is dating 101 now. haba! How can you be with your "partner" and not know her real age---? and you eventually get engaged to her--- hehe--what kind of fooliness is that---? So if she "told" you she was HIV positive, you'll agree?  haha--- this kind of talk fit give me severe headache.

If you're planning to spend the rest of your life with someone, there are some basics things you just have to know about the person-- for real---e.g. her 4ucking real age! Geez!  (If you're literate sha--even if you ain't)

So now, you're planning on dumping her---lmao--- Well, I'm gonna discourage or encourage you to do so. Both of you have issues.  undecided  

Lol @ her saying "she forgot"-- "it was a mistake"--chei!
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by IykeD(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
odiaero:

If your kitty is the only kitty to f*U*C*K for me to be given 500million naira, i do rather remain a Virgin for life instead
your backside is so flat that i do mistaken it for your stomach each time i look at your pic
grin

Bros u r harsh now lolz Meanwhile u just gave me a comic relief this evening with ur first statement about booty, it was damn too funny
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2011
Lol, I wonder how someone can lie and then forgot to tell the truth about something as trivial as age.

With that said, age is only a number. The qualities you admire in her which led you to propose in the first place were not age-related. I'm sure you've lost trust in her though. If I were you, I wouldn't call the wedding off. The most I would do is postpone it, just to give myself time to trust her again.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by 190: 8:32pm On Jun 15, 2011
edited
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2011
Shhhh. Lol.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by GboyegaD(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2011
The poster already has made up his mind before coming here. Poster, kindly check yourself to be sure that there is no lie in what you are saying and the things you told her earlier.

Since he wouldn't tell us other things and he is hinging on the lie concerning the age, then I wish him well and would like to remind him that the grass only looks greener on the other side.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by solomto(f): 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
Dnt abandon her
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
ronkebp:

1, He should not forgive a sin that grave

2. You answer that question

3. Whats your name, and How can we meet cos I suspect you would be pretty

4. If your name is Ronke does the BP means ou work with BP or you give guys Blood Pressure?
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by MeGaStReEt: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2011
Women and LIES
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by AkanA1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2011
It surprises me how all the ladies on this forum r saying that he shud go ahead with the marriage. My friend has been telling me 4 years that all ladies r liars and I found it hard 2 believe him, but 2day I confirm it 4 myself. Ladies supporting their partner in crime. So this is what desperation has turned the average naija lady in2. Pathetic I must say.

Back 2 the topic of this thread;
@Poster
Since the love was sharking 2 much that u decided 2 rush in2 marriage after few weeks of dating, y do ya wanna back out now. If I had advised u earlier 2 chill u would have thot that I have an ulterior motive 4 saying so. I really wonder how hard it was 2 c that she looks older than she claims 2 b. It means u probably never talked about stuffz like when she was born, began primary school, secondary school, etc. or did she lie about all of that also.

I think u shud go ahead with the marriage. It will help u learn a lot about life,
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 15, 2011
Akan A1:
It surprises me how all the ladies on this forum r saying that he shud go ahead with the marriage. My friend has been telling me 4 years that all ladies r liars and I found it hard 2 believe him, but 2day I confirm it 4 myself. Ladies supporting their partner in crime. So this is what desperation has turned the average naija lady in2. Pathetic I must say.

Back 2 the topic of this thread;
@Poster
Since the love was sharking 2 much that u decided 2 rush in2 marriage after few weeks of dating, y do ya wanna back out now. If I had advised u earlier 2 chill u would have thot that I have an ulterior motive 4 saying so. I really wonder how hard it was 2 c that she looks older than she claims 2 b. It means u probably never talked about stuffz like when she was born, began primary school, secondary school, etc. or did she lie about all of that also.

I think u shud go ahead with the marriage. It will help u learn a lot about life,

What are you supporting then?

If she lied about not being married before, about adultery, having children, aka "something major" then yes, he should consider backing out. Is it only women that lie? Men have lied to me, but I believe in giving second chances. I'm very grateful I did because one of them is my best friend and has been for years. Until you can point me to someone in this present world that is perfect and has never had a lapse in judgment, I will continue giving second chances.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by jonced(m): 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2011
@poster

Let me be honest with u. she was wrong to lie about her age, no doubt. But the question is: Do u love her? If ur answer is yes, then go ahead with the marriage. The truth is that nobody is perfect. Can pple on NL forum say they never lied to their partner ever?

C'mon let's be real, even u - poster must have told a lie or two, its not as if the issue is such a big deal, whats 3 years age difference when we are talking about love and marriage/lifetime commitment. I dont know about u, but i think its not so easy to meet someone who u love enough to consider marrying not to talk of having done the introduction etc.

I will advice that u go ahead with the wedding plans, dont make a mountain out of a molehill.

Good Luck
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by AkanA1(m): 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2011
@Ogugua88

Impressed with ur ability 2 use the bold case function. Thumbs up! But don't go patting urself on the back feeling like a genius.

Both men and women lie quite alright. But ladies r serial liars. Desperate ladies looking 4 a husband by any means necessary r more dangerous and deadly and will lie their way 2 the marriage bed if they have 2 believing that once they get the man hooked there is no way out. Thats y many men r unfaithful these days coz they get pissed off with their wives after they get 2 discover that everything was built on lies.

I am advising the poster 2 go ahead with the marriage coz he wont b the 1st and neither wil he be the last. There r many like him that have fallen in2 that trap of deception, him backing out makes no difference considering that there r over 140 million people in naija,
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2011
upendo 98:

shocked shocked still here?? He already said hes made up his mind like 99 years ago.He is not marrying her
A man has made up his mind so no amount of mediation,intercession,visitation can make him think otherwise.
You all just get ready to console some broken hearted gal this week on NL.
And poster pliz be gentle when breakin such news now tht u had gone tht far.The humiliation will be too much 4 her to bear.
Shes still human anyway so if your gonna do it, be gentle dont spit it on her face!!She will never lie again.

LOL!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

+1000
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2011
Akan A1:
@Ogugua88

Impressed with your ability 2 use the bold case function. Thumbs up! But don't go patting urself on the back feeling like a genius.

Both men and women lie quite alright. But ladies r serial liars. Desperate ladies looking 4 a husband by any means necessary r more dangerous and deadly and will lie their way 2 the marriage bed if they have 2 believing that once they get the man hooked there is no way out. Thats y many men r unfaithful these days coz they get pissed off with their wives after they get 2 discover that everything was built on lies.

I am advising the poster 2 go ahead with the marriage coz he wont b the 1st and neither wil he be the last. There r many like him that have fallen in2 that trap of deception, him backing out makes no difference considering that there r over 140 million people in naija,

There is no proof as to which gender lies more. So, to you and your type, I will say this: either say that it's a woman's world and men are pawns, or tell yourself and your fellow males to take some self-responsibility. No amount of lying or deception can ever warrant infidelity.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by AkanA1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
ogugua88:

There is no proof as to which gender lies more. So, to you and your type, I will say this: either say that it's a woman's world and men are pawns, or tell yourself and your fellow males to take some self-responsibility. No amount of lying or deception can ever warrant infidelity.

Believe me ladies tell more lies in a relationship. Guys lie only when its necessary just 2 keep the lady happy. Like that my friend i talked about earlier said "Many guys will go 2 hell 4 telling a lady that she is beautiful" Girls lie about big and delicate issues and after they r caught feel no remorse. All they do is say "so what's the big deal?" We shud stop using the line "Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone" 2 cover up 4 our low moral standards and the low depths ladies r willing 2 delve just 2 get what they want,
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by SSaemoenl(m): 10:25pm On Jun 15, 2011
Very fascinating about lies, But bros, If she passes other test you have tried, She can be OK to marry, Though I HATE lies. You can still consider base on ur findings. Goodluck. But why lies Ladies and Gman?
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by ronkebp(f): 10:51pm On Jun 15, 2011
dayokanu:

1, He should not forgive a sin that grave

2. You answer that question

3. Whats your name, and How can we meet cos I suspect you would be pretty

4. If your name is Ronke does the BP means ou work with BP or you give guys Blood Pressure?
. 1. That sin to me is not that grave.
2. No, I won't forgive that one.it has to do with health. 3. Ronke Bishop.4. smiley blood pressure indeed.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by denny4ril: 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2011
The reason most people lie about their age is mostly fear of rejection about the other partner as being too old for marriage. Even if you do not lie about your age, you still may not find the right spouse for yourself. Relationship is about good manners, right attitude towards life's challenges and issues and solving problems in a mature manner without being disturbed about it. You are not old until you choose not to learn, grow and make positive impact in people's life
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 16, 2011
Well girls lie about their age a lot in nigeria so nothing new to this.OP even if you dump her how are u sure that the next lady you would date wont lie about her age to you.You might just find out that the next lady you dating who told you she"s 22yrs might actually be 45yrs.
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by guente02(m): 12:12am On Jun 16, 2011
But wait o! What if she lied about her HIV status and i knw prolly u sef go don phock collect b4 naw, only 4 ha 2 tel u dat he wantd 2 tel u bt 4got. Imagine!
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 16, 2011
Guente02 that one na simple matter
Just do a HIV test with your gf b4 you pound her yams cheesy
Re: My Fiancee Lied About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 12:22am On Jun 16, 2011
ronkebp:

. 1. That sin to me is not that grave.
2. No, I won't forgive that one.it has to do with health. 3. Ronke Bishop.4. smiley blood pressure indeed.

1. That is a grave lie. Assuming you are 24 and would prefer a guy 25-30 If the guy you were interested in is 21 but told you he was 30 whch fits your likes for you to only know after introduction.

2. Why cant you forgive have you not lied before

3. How old are you and post your picture.

4 I searched that name and nothing came out. You better get in touch with me privately or else. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashion Or Madness: See What These 2 Ladies Wore To My Shop Today (photo) / Blood Oath / Strippers Pray Together Before Show. (+18pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.