Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? (16265 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Pastor Blessing Agboli: "Tithes And Offerings Cannot Buy Private Jets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
Curious345:
Na Catholic church start am
LOLgrin. funny comment
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
pafra:

Must you mock the church?
nairaland where you have people looking for opportunities to mock God and the church is where you are seeking cancel.

NOTE, the gate of hell can not prevail against the church.

If you are not satisfy with the church leave and stop dragging the name of the lord in the mud.
God's name doesn't live in a building called church
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
Silentmoni:
b4 leaving my house i make up my mind on what 2 give afta dat,nothing go make me give extra...nah so i visit 1church afta givin d 1st offering d pastor stil dey mention building,financial breakthrough offering etc...i just sit put,dem dey carry d offering bag pass me i no shake body.@ a point d lady sitting next 2me offered me #500 so i could give thinkn i broke,wen i open my purse 4her she respect herself follw me sitdwn..nah frm church d lady follw me reach hauz.na who no get moni dey shame
LOLgrin church service continue at home.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
Pauldollars:

Poor man's mentality. Its better I don't give offering than give N5 as offering.
Next year, the least offering I'll give in Church will be N500 naira by God's grace
Allow the guy give N5 he wishes to give, you're not God been given to.

You can give 1m if you wishes to, You're giving to God too. it's not like mentality.

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
ultimateprof:
After following all these styles of offering collection from my pastors and nothing changed in my life for many years and I decided to change my style of giving too. The worse thing is that my church collect three to five offerings every Sunday. I decided not to give offering and tithes for over three years now and since the time that I stopped giving offering and tithes, God have been blessing me heavily. No matter how many times they call for offering na where I dey na there I dey. If they say that everyone should dance around before dropping their offering, i will dance around too without dropping anything. If they gave me two envelopes, the way they gave me the envelopes are the same way that I'm going to drop it back for them.
I believe that I'm cashing out the once that I have sowed in the past.

This is my formation 11-0-0-0 feel free to copy my formation, thank you!
Explain the 11-0-0-0 formation
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Silentmoni(m): 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

LOLgrin church service continue at home.
nah thanksgiving service we do for hauz
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2021
Anonymoususher:
For me I don't give beyond my power no matter the blackmail.

Like this December my church did Thanksgiving and you know how it is for workers na, tax upon tax.

Since it's Thanksgiving, my aim was to give 50k as Thanksgiving offering to appreciate God for the year but things started having K-leg when they started tasking me.... I said no problem, from my thanksgiving budget I go take give una

First, I was tasked to buy the drinks for the day 10k since it isn't a big church

Secondly, they asked me to pay for Pastor's Uber fee 5k

Thirdly, pastor after preaching called for seed sowing, I didn't come out and he called me by my name to come... I said no wahala, I made pledge of 10k

After everything I just did my plus and minus, instead of 50k I initially wanted to give, I ended up putting 25k in envelope and use the remaining 25k to settle their tasks...

I will not fall for their emotional blackmail OR give beyond what I budgeted.
goal achieved..
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2021
Silentmoni:
nah thanksgiving service we do for hauz
wonderment
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by TheGift: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:
Please don't get it wrong. I believe there should be 2 offerings: normal church offering and tithe.

Nowadays there are up to 5 offerings in church.

1 Sunday school offering
2 Testimony offering
3 Building levy offering
4 Youth offering
5 Offerings for needy
6 Tithe etc

There are strategies devised to coerse one to give cry cry cry cry cry cry
such as "stand up and raise your offering and being left on the seat while others give.

It makes me feel bad.

What you should do is THINK! Think, is this consistent with the Christ!
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by pafra(m): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=MrMacinterchi1 post=108829266]
God's name doesn't live in a building called church [/quote

You don't know, let me educate you.
The bible says
Where two or three are gathered in my name I am there. Matt. 18:20

Please always study your bible .
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by pafra(m): 3:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
Okd1:
A certain benefactor.

I am not bro. I am not a pastor, but committed to God.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by pafra(m): 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
Fourwinds:
just take a look at yourself...are you more Christian than the OP or many commenters here? Nonsense.. Get out

I should get out? I will.
I know christians by their fruits.

Remain bless
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Princewell2012(m): 3:27pm On Dec 26, 2021
Guyman02:
Don't constitute a stumbling block if everyone is going out for offering by rows, if you don't have money join them and walk past the offering box, there's no shame in it, you will feel awkward if you are the only left and when the offerors are returning you will be raising your legs for them to pass and constituting a nuisance.
Don't sit, join them and walk past the offering box without dropping anything and no one will even notice

Hmm I think that is the key to it, just walk pass the offering box. I have attended such a church as these before, I have to give an empty envelope. may God forgive me.
Imagine every one will left their seat and I will be the only one left all eyes will be on me and I have to give them space to pass and go to their seat imagine the shame. I have a friend then who is late now each time they about to give their numerous offering he will pretend as if he wants to wiwi and will not come back until the offering time is over.
By the grace of God am a pastor now, I think we should apply wisdom in this offering of a thing at least two offering and one tithe is OK.
let people give freely from their heart.

Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Successfulben: 3:31pm On Dec 26, 2021
Church is now a business organization. If you notice your church to be a M.M.V(money making venture) and you still go ahead and give ur hard earned money all in the miserable name of TITHE, then you are not better than Buhari.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
I remember then when I was much younger. This pastor took a peek at the offering basket. When he see #20 and #10 naira na so he para come dey halla on top mic. He say make them return the basket back to the congregation so then go put 'quality' offering. shocked

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2021
Guyman02:
Don't constitute a stumbling block if everyone is going out for offering by rows, if you don't have money join them and walk past the offering box, there's no shame in it, you will feel awkward if you are the only left and when the offerors are returning you will be raising your legs for them to pass and constituting a nuisance.
Don't sit, join them and walk past the offering box without dropping anything and no one will even notice
using envelope is the best as no one is embarrassed.You can afford to return an empty envelope back.

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Princewell2012(m): 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
eaglez:
Thank God u said some pastors, we need to understand first that pastors are first of humans and with humans anything can happen, not all that call him father know him.

let get it straight. Apart from his tithe what was his position in the church is he a worker in the vine yard? The pastor can not kill himself because of him. He is the one that have problem with himself we all have challenges we should walk on ourselves and not depend on anyone but rather pray hard and put our trust in God
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=pafra post=108830940][/quote]
Mr education,
you just made a joke with the quote from the Bible you know nothing of. and it's laughable.
I would advise you Start using God given Sense to reason. It's for Free. I meant no offense.

Now,
is it only in a church that you gather?
did the passage you quoted mentioned anything church?
where two or more gather in his name right? so, does that mean you need a building you called church to feel God's presence in your life?

We can gather under a tree, in your home , any place of nature, anywhere and believe in what you are doing in his name and he will be there with you.
because you Believe, not because you are in a building you know as church.

Be open to others. Be open minded.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by mastermaestro(m): 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
Princewell2012:

Hmm I think that is the key to it, just walk pass the offering box. I have attended such a church as these before, I have to give an empty envelope. may God forgive me.
Imagine every one will left their seat and I will be the only one left all eyes will be on me and I have to give them space to pass and go to their seat imagine the shame. I have a friend then who is late now each time they about to give their numerous offering he will pretend as if he wants to wiwi and will not come back until the offering time is over.
By the grace of God am a pastor now, I think we should apply wisdom in this offering of a thing at least two offering and one tithe is OK.
let people give freely from their heart.

Merry Christmas.

Multiple offering collection is driven by greed. One general offering and tithe should do for a decent spirit-filled church. If there are projects to be executed, they should not be funded through all kinds of service offerings. Simple announcements should be made so that those who have can give at their own convenience. Such extra giving doesn’t have to happen during service.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by smile4kenn(m): 5:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:
Please don't get it wrong. I believe there should be 2 offerings: normal church offering and tithe.

Nowadays there are up to 5 offerings in church.

1 Sunday school offering
2 Testimony offering
3 Building levy offering
4 Youth offering
5 Offerings for needy
6 Tithe etc

There are strategies devised to coerse one to give cry cry cry cry cry cry
such as "stand up and raise your offering and being left on the seat while others give.

It makes me feel bad.

trruee.

https://gist.am/question/what-to-do-during-calls-for-multiple-offerings-in-church
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Hkff: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
grin

Dont go Broke
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Exodora: 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2021
You didn't add Jesus wives offering
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by eaglez(m): 6:23pm On Dec 26, 2021
I couldn't agree less, some shallow minded people always look for a way to cast aspersions on the church.
Princewell2012:

let get it straight. Apart from his tithe what was his position in the church is he a worker in the vine yard? The pastor can not kill himself because of him. He is the one that have problem with himself we all have challenges we should walk on ourselves and not depend on anyone but rather pray hard and put our trust in God
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by ultimateprof: 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

Explain the 11-0-0-0 formation
It means full defense.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by pafra(m): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

Mr education,
you just made a joke with the quote from the Bible you know nothing of. and it's laughable.
I would advise you Start using God given Sense to reason. It's for Free. I meant no offense.

Now,
is it only in a church that you gather?
did the passage you quoted mentioned anything church?
where two or more gather in his name right? so, does that mean you need a building you called church to feel God's presence in your life?

We can gather under a tree, in your home , any place of nature, anywhere and believe in what you are doing in his name and he will be there with you.
because you Believe, not because you are in a building you know as church.

Be open to others. Be open minded.

Op was talking about a church.
We will not gathered under a tree �.
We gather in our houses for house fellowship.
We gather anywhere for evangelism, outreach,

The church will March on the gate of hell will not prevail against it.

No matter what you do to bring down the church will never prevail.

Mega churches are raising up . Very soon you will hear the commissioning of mega churches the devil and his agent can do nothing about it.

The churches are above 100k capacity churches. All will be fill to capacity. This churches are bigger than any football stadium in the world.

We will be praising and lifting the the name of Jesus high in this auditorium. We will not worship under trees�

In mount Zion there shall be deliverance. You can't do nothing about it .

Jesus is winning
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
pafra:

Op was talking about a church.
We will not gathered under a tree �.
We gather in our houses for house fellowship.
We gather anywhere for evangelism, outreach,

The church will March on the gate of hell will not prevail against it.

No matter what you do to bring down the church will never prevail.

Mega churches are raising up . Very soon you will hear the commissioning of mega churches the devil and his agent can do nothing about it.

The churches are above 100k capacity churches. All will be fill to capacity. This churches are bigger than any football stadium in the world.

We will be praising and lifting the the name of Jesus high in this auditorium. We will not worship under trees�

In mount Zion there shall be deliverance. You can't do nothing about it .

Jesus is winning

You're not being reasonable. you're just replying with sentiment. LOLgrin but it's fine.

Nobody is attacking you and your church. I'm trying to let you know that God doesn't live in a building called church.
Even the Bible you quoted wasn't in support of what you claimed you know.

Be logical. LOLgrin
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by pafra(m): 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

You're not being reasonable. you're just replying with sentiment. LOLgrin but it's fine.

Nobody is attacking you and your church. I'm trying to let you know that God doesn't live in a building called church.
Even the Bible you quoted wasn't in support of what you claimed you know.

Be logical. LOLgrin

Did you just say you are not attacking the church?

You are to small to attack the church. You just hate the church.

All haters know their place.

I am reasonable. You can not attack the church and I keep quiet.

The zeal of the lords house have possess me..

The church will win. It is prophetic
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
pafra:

Did you just say you are not attacking the church?
You are to small to attack the church. You just hate the church.
All haters know their place.
I am reasonable. You can not attack the church and I keep quiet.
The zeal of the lords house have possess me..
The church will win. It is prophetic
My brother, calm down and read. stop being funny nah. naaa waah for you o.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Henon: 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

You don't understand. Shame go catch you small.

Besides it gets worse now due to additionals like

1 Divine favour offering
2 Protection
3 Prosperity
4 Offering for those that appreciate what God did for them in 2021
5 Offering to cross over to a better 2022.

Don't get me wrong. This thread is not meant to bash Christianity as I consider myself one but is there a way it could be reduced for those that want to give more to make transfer.
All these trash you listed here which church i dey happen? You don get likes na, oya go chop dem.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Mypeople2(m): 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
Silentmoni:
my dear even my pastor knw say i no dey take nonsense...if my pastor call 4breakthrough or any illegal offering 1thousand times him knw say i no fit come out unless i had decided 2give...i no need impress my pastor or members bcoz dem knw say i dey comfortable and i no send...i give wen am persuaded and wen there's genuine reason 2 so nobody or pastor can coarse me 2give against my will.
Nice one
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by candidbabe(f): 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2021
Silentmoni:
my dear some of these pastors no get conscience just dey use God and church rob people.a man once told me dat he can never go 2any church again,i asked why?he told me wen he was doing well in business his pastor was his best friend bcoz he was always coughing out huge tithe,offering and donations 4 church projects and maintenance,infact most sundays na him house pastor&some members dey eat...but wen he had challenges in business he went 2same church and pastor 2seek 4financial help 2get back up d pastor offered him prayers telling him 2keep trusting and having faith 4 a turnaround..today d man is in d village frustrated and hopeless,d pastor no even send.

Chai!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges / Warning! The Trumpet Is Fixing To Sound. JESUS Is Coming!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.