Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? (16271 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Pastor Blessing Agboli: "Tithes And Offerings Cannot Buy Private Jets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by jimtemi1: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2021
Is good to give, but not at the expense of ur pocket... If u really want to give to GOD, give it to the needy.. Most pastor are living large at the expense of the members.. They eat 60,feeding, cars n larvish life style.. Remaining 40 is for GOD'S church projects
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by pafra(m): 10:17am On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:
Please don't get it wrong. I believe there should be 2 offerings: normal church offering and tithe.

Nowadays there are up to 5 offerings in church.

1 Sunday school offering
2 Testimony offering
3 Building levy offering
4 Youth offering
5 Offerings for needy
6 Tithe etc

There are strategies devised to coerse one to give cry cry cry cry cry cry
such as "stand up and raise your offering and being left on the seat while others give.

It makes me feel bad.

Must you mock the church?
nairaland where you have people looking for opportunities to mock God and the church is where you are seeking cancel.

NOTE, the gate of hell can not prevail against the church.

If you are not satisfy with the church leave and stop dragging the name of the lord in the mud.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Solofresh2: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
simple something, get 5 naira note in 5 places and put them all in envelope and give for each offering. you have satisfied all 5 offering plates and you are only out of 25 naira
grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Godmademan(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

You don't understand. Shame go catch you small.

Besides it gets worse now due to additionals like

1 Divine favour offering
2 Protection
3 Prosperity
4 Offering for those that appreciate what God did for them in 2021
5 Offering to cross over to a better 2022.

Don't get me wrong. This thread is not meant to bash Christianity as I consider myself one but is there a way it could be reduced for those that want to give more to make transfer.
I usually give my offering for the day dazall. Anything else no concern me. I will just be toying with my phone whilst other offerings go on. There is a reason it's called OFFERING.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by thinkmoney(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:
Please don't get it wrong. I believe there should be 2 offerings: normal church offering and tithe.

1 Sunday school offering
2 Testimony offering
3 Building levy offering
4 Youth offering
5 Offerings for needy
6 Tithe etc

such as "stand up and raise your offering and being left on the seat while others give.

It makes me feel bad.

It's sad. Its coercion. Its unchristian. We are just not courageous enough. No one should be in churches where these are practised no matter the miracle or financial things we think we are enjoying there. We should show loyalty and love for Gods reputation.
Fruits or qualities that churches show determine if they are acceptable to God or not. This fruits shouldn't be ignored as Christians. In the time of christ, the box for collecting such things are put at an inconspicuous space at the entrance point of say synagogues.
And my friend, in line with being courageous, Christians should come to terms that tithe collecting is unchristian too. It was never part of the Acts of the Apostles and early Christians.

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by thinkmoney(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

1 Divine favour offering
2 Protection
3 Prosperity

Don't get me wrong. This thread is not meant to bash Christianity as I consider myself one but is there a way it could be reduced for those that want to give more to make transfer.
The only way is 'get yeh out from among them and touch unclean things'. These are the people that have made the stomach their God. These are the shepherds feeding on the sheeps.
Look closely at churches that practise such, you will see that they have many other doctrines and practices that cant be found in the bible
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Angelfrost(m): 10:34am On Dec 26, 2021
Lemme laugh at the topic fess!!!! grin grin grin

It's all about personal and spiritual maturity!

Call am any thing you wish, nothing moves me! Once I don drop wetin dey my mind for the first offering box, I am done!!!

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Athemisia: 10:37am On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

What do you do during the call for further offerings: you sit down?

Some will even tell you to wave your offering to God.

You can't be caught waving #50 . Na casting.
Yet there are guidelines in the Bible for giving: don't allow your left hand to know what your right hand is giving.

We are admonished not to behave like Pharisees.
Alaye... Na wetin you get you go give oh...
In kizz Daniel's voice
"No go dey do pass your self"
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Fourwinds: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
simple something, get 5 naira note in 5 places and put them all in envelope and give for each offering. you have satisfied all 5 offering plates and you are only out of 25 naira

Hmmmmmm...you mean I should just buy five envelopes and put five naira note on each envelope? Kai... Ama you get sense pass the pastor...heheheeeee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Okd1: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2021
Mehn I don't send o even if pastor like call me by name, I will only give what I intend to give.. No time for faking.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by HEAVEN4444: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2021
deltateam:

People will see you stuffing #5 nah.
stuff it in your own private envelope before church. then stuff that private envelope into the church envelope cheesy

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by HEAVEN4444: 10:43am On Dec 26, 2021
friday2011:

grin cheesy grin

You wicked ooo...

Envelope seff pass #5 each na bros, sufery dey vex na.
grin grin
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by HEAVEN4444: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2021
Solofresh2:
grin cheesy
pastor dey hustle, me sef i no wan be maga cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Fourwinds: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2021
pafra:

nairaland where you have people looking for opportunities to mock God and the church is where you are seeking cancel.

If you are not satisfy with the church leave and stop dragging the name of the lord in the mud.
just take a look at yourself...are you more Christian than the OP or many commenters here? Nonsense.. Get out

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by HEAVEN4444: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2021
Fourwinds:

Hmmmmmm...you mean I should just buy five envelopes and put five naira note on each envelope? Kai... Ama you get sense pass the pastor...heheheeeee
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Okd1: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2021
A certain benefactor.

pafra:

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by UbongCR7(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

What do you do during the call for further offerings: you sit down?

Some will even tell you to wave your offering to God.

You can't be caught waving #50 . Na casting.
Yet there are guidelines in the Bible for giving: don't allow your left hand to know what your right hand is giving.

We are admonished not to behave like Pharisees.

Omor
Things d happen
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by deltateam: 10:49am On Dec 26, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
stuff it in your own private envelope before church. then stuff that private envelope into the church envelope cheesy

Sense will not kill you.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by peacenaija(m): 10:50am On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

1 Sunday school offering
2 Testimony offering
3 Building levy offering
4 Youth offering
5 Offerings for needy
6 Tithe etc

It makes me feel bad.

Lol, do you attend The Apostolic Church?

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by HEAVEN4444: 10:51am On Dec 26, 2021
deltateam:

Sense will not kill you.

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Fourwinds: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2021
DLSReigns:
Giving is such a wonderful act and the fulfillment that comes afterwards is even better. What ever, where ever and to whoever you give, just do it joyfully and ensure you are giving something worthy. Trust me heavens will reward you. No matter what humans say.

Na them be this. Multiple offering numbering three and above is wrong every Sunday
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Silentmoni(m): 10:58am On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

1 Sunday school offering
2 Testimony offering
3 Building levy offering
4 Youth offering
5 Offerings for needy
6 Tithe etc

It makes me feel bad.

b4 leaving my house i make up my mind on what 2 give afta dat,nothing go make me give extra...nah so i visit 1church afta givin d 1st offering d pastor stil dey mention building,financial breakthrough offering etc...i just sit put,dem dey carry d offering bag pass me i no shake body.@ a point d lady sitting next 2me offered me #500 so i could give thinkn i broke,wen i open my purse 4her she respect herself follw me sitdwn..nah frm church d lady follw me reach hauz.na who no get moni dey shame

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Fourwinds: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2021
venabili:

Ntn rude about it.

Best strategy, get plenty of 100 or 50 naira notes for pocket( whichever you can afford). The get a couple of 1k notes(or even 5) when they say wave your offering, wave the 1k notes, and gently use the other hand to hold the 100naira note. When its time to drop it, drop the 1k notes in ur pocket and the 100naira in the offering box. Easier if they use envelope. Just drop a blank envelope. Its a tested and trusted technique.

Maaaad ooooooooo grin grin grin
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Ernesca(m): 11:06am On Dec 26, 2021
Every man to himself. Before I commot for house, I don share the money put inside pocket. Top left pocket na the offering .
Right front pocket na if I hear the spirit say go give that one.
Left front pocket na my TP oo.
Right back pocket na for tattles and ice cream .
SE fini
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by ladel(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2021
Why is this sounding RCCG
Run O!!!

zedegit:

1 Divine favour offering
2 Protection
3 Prosperity

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by candidbabe(f): 11:20am On Dec 26, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
If you learn to be shameless, half of your problems are solved. Look at your politicians.

/

Gbam
For this kind thing I no dey shame
Greedy pastors cannot use me to enrich themselves

NEVER!!!!!
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by candidbabe(f): 11:24am On Dec 26, 2021
Silentmoni:
b4 leaving my house i make up my mind on what 2 give afta dat,nothing go make me give extra...nah so i visit 1church afta givin d 1st offering d pastor stil dey mention building,financial breakthrough offering etc...i just sit put,dem dey carry d offering bag pass me i no shake body.@ a point d lady sitting next 2me offered me #500 so i could give thinkn i broke,wen i open my purse 4her she respect herself follw me sitdwn..nah frm church d lady follw me reach hauz.na who no get moni dey shame

Supported
This is what I always do
What nonsense
Enough of the exploitation by greedy pastors.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Mypeople2(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2021
Guyman02:
Don't constitute a stumbling block if everyone is going out for offering by rows, if you don't have money join them and walk past the offering box, there's no shame in it, you will feel awkward if you are the only left and when the offerors are returning you will be raising your legs for them to pass and constituting a nuisance.
Don't sit, join them and walk past the offering box without dropping anything and no one will even notice
cheesy grin grin You bad ooo Anyway some churches used to give 5 offerings .So what I normally do is to change my money into smaller amount .Rather than put five hundred, I will give N100 five times.If you don't do that, the shame will be too much .Imagine people that will be putting N10 five times will be looking at you as if you are the poorest in the Church when you are sitting down while they are going to the altar to drop their money

3 Likes

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Pauldollars(m): 11:40am On Dec 26, 2021
HEAVEN4444:

Poor man's mentality. Its better I don't give offering than give N5 as offering.
Next year, the least offering I'll give in Church will be N500 naira by God's grace
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Pauldollars(m): 11:41am On Dec 26, 2021
Poor man's mentality. Its better I don't give offering than give N5 as offering.
Next year, the least offering I'll give in Church will be N500 naira by God's grace
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by chijokz(m): 11:43am On Dec 26, 2021
caesymore:

Hmmmm. Mhennn...

All these Pastors and their subtle means of emptying their gullible followers pockets. These ain't offering to God but extortion form clueless members.
You hit the nail on the head.
Same thing I told my church-going friends.
All these offerings mostly prevalent in pentecostal churches are designed to ensure the pastors extract the maximum money from the followers.
By the time these followers pay their tithes and all these offerings, they will be left with very little to survive on which results in majority of them reaching out to people like me and you for financial assistance.

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by ultimateprof: 11:47am On Dec 26, 2021
After following all these styles of offering collection from my pastors and nothing changed in my life for many years and I decided to change my style of giving too. The worse thing is that my church collect three to five offerings every Sunday. I decided not to give offering and tithes for over three years now and since the time that I stopped giving offering and tithes, God have been blessing me heavily. No matter how many times they call for offering na where I dey na there I dey. If they say that everyone should dance around before dropping their offering, i will dance around too without dropping anything. If they gave me two envelopes, the way they gave me the envelopes are the same way that I'm going to drop it back for them.
I believe that I'm cashing out the once that I have sowed in the past.

This is my formation 11-0-0-0 feel free to copy my formation, thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.