Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? (16272 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Pastor Blessing Agboli: "Tithes And Offerings Cannot Buy Private Jets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Tamer40(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2021
[quote author=zedegit post=108819841]Please don't get it wrong. I believe there should be 2 offerings: normal church offering and tithe.

Nowadays there are up to 5 offerings in church.

1 Sunday school offering
2 Testimony offering
3 Building levy offering
4 Youth offering
5 Offerings for needy
6 Tithe etc

There are strategies devised to coerse one to give cry cry cry cry cry cry
such as "stand up and raise your offering and being left on the seat while others give.

It makes me feel bad.

cool cool cool See what amazed me about the many Jokes on the comment lanes �����. Well, Church that keep demanding too many offerings have their reason but why can't just two offering be enough And tithes follow.
If we know the story of Naaman how he was healed of his lepers and what to wanted to give gift Prophet Elisha refused because we know it was God that did it. . Churches keep collecting more for reasons known to them at they can change the narrative by teaching them to help their neighbours. Imagine a neighbours asking for just 200 naira you refused to give but when pastor call for 20k you come out. Who is deceiving who. My friends let read Proverbs 15:3

Happy Sunday and New year in advance
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Mypeople2(m): 11:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Silentmoni:
b4 leaving my house i make up my mind on what 2 give afta dat,nothing go make me give extra...nah so i visit 1church afta givin d 1st offering d pastor stil dey mention building,financial breakthrough offering etc...i just sit put,dem dey carry d offering bag pass me i no shake body.@ a point d lady sitting next 2me offered me #500 so i could give thinkn i broke,wen i open my purse 4her she respect herself follw me sitdwn..nah frm church d lady follw me reach hauz.na who no get moni dey shame
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You were able to handle it that way because you are not a member of that church.Some times excessive offerings will be annoying .Imagine an offering for you to see 2022.You be God wey won carry person for train go 2022? If you see people that came out to put offering so that they go see 2022 eh
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by eaglez(m): 12:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
It is better u don't collect at all than collecting and returning empty, if u no get genuinely u no get be that. Don't rack sense with God.
luwiizy:
OGa next time to avoid all these unwarranted stress and pressure just collect the envelope and drop it back with a smile...nothing lose....Na only you know the amount of weight you weigh
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by eaglez(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2021
Swallow your pride and sit down
zedegit:

Where they don't give envelope and offering box is transparent.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by luwiizy(m): 12:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
eaglez:
It is better u don't collect at all than collecting and returning empty, if u no get genuinely u no get be that. Don't rack sense with God.
see your mouth like don't rack sense with God, shabi na God de spend the money

2 Likes

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by eaglez(m): 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
Smh a mature man gives 5 naira in a church? Do u know like there are expenses in running a church, u all just conclude na pastor dey chop the money. Hmmmm
HEAVEN4444:
simple something, get 5 naira note in 5 places and put them all in envelope and give for each offering. you have satisfied all 5 offering plates and you are only out of 25 naira
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Loverboi2cute(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
Omo for the church wey we dey attend for Iba New-Site before, see their order of offering:

1. SUNDAY SCHOOL OFFERING

2. GENERAL OFFERING

3. TESTIMONY OFFERING

4. SEED FAITH OFFERING

5. TITHE

6. BUILDING OFFERING

7. CHILD DEDICATION OFFERING (FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR FRUIT OF THE WOMB; SO THEY CAN TAP INTO...)

8. FAMILY OR INTER-STATE THANKSGIVING OFFERING
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by eaglez(m): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
This might look foolish but sincerely it is wisdom, give what u have and if u don't have please sit down, instead of racking sense with God.
Jidemoo:
If I have given the one wey I get.....I jejely sit on my seat....I no dey shame.

If e pain person...make he or she gimme make I go give
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Silentmoni(m): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
candidbabe:

Supported
This is what I always do
What nonsense
Enough of the exploitation by greedy pastors.
my dear some of these pastors no get conscience just dey use God and church rob people.a man once told me dat he can never go 2any church again,i asked why?he told me wen he was doing well in business his pastor was his best friend bcoz he was always coughing out huge tithe,offering and donations 4 church projects and maintenance,infact most sundays na him house pastor&some members dey eat...but wen he had challenges in business he went 2same church and pastor 2seek 4financial help 2get back up d pastor offered him prayers telling him 2keep trusting and having faith 4 a turnaround..today d man is in d village frustrated and hopeless,d pastor no even send.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by eaglez(m): 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2021
See as truth dey flog u. I don't throw tantrums, change ur ways.
luwiizy:
see your mouth like don't rack sense with God, shabi na God de spend the money
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by eaglez(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
Thank God u said some pastors, we need to understand first that pastors are first of humans and with humans anything can happen, not all that call him father know him.
Silentmoni:
my dear some of these pastors no get conscience just dey use God and church rob people.a man once told me dat he can never go 2any church again,i asked why?he told me wen he was doing well in business his pastor was his best friend bcoz he was always coughing out huge tithe,offering and donations 4 church projects and maintenance,infact most sundays na him house pastor&some members dey eat...but wen he had challenges in business he went 2same church and pastor 2seek 4financial help 2get back up d pastor offered him prayers telling him 2keep trusting and having faith 4 a turnaround..today d man is in d village frustrated and hopeless,d pastor no even send.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by DanHaske: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
dallyemmy:
Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.

Ecclesiastes 11:6

King Solomon the wise king advice for you!
He was talking about investment. Having multiple streams of income
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Anonymoususher: 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
For me I don't give beyond my power no matter the blackmail.

Like this December my church did Thanksgiving and you know how it is for workers na, tax upon tax.

Since it's Thanksgiving, my aim was to give 50k as Thanksgiving offering to appreciate God for the year but things started having K-leg when they started tasking me.... I said no problem, from my thanksgiving budget I go take give una

First, I was tasked to buy the drinks for the day 10k since it isn't a big church

Secondly, they asked me to pay for Pastor's Uber fee 5k

Thirdly, pastor after preaching called for seed sowing, I didn't come out and he called me by my name to come... I said no wahala, I made pledge of 10k

After everything I just did my plus and minus, instead of 50k I initially wanted to give, I ended up putting 25k in envelope and use the remaining 25k to settle their tasks...

I will not fall for their emotional blackmail OR give beyond what I budgeted.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Silentmoni(m): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2021
Mypeople2:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You were able to handle it that way because you are not a member of that church.Some times excessive offerings will be annoying .Imagine an offering for you to see 2022.You be God wey won carry person for train go 2022? If you see people that came out to put offering so that they go see 2022 eh
my dear even my pastor knw say i no dey take nonsense...if my pastor call 4breakthrough or any illegal offering 1thousand times him knw say i no fit come out unless i had decided 2give...i no need impress my pastor or members bcoz dem knw say i dey comfortable and i no send...i give wen am persuaded and wen there's genuine reason 2 so nobody or pastor can coarse me 2give against my will.

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by HEAVEN4444: 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
Pauldollars:

Poor man's mentality. Its better I don't give offering than give N5 as offering.
Next year, the least offering I'll give in Church will be N500 naira by God's grace
Well you can do what you want. i reserve the 500 and 1000 naira offerings for real beggars on the street.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by seyz91(m): 12:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
Confirm!
helinues:
Give your extra money to those who truly deserved it not wasting it in the name of tithes.

Na pastors dey receive the tithes no be God
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by LordEmrys: 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by TheOmoney(m): 12:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
Ogbeni.....change your church
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Abdogood(m): 12:50pm On Dec 26, 2021
We in Cele have been use to this since birth. Na normal it.

All u need do is split 200 into 10, 10 naira. Same thing. U can not come n kill yourself.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by zedegit: 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2021
ladel:
Why is this sounding RCCG
Run O!!!

You nah witch. shocked
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by zedegit: 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
Silentmoni:
b4 leaving my house i make up my mind on what 2 give afta dat,nothing go make me give extra...nah so i visit 1church afta givin d 1st offering d pastor stil dey mention building,financial breakthrough offering etc...i just sit put,dem dey carry d offering bag pass me i no shake body.@ a point d lady sitting next 2me offered me #500 so i could give thinkn i broke,wen i open my purse 4her she respect herself follw me sitdwn..nah frm church d lady follw me reach hauz.na who no get moni dey shame

Complete your story.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2021
helinues:
Give your extra money to those who truly deserved it not wasting it in the name of tithes.

Na pastors dey receive the tithes no be God
Exactly. Why I don't like getting close to any pastor, because they have this way of mouth manipulating one to give beyond what you expect.

1 Like

Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Silentmoni(m): 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

Complete your story.
Heaven is real...Repent now! lol
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by Amalekki: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2021
If you can't sit down for personal reasons or complex then get up and wave your hands in thanksgiving and praise to God. Most of you still don't get it that while congregation as Christians is important for uplifting the church as one by relating with & supporting each other, relationship with God is personal. Most of you are only connecting with your pastors, not God.

If your mindset is "what would people say" even inside church, then you need a thorough examination of your faith.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by smartr: 1:29pm On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

You don't understand. Shame go catch you small.

Besides it gets worse now due to additionals like

1 Divine favour offering
2 Protection
3 Prosperity
4 Offering for those that appreciate what God did for them in 2021
5 Offering to cross over to a better 2022.

Don't get me wrong. This thread is not meant to bash Christianity as I consider myself one but is there a way it could be reduced for those that want to give more to make transfer.

You no wan change church angry angry
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:32pm On Dec 26, 2021
Guyman02:
Don't constitute a stumbling block if everyone is going out for offering by rows, if you don't have money join them and walk past the offering box, there's no shame in it, you will feel awkward if you are the only left and when the offerors are returning you will be raising your legs for them to pass and constituting a nuisance.
Don't sit, join them and walk past the offering box without dropping anything and no one will even notice
to raise leg better.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by ceeceeuwa: 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2021
zedegit:

You don't understand. Shame go catch you small.

Besides it gets worse now due to additionals like

1 Divine favour offering
2 Protection
3 Prosperity
4 Offering for those that appreciate what God did for them in 2021
5 Offering to cross over to a better 2022.

Don't get me wrong. This thread is not meant to bash Christianity as I consider myself one but is there a way it could be reduced for those that want to give more to make transfer.
Did you make those up, or you decided to be sarcastic? If not what denomination do you worship?
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MummyD2020(f): 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
No one is forcing you. Do the ones you can becosGod sees the heart. When i dont have enough to give, if the church like, let everybody get up all at once to go give offering, i will jejely sit on my seat. No time to fake it.
Re: What To Do During Calls For Multiple Offerings? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
CNNN:

You are a f00l. Then force you? Which Shame. Sit on your chair. Get better understanding. This is 2022
it's not 2022 yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Role Of Churches In Solving Nigeria's Economic Challenges / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? / N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.