Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi (13559 Views)

I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide —amaechi / Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them / Worry As Nigeria’s External Reserves Head To $36bn, Now $37.4bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ademola47(m): 6:00am On Jan 01, 2022
I need $36bn to construct railway nationwide —Amaechi

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, says he needs just $36bn to connect the entire nation by rail.

Amaechi said this on NTA’s ‘Good Morning Nigeria’ programme which was monitored by The PUNCH on Friday.

The minister explained that railway is capital intensive and this has made it difficult for private firms to invest in the sector.

He said the reason the Nigerian government has been borrowing funds from overseas is because only the government is able to come up with the needed collateral to take such loans.

When asked why the Kaduna-Abuja railway had not been linked to Lokoja, Amaechi responded, “If we had money, I would want to be the minister that initiated and completed the linking of Nigeria. All I need is $36bn. With $36bn, all of them (will be linked).

“The project from Itakpe to Abuja is $3.09bn. If we have that, we will start it tomorrow morning.”

The former governor of Rivers State said the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), had done exceedingly well in the area of infrastructure but said he feared that the gains of the Buhari regime would be reversed if the Peoples Democratic Party takes over in 2023.

Amaechi said Buhari was a unique President for the fact that he did not cancel former President Goodluck Jonathan’s projects but decided to continue them for the benefit of Nigerians.

As of March 31, 2020, Nigeria had borrowed $3.12bn from China. The concessional loans are tied to several rail projects. The projects include the Nigerian Railway Modernisation Project (Idu-Kaduna section); Abuja Light Rail Project; Four Airport Terminals Expansion Project (Abuja, Kano, Lagos and Port Harcourt); Nigerian Railway Modernisation Project (Lagos-Ibadan section) and Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Abuja – Keffi- Makurdi Road Project.

The Punch

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 01, 2022
This gvt and money. tomorrow they will write a letter to the national assembly seeking for the loan. And come 2023 january,the site is still bush.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Pavore9: 6:08am On Jan 01, 2022
And he was more eager to start the one that terminates in Niger Republic.

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Terorislam: 6:13am On Jan 01, 2022
Another story

1 Like

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by blackpanda: 6:13am On Jan 01, 2022
And you will surely get it my darling grin

6 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by blackpanda: 6:14am On Jan 01, 2022
Pavore9:
And he was more eager to start the one that terminates in Niger Republic.

I believe he has done much more than that, and u know it!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by maiiilooo(m): 6:14am On Jan 01, 2022
Happy new year Nairalanders ..
Let's just hope for the best cause it's the best we can do right now grin

3 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by dollynnn(f): 6:18am On Jan 01, 2022
Na heavenly railway?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by HacheNoire: 6:33am On Jan 01, 2022
If past leaders had made hays while the sun was shining, it would never had been this bad.

Buhari had his faults, but if Nigeria moved at the present pace in last 20 years, it would never had been this bad

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by juniorstar(m): 6:41am On Jan 01, 2022
I have been looking for answers to this question. What is the real motive behind the rail to niger republic.how is it going to benefit Nigeria and Nigerians.?

26 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by ahuja12: 6:49am On Jan 01, 2022
To do what!

Build railway to china? undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by dedonfranco(m): 6:59am On Jan 01, 2022
FG Government has done very well in Railway system but we are looking at Niger project like only Railway project FG has done or out going project.

Amaechi is a Super minister. If PDP has done 40 percent of what Buhari did in Railway system. Our Transportation system willnt be like this.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by helinues: 7:06am On Jan 01, 2022
Borrow us from you personal money, we go pay you back with interest

10 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Amspecial: 7:09am On Jan 01, 2022
angry grin
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by ThatFairGuy1: 7:09am On Jan 01, 2022
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by ednut1(m): 7:10am On Jan 01, 2022
Determined to bankrupt the nation ba

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Advocate500: 7:10am On Jan 01, 2022
This criminal without conscience.

11 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:10am On Jan 01, 2022
HacheNoire:
If past leaders had made hays while the sun was shining, it would never had been this bad.

Buhari had his faults, but if Nigeria moved at the present pace in last 20 years, it would never had been this bad

You don't know what you are talking about. If we moved at the current pace?

41 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by God1000(m): 7:10am On Jan 01, 2022
People are hungry Mr minister

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Victorclean1: 7:11am On Jan 01, 2022
APC why recruiting/admitting criminals in your part? Amaechi Why?. Lie Mohammed also need billion to revive NTA. Why ?

8 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Pastorjohn2: 7:11am On Jan 01, 2022
Before wailers come out to wail
Do you know how much it cost to build standards rail lines in the current worlds economy?
May God bless buhari and his administration.
We can see God's favor and works in his hands

5 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by zealous2121(m): 7:12am On Jan 01, 2022
This one no get ambition to be president at all, na just to dey in the list of world richest man. NA THEIF HE BE..

7 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 01, 2022
All I need is $36bn . With $36bn, all of them (will be linked).

"All I need is $36bn"...when the Federal Government talks like a contractor then you know there is a problem. It's so much distanced from the taxpayers plight.

12 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by dreyboard(m): 7:13am On Jan 01, 2022
Una wan start again this year abi

3 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by weblord1900: 7:13am On Jan 01, 2022
cheesy
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by onlinetrader: 7:13am On Jan 01, 2022
juniorstar:
I have been looking for answers to this question. What is the real motive behind the rail to niger republic.how is it going to benefit Nigeria and Nigerians.?

It has economic benefits. Nigerians can now enjoy sugarcane freely without fears of being kidnapped

2 Likes

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by weblord1900: 7:13am On Jan 01, 2022
:-
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by weblord1900: 7:14am On Jan 01, 2022
kiss
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 7:14am On Jan 01, 2022
angry sad
Thief of Bagdad!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:14am On Jan 01, 2022
Amaechi may your d*ick never stand throughout this year, so I course you..... amiiiiiii ooo!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CPC's Statement On The Killing Of Uniport Students / NPDP Sets-up Committee To Receive Five New Governors / Osinbajo Condemns The Ozubulu, Anambra Church Massacre (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.