Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi (13591 Views)

I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide —amaechi / Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them / Worry As Nigeria’s External Reserves Head To $36bn, Now $37.4bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by nnamdi640: 7:31am On Jan 02, 2022
Perfectbeing:
You still didn't answer my question. How much do you think is enough to link all the 36 States by rail? $2 million? The question isn't whether they'll do it or not but how much you think it will cost? When you answer the question I will answer yours.
I don't have any ideal and am 100% sure that to embark on sure project one won't spend upto such amount stated by Ameachi because we all know that the so called FG have never been honest with money and the resources of this country, all they do is to look for means of looting. 36 billion dollars is not just a token when compared to naira. Again the LONGEST HIGH SPEED RAILWAY ( not the locomotive railway track Ameachi is talking about) in India cost less than 18 billion dollars and remember that India is three times bigger than Nigeria, now imagine how long the model railway will be when you bring the length down to Nigeria
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by rafcrown(m): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2022
YOU MUST BE PREPARING FOR A GOOD POLITCAL POST SO YOU NEED MONEY FOR THAT PURPOSE.GO AND BORROW LIKE YOUR BOSS.
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by sulaak(m): 2:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
Perfectbeing:
What about the money that went into road construction and power?

What Power?

Please list the investment in Power, last time I study the Electricity situation in Nigeria I notice that the Power capacity has increased in 7 years and delivery has fallen to 3,000 MW the lowest since 1999.

Regrading roads construction this is an article from November 2021

The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has said the country will require N1.3 trillion to fix its roads in 2022

He also said the federal government is owing certified contractors N420 billion for road construction.

Mr Fashola stated this when he appeared before the House of Representatives Committee on Works Wednesday to defend the allocation to the ministry in the 2022 budget.

The allocation to the ministry in the 2022 estimate is N450 billion out of which N282.6 billion is proposed for the execution of roads
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/493254-nigeria-needs-n1-3-trillion-to-fix-roads-fashola.html
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by sulaak(m): 3:03pm On Jan 02, 2022
NGpatriot:

1. There is no waste and there can never be any waste per money and estimate of the amount we need to connect every corner of Nigeria via rail system, It's either you did not read the article or you are just one of the can't read and comprehend people.

2. You are not a rail construction engineer and you have zero knowledge about rail construction, management or operation so you can not determine the cost of any rail system talk less coming up with your own price tag?

3. Do you know the cost of ordinary screw, talk less the cost of labor, manpower, tools, procurement, importation and installation of trains, coaches and hardware? You really know?

Of course, you don't know, you are just making ignorant noise with zero substance,

4. It cost $1.5 Billion to construct Lagos Ibadan railway with many beautiful stations, so how did you arrive at $3 Billion to cover the whole of Nigeria with rail, rail yards, stations, coaches and engines?

Do you not see how ignorant and lame you sound?

Olodo,
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by GreyLaw(m): 3:48pm On Jan 02, 2022
sulaak:

I don't care what home you come from, I just cannot tolerate the ignorance and docile behaviour of the average Nigerians, next you will say god will provide.

When you lower your standard to the point that you can tolerate corruption and waste of $35 billion for a $3 billion rail investment then you have insulted yourself and wasted my valuable time.

Please don't waste your energy. Amaechi is not getting any $36. Nigeria doesn't even need to be linked everywhere by rail. It is a waste. China tried it and incurred huge debts. And even then it is not worth it to them.

All Amaechi needs is to link all the 6 regions and leave the rest to interstate or intra regional travel. Asking for $36 is madness. Even he know nobody will give him such money.

I also read some people praising Buhari as the best infrastructure president since 1999. Some Nigerians are "gifted" with amnesia. In a few years people who didn't witness Buhari's democratic "regime" will think he was a saint that did well for Nigeria.

I usually try to stay away from nairalanf because each time I come here and read the politics section I see a lot of madness in the name of comments.

1 Like

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Perfectbeing(m): 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2022
nnamdi640:
I don't have any ideal and am 100% sure that to embark on sure project one won't spend upto such amount stated by Ameachi because we all know that the so called FG have never been honest with money and the resources of this country, all they do is to look for means of looting. 36 billion dollars is not just a token when compared to naira. Again the LONGEST HIGH SPEED RAILWAY ( not the locomotive railway track Ameachi is talking about) in India cost less than 18 billion dollars and remember that India is three times bigger than Nigeria, now imagine how long the model railway will be when you bring the length down to Nigeria
In 2008, Libya began a railway project, a standard gauge awarded to Russian Railways, for a cost of $2.8 billion for 554 km, or $5m per km.

Now far back in 2008 Libya spent almost $3 billion for just 554 km railway. How many km railway would connect the whole Nigeria States?
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by nnamdi640: 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2022
Perfectbeing:
In 2008, Libya began a railway project, a standard gauge awarded to Russian Railways, for a cost of $2.8 billion for 554 km, or $5m per km.

Now far back in 2008 Libya spent almost $3 billion for just 554 km railway. How many km railway would connect the whole Nigeria States?

That railway you mentioned above is not like the locomotive railway Ameachi is embarking on, moreover you talk as if you don't know the kind of politicians we have in this country.
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Perfectbeing(m): 11:20pm On Jan 02, 2022
nnamdi640:
That railway you mentioned above is not like the locomotive railway Ameachi is embarking on, moreover you talk as if you don't know the kind of politicians we have in this country.
you still don't understand that when we take loans from China, they don't give us the loan cash. What they do is they build the project themselves so no money is changing hands and as a result, there's no money to steal
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Verysmart101: 1:36am On Jan 03, 2022
HacheNoire:

Seems the LovePeddler you call a mother is in her period, cos I don’t know why you will bring your generational desist ration upon my humble self. Am I the reason for your poverty stricken life?

If you want to make a point, make it valid. Don’t bring me down to the level of the loser you call a father

While the street borehole mother of urs and the wayward father of urs that gave birth to a gutter smelling pig like u should be flogged and stoned to death for bringing into this world a useless sacrificial pig in the person of useless u.
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by HacheNoire: 2:49am On Jan 03, 2022
Verysmart101:

While the street borehole mother of urs and the wayward father of urs that gave birth to a gutter smelling pig like u should be flogged and stoned to death for bringing into this world a useless sacrificial pig in the person of useless u.

Hey ya! Poor boy!

Son of a loser

Can imagine the fumes coming out of your nostrils

Kinda starting to have a feeling you are my son. What’s the full name of your mother?

1 Like

Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Verysmart101: 3:06am On Jan 03, 2022
HacheNoire:

Hey ya! Poor boy!

Son of a loser

Can imagine the fumes coming out of your nostrils

Kinda starting to have a feeling you are my son. What’s the full name of your mother?

U son of a street borehole.you should be ashamed all the men in ur community have all slept with ur mother.Carry out a DNA on ur self to know who ur father is pls because ur father should be a nicompoot.Thats y u re useless and will continue to remain useless.Wasted life like urs
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by HacheNoire: 3:35am On Jan 03, 2022
Verysmart101:

U son of a street borehole.you should be ashamed all the men in ur community have all slept with ur mother.Carry out a DNA on ur self to know who ur father is pls because ur father should be a nicompoot.Thats y u re useless and will continue to remain useless.Wasted life like urs

It won’t still erase the fact that your father is a loser and you threading same path
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by HacheNoire: 3:38am On Jan 03, 2022
Verysmart101:

Son of a loser that joined Buccaneers that thought Buccaneer will uplift his life!

Bro! Your father was doomed, so shall you be doomed!

If you like, cross carpet to , you will still be doomed

Goats don’t birth lions. A loser births a loser
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by HacheNoire: 3:42am On Jan 03, 2022
Verysmart101:

I am sure you did cross-over night in church thinking your life will be better in 2022?

Bro, it doesn’t work that way. Those before you were losers and so shall you. Best you can get this year is death
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ovamboland(m): 6:28am On Jan 03, 2022
sulaak:

I don't care what home you come from, I just cannot tolerate the ignorance and docile behaviour of the average Nigerians, next you will say god will provide.

When you lower your standard to the point that you can tolerate corruption and waste of $35 billion for a $3 billion rail investment then you have insulted yourself and wasted my valuable time.

Standard gauge railway cost between $5-6m per kilometer, Nigeria needs between 7-9,000 kilometers of rail to connect the whole country do the maths
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Ovamboland(m): 6:43am On Jan 03, 2022
nnamdi640:

You just have a feeling or belief of looting you have no facts. What is the cost per kilometer if rail? What is the cost of steel per ton and how many tons make a kilometer? These are information that helps to have intelligent discussion not beer palour jist and conspiracy theory.
The $18b indian high speed rail you claim is how many thousand kilometers? And what is the name of this line so we can verify your claim

UK is building a high speed rail H2S London to Midlands of about 540km for £100bn pounds. This is not up to 1000km, note.
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by nnamdi640: 7:19am On Jan 03, 2022
Ovamboland:

You just have a feeling or belief of looting you have no facts. What is the cost per kilometer if rail? What is the cost of steel per ton and how many tons make a kilometer? These are information that helps to have intelligent discussion not beer palour jist and conspiracy theory.
The $18b indian high speed rail you claim is how many thousand kilometers? And what is the name of this line so we can verify your claim

UK is building a high speed rail H2S London to Midlands of about 540km for £100bn pounds. This is not up to 1000km, note.
Why will you compare a high speed rail way with that old and outdated garbage they are calling railway. Am telling you that there is a lot of conspiracy behind that railway project given to China. Do you think China will ever use good materials for the project known fully well that they are the one bring out the money. I still stand on my ground, that money is to much compare to the type of materials China will used for them. China are good in electronics but not in construction of roads and bridges,they are the least any sensible government will call to handle such project. In the next ten years those railways they did will not be fit for useage.
Re: I Need $36bn To Construct Railway Nationwide - Amaechi by Verysmart101: 7:47am On Jan 03, 2022
HacheNoire:

I am sure you did cross-over night in church thinking your life will be better in 2022?

Bro, it doesn’t work that way. Those before you were losers and so shall you. Best you can get this year is death

My friend didn't u see wat he sent to me b4 this whole shit started? It's only mine u saw baaaa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff: Textile Union Joins Strike / FG Signs Extradition Treaty With Italy / PDP Threatens To Sue Kano Government For Stopping Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.