Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,037 members, 7,828,633 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan - Romance (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan (81579 Views)

He Ran Away Because Of Valentine's Gift / My Girlfriend Ran Away / Man Tired Of His Sex Addict Girlfriend Ran Outside Naked, She Follows Him (video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by SocialJustice: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2022
pompeiimagnus:

As a salary earner who can lose his job anytime, there’s nothing wrong with financial planning with his intended wife. I am very happy he brought up this discussion right now before their marriage. Children’s school fees alone has gulped that 300k in one term if he really wants a nice school.
Yes, I love the plan too
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by ExcelDBM: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2022
[quote author=Sent87 post=109061812][/quote]

There's nothing like consequences against your acclaimed natural law. Get that into your hard skull
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by kelvinjames01: 7:37am On Jan 04, 2022
Truth is, you will look back on this day and thank your God. U just dodged a bullet. No matter how u approached her, who wan stay go stay. Men must learn how to cater for themselves before anyone else
bigpicture001:

Thanks man.. heard from her friend that sh said am too stingy,.

Honestly I didn't make her spend up to 50k from her wage.. 300k is not big and can be exhausted soon..

The weight will be too much if I form the normal Nigerian guy who likes to carry load on their head

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by freshalien: 7:37am On Jan 04, 2022
Calebility:
Chairman why not ask her to suggest her own way of supporting the family first.
That will help you to tell the kind of person you're dealing with.

Your money is her money, her money is hers and hers alone.

What kind of SIMPle mentality is this dear God? This is how a lot of men end up in debt, some even commit suicide when it becomes too much. Her money is her money and your money is her money. Are you alright in your head at all? Stop encouraging women’s selfishness and self-centeredness as they continue to play the weaker vessel and sometimes even the victim.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:38am On Jan 04, 2022
nuelyoyo:
@bigpicture001, the only thing you shouldn't have included in the list of her financial obligations towards the family is the 20k monthly for vacation. But if she had the mind of contributing to the family, she would have negotiated the list and complained of the ones sha ain't cool with.

For her to have gone cold and stylishly left the relationship shows she has the mentality that a man must shoulder all the responsibility. She and Uyi are in the same WhatsApp group.

Any man that cannot provide for his family 100% has no business getting married in the first place. This is why I love my Igbo men. They provide for their women without nagging. God bless the responsible Igbo men in the world. The rest can take several seats.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by BigBashiru: 7:39am On Jan 04, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
My mum and dad are very much together and my mum hawk. I mean hawk to support the family. Throughout her lifetime before marriage she never hawked. She couldn't afford her new family go hungry without contributing her quota.

No woman, i repeat no woman will watch her hubby does absolutely everything without lifting a finger. Earn her trust and see how things goes smoothly

Our forefathers aren't a dictatorship, Yet their wives contributed their quota immensely. Why? They earn their trust as responsible men.

Earn her trust ke? Woman na God?? Omo leave that thing....
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by gideonvalor98(m): 7:40am On Jan 04, 2022
bigpicture001:
My girlfriend whom I have planned to settle down with simply started acting cold and eventually stylishly slide out of our relationship because I sat her down and made a family financial support proposal to her in which she will be financially committed to running the proposed family we intend to raise...

These are the proposal...

1. She earns about 80k wile I earn about 300k.. I asked that we jointly contribute for all the children's Career funding starting from when we get married even before any of their birth.. I proposed 10k monthly from her and 40k from me to a trust account. From it we plan to fund all the children's Career from kiddagatten to varsity or which ever path they choose..

2. That sh choose between Nepa bill or DStv or gotv sub monthly..just one for her

3. I will be responsible for rents

4. We pay into another joint account for vacation once in two years..like sh puts in 20k I put in 50k monthly..

5. I provide all the heavy food stuffs required in the house in large quantities including gas ND change of electronics, but sh provide all the daily food supplements to mk mine complete.

6. She buys her clothes ND I buy mine but we can both surprise ourselfs with gift to the other..

7. I will buy the family car ND maintain it. If she buys no p.

8. I didn't rule out surprise gifts once a while and outting which I bankroll ND expect her to do same occasionally..

Plz oo nairalanders are these responsibilities to a wife too much for her, I mean one who works and earn over 50k...?

This issue get as he be really. Both have a share of blame though.
First like others have rightly said, you should have seek her opinion first on how she intend supporting the family.
Secondly, her earning/income is low compared to yours...and don't forget that inflation is biting hard. You come across to be A MAN OF TASTE wanting good things of life...but bro take 'am easy cos your own earnings not fit fund this kind of lifestyle. You have good plan for your family... But I will suggest you imbibe the economist term SCALE OF PREFERENCE. I am optimistic you guys can grow your income through better jobs, business etc...then you can now factor in other BIG plans like vacation etc.
The most important thing is for you guys to understand each other and be clear with your plans(God owns all anyways) and be committed to it.
So OP if that lady is a good wife material, tick most boxes and you're sure of it, go call her back and reason together as an intending partner and couple. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by freshalien: 7:41am On Jan 04, 2022
dingbang:
I have an issue with number 4.

Her salary cannot support her minusing 20kmonthly from 80k for vacation .. The vacation is not that important.

She has a valid reason for opting out. Find another woman who earns higher so you dont kill yourself.

The woman is simply stingy and has that useless mentality of her money is her money and her man’s money is her’s as well that most Nigerian women have. if she isn’t stingy, she would have discussed the issue further with him and made him see reasons why her monthly earnings cannot support all that at least to reduce her monthly contribution for vacation. You guys should stop encouraging the ingrained self-centeredness and selfishness of women.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 04, 2022
myfantasies:
Me that can't even lend my own self money grin

What is the meaning of this?
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by BigBashiru: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Any man that cannot provide for his family 100% has no business getting married in the first place. This is why I love my Igbo men. They provide for their women without nagging. God bless the responsible Igbo men in the world. The rest can take several seats.

For ur information, the marriage contract has been rewritten.

1. Abroad its virtually impossible for a man to provide 100%.

2. Men now realize trying to provide everything decreases their lifespan.

3. Women started going to university..why do they go to university where they hv numerous boyfriends and at nysc if they still expect a husband to shoulder 100%. If a woman attends university and obtains a degree she should be able to provide for her own needs in a marriage.... and if she has had numerous boyfriends, then she also has to contribute her quota in the marriage or else she should go and ask all her boyfriends to provide for her!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by freshalien: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2022
Mariangeles:

Let's just agree that you're not yet ready to marry.

According to you. He did very well is outlining those things. Stop supporting that stupid Nigerian women’s mentality of her money is her and her man’s is her’s as well.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by BigBashiru: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2022
arewaseye:

The truth of the matter is no woman would want to hear this kind of thing. You are not yet married you have started dividing bills. It sends a wrong signal to the woman. It is a man's responsibility to provide for his family. You don't need to spell it out, a good wife knows she must support her husband.

Oga don't let anyone deceive you here ooo. No woman would agree with this thing you are carrying upandan.

And its the woman's responsibility to sit around and watch TV.... childcare can be shared...

The marriage contract has been rewritten...
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Jaculze(m): 7:49am On Jan 04, 2022
bigpicture001:
My girlfriend whom I have planned to settle down with simply started acting cold and eventually stylishly slide out of our relationship because I sat her down and made a family financial support proposal to her in which she will be financially committed to running the proposed family we intend to raise...

1. She earns about 80k wile I earn about 300k.. I asked that we jointly contribute for all the children's Career funding starting from when we get married even before any of their birth.. I proposed 10k monthly from her and 40k from me to a trust account. From it we plan to fund all the children's Career from kiddagatten to varsity or which ever path they choose..

2. That sh choose between Nepa bill or DStv or gotv sub monthly..just one for her

4. We pay into another joint account for vacation once in two years..like sh puts in 20k I put in 50k monthly..

5. I provide all the heavy food stuffs required in the house in large quantities including gas ND change of electronics, but sh provide all the daily food supplements to mk mine complete.

6. She buys her clothes ND I buy mine but we can both surprise ourselfs with gift to the other..

8. I didn't rule out surprise gifts once a while and outting which I bankroll ND expect her to do same occasionally..

Plz oo nairalanders are these responsibilities to a wife too much for her, I mean one who works and earn over 50k...?

no na baba, you didn't make a sensitive plan here based off on her monthly income. You see think about it. She earns 80k and 30k is already being dedicated by your proposed budget, she will do other stuffs inside, how m7ch will be left to transport to work, buy lunch at work( if she doesn't go out with food), send her parents/siblings, buy biscuit for the children and possibly save? Think about it man. Call her back and ask her what she can afford to drop considering her monthly pay.

Nawa sha
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by freshalien: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2022
Mariangeles:
On top 80k salary, you want make she dey drop 10k every month for trust account, 20k for joint account, provide "food supplement", make she still choose between NEPA bill, DSTV, or GOTV subscription...on top wetin? undecided
Oga, how much wan remain to take buy clothes, cosmetics and toiletries for herself na (cos e sure me dai say you no fit buy those things for her), not to talk of find her parents something? Unto say she marry you?

Abeg! Carry your wahala go front!

Yes abeg make OP carry im wahala go front go find woman wey no dey stingy, wey no get that mentality of “her money is her money and her man’s money is her money as well”. She no even try negotiate the thing, just disappear like that. That is a sign of stinginess, selfishness and self-centeredness. So, I think the OP should be thankful that God saved him from the problem of a lifetime he was about to put himself in.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by BigBashiru: 7:52am On Jan 04, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
You are the man, soon to be head of family. You sounding like a dictatorship

You should be responsible for your family upkeep man. You are even demanding her to chose nepa bill or Dstv/govt Haba! You used your hand to chase that girl trust me

No woman working, earning something that won't contribute to her family. I mean no woman. Women contribute their quota in marriage guy

Would you share the house chores with her? She carry pregnancy for months, risk her life birthing a child and nurture the child with sleepless night

You are a man guy and it is expected of you to be responsible for your family. I wouldn't be surprised if you give her some part to pay for her marital rite to her parents/family

Women are help mate guy. You need to earn her trust by being responsible for your family wellbeing. She'd naturally come in trust me.

Go out man and see women hustling, hawking left, right and centre. All these are for the family trust me. You need to earn her trust not being a dictatorship

Men who had women contributing in the upkeep of the family didn't dictate for them. Those men earned their trust by showing how responsible they are as a man. Guy, action speak louder than voice.

I will advise you to work more on yourself, earn more income and forget marriage for now. Going about looking for ladies to dictate what and what not to do with her finances is totally wrong man

Better don't listen to all those small small nairaland boys who barely had 3 square meal daily. They know nothing, i mean absolutely nothing

Some of them were even saying they can never tell their wife how much they earn. They are all fake person who tell lies to get those cheap girls within their neighbourhood and they will take that same lies and deceit into marriage. Na those kind people you wan dey listen to?

I'm also a small boy no doubt, but full of sense and wisdom. I learnt to be a responsible man from my father. He never dictate to my mum to do this and that. And my mum does contribute her quota naturally without being compelled or put under duress. My dad earned her trust by showing how responsible he is

U don't understand female nature @ all....
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by marcopollo(m): 7:52am On Jan 04, 2022
She should have at least tried to negotiate things with you or did she? If she didn't, it means she must see men as a burden bearer like many Nigerian ladies.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Jaculze(m): 7:53am On Jan 04, 2022
Animegirl:
shocked

You don't even know "woman's need", that's why you did that rubbish list. That 80k, isn't enough as a lady talkless of family. Unless you want her to look like an hag, in her husband's house.

Worst, you haven't even settled down yet, you're placing small responsibilities on her head. Be calming down na.

If you want something like this, better find another woman who is willing to contribute to the family with higher earnings.
madam shut up jor. Make a reasonable take not this one be clouded by emotions and lack of reason.

If you said his budget is insensitive as regards the responsibility he is making her take considering her salary and he should cut down in hers, then you would have made sense. So cos she doesn't earn much she should not contribute at all but will want to have equal right in the house? Where these girls dey come from nowadays?? Nawa o
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Revolva(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

This is not a good statement ......what is marriage in the first place....wife also can contribute to family....its just that majority of our young woman is over dependant on men and its very bad in this hard economy.....

any lady that does not have anything to offer in marriage should not think of marrying let her go and be selling her kitten about.....codedly. cos no sane man will see her as a marriageable woman
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Bonjovi13: 7:55am On Jan 04, 2022
LesbianBoy:

See your mentality. No wonder ladies of today think we guys are daft and behave as they like because they know guys would take anything from them

The funny thing about guys like you with your mentality is that, una go dey form "modern day man" dey follow the woman do that equality nonsense upon say na you dey spend all the money. If na me dey spend almost all the money, she should not expect equality or respect. Nonsense! angry

Na mental poverty dey worry you. It's worse than actual physical poverty.
What I said is a principle of life. Lemme tell you why.
Anytime you condition your mind to accept the easy way out of situations by relying or leaning on someone,you shortchange your self.
There is something powerful in a mind that is self reliant. A mind that is solution driven. A mind that is always at work finding ways to better the life of it's owner. That's the hustling spirit. That man would always be thinking and acting out his thoughts. See money is attracted to a thinking and acting mind. Lots of people are struggling financially because they take the easy way out. They succumb to fear and doubt. "The big what if I fail'? But men who realize that it's up to them,they think,strategize,plan and take action to make money. Believe me when you have money the last thing you want to be thinking of is how much your wife is bringing bla bla bla. You will be thinking of buying her stocks, businesses, and other fine things of life.
Expand your thinking guys.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by elonmuskbaby: 7:56am On Jan 04, 2022
jditimiya:

Bros you no lie, the issues in our days marriages is that most girls just want to come and rest in a mans sweat and forget herself in the house, look at many successful homes both the man and woman is contributing to make the house a home for them. Some girls are born with a mentality that only their father will feed them that is their husband to do the same.
yet they want gender equality.i laugh in Spanish grin
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by marcopollo(m): 7:58am On Jan 04, 2022
dingbang:
yes i understand marriage without vacay will be boring but you also need to understand her salary cannot afford that 20k deduction monthly. I suggest you tune it down a bit , say 5k .. You know women's daily needs are expensive..

Hair is expensive to make

Sanitary pads and make up

True,but all these things should be negotiable now. She just left just like that. Shows she's not ready for any financial commitment in marriage.

Women clothings such as lots of bra, pants, high heels.

Perfumes etc.

So her salary will not accomodate that 20k deduction..you sef try understand.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by ehissi(m): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2022
bigpicture001:

The first word I noticed in this list was the word, "financial support proposal". The second word I noted, was "responsibilities". The third word I noted was "contribute"!

3 things a newly wed wife does not want to hear in Nigeria!

We live in a Nigeria, where love is expressed in relationships through giving, financial giving!!

Where the culturally accepted norm is that a man ought to provide for his family and shoulder all the family responsibility especially where he can afford to do so,
a woman's own is to support once in a "red" moon (if you know how scarce it is to get a red moon in nigeria, the meaning of that word will set in).......

She probably said in her heart, "me that earn #80k, you that earn #300k, you still want to collect from inside my small salary, he is a very stingy bastard..........."

As far as she is concerned, your salary is more than enough to cover all the expenses you penned down, but your eye is still on her salary, what a stingy man..........

A world where a woman's Job is to bask and shine in the midst of the husband's provision...........

Her exit is proof that she is not ready to build a future with you, period!

You should be thankful that she left, if na some women, she will accept, do it till you get married, then change the order and insist that you must carry it all, turn it to quarrel......

If she enters a family meeting and screams that you don't want to spend your money, that she earns only #80k but you place bills of #70k from her salary and still leave her to buy her own clothes, skin care products, sanitary towels, jewelries, with no space to save or send money to her parents or family members you will be accused instantly of bullying, wickedness and maltreating her, after all you earn #300k, that's almost #4million a year......

Before she met you, she was eating 3 times a day now she cannot eat because she has no salary to eat from, nobody will listen to you, they will believe her instantly.

By then she is your wife and people will believe she has no reason to lie nor put your future in a precarious situation!!

What she failed (or feared) to realise is that it is wise to plan and nothing can stop a man or family with a plan in this type of Nigeria that we are living in, also a wise woman can easily enter or change a man's budget by the right approach, especially when children start coming......

Come to think of it, why didn't she negotiate!? How much is gotv, their highest subscription plan is #4,500. They have plans of #1,300 and #1,500 monthly.......

#10,000 (kids) + #20,000(family vac) +gotv bill (#1,300) = #31,300

#80,000 - #31,300 = #48,700..........

Is this what she ran away from? So if the price of building a good future is #31,300 she no want? How much does feeding herself and transport in a month cost? E no pass the #31,300 a month...........

She no get sense, you meet a man who wants to plan a future with you, a man trying to exercise financial discipline, you say E stingy! Stingy kill you there.......

Of which, if I was her, or was to advise her I will simply negotiate family vac to 10k or 12k so that she will be left with #58,700 or #56,700 then ensure via feminine diplomacy that family car from My husband at least drops me at the office everyday (find my way back myself). E never finish!?

Make she go find yahoo boys or azzaman whey go carry everything for E head naaah!!

Olodo ten kobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by myfantasies(f): 7:59am On Jan 04, 2022
HellVictorinho3:

What is the meaning of this?
It means I am broke , sapa don start for January grin

Work don resume ,make I go hustle for my small monthly pay
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by aktolly54(m): 8:00am On Jan 04, 2022
Olatara:
No! She won't,
please use responsibility kill your own fiance , in fact marry for money. FFK ex-wife is people like you, you always think all gilter is gold, thats why people don't pity FFK ex-wife. Wish you the best
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by fkgyapong: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2022
Even if she accepted, she would have cheated on you, 3 days after marriage. ���
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Lordedifice1: 8:01am On Jan 04, 2022
You scared her away
You never marry her you don budget wetin she go give
When dy say marriage is not a childs play what were you thinking?
As a man provide everything
When it's time she'll also add hers
But your first impression scared the living day light out of her

You don't even have a problem
Just go sip alcohol
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by fotadmowmend(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2022
pompeiimagnus:

And how many men can afford that lifestyle in Nigeria today? Una go just dey talk anyhow. 300k won’t even pay tuition for 3 children going to very good private schools in PH today.
That is just the raw truth. Independent ladies are scare. However, independent ladies usually comes from a single mother background where she never experienced that kind of husband-dependence lifestyle.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by lifenija: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2022
AmericanDad:

Untop 80k??kai poverty has ruined ur life
mumu see ur life, no b person dey earn 30k nah magic dem dey do.

b fooling ur self there
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 04, 2022
myfantasies:
It means I am broke , sapa don start for January grin

Work don resume ,make I go hustle for my small monthly pay

Teaching, right?

It seems we're in a similar situation.
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by myfantasies(f): 8:06am On Jan 04, 2022
HellVictorinho3:

Teaching, right?

It seems we're in a similar situation.
Not teaching
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by NigeriaIsGreat: 8:07am On Jan 04, 2022
BigBashiru:

U don't understand female nature @ all....
Our fathers and forefathers don't understand their nature too abi?
Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 04, 2022
myfantasies:
Not teaching

What exactly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (43) (Reply)

Mr. Nairaland - December 2014 Contest [PRE-ELIMINATION ROUND 2] / UI Painter Impregnates Two Students, One Aborted - #uipainter / Man Cuts His Joystick After Porn Video Got Him Too Excited In Bangkok, Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.