Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,646 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan (81338 Views)

He Ran Away Because Of Valentine's Gift / My Girlfriend Ran Away / Man Tired Of His Sex Addict Girlfriend Ran Outside Naked, She Follows Him (video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by bigpicture001: 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2022
My girlfriend whom I have planned to settle down with simply started acting cold and eventually stylishly slide out of our relationship because I sat her down and made a family financial support proposal to her in which she will be financially committed to running the proposed family we intend to raise...

These are the proposal...

1. She earns about 80k wile I earn about 300k.. I asked that we jointly contribute for all the children's Career funding starting from when we get married even before any of their birth.. I proposed 10k monthly from her and 40k from me to a trust account. From it we plan to fund all the children's Career from kiddagatten to varsity or which ever path they choose..

2. That sh choose between Nepa bill or DStv or gotv sub monthly..just one for her

3. I will be responsible for rents

4. We pay into another joint account for vacation once in two years..like sh puts in 20k I put in 50k monthly..

5. I provide all the heavy food stuffs required in the house in large quantities including gas ND change of electronics, but sh provide all the daily food supplements to mk mine complete.

6. She buys her clothes ND I buy mine but we can both surprise ourselfs with gift to the other..

7. I will buy the family car ND maintain it. If she buys no p.

8. I didn't rule out surprise gifts once a while and outting which I bankroll ND expect her to do same occasionally..

Plz oo nairalanders are these responsibilities to a wife too much for her, I mean one who works and earn over 50k...?

645 Likes 53 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Mariangeles(f): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2022
On top 80k salary, you want make she dey drop 10k every month for trust account, 20k for joint account, provide "food supplement", make she still choose between NEPA bill, DSTV, or GOTV subscription...Ahn ahn!? on top wetin? undecided
Oga, how much wan remain to take buy clothes, cosmetics and toiletries for herself na (cos e sure me dai say you no fit buy those things for her), not to talk of find her parents something? Unto say she marry you?

Abeg! Carry your wahala go front!

1249 Likes 109 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Bobloco: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2022
This is something the elders in marriage need to comment on

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Ammishaddai: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2022
Bros, God just saved you from the greatest mistake you would have made in this life. In fact, you should go to the altar and roll yourself like 7 times for letting her leave you in peace . And my advice for you is that you still stick to this plan with the next girlfriend you have . Anyone that does not want it should go and find the nearest Simpson or ATM machine that can dispense cash and carry all the burdens of their financial problems at once

791 Likes 52 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Abfinest007(m): 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
You should have asked her in what way , will she support you ,not you dividing it .you can even make a list of all the expenses then let her chose

311 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Biggie2000(m): 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2022
They are always looking for who will carry all the responsibilities in the house. They don't care how you carry it, or how heavy the responsibilities are; all they care about is that the man must carry all the responsibilities in the house and must not complain. Op, you seem like someone that has lots of responsibilities to handle, even if you're single, 300k cannot carry all your responsibilities. Now, you say you want to marry, and the girl you want to marry is running away from certain financial responsibilities, don't you know that's overkill?? I pray you don't die before your time o. Either you remain single for now, while hustling to make more money or you just find another girl that is ready to make better financial plans with you and does not run from certain financial responsibilities. Most married men are in debt right now, simply because they're trying to please their wife. Several married men have committed suicide because of debt. I'm even surprised you truthfully told your girlfriend the amount you earn, are you sure she earns 80k or it's just the amount she told you?
busaribo:
Really , are you sure some married men are committing suicide because of pleasing their wives.
If you're a frequent reader on this forum and other news outlets, you would have seen SEVERAL news of men that committed suicide due to being in debt, and their inability to provide for the unending needs of the wife. It's hard to hear of a single guy that committed suicide. Are you not aware that some men borrow money just to fund the kind of weddings that will please their wives? Most men of nowadays enter marriage with lots of debts hanging on their necks.

415 Likes 28 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Oluromantic: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2022
If you're saying the truth, it's a good plan. But the plan might not be what annoyed her. It might be your approach or disapproval of her own view on the matter.

Nonetheless, running away is a worse reaction to such a situation. It seems it's one of these civilization/feminism-infected girls that you are dating like many on this nairaland forum and that's the origin of the problems

A wife material is willing to submit her decisions while you make the decision on how the incomes are spent (putting her in consideration). All these yamayama modern girls sef. Nawar

180 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by bigpicture001: 4:57pm On Jan 03, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Bros, God just saved you from the greatest mistake you would have made in this life. In fact, you should go to the altar and roll yourself like 7 times for letting her leave you in peace . And my advice for you is that you still stick to this plan with the next girlfriend you have . Anyone that does not want it should go and find the nearest Simpson or ATM machine that can dispense cash and carry all the burdens of their financial problems at once

Thanks man.. heard from her friend that sh said am too stingy,.

Honestly I didn't make her spend up to 50k from her wage.. 300k is not big and can be exhausted soon..

The weight will be too much if I form the normal Nigerian guy who likes to carry load on their head

512 Likes 24 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by aycapri(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
Hmm, it sounds like just a mere article to me but this is very real.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Animegirl(f): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
shocked

You don't even know "woman's need", that's why you did that rubbish list. That 80k, isn't enough as a lady talkless of family. Unless you want her to look like an hag, in her husband's house.

Worst, you haven't even settled down yet, you're placing small responsibilities on her head. Be calming down na.

If you want something like this, better find another woman who is willing to contribute to the family with higher earnings.

162 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2022
Chairman why not ask her to suggest her own way of supporting the family first.
That will help you to tell the kind of person you're dealing with.

Your money is her money, her money is hers and hers alone.

Modified
Why was my comment misunderstood

Your money is her money, her money is hers and hers alone.
This is actually the mentality of some Nigerian women.

O.p if you had a discerning spirit, you should know what you want for yourself
Not disturb us with stories of a stingy woman you intend marrying.

Make all of una getat!

191 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by blaquebelle: 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2022
If she really loved you in the first place this shouldn't be an issue atall

90 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by lifenija: 5:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
bigpicture001:
.my girlfriend whom I have planned to settle down with simply started acting cold and eventually stylishly slide out of our relationship because I sat her down and made a family financial support proposal to her in which she will be financially committed to running the proposed family we intend to raise...

These are the proposal...

1. She earns about 80k wile I earn about 300k.. I asked that we jointly contribute for all the children's Career funding starting from when we get married even before any of their birth.. I proposed 10k monthly from her and 40k from me to a trust account. From it we plan to fund all the children's Career from kiddagatten to varsity or which ever path they choose..

2. That sh choose between Nepa bill or DStv or gotv sub monthly..just one for her

3. I will be responsible for rents

4. We pay into another joint account for vacation once in two years..like sh puts in 20k I put in 50k monthly..

5. I provide all the heavy food stuffs required in the house in large quantities including gas ND change of electronics, but sh provide all the daily food supplements to mk mine complete.

6. She buys her clothes ND I buy mine but we can both surprise ourselfs with gift to the other..

7. I will buy the family car ND maintain it. If she buys no p.

8. I didn't rule out surprise gifts once a while and outting which I bankroll ND expect her to do same occasionally..

Plz oo nairalanders are these responsibilities to a wife too much for her, I mean one who works and earn over 50k...?

she is selfish period. dust hand comot.

160 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by bigpicture001: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
On top 80k salary, you want make she dey drop 10k every month for trust account, 20k for joint account, provide "food supplement", make she still choose between NEPA bill, DSTV, or GOTV subscription...Oga, how much wan remain to take buy clothes for herself na, not to talk of find her parents something? On top say she marry you?

Do u know I removed health insurance cover which only me will open an account for and it will cover every member of the household including herself .?

300k is not a big money

240 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by aimmoney9: 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2022
A woman's money in marriage is her's....

So also is that of her husband...... grin

This is the Nigerian woman mentality that has made men now start looking for only working class ladies to settle down with coz no one needs a liability..... grin

They need to drastically change this mindset because from the looks of things fewer men are getting married in Nigeria now and the situation will worsen in the future..... grin

If you are ready to marry as a woman you must be ready to contribute financially to it, that's what building a home entails.... grin grin

260 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by dingbang(m): 5:04pm On Jan 03, 2022
I have an issue with number 4.

Her salary cannot support her minusing 20kmonthly from 80k for vacation .. The vacation is not that important.

She has a valid reason for opting out. Find another woman who earns higher so you dont kill yourself.

326 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Savedday: 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
9ja girls are out to add more burden to your life instead of softening it.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Mariangeles(f): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2022
bigpicture001:

Do u know I removed health insurance cover which only me will open an account for and it will cover every member of the household including herself .?

300k is not a big money

Let's just agree that you're not yet ready to marry.

188 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Biggie2000(m): 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2022
Op, let her go jare. Go and find another woman that earns higher and is not tight-fisted. The moment you put her in your house, just know you're reducing your lifespan. You already said she's going about telling her friends you are stingy, just imagine what she will do/say, when you eventually put her in your house. Your girl should always be an asset to you, not a liability. A girl friend that is a liability, can never become a wife that is an asset.
I'm baffled that at this day in age, some girls still can't buy common recharge card or even make their own hair, without asking a man for money. Tufiakwa
post=109058685:

What Is 300k In nigeria economy now? Spend More Than That In a Space Of One Week.

My Brother, Go And Thank God For saving you from that Lady
AKA the voice of the gods have spoken! He who fails to listen to the voice of the gods will definitely suffer for it. He shall run mad in the evil forest and the vultures shall feed on his carcass.

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by dingbang(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

Let's just agree that you're not yet ready to marry.
no actually he is. People have choices. He can find another woman earning higher than the girl and they decide to get married. He needs to look for a woman earning higher. The equation will balance.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Biggie2000(m): 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:
On top 80k salary, you want make she dey drop 10k every month for trust account, 20k for joint account, provide "food supplement", make she still choose between NEPA bill, DSTV, or GOTV subscription...on top wetin? undecided
Oga, how much wan remain to take buy clothes and cosmetics for herself na, not to talk of find her parents something? Unto say she marry you?

So you didn't see the part where he said he will be contributing 40K, buy food stuff, change electronics, pay rent, contribute 50K for vacation, pay for health insurance, buy and also maintain the family car? U nor see am abi? Someone earning just 300K has promised to handle all these heavy responsibilities, still yet ndi females are still not happy. God abeg o. Ordinary money to buy fuel for the generator and car in a month will cost more than 50K, where do you now expect him to see money for the rest responsibilities? Make e go thief abi?
ImaIma1:
This op is a joke. This is something both of you should come up with together. You can't just create a plan and expect her to follow it. What kind of marriage will you have? You making the decisions first and telling her later?
Even if he made the plans without her, why didn't she negotiate or tell him to give her sometime to review the proposal? Why did she run?
The fact she didn't even try to Negotiate, shows she's not serious. She no negotiate, she just japa straight
*Modify*
Some of you are saying the OP will have issues getting another woman, are you aware that some females are actually shooting their shots at OP in the comment section? You shouldn't be surprised that some will still PM him.
Ladycewhy:
I meant the misogynistic nitwits asking what a wife brings to the table.
OK, although I don't support misogyny and misandry, but permit me to ask this question:
let's say I'm able to pay for a surrogate to birth my child, I pay for someone to cook, I pay for someone to clean the house, I can pay for sex with any girl; what then will I need a wife for? What extraordinary thing will she bring to the table?
NB: I'm not asking this question in a quarrelsome manner, but simply to have a logical conversation.
Also, keep in mind that you're talking to a single father of 2 little girls, who is single handedly raising them.
Biggie2000:

So, you agree that wifely duties can be bought with money? Yes or No? Please, no long talks, it's just a yes or no question.
Ladycewhy:
yes.
End of Discussion!!!
*drops mic*

322 Likes 26 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by dingbang(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2022
bigpicture001:

Thanks man.. heard from her friend that sh said am too stingy,.

Honestly I didn't make her spend up to 50k from her wage.. 300k is not big and can be exhausted soon..

The weight will be too much if I form the normal Nigerian guy who likes to carry load on their head
you are definitely right. 300k looks like big money but when bills start piling up, it will finish even before a month.

And where problem will start is when you collect personal loan against salary.

Bros you need to look for a woman earning higher, that is your best bet. You dont need to be chasing the wrong things this year else you will enter into debt even with your 300k.

Your cap should be a lady with salary of 150k least upwards.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by bigpicture001: 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2022
dingbang:
I have an issue with number 4.

Her salary cannot support her minusing 20kmonthly from 80k for vacation .. The vacation is not that important.

She has a valid reason for opting out. Find another woman who earns higher so you dont kill yourself.

Well, u might be saying the truth with this number 4, but I made her understand that marriage without traveling vacations will mk it very boring.. ND wen I say travel I mean within Nigeria resorts or very good African countries like Egypt, south Africa, Kenya Namibia etc.. if income increases we start trying over seas...

I huzle, she works with the FG ..

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 03, 2022
98% of Nigerian women are looking for a Messiah that will carry all their load without them having to do anything. Op the type of lady you are looking for to marry in Nigeria. There are only 464 of them. 350 are already married and have been married for long, 60 have travelled abroad and most have been taken by reasonable men there and the remaining 54 are here in Nigeria scattered across the Country i.e at least 1 or 2 per state.

Now Op the probability of you meeting the type of woman that will want to be a partner and sacrifice in the marriage is the same as the probability of winning the USA Powerball lottery which is very unlikely.

You can decide to be single and unmarried nobody will kill you and preserve your peace of mind. Just look at the first entitled leach that commented above. That is how most of them are. Leave her by the time she start to old she'll come back they always have this useless overconfidence that they are too fine and another better guy is coming for them until reality dawns on their frail brains

203 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by dingbang(m): 5:16pm On Jan 03, 2022
bigpicture001:

Well, u might be saying the truth with this number 4, but I made her understand that marriage without traveling vacations will mk it very boring.. ND wen I say travel I mean within Nigeria resorts or very good African countries like Egypt, south Africa, Kenya Namibia etc.. if income increases we start trying over seas...

I huzle, she works with the FG ..
yes i understand marriage without vacay will be boring but you also need to understand her salary cannot afford that 20k deduction monthly. I suggest you tune it down a bit , say 5k .. You know women's daily needs are expensive..

Hair is expensive to make

Sanitary pads and make up

Women clothings such as lots of bra, pants, high heels.

Perfumes etc.

So her salary will not accomodate that 20k deduction..you sef try understand.

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Mariangeles(f): 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2022
Biggie2000:

So you didn't see the part where he said he will be contributing 40K, pay rent, contribute 50K for vacation, pay for health insurance, buy and also maintain the family car? U nor see am abi?

So, you didn't read where he typed that the lady's salary is just 80k?

The slap is for that rubbish meme!

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Nyascobar1414: 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
Op may your days be long and friutful..

Na just because of marriage you want to turn to a donkey(beast of burden).. Guy you came to this life alone, and alone you will japa..

Divide every stuff... If she really loves you, she will accept the financial agreement, but cos she doesnt love you, she left.. She loves your money instead...
Abi na kpekus wey no go tire you...
All the simps men will think emotionally, saying shes a woman and all that shii.. Abi na shit she no dey poo? Abeg make she go sleep jareh.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Biggie2000(m): 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
Mariangeles:

So, you didn't read where he typed that the lady's salary is just 80k?

The slap is for that rubbish me!
So, you didn't read the part where the OP said he is earning 300K abi? Is it his fault she's earning 80k? You want a man that is earning 300K to drop 50k for vacation, pay rent, 40K for contribution per month, pay rent, pay for health insurance, buy and also maintain the family car? Kilode?!!! Do you want to kill him? It's still the same man that will fuel the car, fuel the generator, buy cooking gas, pay to repair things in the house, she will still ask the same man for money to make hair, money for data, money to send to her family members, money for transport, etc So, where do you expect the man to see money to take care of himself?. Abi, you feel that men enjoying looking haggard? You think he will not like to spend on himself? Most of you females always make plans for yourselves only; you don't care about your boyfriend. You don't care if your boyfriend is looking tattered, as long as you females are looking fine. Most of you females are just entitled and stingy people. Any woman that doesn't earn enough money to handle atleast 30% of the family responsibilities, should kindly get the fvck out. Please, don't allow the door hit you on your way out.

244 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by bigpicture001: 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2022
dingbang:
yes i understand marriage without vacay will be boring but you also need to understand her salary cannot afford that 20k deduction monthly. I suggest you tune it down a bit , say 5k .. You know women's daily needs are expensive..

Hair is expensive to make

Sanitary pads and make up

Girls clothings

Perfumes etc.

So her salary will not accomodate that 20k deduction..you sef try understand

Tanks for the advice...

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by dingbang(m): 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
bigpicture001:

Tanks for the advice...
you are welcome bro. See just find woman wey her salary start from 150k. It will ease up things for you a bit. Trust me .

We have a lot of coded female doctors who are single and they are always busy. No time for dating. That is a good source for you to catch.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by posty56: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
lol 99 percent of Nigeria women will run when it comes to financial responsibility, but if na to shout equality up and down them go do am , OP you try any woman wey no agree with your plan move on to the next, remember no be only Nigeria women dey, you fit try Ghana our neighbors, or you join #teamwhite like us.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Ran Away Because Of My Proposed Family Financial Plan by Kiddogarcia(m): 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2022
Hmmm this relationship thing got scary the day I created a nairaland account,na me be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Flare Up When Asked These Two Questions? / How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? / Its Impossible For A Guy To Have Beards And Still Remain Ugly ( See Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.