Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip (36794 Views)

Premium Times: Photocopy of original Certificate that Tinubu Submitted To INEC / My Friend Is Still Asked To Verify His NIN Even After Getting A Virtual ID Card / Buhari Receives His NIN Identity Card (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by seborrhic: 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
So what in God's name does someone else want to do with your sister's riginal NIN printout?
Withdraw money with it,procure visa with it or use it for ritual purposes?
Nigerians with their conspiracies mentality.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by manuelcc(m): 12:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
It was printed in black and white

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by TicketGreen: 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
Let him dial 346 to confirm the authenticity or log on to nimc the website
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Mrkumareze(m): 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
Torquena:
Your friend is worried about a series of useless digits? Photocopy or not. It's the number that's the important thing there.

You got the number n a photocopy, someone else got the original copy and number shocked
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by hedonido: 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
Nairaland must be full of very dedicated and concerned friends. Everything happens to people's friends, and friends are always keen to carry their friends matters on the nairaland heads here.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by judondasylva(m): 12:17pm On Jan 05, 2022
I registered since 2012 yet to collect the original one. This country I don't really understand again

Buy YouTube views, subscribers, likes and comments. Blog comments, likes, views and clicks. Instagram followers, likes, comments, engagement. Facebook ads management and others just send a dm
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Samson3600(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please download nin app register with details on your card, using same phone number you used. Then print out original copy in coloured.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by fredie107(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
That's what many were given na. Photocopy
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by cmecproblem(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
In my case they gave options- hard plastic-10k, coloured copy- 6k, photocopy-3,500.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by iReddington: 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
It's absolutely normal, it's the printer...infact when mine was printed, the first number was smudged and invincible, another was printed which came out okay. Calm down.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by mechanics(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
He should take it to NIMC office and confirm if the form is original.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
There’s nothing to worry about, although in my case I have the soft copy in full color and can print at my discretion.

I think the wise thing to do is download the mobile application and print a plastic ID
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by jagged44: 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
After the effort of persuading my Mon to find time to go register her NIN last year, she eventually went to the NIN registration center. The slip she was given did not have NIN number. This was after they collected N1,000 from her. After that incident she has decided give up on this NIN-SIM wahala, that if they want to block her line they should block it.

Back when I went to register my NIN in 2018 at the registration center, it did not take up to 3 hours to reach my turn and after the 30 mins process, I was given the main slip that has my NIN on it.

And the excuse that these are temporary registration center don't fly. Even if you are going to create temporary registration center, you should at least equip it to be able to do complete registration.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Tannhauser(m): 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2022
grin
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by PotatoSalad(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2022
gistray:
That's how it is Mr WOKE.

You get the Original plastic one in 10-20 years time
More than half of the people that did their NIN died waiting for the plastic card.
Me I carry my phone with the app now. Last time i went for a registration and showed them the app and they said no, I wanted to change it for them right there. Nigerians.
Whatever hell we're going through in this country, we deserve it.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by booblacain(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2022
LordReed:
It's not photocopy. It depends on where you get your slip from. When I got my initial slip from the NIMC HQ it was the one with colour and heavy paper. However when I went to a center for a reissue, it was this type of print out they gave. The back is that way because they photocopy the NIMC logo on to the paper before they print your details on to it.

My brother thank you. Your explanation made everything clear to me. Nothing to worry about then. Thank you again.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by otajipopo: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2022
Don't bother yourself with the paper, just download the NIN app from playstore and print out your Plastic NIN card yourself. If you don't understand how to do it, ask and I will give the details.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by ModelLook(m): 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2022
I did Modification of Name in October. Wen to Ayobo Ipaja Local Govt Office to collect my print out after a while two months of come back tomorrow.

They gave me my NIN slip. Print out. Black and White. At the back, No NIN Logo sef.

I complained. They said they only gave them Black and White Printer. And as for the logo, they said that is how it is now. No logo. Yet my modified name has not even been validated. They said I should wait for additional 2 months. That's like March. In all now, 6 months just to do Modification of Name.

I just dey look them.

I have downloaded NIN App. When my modified name reflects on the App, I will print from there. Don't trust those people.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by w1sEmAn: 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
Una President no be PHOTOCOPY? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
Wahala no dey finish, I swear.

Patronize my signature guys wink
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Oyinlomobambam(m): 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:
(I had to bring this here first to get clarity from others before we go take it up with them at the Local Government Office).

A friend of mine just got his NIN slip from his local government office. To my surprise, the slip he was given looks like something that was photocopied, but he was told that it was printed directly from the computer. There are obvious discoloration marks on it that can only come from photocopy machines and not from printers.

My own sister has done her NIN and her own slip obviously looks like the original copy, the NIN logo on the back is in color and there are no photocopy discoloration marks on the paper.

off course, things can be printed in white and black, but not with photocopy marks.

The question that worries me is, if he was given the photocopy, where and who has the original. Obviously, the original copy exists because you can only make a photocopy from an original hard copy.

My suspicion is that the original copy was printed out and then photocopied, then only the photocopy was given to him, but why would they do this and lie to him that it was the printed copy. Why was the original copy not given to him and What do they plan to do with it?

Please people, Is this something my friend should worry about or am I being unnecessarily concerned about it?

The first two pictures  bellow shows my sister's NIN slip (original) and the other two shows the NIN slip that was given to my friend.

I think it doesn't matter since you have your original number.

We that did when it was first introduced did not know anything about original or copy...

We're all given the blank back paper and I have been using it since then without issues
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by PotatoSalad(m): 12:25pm On Jan 05, 2022
iReddington:
It's absolutely normal, it's the printer...infact when mine was printed, the first number was smudged and invincible, another was printed which came out okay. Calm down.
Calm down?
After collecting illegal 1,500 registration fee and 300 naira to print, they use a monochrome printer.
And you're saying calm down. Truly, nigerians deserve whatever hell they're going through. Itinye aka na pocket fa a na-agwo gi iba.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by maldino: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2022
This one even has something written at the back...A state in central Nigeria will issue a black and white slip with nothing written behind....and at times work resumes 11am/beyond 12.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by phemmyfour: 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:
(I had to bring this here first to get clarity from others before we go take it up with them at the Local Government Office).

A friend of mine just got his NIN slip from his local government office. To my surprise, the slip he was given looks like something that was photocopied, but he was told that it was printed directly from the computer. There are obvious discoloration marks on it that can only come from photocopy machines and not from printers.

My own sister has done her NIN and her own slip obviously looks like the original copy, the NIN logo on the back is in color and there are no photocopy discoloration marks on the paper.

off course, things can be printed in white and black, but not with photocopy marks.

The question that worries me is, if he was given the photocopy, where and who has the original. Obviously, the original copy exists because you can only make a photocopy from an original hard copy.

My suspicion is that the original copy was printed out and then photocopied, then only the photocopy was given to him, but why would they do this and lie to him that it was the printed copy. Why was the original copy not given to him and What do they plan to do with it?

Please people, Is this something my friend should worry about or am I being unnecessarily concerned about it?

The first two pictures  bellow shows my sister's NIN slip (original) and the other two shows the NIN slip that was given to my friend.
It doesn't matter, the digital id card has override this paper one. The content, i.e your NIN is all you need there

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by RPG2020(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:

Is that no fraud? Why will they print out a hard copy and then give you a photocopy. What do they intend to do with the original copy?

For ghost workers
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by gulfer: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2022
They're economising on the printer ink; not buying the color inks and just buying the cheaper black and white ink to divert the money Na so grin cheesy grin grin✌️✌️
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Jamieb(m): 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:

Your sister got her NIN printed on a customised paper. These days most centres print on ordinary A4 paper due to scarcity of customised paper.
I guess the centre your friend registered printed the customised paper on A4 which makes it look like photocopy.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Champneys: 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:

Ok.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:

mine was without logo at d back, black and white printing, I did it at a Cafe and I went to collect it d next day, then I notice some of d details where misspelled but I still take am write JAMB pass with flying colours thanks to GOD
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Eagban(m): 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
Even if it is printed on a cement paper, so long you have the NIN number you don't have any problem. What you should be worried about is if the NIN is validated. If it is not, you can't do anything with it.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by do4luv14(m): 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
So people still dey register for this NIN, yet to collect original copy nah War, still FG go dey shaleye like say nah the best thing after slice bread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of President Buhari And Osinbajo / Adamu Garba Steps Down As Crowwe CEO As Calls To Boycott His App Grows / Jonathan: We Know Something They Don't Know - Bashir Ahmad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.