Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:57 AM

My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip (38473 Views)

Premium Times: Photocopy of original Certificate that Tinubu Submitted To INEC / My Friend Is Still Asked To Verify His NIN Even After Getting A Virtual ID Card / Buhari Receives His NIN Identity Card (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Cognitivereason: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2022
No big deal...just ensure ur NIN is visible along with other info like name, address etc
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Bukola94(m): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2022
7pages:
Na the NIN digit be the koko

Meanwhile shey na all owner of cars at ikorodu knows how to drive? Don't you guys need driver as car owners demand across all area of lagos state?

I'm looking for a driving job good people of Nairaland
check job/vacancies section of nairaland. just type something like " driving job or drivers"
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by ipobarecriminals: 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2022
sad Those bastard even do fake NIN that GLO reject.Nor be their fault.Nah patami cause am
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by 7pages(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
Bukola94:
check job/vacancies section of nairaland. just type something like " driving job or drivers"

Job/vacancies is my second home and most of the jobs I've found there are far away from my location with no accommodation

I will appreciate if you help me found one around you
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Gidagreen(m): 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2022
The information on the paper plus the soft copy of data collected stored on the NIN server is what is important.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Roysnickz: 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
seborrhic:
So what in God's name does someone else want to do with your sister's riginal NIN printout?
Withdraw money with it,procure visa with it or use it for ritual purposes?
Nigerians with their conspiracies mentality.
It's not about conspiracies mentality bro. It's good to reserve comments on subject matters you don't clearly understand.
For your information, someone can use your National ID Card to create and verify accounts ( online wallets, online payment platforms, FX, betting, and crypto, to mention but a few). Those accounts can be used easily to commit fraud. Behold, the owner of the ID Card will be held responsible.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by afadi2410: 1:00pm On Jan 05, 2022
Bro,it's no photocopy,please take it and go dont create unnecessary drama
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by LittleFinger1: 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2022
AuntRose:
The original will take him to hell cheesy
Mummy G. O said so.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by lebete3000: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
Mercychen:
That's what was given to majority of people. A printout.

Not us that did ours in 2014...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Olam09(m): 1:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:

Is that no fraud? Why will they print out a hard copy and then give you a photocopy. What do they intend to do with the original copy?
They can use it to do many things bro
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by techWriter3: 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2022
residents of Nigerians not thugs... With the caveat of few!
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
lebete3000:

Not us that did ours in 2014...

Of course not.. grin. I'm talking about the those of us who did ours during the rushing hour. cheesy.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by wallrichy: 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2022
The most important thing is the NIMC number. I was given the same black and white likewise several people I know also. Also remember that this paper ain't supposed to be the real thing but just a confirmation paper that you have processed and have been awarded an NIMC number. The real paper is like an ID card, coloured and more like smart ID card. Only Buhari, Osinbajo, Senators, Governors and some other big thieves have gotten theirs. May be 20 years, we would get ours in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Homeboiy: 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
In Benin city

To upload your NIN into NIMC app is 5000 naira
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by shekoduza: 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
Bros, the center doesn't have colour printer
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by babtoundey(m): 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2022
His own is still clear. The one given to me was fade. You will have to stress yourself before you can see the numbers written on it
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by mamawa123: 1:30pm On Jan 05, 2022
Naija is a fail State because I still don’t understand the reason why it will take years before one can get the national identification card.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by harjay1986: 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:
(I had to bring this here first to get clarity from others before we go take it up with them at the Local Government Office).

A friend of mine just got his NIN slip from his local government office. To my surprise, the slip he was given looks like something that was photocopied, but he was told that it was printed directly from the computer. There are obvious discoloration marks on it that can only come from photocopy machines and not from printers.

My own sister has done her NIN and her own slip obviously looks like the original copy, the NIN logo on the back is in color and there are no photocopy discoloration marks on the paper.

off course, things can be printed in white and black, but not with photocopy marks.

The question that worries me is, if he was given the photocopy, where and who has the original. Obviously, the original copy exists because you can only make a photocopy from an original hard copy.

My suspicion is that the original copy was printed out and then photocopied, then only the photocopy was given to him, but why would they do this and lie to him that it was the printed copy. Why was the original copy not given to him and What do they plan to do with it?

Please people, Is this something my friend should worry about or am I being unnecessarily concerned about it?

The first two pictures  bellow shows my sister's NIN slip (original) and the other two shows the NIN slip that was given to my friend.

Bro my one naira advice is that just download the NIN app from play store once you are able to get through to your page let them eat the print out abeg,
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by nosiebaba(m): 1:52pm On Jan 05, 2022
Black and white printer
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2022
NIN NA NUMBER YOU NEED,IT'S ON NATIONAL DATA BANK.PAPER IS USELESS.undecided
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2022
ExAngel007:
it's normal

I received original.

Don't you know they can sell it?

By then 2 people are using your identity and yours is the fake one and you are subject to arrest due to impersonation.

Go demand for original.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Dreytonisback(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2022
Can one have his/her NIN done and receive it same day without stress when you have money to lobby them ?
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by koldej(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
booblacain:
(I had to bring this here first to get clarity from others before we go take it up with them at the Local Government Office).

A friend of mine just got his NIN slip from his local government office. To my surprise, the slip he was given looks like something that was photocopied, but he was told that it was printed directly from the computer. There are obvious discoloration marks on it that can only come from photocopy machines and not from printers.

My own sister has done her NIN and her own slip obviously looks like the original copy, the NIN logo on the back is in color and there are no photocopy discoloration marks on the paper.

off course, things can be printed in white and black, but not with photocopy marks.

The question that worries me is, if he was given the photocopy, where and who has the original. Obviously, the original copy exists because you can only make a photocopy from an original hard copy.

My suspicion is that the original copy was printed out and then photocopied, then only the photocopy was given to him, but why would they do this and lie to him that it was the printed copy. Why was the original copy not given to him and What do they plan to do with it?

Please people, Is this something my friend should worry about or am I being unnecessarily concerned about it?

The first two pictures  bellow shows my sister's NIN slip (original) and the other two shows the NIN slip that was given to my friend.

Mr Man chill.. the original paper used my NIMC for printing is currently no more available, what they use now is A4 paper, and this is applicable to those who are just registering let's say in the last 9-10months, the most important thing on the paper is the NIN number and not the color sir
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Emperor550(m): 2:37pm On Jan 05, 2022
ModelLook:
I did Modification of Name in October. Wen to Ayobo Ipaja Local Govt Office to collect my print out after a while two months of come back tomorrow.

They gave me my NIN slip. Print out. Black and White. At the back, No NIN Logo sef.

I complained. They said they only gave them Black and White Printer. And as for the logo, they said that is how it is now. No logo. Yet my modified name has not even been validated. They said I should wait for additional 2 months. That's like March. In all now, 6 months just to do Modification of Name.

I just dey look them.

I have downloaded NIN App. When my modified name reflects on the App, I will print from there. Don't trust those people.
I'm facing the same issue my name have not been validated after 4 months ,NIMC should up there game..
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Emperor550(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2022
AlhajiBitcoin:

I received original.

By then 2 people are using your identity and yours is the fake one and you are subject to arrest due to impersonation.

Go demand for original.
and what will someone do with it undecided undecided
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by sirqeeboi(m): 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2022
vincentjk:
The one given to him is the temporal one, he should return back in a week or less for the original copy.

The black and white is now the original , registered 2014 was given the colored one and photocopy same day of registration .I went there last year November to update my phone number, I was recaptured again .and was given that black white slip again carrying the recent picture they took after a month and paid another 500 naira.even though the reason y I went there hasn't been resolved up still now. If not I would not have gone there complained and ask to pay.
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Lisaint(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2022
Not new bro

The difference is the paper they printed on

This are licensed private registration points
(Some computer business centre that applied for license and they got approval)

They don’t have the carbon paper issued by the government own

But still
It’s valid
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 05, 2022
Torquena:
Your friend is worried about a series of useless digits? Photocopy or not. It's the number that's the important thing there.
but someone else could have the number, which begs the curiousity, why?
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
AlhajiBitcoin:

I received original.

Go demand for original.
That is it!! Very good observations! Not the people who keep claiming that there is no problem as long as the number is on the photo copied one. Question is who has the original if i have the photo copied one? And why?
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by johzyjoe: 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
What makes your NIN slip original is your NIN
Number.
The other paper that looks like original is just a type of paper used in printing just that it is customized with NIMC logo.
They are both the same
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 05, 2022
johzyjoe:
What makes your NIN slip original is your NIN
Number.
The other paper that looks like original is just a type of paper used in printing just that it is customized with NIMC logo.
They are both the same
but question is, who has the original slip or print out? if i have a photo copied one and why?
Re: My Friend Was Given A Photocopy Of His NIN Slip by YoungAncient1: 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
They no longer have the original slip for everybody. If you need yours printed on that slip, it is extra 1,500. This was told to me by a staff when I wanted to reprint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inauguration Of Gboyega Oyetola As Governor Of Osun State (Photos) / Photo:Gen.Obasanjo & Lt.Gen.T.Y. Danjuma With His Wife In Calabar On 14 May 1978 / Photos Of Kwata Junction Flyover, Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.