Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari (37684 Views)

Ondo State Clears Salary Arrears, Pays The Extra ₦35,000 To Civil Servants / The Most Developed South East State / Results From Buhari's Daura Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Odinaka00(m): 6:04am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

The idiots backyard is ravaged with terrorists and bandits, he has borrowed Nigeria into eternal debt, youth unemployment is 65%, poverty is escalating and people are dying - yet you think he is only dealing with Igbos ?

Daftness should become a crime.

There re lots of unintelligent people in this platform and the person you quoted is one of them.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by rickyrex(m): 6:10am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:
Buhari knows how to deal with ibos sha. He doesn't shout when they shout but anytime he drops an album on them, it's always a banger.

“I have a problem with people from South-East; they said they wanted another state, as each of the geopolitical zones has six states.

“I said go and look at the map and see how many of the existing states will contribute to other states.
“That was the last I heard from them” on the matter, the President said.

Na young John produce the beat this time grin cheesy
do you take your time to reason weather the igbos are carefully considering the place to be mapped out for another state. Or you want to see Igbo in crisis over who own where and where should not be linked to a new state. This is not something you wake up one morning and decide. Moreso when was this discussion of state creation discussed with buhari. If this issue were to concern north buhari won't have thought of it twice. Make him no worry those things wey him fail to do, somebody someday will do it. Look at what a man who campaign using promises of restructuring now using the same mouth to condem it and you still believe him

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Ekaka1(m): 6:13am On Jan 06, 2022
Wawu....so all Mr Buhari thinks about when an entire nation talks about restructuring is state creation in the East for ibos...who do us this thing sef...I don ask this question for over 6 years and una no dey answer me?? shocked

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by adetayoonas(m): 6:14am On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=dasparrow post=109120826]State creation and restructuring are two different things Mr President but I don't expect you to know.[/quote

Yes you are right but the proponents of restructuring messed up this time around. They shouldn't have added state creation to their restructuring agenda in Buhari time. It's confusing the way they presented the restructuring bill.
They should have sticked to the initial restructuring plan without adding state creation to it.

I support only restructuring. Let us get d restructuring first and see how Nigeria develops positively through states.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by bareal(m): 6:18am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:
Buhari knows how to deal with ibos sha. He doesn't shout when they shout but anytime he drops an album on them, it's always a banger.

“I have a problem with people from South-East; they said they wanted another state, as each of the geopolitical zones has six states.

“I said go and look at the map and see how many of the existing states will contribute to other states.

So, in your mind restructuring means creation of more states? Gosh, you people are so irritating!!!

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by adetayoonas(m): 6:18am On Jan 06, 2022
The proponents of this restructuring agenda should separate restructuring from state creation. Why did they add d issue of state creation to it?

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by JaroMan: 6:23am On Jan 06, 2022
BigSarah:
Restructuring suddenly means creating an additional SE state?

Even the people claiming they're responsible for pushing restructuring since 2018, they're supporting this ignorant statement,..
People aren't ready
That's the consensus we talk about. Majority of Nigerians have consensus on a matter that only negatively affects the Igbos.

11 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nicenixon: 6:28am On Jan 06, 2022
DOTian:
Whenever the South East talks about the need to create a state or two in the East to sort the injustice in this area , since the other regions have more, they're quickly reminded of how there are no resources to carter for already existing ones. All of a sudden, chronic state looters will start vomiting all sorts of crafty reasons to make the case for more states look out of place and greedy.

But if you ask the same people arguing against more states because of meager resources to remove one state each from their zones together with some local governments too, so we can "cut down on government expenses", they will all disappear! They don't want to hear that! Vehemently, they refuse... Essentially, they want to keep their states and Local governments, while preaching to the East to have less. Cunning much?

This is how 2 states in the North,(Kano and Katsina) ended up having almost the same amount of Local Governments with the whole South East... Kano municipal alone has almost the same amount of LGAs with Bayelsa state!
Sick people..
nice statement but kano state has more population than Bayelsea.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nicenixon: 6:31am On Jan 06, 2022
Nigeria as a country does not need creation of another state, the ones already existing are not developing talk less of adding another problem to the country.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Yankee101: 6:31am On Jan 06, 2022
True federalism should mean anywhere you live is your state of origin and any land you buy belongs to your family forever as long as you pay the land taxes yearly.

Ojukwu was born in Zungeru, learned ambition as a GOC in Kano and made money from hotels he built in Zaria

That's how nigeria used to be before the civil war. The Hausas (till today) carved out full cities called sabon Gari (new city) for all foreigners to build and own property in perpetuity.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by DCatt: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2022
This is what sets me apart from most people, I have never used the word restructuring because I'm a straight shooter and it has no meaning. What we had before 1966 worked for Yoruba, cocoa house was built by farmers but the region that can't build anything but take from others just had to use coup to suspend the beautiful system we had. People saying restructuring don't know what they want and those who know are scared of their political future.

The only solution to Nigeria is to go back to the real constitution of 1963 and return to regional govt. The so called 1999 constitution was written by a military dictator with lawyers at gunpoint. Every region can develop their resources and pay 10% to Abuja to pay for army and foreign affairs. Regional police only, federal police stays in Abuja. Igbos can then make every village a state if they want as long as the money to take care of the new states is not coming from my region and Yoruba can return to the good old days our parents told us.

gabicon:

I kind of agree on his stance on restructuring, restructuring has been touted as a silver bullet that will solve all our problems, but prior to 1966 coup we had similar problems that we presently face. So how does going back to 1966 solve a problem that predates 1966. If it is true federalism we want let us state it clearly, at least that's what I want, this restructuring nomenclature can be a bit confusing.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by MondayOsunbor(m): 6:38am On Jan 06, 2022
atorioke:
So the constitutional amendment review Committees meetings held in various geopolitical zones in the country were jokes? Na wa o.

“I, therefore, appeal to our youths to listen to the voice of reason. What an old man sees sitting, a child cannot see even if he climbs an iroko tree. Let us to the path of peace. All shall be well. If we remain firmly committed to the unity of Nigeria we shall get all we seek.”

In another development, the leadership of Aba state movement, led by Elder Emmanuel Adaelu, said among other things that the constitution review committee should consider the report of the committee on state creation of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide under Nnia Nwodo, he said: “The Committee should consider the merit for the creation of Aba and Adada States respectively, resolved and recommended for the creation of Aba State, with 12 members supporting, and 5 abstaining. The Committee also recommended that any other State Creation exercise in the South-East should give Adada State priority.

The bolded is the resolution of the South east Committee on constitutionall amendment review held in Owerri and chaired by Hope Uzodinma. This our President has always been a wrong choice and it is South west that put us in this current mess, just to massage their ego and self-acclaimed sophistication. How can a President's response to restructuring agitation be issue of state creation for Ndigbo. So the state police, resource control and independence of the judiciary agreed upon by all the geopolitical zones in the South are not enough to make him understand what restructuring is all about? What a President!

South West and North, please make una manage this una man. Na una put am there. Godforbid bad thing.

i have problem with south east people

that say it all
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by louqas: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2022
atorioke:
. This our President has always been a wrong choice and it is South west that put us in this current mess, just to massage their ego and self-acclaimed sophistication.

Shameless wannbe democrat.
You had your choice which you voted for
I had my choice which i voted for.....how dare you intimidate me for making my choice.
And why didnt you darling party do all the restructuring in its 16 years in power or did we just need restructuring in 2015?
Why didnt PDP create state police when it had 16 years to do it?
Buhari cannot be forced to do what pdp didnt do while in power.....you should have started your wailing on restructuring since 1999....but since you were chopping then you couldnt talk only to be blabbing nonsense the moment you left power.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Bigpapi: 6:40am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

The idiots backyard is ravaged with terrorists and bandits, he has borrowed Nigeria into eternal debt, youth unemployment is 65%, poverty is escalating and people are dying - yet you think he is only dealing with Igbos ?

Don't mind the mumu Almajiri supporting the slowpoke president

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by LLiKYekoba: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

Gazzy88 na premium mugu wey dey chop grass come think say him better pass Igbo man. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Kingpin1000: 6:43am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

" yet you think He is only dealing with Igbos"
This your statement get weight. The Sapa reach everybody with jara untop.

9 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by LLiKYekoba: 6:44am On Jan 06, 2022
Navalsadiq:
will people ever have sense.the lands and oil field that GEJ gave you guys that belongs to KOGI will be given back.

You guys should really check your selves.you go to delta,rivers and other parts they say no.

The language you guys refused to embraced and understand is that you guys are not wanted...

Sadiq the mooslim buffoon. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by LLiKYekoba: 6:47am On Jan 06, 2022
danot1030:

Igbos and victim mentality. If it's not APC, it's Buhari, or Fulani jihadist, if it's not FG it's DSS or police, if it's not Tinubu it's South West or afonja. Always finding someone to blame and never accepting responsibility for their own self inflicted predicaments.

What is their 'self-inflicted predicaments' mr dundeerudeen omoamala? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by huptin(m): 6:51am On Jan 06, 2022
omenkaLives:
Igbo lands carved into Benue indeed. What makes you think it isnt Benue lands that were carved into minuscule south East? What about Kogi lands full of Igalas in Anambra?

In the minds of Igbos, everyone owes them everything, but they owe no one nothing. Pathetic.

Later they will wonder why Nigerians don't want Igbo presidency!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by samista: 6:51am On Jan 06, 2022
Navalsadiq:
scavengers everywhere

Embrace this language once and for all.you guys are not wanted.simple
The same people you say are not wanted say they want to leave you also and go form their own country, the same you that said they are not wanted refused and is insisting that they must stay with you. They are not wanted indeed!! Tell your leaders to release Kanu and conduct a referendum of independence for Biafra so the people you don't want can leave you once and for all. You can't be stupidly saying people are not wanted and at the same time stupidly fighting to keep them together with you. That's stupidity of the highest order.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Benitoh: 6:53am On Jan 06, 2022
The hate and animosity buhari has towards the people of South East, makes me feel sorry for those who think the second niger bridge will be coming to completion anytime soon before the tenure of pmb.

From the way i see it, buhari hates igbo so much far more than the igbo hates buhari.

Buhari is anti-igbo. I think he hates igbo far more than he hates the Israelis. But the good thing about the igbo is that they care not and don't have a Bleep to give.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Bamzyriches451: 6:53am On Jan 06, 2022
What will not be will never be.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by LLiKYekoba: 6:54am On Jan 06, 2022
Osilama1:
if not that some of you are very ignorant does buhari even have the sole power to create state? Does he have the sole power to Carry out restructuring... Your gorvenors de press Loca govt excos neck yet they keep shouting restructuring... He ask u pple to define it na curse Ina de do... Restructuring isn't a final bustop it's a process that involves change as situation permits... Tell your gorvenors to allow Loca govt chairmen and women breathe... Mind u in a democracy like our the president has limited powers to do some of these things it's the national assembly that holds the key... Ok

Oga Ade, na state creation be the only thing wey dey restructuring abi? Una don forget una 'amotekun', VAT, regionalism etc, all because the abokey imbecilic presidiot insult Omo Ibo with state creation abi? grin

E go soon do una like filmtrick for this naijeriyya. Useless poverty stricken idiotic citizens wey like to support abokey bullies. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by mecustika: 6:57am On Jan 06, 2022
Is unfortunat that what buhari understands as restructuring is the creation of additional state for igbos. It's even more unfortunate that the presidents abysmal ignorance and tribalism is gradually pushing the country off the edge of a precipice and other ethnic groups are singing and dancing, believing he is dealing with igbos. The fire buhari ignited is already burning and will surely consume,all the cheering fools.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by LLiKYekoba: 6:57am On Jan 06, 2022
huptin:

Later they will wonder why Nigerians don't want Igbo presidency!

You that think you are more qualified than 60 million Igbos, go and collect the presidency.
I'm sure you are from the yoruba tribe, the biggest supporters of evil until they become victims of the same injustice and start crying for 'southern unity'. cheesy
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by postmann: 6:57am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:

Wait for the rejoinder.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by ShedrachU(m): 6:58am On Jan 06, 2022
azpekuliar:
Mumu man...

We are talking of fiscal federalism, resource control, devolution of powers, state policing etc... this fool is talking of state creation.

One thing you guys fail to understand is to think Buhari don't know what restructuring means. Baba knows, but he makes the Igbo looks foolish grin and you guys fall for it thinking he doesn't know.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Elidrisy20: 7:01am On Jan 06, 2022
They want efufu state
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Navalsadiq(m): 7:02am On Jan 06, 2022
samista:

The same people you say are not wanted say they want to leave you also and go forn their own country, the same you they said they are not wanted refused and is insisting that they must stay with you. They are not wanted indeed!! Tell your leaders to release Kanu and conduct a referendum of independence for Biafra so the people you don't want can leave you once and for all. You can't be stupily saying people are not wanted and at the same time stupidly fighting to keep them together with you. That's stupidity of the highest order.
it's not a problem at all. If you want to leave please do leave and don't tag other regions along.
Embrace and hold this language.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by huptin(m): 7:03am On Jan 06, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

You that think you are more qualified than 60 million Igbos, go and collect the presidency.
I'm sure you are from the yoruba tribe, the biggest supporters of evil until they become victims of the same injustice and start crying for 'southern unity'. cheesy

Igbos are more than qualified don't get me wrong, but you can fight everyone and still expect them to vote for you!

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by samista: 7:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Navalsadiq:
it's not a problem at all. If you want to leave please do leave and don't tag other regions along.
Embrace and hold this language.
Who is interested in dragging filthy zoo animals along with them? So you can come and mess up the new nation with your stupid animal mentality? Please, you all that say you don't want us should join your voices loudly to our own and tell your leaders to do the referendum for us fast. We can't wait to get out of this God forsaken country.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by alen4smith(m): 7:07am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:
We shall reclaim all our Igbo lands that were cunningly carved into Kogi, Benue, Delta and Rivers states. It’s only a matter of time.

The cow herding dullard doesn’t know what he is talking about.
na your type dey decieve people enter battle then turn spectator!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Adewale Elijah Oluwatayo Is Dead (House Of Representatives Member) / Mass Housing Units In Yobe Completed By FG (Photos) / Williams Ibori Dies 4 Months After Wedding (James Ibori’s Brother Is Dead)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.