Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari (37690 Views)

Ondo State Clears Salary Arrears, Pays The Extra ₦35,000 To Civil Servants / The Most Developed South East State / Results From Buhari's Daura Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by jesmond3945: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:
Guy talk true, buhari knows how to press your mumu button. grin

Let me translate for you in pidgin so you understand: buhari talk say make ibo leaders go check map whether any states fit contribute land take create 6th state wey don dey hungry una for decades but since then, ya leaders no gree talk about am again.
they didnt talk about it again because they are dealing with a dead horse who doesnt understand what restructuring means.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Denoh68: 7:51am On Jan 06, 2022
THE MUMU AND HIS PRESIDENT DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT RESTRUCTURING MEANS
lexy2014:

did the people of south east say they need another state in addition to the existing states? is state creation the same thing as restructuring?
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Victorclean1: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2022
omenkaLives:
Gather your village elders, brothers and sisters, and come collect the lands back sir. Your inane rants over the internet wouldn't get you even a brain of dand back.

You people keep coveting your neighbor's lands, it is in your character. Little wonder we always read about Igbo communities slaughtering each other over lands. I'm sure no less than ten of such disputes are currently ongoing in the East.

When you're ready to march with your armies to come retrieve your lands from us, let me know. But until that time, have this...

Omenkalive, I understand your frustration. Ibo people, the dot people , as small as they are, the whole nation find it so difficult to silence them.

Killing them during the war , did not prevent them not being the richest tribe in Nigeria. The more the economy goes down, the more money Ibo man makes.

Quite unlike Owo da people, who prefer Elujeje/ ogogoro joint than hard work. Yoruba women feeds their husbands.

Meanwhile , how much were you paid to be debunking truth said about evil of Bihari

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Denoh68: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2022
IS RESTRUCTURING AND STATE CREATION THE SAME THING,CHAI ITIBORIBO
Tingotoe:
Honestly I wonder how some Ibos think that Buhari has the power to create a new state. The constitution is very clear on the matter and the president has no input absolutely in the process. What the president should take said was the elders came seeking his support and that of his good offices for the creation of a new state
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 06, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
There is no part of Delta state that was ever part of the South East.

There is igala land in Anambra state.

He wasn't talking about South East. South East, Delta, South South are mere human geographical configurations boss. Tribe/Nations aren't.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by omoharry(f): 7:59am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:
We shall reclaim all our Igbo lands that were cunningly carved into Kogi, Benue, Delta and Rivers states. It’s only a matter of time.

The cow herding dullard doesn’t know what he is talking about.
And how do you hope to do that ?
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by BafanaBafana: 7:59am On Jan 06, 2022
I like the way he gives them uppercut anytime he talks.
They will cry for a week now.
But why did Ohaneze not come back to Buhari after he asked them to go and draw the map of their new state?
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Millimann: 8:00am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

The idiots backyard is ravaged with terrorists and bandits, he has borrowed Nigeria into eternal debt, youth unemployment is 65%, poverty is escalating and people are dying - yet you think he is only dealing with Igbos ?

Daftness should become a crime.

You really murdered that Gazzy88 of a guy shocked cry cry
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Denoh68: 8:01am On Jan 06, 2022
THE SAME WAY FULANI PEOPLE ARE CHASING YOU AWAY FROM YOUR BUSH VILLAGE NAH,MUMU
Navalsadiq:
scavengers everywhere

Embrace this language once and for all.you guys are not wanted.simple
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by azpekuliar: 8:01am On Jan 06, 2022
ShedrachU:

One thing you guys fail to understand is to think Buhari don't know what restructuring means. Baba knows, but he makes the Igbo looks foolish grin and you guys fall for it thinking he doesn't know.

Why is he reducing the whole restructuring question to the Igbos? Shows how petty and narrow-minded he is. Is it the Igbos that put it inside the manifesto of his party? Are Igbos the only ethnic group fed up with the current unitary system?
Again he is a product of his time. His mind is still trapped in the ‘60s and ‘70s. A disaster of a leader for the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by BafanaBafana: 8:01am On Jan 06, 2022
JaroMan:

How? Did actually think the Igbo leaders failed to come back because Buhari has superior arguments? They left him because they know he doesn't understand.
Dealing with Igbos? So Igbos buy things in different markets? So they buy fuel from different stations?
So what about what he told Makinde about herdsmen? So that is romance?
They asked for state, he said go and agree on how you want it and come back, they never came back. Seems they just went about their usual noisemaking
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by atorioke(m): 8:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Victorclean1:

Nathaniel Atori, please av been begging you guys to link me to be among those defending Buhari here as a paid mercenary. You guys can't chop the money alone.

I have begged mannagllobis etc but you guys refused. I want be part of the paid mercenary to be debunking the truth

I don't know what you are talking about. I'm neither APC nor PDP. I'm a free man.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Borntworule: 8:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Let me check Nigeria Map again and see how many states can contribute land to create more states in south east. May be Kogi and Benue can do the sacrifice

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Omonigho1976: 8:06am On Jan 06, 2022
omenkaLives:
Igbo lands carved into Benue indeed. What makes you think it isnt Benue lands that were carved into minuscule south East? What about Kogi lands full of Igalas in Anambra?

In the minds of Igbos, everyone owes them everything, but they owe no one nothing. The entitlement you Igbos have is eerily similar to that of the people you love to hate from "futa jalon " and it is sickening.

Pathetic.
My brother the clowns tire me o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Don27tiky(m): 8:07am On Jan 06, 2022
Verysmart101:

Which one if I may ask pls? Tell me because there is no community in Anambra speaking igala please.
if you are from anambra and don’t know that some igalas are indigenes of that state then you are not to make any comment here. It is surprising that even those igbos who claimed to be enlightened don’t even know what’s happening even in their own domain. Many igbos even in this modern times still don’t know that their neighbors( benue, kogi and other state like plateau and nasarawa) are not Hausas. Igbos should wake up from their sleep and understand who they are and the people around them and learn to relate with them
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Pins(m): 8:08am On Jan 06, 2022
That is no excuse Mr President, cut it out of delta because we the anioma people have been clamouring for anioma state since over 30years. Don't come and deceive us when your real reason is so the south and north will not be equal in number of states.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nchenches: 8:08am On Jan 06, 2022
Njaba state proposal between Imo and Anambra states.
Except in Nigeria, no other country formed by different regions ever used land mass or population as yardstick to determine where new federating units can be created.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by mediainc: 8:10am On Jan 06, 2022
grin
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 06, 2022
DaveDGreat:

He wasn't talking about South East. South East, Delta, South South are mere human geographical configurations boss. Tribe/Nations aren't.
Territory matter no be as you dey think am boss.

Why do you think Northern Ireland and Ireland are not United?

See, when it gets to the time the Nigerian state will have to let ibos decide in a referendum, the referendum will only take place in the South East geopolitical region of Nigeria.

Even Nigeria will be doing the Igbos a favour letting the South East have a referendum. A united Igbo land was a creation of the British, not any Igbo kingdom.

Igbo land(South East) was not a United entity before the arrival of the British

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Navalsadiq(m): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2022
ukahrawah:

Your hate for the Igbos is why BH & bandits are dealing with your wives & daughters. Even the Abuja you now accept as your home has become overpopulated & dirty. The only thing that will hit sense into your empty skull is when you're told that your village population has been wiped out by terrorists. If Talibans are becoming repentant, you too will. Nomadic lifestyle is incurable and the Igbos don't belong there. In some ways, you're right.
I don't hate igbos.most of Mt friends are igbos. But I detest your mentality and hate you guys always instigate.

They carve a niche for you guys but what comes out of it is betrayal.

The records are there.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by omoharry(f): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Ekaka1:
Wawu....so all Mr Buhari thinks about when an entire nation talks about restructuring is state creation in the East for ibos...who do us this thing sef...I don ask this question for over 6 years and una no dey answer me?? shocked
Tinubu/South West sai Baba zombies & the middle belt . The core northern states have been known to vote for leaders without caring if the person is dull or stupid. As long as he shows that he is an extremist and support the propagation of Sharia then they are ok. But what I dont understand is why the educated Yorubas' and the Middle Belt would vote for a man that is a semi illiterate, a bigot/nepotistic leader and expect him to perform wonders when he get to power .He cannot give what he does not have.
Like Obasanjo said , he has done his best and we just have to put up with whatever we see, till his administration comes to an end .
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by emmykk(m): 8:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:
Guy talk true, buhari knows how to press your mumu button. grin

Let me translate for you in pidgin so you understand: buhari talk say make ibo leaders go check map whether any states fit contribute land take create 6th state wey don dey hungry una for decades but since then, ya leaders no gree talk about am again.

If buhari is stupid in use of language because of wicked intentions that does not make you stupid too.He is saying those rubbish out of wicked heart and you are here interpreting.

I believe all the geopolitical zone have been clamoring for more state creation.if he truly want to make all the region equitable he should have help facilitate additional igbo state.

Kano state has 44 local govts yet bayesa state is created with only 8 local govt.
Large land mass is not a should not be yardstick for state creation the president flop to have say that..

If the president tie restructuring to state creation only you can see how incompetence he his.
Restructuring means total resetting of nigeria
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Territory matter no be as you dey think am boss.

Why do you think Northern Ireland and Ireland are not United?

See, when it gets to the time the Nigerian state will have to let ibos decide in a referendum, the referendum will only take place in the South East geopolitical region of Nigeria.

Even Nigeria will be doing the Igbos a favour letting the South East have a referendum. A united Igbo land was a creation of the British, not any Igbo kingdom.

Igbo land(South East) was not a United entity before the arrival of the British

True. So much truth here especially using Rep. Of Ireland and Northern Ireland as a case study.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by oyatz(m): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2022
Putindbutt:
Buhari wants to lock ibos up within the 5 states. They have the least state of the six geopolitical zones yet Buhari is stylishly asking them who they think would be responsible for the feeding of their so called new state. 36 states never chop belleful, you wan come add 37 join. Who u epp.

In this democratic dispensation, the president has no powers to create any State, only constitutional amendment by the two-third of the National Assembly and two-third of 24 States Assemblies can do it
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by omoharry(f): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
There is no part of Delta state that was ever part of the South East.

There is igala land in Anambra state.
Don't mind them .Another way to start grabbing lands from people . There is no land for you in Delta state to carve into your Eastern region. Except our Delta Igbo people, by consensus agree to be part of your new state . Only if they agree to it, then no wahala.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by jneutron4000: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2022
The SE type of restructuring is fraud, everything about them is criminal. A state in the North is bigger than the whole 5 states in Igbo land, Edo and Delta is bigger than SE region, only Oyo is almost the same size of SE region, YET leaders from SE region are asking for additional state, where is the land to create the state You just want extra allocation, the whole SE region ought to be receiving only 1 allocation but you are getting 5 times allocations yet the region is not developed. Why no support a return to regional government then if you like 100 more states in your region provided you will fund it and no monthly allocations is coming. Greediness

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Priwillo: 8:21am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

The idiots backyard is ravaged with terrorists and bandits, he has borrowed Nigeria into eternal debt, youth unemployment is 65%, poverty is escalating and people are dying - yet you think he is only dealing with Igbos ?

Daftness should become a crime.

Buhari has a natural hatred towards Igbos. He know well that there are igbos in delta edo rivers benue. But I never expected a response toward restructuring to be geared towards state creation.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by BoBiafra(m): 8:24am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:
Buhari knows how to deal with ibos sha. He doesn't shout when they shout but anytime he drops an album on them, it's always a banger.

“I have a problem with people from South-East; they said they wanted another state, as each of the geopolitical zones has six states.

“I said go and look at the map and see how many of the existing states will contribute to other states.
“That was the last I heard from them” on the matter, the President said.

Na young John produce the beat this time grin cheesy

Restructuring = Constitutional reviews by the people not the Fraudulent 1999 decree/ constitution.
He knew the question? Nah only Fulanis they create states for Liegeria to divide us? (Who state creation epp)?
Give us back our independence constitution ;simple;shekina.Thats restructuring.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2022
omoharry:
Don't mind them .Another way to start grabbing lands from people . There is no land for you in Delta state to carve into your Eastern region. Except our Delta Igbo people, by consensus agree to be part of your new state . Only if they agree to it, then no wahala.
Territory issue is not that simple.

The Igbos in the South East have not claim to any part of Delta because it has never been part of the East or was any part of Delta state under any Ibo kingdom before the creation of Nigeria.

The only part ibos have a claim on is the South East, and they do not even have a full claim on the South East sef, that's why the ball is in the FGN court.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by rafindo(m): 8:25am On Jan 06, 2022
omenkaLives:
Igbo lands carved into Benue indeed. What makes you think it isnt Benue lands that were carved into minuscule south East? What about Kogi lands full of Igalas in Anambra?

In the minds of Igbos, everyone owes them everything, but they owe no one nothing. The entitlement you Igbos have is eerily similar to that of the people you love to hate from "futa jalon " and it is sickening.

Pathetic.

So how many square landmass are looking to carve out from Benue and delta.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Don27tiky(m): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2022
Bigcowhorn:

@GodHatesBiigots kindly ask this guy if he has seen the Nigerian map before cos I'm sure he has never traveled North or east before to know that the boundaries of the South east are formed by a mighty river with just 2 across therefore to import Kogi land into Anambara one has to carry the said land across the Niger.

Just wondering if na him papa port the thing

Oga zombie Omenka
From Onitsha to Asaba is a 15 minute easy walk across the Niger bridge but that walk takes you from Anambara state to Delta state and the language changes.
That river flows northward to cut Kogi state off from the SE.. no bridge. And that is one reason beef is so expensive in the south east even wen it is so cheap in Kogi

stop disgracing yourself here. You go and check the map. Most part of kogi and benue are across the river. That’s why people from benue and kogi don’t need to cross any river to get to any south eastern state.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by omoharry(f): 8:26am On Jan 06, 2022
But Buhari (whom I so much dislike ) really pointed out an important question. Which areas from your lands within the SE do you want to create your new state from ?
If you are looking at some of your perceived Igbo kin that occupy some lands outside the SE , have you consulted with these people , If they are willing to be part of Ur new state ? I thought the SE would have come up with a workable plan of action to achieve this. The only thing we here from the SE is insult .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photos: Atiku Abubakar And Bola Tinubu Welcome Man Who Trekked From Yola To Abuj / Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / $100m Aircraft Maintenance Facility Rots Away In Akwa Ibom Since 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.