Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari (37696 Views)

Ondo State Clears Salary Arrears, Pays The Extra ₦35,000 To Civil Servants / The Most Developed South East State / Results From Buhari's Daura Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by rafindo(m): 8:27am On Jan 06, 2022
DOTian:
Whenever the South East talks about the need to create a state or two in the East to sort the injustice in this area , since the other regions have more, they're quickly reminded of how there are no resources to carter for already existing ones. All of a sudden, chronic state looters will start vomiting all sorts of crafty reasons to make the case for more states look out of place and greedy.

But if you ask the same people arguing against more states because of meager resources to remove one state each from their zones together with some local governments too, so we can "cut down on government expenses", they will all disappear! They don't want to hear that! Vehemently, they refuse... Essentially, they want to keep their states and Local governments, while preaching to the East to have less. Cunning much?

This is how 2 states in the North,(Kano and Katsina) ended up having almost the same amount of Local Governments with the whole South East... Kano municipal alone has almost the same amount of LGAs with Bayelsa state!
Sick people..

Is the landmass of the 2 not bigger than the 5 state combined 3 times.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by cafolu: 8:27am On Jan 06, 2022
So what was the change/next level noise about? Was it not to do things differently from PDP especially the good things they couldn't do? Were all the campaign promises merely for power to change hands as it's 'their turn to enjoy'? Do some of you even stop to think before throwing your blind support? How will the country y'all claim to love and be patriotic to ever get developed if you stay stuck at parochial, crude sentiments mainly hinged on ethnic-religious grounds and cannot even dispassionately speak the truth? Na wa o!

louqas:

Shameless wannbe democrat.
You had your choice which you voted for
I had my choice which i voted for.....how dare you intimidate me for making my choice.
And why didnt you darling party do all the restructuring in its 16 years in power or did we just need restructuring in 2015?
Why didnt PDP create state police when it had 16 years to do it?
Buhari cannot be forced to do what pdp didnt do while in power.....you should have started your wailing on restructuring since 1999....but since you were chopping then you couldnt talk only to be blabbing nonsense the moment you left power.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 06, 2022
BoBiafra:

Restructuring = Constitutional reviews by the people not the Fraudulent 1999 decree/ constitution.
He knew the question? Nah only Fulanis they create states for Liegeria to divide us? (Who state creation epp)?
Give us back our independence constitution ;simple;shekina.Thats restructuring.
Must of you ibos were not talking about all this during the tenure of GEJ

Most of you guys are still in pains because the PDP lost to the APC in 2015 grin

After all this your wailing online, I'm sure you will Atikulate next year grin
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nchenches: 8:28am On Jan 06, 2022
DOTian:
Whenever the South East talks about the need to create a state or two in the East to sort the injustice in this ahrea , since the other regions have more, they're quickly reminded of how there are no resources to carter for already existing ones. All of a sudden, chronic state looters will start vomiting all sorts of crafty reasons to make the case for more states look out of place and greedy.

But if you ask the same people arguing against more states because of meager resources to remove one state each from their zones together with some local governments too, so we can "cut down on government expenses", they will all disappear! They don't want to hear that! Vehemently, they refuse... Essentially, they want to keep their states and Local governments, while preaching to the East to have less. Cunning much?

This is how 2 states in the North,(Kano and Katsina) ended up having almost the same amount of Local Governments with the whole South East... Kano municipal alone has almost the same amount of LGAs with Bayelsa state!
Sick people..

There are two classes of Nigerians who query the rationale behind the agitation for a 6th state in the SE:
1) those who have no idea that neither population nor land mass is considered in creating new states or provinces in a country formed by different regions;
2) those who are comfortable with the fraudulent political structure of 36 states and Abuja supervised mainly by Northern Military dictators who wrongly proliferated a whooping number of 19 states and Abuja in one Northern region, purposely for channelling larger amount of crude oil and sundry revenues to the north via shared federal allocation exercises; as well as to arrogate undue and excess political representation to the old Northern region.
Proliferation of excess number of states in the old Northern region greatly tipped the political balance that existed between the Northern and Southern regions toward the favour of the old Northern region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by olas24u(f): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

The idiots backyard is ravaged with terrorists and bandits, he has borrowed Nigeria into eternal debt, youth unemployment is 65%, poverty is escalating and people are dying - yet you think he is only dealing with Igbos ?

Daftness should become a crime.
But why ask for more states instead of regions .That was a wrong thing to be asking .
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by jneutron4000: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2022
BigSarah:
Restructuring suddenly means creating an additional SE state?

Even the people claiming they're responsible for pushing restructuring since 2018, they're supporting this ignorant statement,..
People aren't ready
it is the SE region that is against the kind of restructuring the Southern and Middle belt region wants, even at GEJ 2014 confab they were just pushing for additional state to get additional allocations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by omoharry(f): 8:29am On Jan 06, 2022
jneutron4000:
The SE type of restructuring is fraud, everything about them is criminal. A state in the North is bigger than the whole 5 states in Igbo land, Edo and Delta is bigger than SE region, only Oyo is almost the same size of SE region, YET leaders from SE region are asking for additional state, where is the land to create the state You just want extra allocation, the whole SE region ought to be receiving only 1 allocation but you are getting 5 times allocations yet the region is not developed. Why no support a return to regional government then if you like 100 more states in your region provided you will fund it and no monthly allocations is coming. Greediness
Ya! I concur.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by oyatz(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2022
shantti:

Define benue lands. Is benue a tribe. Some of the communities from ebonyi state and enugu were actually carved into benue state to make south east small and some of the communities from enugu were ceeded into kogi state.

Benue, Ebonyi ,Enugu and indeed all States were created by the FG as units of Administration, they are NOT necessarily defined as Tribal lands.
You can call for boundary adjustment but it will be difficult to annex lands in the ways you are talking about.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by BigSarah(f): 8:33am On Jan 06, 2022
jneutron4000:
it is the SE region that is against the kind of restructuring the Southern and Middle belt region wants, even at GEJ 2014 confab they were just pushing for additional state to get additional allocations.

What type of restructuring is that? If the country gets restructured(resource control, devolution of powers) will the SE get allocations from anyone?
How Does an additional state affect anyone?

This is clear indication that other regions including mine are not interested in restructuring

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by lomprico(m): 8:33am On Jan 06, 2022
In his empty mind, restructuring is based only on creating an extra stare for the SE. Foolish man.

And it's unfortunate that some tribal fools have turned it into an ethnic feud.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Bigcowhorn: 8:33am On Jan 06, 2022
Don27tiky:
stop disgracing yourself here. You go and check the map. Most part of kogi and benue are across the river. That’s why people from benue and kogi don’t need to cross any river to get to any south eastern state.

That part of Benue and Kogi border Enugu and Ebonyi to the north not Anambara to the south
You'll still cross some rivers some of which are not on the map you are looking at grin

500 naira by buss from Enugu and you are in Abkiliki, Ebonyi state.
From Abakiliki another 500 and you are Benue

Who is disgracing who again?
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by BoBiafra(m): 8:34am On Jan 06, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Must of you ibos were not talking about all this during the tenure of GEJ

Most of you guys are still in pains because the PDP lost to the APC in 2015 grin

After all this your wailing online, I'm sure you will Atikulate next year grin

I dont care about any political party in Nigeria;thats approving the fraudulent foundation = 1999 constitution ;They have to review ,draft a new people's constitution; or we all go back; to the accepted constitution; prior to independence.This aint got nothing to do; with any tribe,religion; or politcal parties ,but a true federal constitution accepted,reviewed by Nigerians ;not a military junta decree.
Thank you.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 06, 2022
BoBiafra:

I dont care about any political party in Nigeria;thats approving the fraudulent foundation = 1999 constitution ;They have to review ,draft a new people's constitution; or we all go back; to the accepted constitution; prior to independence.This aint got nothing to do; with any tribe,religion; or politcal parties ,but a true federal constitution accepted,reviewed by Nigerians ;not a military junta decree.
Thank you.
You guys were no where to be found under GEJ.

It was after GEJ lost you all came out gun blazing
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by ada9ja(f): 8:38am On Jan 06, 2022
GodHatesBigots:

Deal with Igbos ? grin

The idiots backyard is ravaged with terrorists and bandits, he has borrowed Nigeria into eternal debt, youth unemployment is 65%, poverty is escalating and people are dying - yet you think he is only dealing with Igbos ?

Daftness should become a crime.

ur ignorance should be a crime to humanity...we had debts, unemployment, poverty on the rise before he came in...people dey die everyday ooooo...... terrorists and bandits has been before he came in..............

na this kind of ur talk they promote the rise of them all...especially the killings in the east...we all know who are doing it...but we try to justify them or cover them and blame govt....yet the menace is on the rise...

the man is a failure just like the past leaders...but the greatest failure are the people he his ruling...
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by jneutron4000: 8:39am On Jan 06, 2022
BigSarah:

What type of restructuring is that? If the country gets restructured(resource control, devolution of powers) will the SE get allocations from anyone?
How Does an additional state affect anyone?

This is clear indication that other regions including mine are not interested in restructuring
The SE leaders are criminals I tell you, their definition of restructuring is additional state, for them to have extra allocation, David Umahi demonstrated the criminal of SE during the VAT saga, while Lagos and River state were insisting that states should be collecting the VAT and not Federal, they David Umahi openly opposed it, he said Federal government should continue collecting and share to every states.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by enochogaga(m): 8:39am On Jan 06, 2022
PLS IS BIHARI STILL ALIVE? grin grin
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nchenches: 8:39am On Jan 06, 2022
jneutron4000:

Lie. Other regions also asked for more states.

The CONFAB of 2014 in cosideration of the need to close the yawning gap in distribution of states between the SE and others, decided to create more states but with the SE having the largest number of the new states recommend then.

If you don’t want federal allocation to your region, Nigeria has to merge the mostly economically non viable states proliferated elsewhere so that more funds get to the surving states, the yawning gap in political representation between the SE and other regions gets reduced.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by xelly: 8:41am On Jan 06, 2022
He actually admitted one thing and that's "I have problem with SE" A mild way to say he hate SE
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by CORRECTMAN78(m): 8:42am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:
Guy talk true, buhari knows how to press your mumu button. grin

Let me translate for you in pidgin so you understand: buhari talk say make ibo leaders go check map whether any states fit contribute land take create 6th state wey don dey hungry una for decades but since then, ya leaders no gree talk about am again.

It's obvious you don't have sense. In Buhari regime, which region is in most sorry state? Igbos?

You don't have sense!
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by BoBiafra(m): 8:43am On Jan 06, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
You guys were no where to be found under GEJ.

It was after GEJ lost you all came out gun blazing

How can you build a house ;on faulty foundation?
Your 1999 constitution is a military decree ; This government promised to review?, and replace it, prior to taking over office;6 years gone by now ;he is acting like he dosnt know, what people mean, whenever they questions him ,about restructuring ;sudden dementia abi? When we ask for restructuring,Oga we are asking for a new constitutional reviews ;The one we have now, is not ours,and we didn't, draft or accept it period.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by jneutron4000: 8:43am On Jan 06, 2022
Nchenches:

Lie. Other regions also asked for more states.

The CONFAB of 2014 in cosideeation of the need to close the yawning gap in distribution of states between the SE and others, decided to create more states but with the SE haning the largest number of the new states recommend then.

Your region must then merge the mostly economically non viable states proliferated elsewhere so that more funds get to the surving states.
That's not true, the major region pushing for additional state creation is SE region, they were in charge of GEJ government so they were pushing it. The restructuring the West and SS region was hammering on was resources control and security control. David Umahi demonstrated the average mind of Igbos leaders during this VAT saga.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Juoflife1(f): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2022
Dear buhari let me create a state for you. Take ukwa east and west from abia state, take etche, oyigbo, eleme and bori and create a state. Etche has up to 4 lgas.
By the way, restructuring is not about state creation.
Nigerians too are not ready.

Baba God, abeg answer my call, make I leave this hellhole.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by orisa37: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2022
So the constitutional amendment review Committees meetings held in various geopolitical zones in the country were jokes? Na wa o.

Mr. PRESIDENT is a JOKE.

How can a President's response to restructuring agitation be issue of state creation for Ndigbo.

Mr. PRESIDENT is a JOKE.

So the state police, resource control and independence of the judiciary agreed upon by all the geopolitical zones in the South are not enough to make him understand what restructuring is all about? What a President!

What a Prostitute!

South West and North, please make una manage this una man. Na una put am there. Godforbid bad thing.

COOOOORECT.

From orisaorunto.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Daguccizgreat(m): 8:46am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:
Buhari knows how to deal with ibos sha. He doesn't shout when they shout but anytime he drops an album on them, it's always a banger.

“I have a problem with people from South-East; they said they wanted another state, as each of the geopolitical zones has six states.

“I said go and look at the map and see how many of the existing states will contribute to other states.
“That was the last I heard from them” on the matter, the President said.

Na young John produce the beat this time grin cheesy
You're shallow minded and foolish. You and your daft Buhari are exponentially mad
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Osilama1: 8:47am On Jan 06, 2022
LLiKYekoba:

Oga Ade, na state creation be the only thing wey dey restructuring abi? Una don forget una 'amotekun', VAT, regionalism etc, all because the abokey imbecilic presidiot insult Omo Ibo with state creation abi? ;

E go soon do una like filmtrick for this naijeriyya. Useless poverty stricken idiotic citizens wey like to support abokey bullies. grin
mumu without Sense same wey support atiku aboki agbaya oshi shocked grin
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by colestephan86: 8:50am On Jan 06, 2022
Gazzy88:
Buhari knows how to deal with ibos sha. He doesn't shout when they shout but anytime he drops an album on them, it's always a banger.

“I have a problem with people from South-East; they said they wanted another state, as each of the geopolitical zones has six states.

“I said go and look at the map and see how many of the existing states will contribute to other states.
“That was the last I heard from them” on the matter, the President said.

Na young John produce the beat this time grin cheesy
Lol
Leadership isn't about doing what everyone wants
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by colestephan86: 8:54am On Jan 06, 2022
nero2face:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/restructuring-my-problem-with-south-east-buhari/
If any of the five states is the size of oyo state, best believe that state will not realease it's land to for the sixth state .

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Amen2021: 8:54am On Jan 06, 2022
On a serious note, does the SE deserve another state? They don't have the population and land mass.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 06, 2022
BoBiafra:

How can you build a house ;on faulty foundation?
Your 1999 constitution is a military decree ; This government promised to review?, and replace it, prior to taking over office;6 years gone by now ;he is acting like he dosnt know, what people mean, whenever they questions him ,about restructuring ;sudden dementia abi? When we ask for restructuring,Oga we are asking for a new constitutional reviews ;The one we have now, is not ours,and we didn't, draft or accept it period.
Please show me a valid source were GMB promise to restructure Nigeria?
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by BigSarah(f): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2022
jneutron4000:
The SE leaders are criminals I tell you, their definition of restructuring is additional state, for them to have extra allocation, David Umahi demonstrated the criminal of SE during the VAT saga, while Lagos and River state were insisting that states should be collecting the VAT and not Federal, they David Umahi openly opposed it, he said Federal government should continue collecting and share to every states.

If restructuring happens they'll create additional states in the region from their pockets how is that criminal?
Will Nigeria restructure only for the SE to get additional state and still be receiving allocation? From who? your argument isn't even sound, Restructuring and state creation can't be used interchangeably.
With restructuring no more allocation from Abuja, everyone knows that..

Dave Umahi Opposed VAT because of his northern political interests, same way Tinubu opposed Grazing ban( where are the cows)...

All I know is the South east are more open to restructuring ( devolution of powers and resources control)...
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by Leshyne(m): 8:58am On Jan 06, 2022
Buhari, you had your second chance after 4 attempt and have proved to the whole Nigeria that you have nothing to offer.

We are patiently awaiting for your exit, Goodbye in advance.
Re: Restructuring: Where Will The Extra South East State Come From? - Buhari by orisa37: 9:06am On Jan 06, 2022
"Buhari knows how to deal with ibos sha. He doesn't shout when they shout but anytime he drops an album on them, it's always a banger".

He is a Fraud.

"I have a problem with people from South-East; they said they wanted another state, as each of the geopolitical zones has six states".

Misinterpretation. The IGBOS want fulI autonomy of POLICING, RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR IGBO STATES.

GIVE IGBOS A REFERENDUM. THEY WILL SAY WHAT THEY WANT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Keyamo’s Comment On Atiku / Kachikwu Vs Baru: Heavy Security At NNPC Headquarters / Boko Haram Releases Details About Leah Sharibu, Gives FG Condition For Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.