Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy (24435 Views)

Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy – Oyedepo Warns / Daddy Freeze Schools Chris Oyakhilome On Criticizing Pastors (Video) / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2022
genkins:

Is it God that set oyedepo over you? I asked you which Christian scripture corroborates what oyedepo said.. U are deeply brainwashed my friend!

I don't need to argue with you.
2 chronicles 20 Vs 20 nd Isi 44 Vs 26 are there for u see how God see his prophets nd pastors.

Ohh u don't know that God confirm d words of his servants nd perform d counsel of his messenger.

U better know d scripture for urself before queuing up with pple that don't read d scripture.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Blakpot: 8:45am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:
Bishop Oyedepo is talking to Born again Christian here bcuz we live by certain principles.

Secondly, Bishop Oyedepo talked about speaking against ministry u are in or that has been a blessing to u.

U can't be a Christian nd keep talking against church nd the things of God bcuz light can't be against light.

All Bishop Oyedepo said is d truth nd that ignorance is not an excuse in the kingdom of God.
These so called men of God are intoxicated with power and wealth they'v accumulated and don't like their authority challanged. What spiritual principle are u talking about? Was Jesus Christ unaware of this principle when he called the pharises snakes? Or when he argued with teachers at the synagogue?
God gave us the spirit of sound mind but ur pastor prefer we have fear instead. Shame on him!

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Druss(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

I think if u actually a born again Christian, u will need to read what Bishop Oyedepo said with open mind.

Everything he said is in d scripture. U can't be in a ministry that has or is blessing u nd u are insulting or criticizing d pastor or the church.

U can't be a child of light nd keep criticizing d light.

If u are not okay with the ministry or u don't like the pastor why u can't u walk or go to another ministry that will minister to u in a better way.

The truth is that u can't be blessed in a ministry or under a pastor u criticize, this is d truth. Read A-Z in d Bible, this is what d scripture says

Do state the relevant scriptures. This one, someone will state they believe without scriptural proof.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2022
iramure:
let me believe you are just pulling my legs. I can't believe someone with his senses intact can be talking like this. I'm sorry if you feel insulted. I never meant to insult you.
Who sets pastor over you.?
God must be wicked to set manipulative, greedy and scamming pastors over you. Don't you have eyes to see or ears to hear?
I fear who doesn't fear you.

I'm a born again Christian nd we live by a diff set of rules.

At least u are entitle to ur opinion about churches nd pastors, even about God.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by danot1030: 8:48am On Jan 09, 2022
Oyedepo is occultic, he's a scammer
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 8:49am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

2 chronicles 20 Vs 20 nd Isi 44 Vs 26 are there for u see how God see his prophets nd pastors.

Ohh u don't know that God confirm d words of his servants nd perform d counsel of his messenger.

U better know d scripture for urself before queuing up with pple that don't read d scripture.

I can now see where your problem is coming from. Give me a Christian scripture, you went to the old testament.. Was there Christianity in the old testament? Sorry bro, you are Not a Christian yet.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Druss(m): 8:49am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

Good you are stating verses. This is 2 Chronicles 20 v 20

And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the Lord your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

This is Isaiah 44 vs 26

Who confirms the word of His servant,
And performs the counsel of His messengers;
Who says to Jerusalem, ‘You shall be inhabited,’
To the cities of Judah, ‘You shall be built,’
And I will raise up her waste places

Could you expatiate on how the above back your points taking into account the background of the chapters?
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by adeniyi65(m): 8:49am On Jan 09, 2022
grin grin grin may be followers are men of devil
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Druss(m): 8:50am On Jan 09, 2022
genkins:

I can now see where your problem is coming from. Give me a Christian scripture, you went to the old testament.. Was there Christianity in the old testament? Sorry bro, you are Not a Christian yet.

I disagree. The old testament is part of Christian scriptures. That however is a topic for another thread.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:52am On Jan 09, 2022
iramure:
He wasn't talking to everyone, but born again christain.?.
Good!
Note this; not everyone in all his numerous "churches" is "born again" yet he collect tithe, offering, prophetic this, convenant that, kingdom partners nonsense and other numerous donations from them all not only from " born again". He should have limited his collections to only genuine born again Christian alone. Now, talking is for only born again while scamming/collection is from everyone.
Can you now see your pastor is manipulative.
Please my brother, you need to be making use of your sound mind. I wish you well.

Did any church force u to pay tithe?

Nobody has ever force giving on u or anyone. It's ur choice to give nd not to.

With all ur sound mind, I can't believe u can be talking like this.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 8:52am On Jan 09, 2022
Druss:

I disagree. The old testament is part of Christian scriptures. That however is a topic for another thread.

Why is it called old? Do you know that we now have a new testament? Do you know that Judaism is what is practiced in the old testament? Do you know that Christianity started after the death and resurrection of Christ? Why are Africans this ignorant? Do you know that the old testament is called the Torah. Do you know that as a Christian you only follow christ and no old testament prophets? Do you know that as a Christian, you are greater than all the old testament prophets combined?

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:54am On Jan 09, 2022
goslowgoslow:

Who gives him power to pronounce judgment of any set of people?

Go nd read Isi 44 Vs 26

God gives him power
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

Go nd read Isi 44 Vs 26

God gives him power
Keep deluding your self with old testament scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Druss(m): 8:58am On Jan 09, 2022
genkins:

Why is it called old? Do you know that we now have a new testament? Do you know that Judaism is what is practiced in the old testament? Do you know that Christianity started after the death and resurrection of Christ? Why are Africans this ignorant? Do you know that the old testament is called the Torah. Do you know that as a Christian you only follow christ and no old testament prophets? Do you know that as a Christian, you are greater than all the old testament prophets combined?

The Christian Bible consists of the old and new Testament. All Bibles consist of the two. You talk of ignorance and yet you ignore Jesus's teachings of doing things in love.

Does your post look like you are in this discussion with love?

It is good that you speak of the Torah and Judaism. However note that this doesn't exempt the Old Testament from the Christian Bible. It is good that you continue studying.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2022
wirinet:

Because its a free world. Jesus himself was criticized and then beeten, tortured and eventually killed. In all these, he never cursed anyone with leprosy.

If Bishop Oyedepo cannot take ordinary criticism, then he is not fit to be called a Christian.

There were no Christian when Jesus walked d earth, but any of Jesus disciples criticized him.

U can't be in the light nd criticize light, it's not possible.
Darkness is d only thing that criticize light.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by DigitalPush247: 8:59am On Jan 09, 2022
adenigga:

Hmnnnn..........

Envy. PHD SYNDROME
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2022
SatanTheDeviLL:
I am a pastor and man of god , believe me when I say oyedepo na SCAMMER

Just watch ur future for d next 5 years, time is d proof of wisdom.

Give urself time nd see d future u have proclaimed upon urself.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 9:02am On Jan 09, 2022
Druss:

The Christian Bible consists of the old and new Testament. All Bibles consist of the two. You talk of ignorance and yet you ignore Jesus's teachings of doing things in love.

Does your post look like you are in this discussion with love?

It is good that you speak of the Torah and Judaism. However note that this doesn't exempt the Old Testament from the Christian Bible. It is good that you continue studying.
Is there anyway I am teaching you without love? . That I said you are ignorant, is it a lie? That the Bible contains old and new testaments, does it make every thing in the Bible Christian? Do you stone your non virgin sisters to death if they are unmarried? Do you not eat fish without scales like catfish? Do you stone your stubborn children to death at the city gate? Are these not in the Bible? Are they not biblical?
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

Just watch ur future for d next 5 years, time is d proof of wisdom.

Give urself time nd see d future u have proclaimed upon urself.
Using empty threats like your prncipal, Oyedepo.
See, a time will come where church members will arise and beat the likes of Oyedepo up for oppression.. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Richy4(m): 9:05am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

I think if u actually a born again Christian, u will need to read what Bishop Oyedepo said with open mind.

Everything he said is in d scripture. U can't be in a ministry that has or is blessing u nd u are insulting or criticizing d pastor or the church.

U can't be a child of light nd keep criticizing d light.

If u are not okay with the ministry or u don't like the pastor why u can't u walk or go to another ministry that will minister to u in a better way.

The truth is that u can't be blessed in a ministry or under a pastor u criticize, this is d truth. Read A-Z in d Bible, this is what d scripture says
You are really a funny character buddy... Were you implying that if I am a born again Christian, that will give me the opportunity to understand what he wrote and if I'm not, I can't?....

How about approaching every thing with open mind instead of dwelling so much in what u were getting from the ministry?...

If for example u were working in an organisation and u discovered that you do not like what was happening in that organisation, do u just keep quiet and say yea, well.. I get so much blessings in this organisation,...My salary and bonus comes from this organisation, I train my kids based on what I am getting in this organisation hence, no need to say a word even when things were going wrong?

Because where I stand, that is just what I think u were implying.....
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by iramure(m): 9:08am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

Did any church force u to pay tithe?

Nobody has ever force giving on u or anyone. It's ur choice to give nd not to.

With all ur sound mind, I can't believe u can be talking like this.
no business centre.....oh sorry church will pin your neck down and force you to pay but statements like these below will...
No where in the bible where Job tithe, so his blessing wasn't secured.. bishop oyedepo.
Anyone not paying his tithe will kot make heaven period...pastor Adeboye
Only tithe secures blessing from heaven... oyedepo
You don't need to be physically manhandled to pay but emotional blackmail is the method. Once your success, promotion and blessing are all tied to tithe payment. Tell me why you wont by force.
Note also, some of the world richest are not even christains. So, guy wake and stop deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Druss(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

There were no Christian when Jesus walked d earth, but any of Jesus disciples criticized him.

U can't be in the light nd criticize light, it's not possible.
Darkness is d only thing that criticize light.

It is a two way relationship. Criticism is not a bad thing. Paul does this quite often in the New Testament when he attempts to redirect churches or people. The Bible does record Judas' criticism by the way.

It is our local culture that sees criticism as a challenge to authority. It is where we have done a fusion of Biblical culture with our local culture.

Read 1 Kings 13:11-25. For me those verses show what happens when this culture of not critiquing or challenging the direction of 'more senior elders' is applied.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Druss(m): 9:12am On Jan 09, 2022
genkins:

Is there anyway I am teaching you without love? . That I said you are ignorant, is it a lie? That the Bible contains old and new testaments, does it make every thing in the Bible Christian? Do you stone your non virgin sisters to death if they are unmarried? Do you not eat fish without scales like catfish? Do you stone your stubborn children to death at the city gate? Are these not in the Bible? Are they not biblical?

You continue in your path of passive insults and presume that I am a heifer incapable of reading between lines. I will not argue with you on this. If you think the content of the Old Testament doesn't apply that is your shelenge. Qué Sera, Sera.

For me I am clear on it. The Old Testament is a valid part of the Bible. If we don't agree on this then there is no point in continuing discourse. There is no valid ground for agreement.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by iramure(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2022
genkins:

Using empty threats like your prncipal, Oyedepo.
See, a time will come where church members will arise and beat the likes of Oyedepo up for oppression.. Mark my words
sure such time will come

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by adenigga(m): 9:13am On Jan 09, 2022
DigitalPush247:

Envy. PHD SYNDROME
Expert, please go to advertisements section, here it is.........

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2022
Who are the men of God
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by DigitalPush247: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2022
adenigga:

Expert, please go to advertisements section, here it is.........

ENVY
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by iramure(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

I'm a born again Christian nd we live by a diff set of rules.

At least u are entitle to ur opinion about churches nd pastors, even about God.
nobody will arrest you for stating your opinion. That is why I have never insulted you as I talk to you. But please try and see beyond your nose. You are in bondage.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by adenigga(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2022
DigitalPush247:

ENVY
Truth is bitter indeed!
Just comply to the laid down rules of the forum.....

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by DigitalPush247: 9:24am On Jan 09, 2022
adenigga:

Truth is bitter indeed!
Just comply to the laid down rules of the forum.....

ENVY. IIF IT WERE SEX VIDEOS, YOU WOULD BRING OUT VASELINE TO MASTURBATE HARD. ENVY
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by adenigga(m): 9:26am On Jan 09, 2022
DigitalPush247:

ENVY. IIF IT WERE SEX VIDEOS, YOU WOULD BRING OUT VASELINE TO MASTURBATE HARD. ENVY
See a typical scammer.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Speaks On Stephanie Otobo’s Confession, Reveals How Wife Reacted / CAN To Meet PFN Leadership Over Pastor Fatoyinbo’s Rape Case / Don't Joke With COVID-19 - D.K. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.