Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy (24436 Views)

Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy – Oyedepo Warns / Daddy Freeze Schools Chris Oyakhilome On Criticizing Pastors (Video) / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2022
smeag0l:
This further confirms that you know nothing about the scriptures. And if you permit me , I will school you on these verses you posted here.

Then go ahead please
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
Fredmatic:

Well I totally agree with your point but one thing you must note is that there are positive and negative criticism.
If a Christian under his ministry criticise him positively positively I see nothing wrong in it , is for a way for him to rethink and adjust his way not doing it like a master and a slave thing . Whatever I say you must obey it, if you are not please leave the ministry . Paul corrected Timothy in the bible.
In the case of that pastors he sack and one when open on sicaul media talk about it. How did he handle the case when he finally speak ? I am sure remember, that was not the best way to handle it, and when a Christian talk about it and offer a reasonable solution, someone like you will say don't talk about him or you will receive a cause.
They are like human like us who are equally subject to mistake in their preaching or afirs of life. I am totally against negative criticism and that was what happened in the bible in the case of Miriam, Moses and others.

Please we should be sensible to note all things and speak at the right time.

Yes

If u read through everything Bishop Oyedepo said, he used d word "hurt" d pastor or ministry u believe in or God has used to blessed u.

I think u know better the word hurt.
Pple abuse, curse nd say all sought of things about the pastor they believe in. That's what he's saying one should beware of
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Fredmatic(m): 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

Yes

If u read through everything Bishop Oyedepo said, he used d word "hurt" d pastor or ministry u believe in or God has used to blessed u.

I think u know better the word hurt.
Pple abuse, curse nd say all sought of things about the pastor they believe in. That's what he's saying one should beware of
I
I expected you to read with understanding but you didn't. U ignore all the point I made and focus on this only. That is the negative criticism I mention which I agree with your point.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
Fredmatic:

I
I expected you to read with understanding but you didn't. U ignore all the point I made and focus on this only. That is the negative criticism I mention which I agree with your point.

I think u need to calm down here.
Wat d Op stated as d topic nd wat Bishop Oyedepo talked about are two diff things.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by osaeti(f): 4:44pm On Jan 09, 2022
But dey lie against God everyday, and say thins God did not say, y did God not remove their eyes? Even Jesus that was the holy only truth son of God pple talk against and about him and nothing happened to dem. So who are sir Rate yourself with Jesus on a scale of 1 to 10 do u even reach 0.5

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Benrosaria(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Criticizing-men-of-God-can-cause-leprosy-Oyedepo-warns

And then the god of men will heal you with their brains, cause na them bring leprosy lololol

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

At least it's my money nd I'm responsible for how I spend it.

When a person calls himself a Christian nd start segregating old testament from new testament, then u should know that the Christianity is questionable.

The God of Abraham,Isaac, Moses, David nd co is d still d God of Paul d apostle, John d beloved, Peter nd all other Christians.

The God of old testament is d God of new testament.

God was, God is nd God is to come

I do not expect you to understand. Oyedepo has used reverse theology to confuse you.. Let's put it like this....
God had a covenant with with the children of Isreal.. I.e the old testament. They were to act in a certain way pending the coming of christ.
Now Christ came and Established a new covenant with the world.. Hence the new testament and his followers are called Christians..the old covenant is now expired
Christians and Muslims recognize the old covenant and use it to learn historically how God behaved under that covenant. We Christians are not bound by the old covenant but by the new one established by christ through his blood. I know you won't understand.

That is why the old says.. Suffer not a witch to live but the new says pray for your enemies, do good to them.
The old says make a vow unto God but the new says donot make any vows etc
In the old there was one priest who did sacrifices, one prophet who heard from God but in the new we are all priests and spiritual gifts are shared across etc
In the old, you dare not insult God's anointed without repercussions but in the new, you can beat, insult and kill them nothing will happen instead they will ask for God to forgive you like Stephen and Christ did.

Now, can you see that Oyedepo is actually an anti christ?

2nd cor 3:14
But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

You see, as long as u dwell in the old, you cannot see the light in the new. You cannot practice old and new. Choose one

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by adenigga(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
osaeti:
But dey lie against God everyday, and say thins God did not say, y did God not remove their eyes? Even Jesus that was the holy only truth son of God pple talk against and about him and nothing happened to dem. So who are sir Rate yourself with Jesus on a scale of 1 to 10 do u even reach 0.5
Yeeee, don't kill person o.......

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by goslowgoslow(m): 5:37pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

But did bishop Oyedepo write d Bible?

The scriptures I quoted was from the holy bible, why are u so angry with Bishop Oyedepo?
You quoted Isaiah 44:26 which is totally irrelevant to the question I asked. I did not see anywhere it is written there that Pastors have power to pronounce judgment on anybody ( check the attachment for different version) except of course the usual ways of turning the Bible upside down.
I am not angry with Oyedepo in particular okay?...But all the so called "gods of men" that uses Bible to brainwash people. Of course Oyedepo is inclusive!

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Invitationn: 5:47pm On Jan 09, 2022
chatinent:
They'll always find subtle quotes to meander and instill fear. Leprosy ko, kwashiorkor ni. 98% of what they do is to instill fear in their congregants so they wouldn't ever think of seeing them as false.

How about criticising false prophets? The only leprosy there is that it actually kills ignorance.

Remove tithes and offerings from the church and watch some people say the calls they claim they received from God was fever-induced.
These guys see themselves as demigods.
I rented out my apartment as serviced apartment to some Christ embassy pastors for a week; at least that was our agreement.
Their agent called me a day to the day they ought to vacate, that they want more time; till 12 noon and offered extra cash but I declined, insisting they stick to the deal, 7AM.
I called the agent at 6AM before I set out, to remind him to ensure they move out before my arrival.
I got home around 11:20AM and they were still there packing. These are guys that supposedly came for the Christ embassy program from abroad o.
The so-called pastors had the guts to threaten me for breaking in on them!
He goes do you even know we are pastors? do you have any idea what happens to people who mess with pastors? Go and ask
Long story short, I forced them out and vouch to get the overstay charges from the agent.
The whole time, the agent went MIA.
Apparently, he was a member of the church and he couldn't warn his pastors about how I was going to handle the situation because he was scared of them. His cowardice made the situation worse.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by smeag0l(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
The first verse talks about a situation where the children of Israel were at war. They were doubting whether they'll win the way because they've been disobedient to the word of God(concerning their sojourn to the promised land and the wars with the heathen)even when it came directly from the prophets. That was why the prophet made that declaration. It doesn't apply to having divergent opinions with your pastor. The problems Nigerian Christians have is that they do not read the bible because everything in the bible has a context. The second verse you posted has nothing to do with this discussion
Tobechuckwu:

Then go ahead please

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by chatinent: 6:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
Invitationn:

These guys see themselves as demigods.
I rented out my apartment as serviced apartment to some Christ embassy pastors for a week; at least that was our agreement.
Their agent called me a day to the day they ought to vacate, that they want more time; till 12 noon and offered extra cash but I declined, insisting they stick to the deal, 7AM.
I called the agent at 6AM before I set out, to remind him to ensure they move out before my arrival.
I got home around 11:20AM and they were still there packing. These are guys that supposedly came for the Christ embassy program from abroad o.
The so-called pastors had the guts to threaten me for breaking in on them!
He goes do you even know we are pastors? do you have any idea what happens to people who mess with pastors? Go and ask
Long story short, I forced them out and vouch to get the overstay charges from the agent.
The whole time, the agent went MIA.
Apparently, he was a member of the church and he couldn't warn his pastors about how I was going to handle the situation because he was scared of them. His cowardice made the situation worse.

Very irresponsible of them! Pastors my foot!
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by desiredhome: 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

I'm talking about a born again Christian which got nothing to do with Nigeria or the president.

As a born again Christian, u can never be blessed under a pastor u criticize , quote me anywhere. Life is spiritual
It is God that bless people not any Nigerian pastors or G.O.... your relationship with God your maker is what matters.......

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Drogunov: 4:11am On Jan 10, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Criticizing-men-of-God-can-cause-leprosy-Oyedepo-warns

You never see anything. Shey the criticisms have been coming in trickles, abi? They would soon be pouring in on you in torrents. Try all you can to gag the people from calling you out but you cannot gag God. God is going to expose you big time and you won't be able to stop it.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Timular: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2022
Criticizing business men like you and others in Nigeria and Africa will not attract any consequences.it is only the gullible you will deceive.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 8:34am On Jan 10, 2022
genkins:

I do not expect you to understand. Oyedepo has used reverse theology to confuse you.. Let's put it like this....
God had a covenant with with the children of Isreal.. I.e the old testament. They were to act in a certain way pending the coming of christ.
Now Christ came and Established a new covenant with the world.. Hence the new testament and his followers are called Christians..the old covenant is now expired
Christians and Muslims recognize the old covenant and use it to learn historically how God behaved under that covenant. We Christians are not bound by the old covenant but by the new one established by christ through his blood. I know you won't understand.

That is why the old says.. Suffer not a witch to live but the new says pray for your enemies, do good to them.
The old says make a vow unto God but the new says donot make any vows etc
In the old there was one priest who did sacrifices, one prophet who heard from God but in the new we are all priests and spiritual gifts are shared across etc
In the old, you dare not insult God's anointed without repercussions but in the new, you can beat, insult and kill them nothing will happen instead they will ask for God to forgive you like Stephen and Christ did.

Now, can you see that Oyedepo is actually an anti christ?

2nd cor 3:14
But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.

You see, as long as u dwell in the old, you cannot see the light in the new. You cannot practice old and new. Choose one

I thank God u just exposed urself.

Christianity started in d book of Acts of the Apostle.
There were no Christian before then .It was after d death nd resurrection of Jesus Christ that Christianity started, so u can't tell me that the new testament is for Christian when it was actually after d book of Acts upwards Christianity started.

My conclusion is God is not an author of confusion. The Bible was written as holy men were inspired by the holy ghost.

The old testament nd new testament is d word of God.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by AntiChristian: 8:35am On Jan 10, 2022
tctrills:

The bible did not say it tore them to pieces, it did not even say if it killed them

Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25)
23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

Who lied me or you?
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by AntiChristian: 8:52am On Jan 10, 2022
Benwallt:
Elisha was with God in all truth but the one here is 600,000 kilometers away from God. The words from his mouth cannot change anything

23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by AntiChristian: 8:55am On Jan 10, 2022
genkins:

Biblical but is it Christian? Remember Paul and the disciples were often beaten, christ himself was beaten and executed.. What happened to the persecutors? Christ himself prayed for them. What of Stephen that was stoned.. Are u to follow elijah/Elisha or Christ?

If they are not to be followed why are they scriptures?

2Tim. 3 Verses 16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Horlufemi(m): 9:34am On Jan 10, 2022
Giving people Perpetual Fear
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Horlufemi(m): 9:35am On Jan 10, 2022
RayRay06677:
First sign of Antichrist in this modern era is those ascribing papa, mama, daddy G.O. to themselves as that's in deviance of Jesus instruction in matt 23, direct disobedience of Christ they claim to follow. Anywhere you hear papa, mama, daddy G.O., run very fast they are against Christ.

How do I like this 1000 times?
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 3:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
Tobechuckwu:

I thank God u just exposed urself.

Christianity started in d book of Acts of the Apostle.
There were no Christian before then .It was after d death nd resurrection of Jesus Christ that Christianity started, so u can't tell me that the new testament is for Christian when it was actually after d book of Acts upwards Christianity started.

My conclusion is God is not an author of confusion. The Bible was written as holy men were inspired by the holy ghost.

The old testament nd new testament is d word of God.
I know I have lectured you well. Yes, thank you. The new covenant is contained in the new testament scriptures and like I said earlier, the new covenant started after the death and resurrection of Christ. Common sense will tell you that the new testament did not start with the death and resurrection of Christ. Rather it tells you from the preparation.. John the Baptist, the birth of christ, his works up till his death and resurrection birthing the new covenant. Boy use ur brain.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

If they are not to be followed why are they scriptures?

2Tim. 3 Verses 16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness
OK.. Like I asked.. Why not stone your non virgin sister to death or stone your stubborn children since you think all scripture is to be followed.. Abi, is it not scriptural?
Do you think that all scriptures is in the Bible? Book of Enoch, tobith, Judith, Thomas etc are they in the Bible?
Did they say all scripture is to be followed? Why did u learn about the Civil War in Nigeria? Is it for you to fight war again? Boy, use your brain pls
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by AntiChristian: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2022
genkins:

Do you think that all scriptures is in the Bible? Book of Enoch, tobith, Judith, Thomas etc are they in the Bible?
Did they say all scripture is to be followed? Why did u learn about the Civil War in Nigeria? Is it for you to fight war again? Boy, use your brain pls

Define Scripture for me from the Bible?

Which is Scripture and which is not?
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Define Scripture for me from the Bible?

Which is Scripture and which is not?

You will pay me oo.. Lol

Scriptures are all the books inspired by God and written by men.
Bible is just a canonized scripture.. Ie some group of religious leaders and politicians came together to select books they think Christians should use and leave out the rest.
Are u aware that even catholic Bible contains more books than your regular KJV?

So Bible is a subset of the entire scriptures. Jesus and his apostles never read a Bible but they read scripture
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by AntiChristian: 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2022
genkins:

You will pay me oo.. Lol

Scriptures are all the books inspired by God and written by men.
Bible is just a canonized scripture.. Ie some group of religious leaders and politicians came together to select books they think Christians should use and leave out the rest.
Are u aware that even catholic Bible contains more books than your regular KJV?

So Bible is a subset of the entire scriptures. Jesus and his apostles never read a Bible but they read scripture
You mean the council of Nicaea?
Of cos I know that the Douay Rheims Bible of the Catholics has 73 Books While that of most protestants have 66 Books.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by genkins(m): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

You mean the council of Nicaea?
Of cos I know that the Douay Rheims Bible of the Catholics has 73 Books While that of most protestants have 66 Books.

Yea.. The council of Nicaea.. U know all this things why u Kom de ask questions like these oda people wey no de read.. Lol
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by AntiChristian: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
genkins:

Yea.. The council of Nicaea.. U know all this things why u Kom de ask questions like these oda people wey no de read.. Lol

I sabi wella
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by dealerman(m): 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
Oga na lie, e no fit happen again now.
Na before, morevover most so called men of God need heavy criticism to straighten them up.Else they will be worst than politicians.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by osaeti(f): 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
adenigga:

Yeeee, don't kill person o.......

Ain't killing anybody, just try to slit some already opened throats

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by tctrills: 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
AntiChristian:

Who lied me or you?
You need to calm down, no one i's lying here.
24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

I just quoted from KJV. It read that the bears mauled the lads not killed the lads. The version you quoted said the bears tore up the lads.
Neither you nor I wrote the bible. My point was that the Bible never said the bears killed the lads. We have seen people who where attacked and mauled by bears and still survived it.
Re: Oyedepo: Criticizing Men Of God Can Cause Leprosy by Tobechuckwu(m): 3:37am On Jan 11, 2022
genkins:

I know I have lectured you well. Yes, thank you. The new covenant is contained in the new testament scriptures and like I said earlier, the new covenant started after the death and resurrection of Christ. Common sense will tell you that the new testament did not start with the death and resurrection of Christ. Rather it tells you from the preparation.. John the Baptist, the birth of christ, his works up till his death and resurrection birthing the new covenant. Boy use ur brain.

Once I noticed insult, I excuse myself from such conversation.
Do have a nice day ahead

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Speaks On Stephanie Otobo’s Confession, Reveals How Wife Reacted / CAN To Meet PFN Leadership Over Pastor Fatoyinbo’s Rape Case / Don't Joke With COVID-19 - D.K. Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.