Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night (60711 Views)

Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? / Does My Brother's Wife Have The Right To Walk Me Out Of My Brother's House ? / Zimbabwean Man Caught Having Sex At His Wife’s Funeral With A Prostitute(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by therajah: 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
RedMac:
[s]She wants to learn... Don't be a stumbling block... grin grin[/s]

Anyway... Na better beating go correct any error... Our fathers and mother's no teach us any other way to correct pikin pass flogging

By the time u flog her better flog she go understand... Say she get her own room
Wrong move! Why must you beat a child for behaving like a child. There are times to spank but not in a case like this.
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Agugbadin: 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2022
Take your stupidity off this platform.
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Daboboy(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
Barbiturate:
Na wa o! So this is a man's problem!!

People are jobless, homeless, hungry, some don't know where the next meal will come from. There are families of 5 or even 10, who live in just one room.....and your problem is how to make your 4+ years daughter stick to her room, so that you and wife can have sex in peace.

Well, Mr daddytime has answered your question.
Now u see say life no balance
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by therajah: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
proff010:
You can go to her room whenever you want to have sxx , she is already used to your bed let her be.
She's used to mum and dad, not to their bed...
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Pero003: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2022
Do not allow her to sleep after school,so that she can sleep on time then you buggle her to the next room.hahaha problem dey shea
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by ALFADOS(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
GenderMix:
Dear Esteemed Nairalanders of extreme wisdom, I have a 4+ year old daughter who is very curious and sleeps on the same bed with me and wife. Some days ago she almost caught me and wife having sex, so in the morning she asked my wife what I was doing to her…lol. Most times I hug and kiss my wife in front of her and do same to her (in her case, a peck and she reciprocates back). This is our normal lives. Sometimes, when I hug my wife before her, she gets jealous..lol

I think we made a mistake in not allowing her get used to her room from day one. We had tried to make her see reasons why she can’t continue to sleep on same bed with us but it’s all falling on deaf ears. At a point, we forced her to her room and when she woke up around 2am, all hell was let loose, I felt sympathy and told my wife to allow her into our room.

We can’t continue this way, so I need your advice (especially married couples with kids)

1. Did we make a mistake by letting her sleep on same bed with us considering she is just 4?

2. Is it too late to force her to her room?

3. How do we go about making sure she gets used to her room without disturbing us?

4. If she asks what we are doing at night, like the case where she almost caught us, what would be a good reply that would sound logical and educative for her own growth.

5. Is her jealousy normal?

Thank you
mehn we ara in the same shoes wallahi,but mine is not as old as your's can't sleep well because of her single lullabies and talk sense to her, so far you can toast her mum, do the same to her it will work but be patient with her,she get used to it
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by jaxxy(m): 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
GenderMix:
Dear Esteemed Nairalanders of extreme wisdom, I have a 4+ year old daughter who is very curious and sleeps on the same bed with me and wife. Some days ago she almost caught me and wife having sex, so in the morning she asked my wife what I was doing to her…lol. Most times I hug and kiss my wife in front of her and do same to her (in her case, a peck and she reciprocates back). This is our normal lives. Sometimes, when I hug my wife before her, she gets jealous..lol

I think we made a mistake in not allowing her get used to her room from day one. We had tried to make her see reasons why she can’t continue to sleep on same bed with us but it’s all falling on deaf ears. At a point, we forced her to her room and when she woke up around 2am, all hell was let loose, I felt sympathy and told my wife to allow her into our room.

We can’t continue this way, so I need your advice (especially married couples with kids)

1. Did we make a mistake by letting her sleep on same bed with us considering she is just 4?

3. How do we go about making sure she gets used to her room without disturbing us?

4. If she asks what we are doing at night, like the case where she almost caught us, what would be a good reply that would sound logical and educative for her own growth.

Thank you

To make her get used to her room u have to reverse the process. Go to her room and play with her, if possible sleep in her room with her.

She will eventually get used to her room. She needs company I suspect and the room is lonely and even abandoned to her.

Every other question u asked is either answered by this or irrelevant. undecided

NB: Most 4 year olds can’t sleep in a dark room by themselves at night.

So maybe u get a house help or Smtn.
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by henroo2003: 3:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
GenderMix:

Thank you

It's very wrong allowing her sleep in your room till that age. Once a child is two years of age, the child should be used to his/her room. What I think you should do now is to allow her sleep in her room, either you or your wife can stay with her till she sleeps off before leaving her. Secondly, you must always lock your room when you are with your wife. Let her realized that she has a room. Educate her to understand that her mummmy is your wife and it's only husband and wife that can kiss. Let me inform you that the children of nowadays are very smart and you must educate them well.
My daughter is 4 and I teach her to always knock at the door and wait before I allow her in. Infact my wife always send her out whenever she is dressing. Even the pecking, let her know that no one should peck her even her uncle's. Let's educate our GIRL CHILD well.... Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Flier: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Solsix:
So u have a problem like this? How everything finds its way to nairaland is what I don't understand.
Lol you can see common sense isn’t really common
Just imagine a full grown man having problem to train a 4 years old toddler
I even thought he lives in a room selfcon not knowing that he has another room

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Flier: 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
Agugbadin:
Take your stupidity off this platform.
Very stupid indeed
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by aribisala0(m): 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
You are right on that, some are lucky to have their room. In the case of a one-room family, they can make a curtain to separate the parents from the children or they can have sex when the child is not around.

I don't mean to be serious, the early years of children are a serious matter.

children will practice what they see, and if they saw their parents doing it, if they are feeling lonely or stressed or with other kids, they may try it to understand what it does.

That is the reality of poverty and the reality of Nigeria
Sadly sexual education of young children in Nigeria happens too early. My point is those who are privileged to have separate rooms should not have a blind spot for the reality of our country and society or assume their lives are representative.

Anyway children being children will explore and peep through windows grin to assuage their curiosity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by QueenAgbo(f): 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Joking what?do you want to throw her away?
How una take dey reason sef..? undecided

Iyaebe,sweetbuns,zorzzor,Saphairre etc Na only you dey operate all this your fake female monickers.

Everyone here know you are a male with a big hairy preek.
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by SeriouslySense(m): 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2022
Sadly that is true. Children are explorers, I use to peep through the window and keyhole, even when the doors are locked, its in the nature of children to expand in their consciousness, each day, is a new day for them.

aribisala0:
That is the reality of poverty and the reality of Nigeria
Sadly sexual education of young children in Nigeria happens too early. My point is those who are privileged to have separate rooms should not have a blind spot for the reality of our country and society or assume their lives are representative.

Anyway children being children will explore and peep through windows grin to assuage their curiosity
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Munzy14(m): 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
daddytime:
Hmmm...this is a very very tricky one.

Yes, this is where you guys missed it. She should have been introduced to her room by age 3 at the latest.

Never, it can't be too late. It's time to let her know who's in charge and the boss.
Kids are like "puppies or dogs". They play on your intelligence and patience to an elasticity and should you fall for the " blink-first" game, you'd remain their puppy and always at their mercy.

Like "NIKE", just do it.
Introduce her to her room, make her understand she's a big girl now and needs to act like one. The best person to implement this should be mummy. The trick should be to spend time with her gisting and telling her stories until she falls asleep. She'd rebel for a while but after a while she'd eventually get used to it.

She shouldn't be encouraged or given any reason to ask such " adult" questions. However, in a case where you both get careless and she stumbles in on you, if you weren't caught in your "birthday suites" just tell her you and mummy were praying.

Isn't she a girl? Ask her mummy grin

Patronize my signature below..
Question and answer times... grin grin
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Munzy14(m): 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Stevenbright:
She and her mum should sleep in her room. When you both need to be intimate, your wife will come to your room at night when the little child is fast asleep!
Planned sex is boring as soaked garri.. grin

Impromptu is best...Like this now, OP go wait like person weh play bet till his daughter is fast asleep.
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by olurili(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
aribisala0:

Mr Ajebutter

Her own room? Is that the Nigerian reality?

Many urban Nigerian families have one room as their entire dwelling and sometimes even two families in one room

Sometimes I see some families in such circumstances and wonder when and where they DO IT
astagafirulah,i know of a family like that in iyana ipaja,grandpa and grandma,son and his wife with two children,they are all living in a single room
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by aribisala0(m): 4:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Sadly that is true. Children are explorers, I use to peep through the window and keyhole, even when the doors are locked, its in the nature of children to expand in their consciousness, each day, is a new day for them.

Is your name Tom by any chance? grin

Anyway children will be fine in the end .
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by aribisala0(m): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2022
olurili:
astagafirulah,i know of a family like that in iyana ipaja,grandpa and grandma,son and his wife with two children,they are all living in a single room
Welcome to Nigeria
What I always wonder about is WHEN they DO IT
I suppose people in such circumstances will switch to vibrate so there is no ring tone as in gbe mi
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Olam09(m): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
GenderMix:

Tell her you're making babies grin

Thank you
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by SeriouslySense(m): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
most children do that, when I stayed with a relative, their children peep through the keyhole of the door when I want to bathe, so I put the key to block the view, and a cloth.

It's advisable to always do that.

If you are going to the toilet and they are following you, better block the keyhole. Before they see what should not be seen.

Most doors of today, are not like the doors of before, if a curious child peeps through, he will not see-through, the key path

aribisala0:
Is your name Tom by any chance? grin

Anyway children will be fine in the end .
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Munzy14(m): 4:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
GenderMix:

I think flogging is too brutal and may cause another problem for her. However, i will try to be stern about it. I appreciate your response
Don't ever go this way....And mind you, she knows you having sex with her mom..

Don't joke with keeping the doors locked...never loose guard...And thing she see or hears at this age will stamp in her mind for life...

For example; you talk true things you saw as a little boy years back, don't you reminisce them?

Just get your wife to outsmart her with bed time stories till she sleep...Then you can go ahead...

When it's vacation, she can go see her maternal mum...Or your mum it is very important for the girl child...She has a lot to learn from the elderly women which will help her understand life deeper..

Please don't let her see you and your wife in action...It will affect her growing up...Guys are not smiling...And curiousity kills the cat.

Many ladies who went the street way passed through that....Please lock your door.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by aribisala0(m): 4:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
most children do that, when I stayed with a relative, their children peep through the keyhole of the door when I want to bathe, so I put the key to block the view, and a cloth.

It's advisable to always do that.

If you are going to the toilet and they are following you, better block the keyhole. Before they see what should not be seen.

One of the things I have noticed is the sense of shame about being naked comes at a much earlier age with kids from privileged backgrounds whereas poorer kids bathe naked in communal areas up till ages 8, 9, 10.
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by SeriouslySense(m): 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You are right.
In boarding school, it was a torment for me, and in university, since people bathe outside, but I wake up early in the morning when it's very dark, to bathe. grin grin grin

aribisala0:

One of the things I have noticed is the sense of shame about being naked comes at a much earlier age with kids from privileged backgrounds whereas poorer kids bathe naked in communal areas up till ages 8, 9, 10.

Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by aribisala0(m): 4:27pm On Jan 12, 2022
SeriouslySense:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You are right.
In boarding school, it was a torment for me, and in university, since people bathe outside, but I wake up early in the morning when it's very dark, to bathe. grin grin grin

So that psychological "garden of Eden " state of unawareness of unclothedness is interesting. Shame is something that we learn it is not reality .
Also that same issue in a different way is observed in breastfeeding behaviour in public among women of different social classes
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Munzy14(m): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

Iyaebe! lipsrsealed
Iya ara... grin grin
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2022
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Pet her bribe her. Invest in games and dolls/ doll house or a pet etc. Wtv she likes. Make her room more attractive or have another baby. This might get her occupied.

4. Say nada.

5. Of course it's normal
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by SeriouslySense(m): 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
Am not an expert, but you are right, shame is a learned trait. There are some tribes, who go about their daily lives, almost naked, and they are not ashamed.

aribisala0:
So that psychological "garden of Eden " state of unawareness of unclothedness is interesting. Shame is something that we learn it is not reality .
Also that same issue in a different way is observed in breastfeeding behaviour in public among women of different social classes
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by kernniejay(m): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
RedMac:
[s]She wants to learn... Don't be a stumbling block... grin grin[/s]

Anyway... Na better beating go correct any error... Our fathers and mother's no teach us any other way to correct pikin pass flogging

By the time u flog her better flog she go understand... Say she get her own room
Flogging an innocent loving daughter because she likes to sleep in your bed with you is cruel and barbaric. It's because she loves her parents and wants to be with them always thats why she sleeps with them in their bed.
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by chris51(f): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
Stevenbright:
She and her mum should sleep in her room. When you both need to be intimate, your wife will come to your room at night when the little child is fast asleep!

Decorate the girl's room to look attractive. At night tell her stories untill she falls asleep. Get her a good teddy bear that will be her companion. Go to your room and lock your door.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
daddytime:
Hmmm...this is a very very tricky one.

Yes, this is where you guys missed it. She should have been introduced to her room by age 3 at the latest.

Never, it can't be too late. It's time to let her know who's in charge and the boss.
Kids are like "puppies or dogs". They play on your intelligence and patience to an elasticity and should you fall for the " blink-first" game, you'd remain their puppy and always at their mercy.

Like "NIKE", just do it.
Introduce her to her room, make her understand she's a big girl now and needs to act like one. The best person to implement this should be mummy. The trick should be to spend time with her gisting and telling her stories until she falls asleep. She'd rebel for a while but after a while she'd eventually get used to it.

She shouldn't be encouraged or given any reason to ask such " adult" questions. However, in a case where you both get careless and she stumbles in on you, if you weren't caught in your "birthday suites" just tell her you and mummy were praying.

Isn't she a girl? Ask her mummy grin

Patronize my signature below..
you have valid points but as for the prayer part I disagree what if she begins "praying" with other kids.
Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by Munzy14(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
Twoclans:

Haaaaaaaaaa shocked

I hope you are just catching cruise.

@ OP please discount this opinion.
Lmaooo

1 Like

Re: My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night by kernniejay(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2022
[quote author=daddytime post=109237597]Hmmm...this is a very very tricky one.

Telling her that they are praying when they are actually making love is a wrong answer. If they tell her in the church or school that it is good to pray, she will like to also "pray" with someone. It is better they just tell her that they are playing the kind of play that only dad and mom should play.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / Woman Celebrates Her Marriage Breakup With Cake / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Nairalander And His Pregnant Fiancée

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.