Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? (47479 Views)

Nigerian Reggae Music Of The 1980s And 1990s / Music Of Yoruba Origin Should Be Studied As A Course In Nigeria-Reno Omokri / Does Music Taste Define Your Relationship Or Societal Status? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Mercury12(m): 8:34am On Jan 13, 2022
Angela Kodjo song in Yoruba drives home the point and made her won Grammy ! ! !

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by naijapikin2(m): 8:34am On Jan 13, 2022
So so true. Reno on point. But locally its the igbos that monopolize the gospel industry

4 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by helinues: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2022
tunjilana:

They all blew in Lagos....U cant take away the lagos effect...cos lagos is a representation of all Nigerians. Once lagosians like the song, they will take it to all their villages...Now that Internet and social media even exist to make it easy to share. Capture lagos and capture Nigeria.the guy from chibok who lives in lagos and likes Olamide will take the song to chibok, same as the guy from Otuoke or Daura

They were talented back from their home state before traveling to Lagos to market themselves.

Over average Millionaires in New York are not New Yorkers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Angelfrost(m): 8:35am On Jan 13, 2022
Hate him all you want, this man writes exceptionally well!

His grasp of realities and facts is unassailable.

17 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Lamasta(m): 8:35am On Jan 13, 2022
Reno has said it all nothing to add again but implementation

9 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by helinues: 8:35am On Jan 13, 2022
kenex4ever:
where were they based, where do dey sell their music

Where is Phyno from, where is he based? Where is he marketing his music?

4 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by omenkaLives(m): 8:36am On Jan 13, 2022
ObianujuAku1:
I swear
I was reading comments and laughing out loudly

suddenly he's no longer Reno Omokery cheesy and no longer pressing mumu button
Tinubu urchins sef

cc
omenkalives
Bloodykiller, you know me na. For me, he remains an unbridled asshole, today, tomorrow and forever. Like Reno, like FFK, like Deji.

Na una heads those fools fit use, not mine. You know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by DamianX: 8:36am On Jan 13, 2022
When this same man says yorubas are fools and Igbos are the richest and most successful in Nigeria the descendants of demons will start crying.

Now them Dy suck Reno dick like lolly pop grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Angelfrost(m): 8:36am On Jan 13, 2022
ayindejimmy:
This is so right.
Right from Fela Yoruba musicians have been paving the way and pioneering new genre of music from Africa to the world.

I just hope haters will read this with an unbiased mind

No, they won't!

That's why they are haters! Ignorance and daftness are parents of hatred.

3 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by whitedove(m): 8:37am On Jan 13, 2022
helinues:

But the first set of top musician artists from SW are not even from Lagos state.

Fela - Ogun state
King Sunny Ade- Ondo state
Obey - Ogun state
I.K Dairo - Kwara state
I K DAIRO is from ijebu ijesa in Osun State.

9 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by flokii: 8:37am On Jan 13, 2022
Wiifesnatcher:

that's why you see the increase in Igbo ladies marrying Yoruba, my wife is igbo, her sister just informed us of her introduction with a Yoruba man and I was surprise how they met because she's in Abia state

my wife just adopted Temitope as her Yoruba name lol, even though Ikenna was given to me where I Served in Anambra state

igbo knew Yoruba people are very important and the heart of Entertainment in Nigeria, dey just dey do strong head, Yoruba l'agba

Yoruba l'agba o.. anyday, anytime.

You guys marrying their girls have mind sha.. not with they way they are raised by their parents to hate other tribes for no reason.
Just make sure you give your kids full Yoruba names and not the Igbo+Yoruba combo we see around these days causing confusion here and there. #Cheers!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Dedemworld: 8:37am On Jan 13, 2022
SonofLothbrok:
A music that fellow Africans don't like is not music.

Nigerian music is full of noise. The only reason Nigeria music are in the top chart of Mtv Africa is because Nigerians knows how to bribe their way to the very top.

Can u tell us who they re bribing ??

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by porthouse7(f): 8:38am On Jan 13, 2022
even zazu wey dey sing and talk rubbish blow because he's yoruba... just sing in yoruba language u will blow

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by chriskosherbal(m): 8:38am On Jan 13, 2022
I know this thread go reach front page ..

Cos some tribal bigot will be salivating with it . grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:38am On Jan 13, 2022
otipoju:
No big deal. Its because cosmopolitan Lagos is the epicenter of the entertainment industry and commercial capital of Nigeria. Lagos is in Yorubaland and dominated by Yorubas .

Nevertheless since all Nigerian tribes live there and they have relatives in other parts of nigeria and abroad...anything that breaks through in Lagos, a yoruba city will become popular in the Nigerian hemisphere.

That is why lagos is called " Eko for Show"

You are a big joker. Lagos that is called a no man's land when you want to win an argument is now a Yoruba state. Keep on being the huge joker that you are

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Dedemworld: 8:39am On Jan 13, 2022
Antoeni:
Because of Amala & Ewedu

Including, Akpu and Abacha

2 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Tranquillity360: 8:39am On Jan 13, 2022
ACRI:

Ritual killing is in all parts of Nigeria
But it's more in yoruba land.

1 Like

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by ambale(m): 8:39am On Jan 13, 2022
Nigeria is so blessed with beautiful and resourceful tribes spread across her

But the problem has been using this same blessing as a curse on ourselves

Imagine some are already blasting the speaker

When every tribe also has her own uniqueness

Let's quit the hate and see the best part of ourselves and see how we grow very fast.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by porthouse7(f): 8:39am On Jan 13, 2022
johntolu:

I am sure you have not listen to any of Osita Osabebe's musical collections.
You may want to start with the 'Osondi Owendi' album, below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZozFgBoVw
dat 1 no sing past east

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by bluefilm: 8:40am On Jan 13, 2022
Okay...

No wonder Bob Hearts Abishola is actually a Yoruba-American TV Series.

7 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by klamba(m): 8:40am On Jan 13, 2022
Even Angelique Kidjo mother is yoruba and her father is fon that is related to Egun,So Yoruba lineage is there..same apply to burna boy her mother is yoruba and father rivers state.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Tranquillity360: 8:40am On Jan 13, 2022
SOFTSKILL:

Osu dey disguise, Aba made Jew of Mpuru miri clan
Afonja pikin where is oduduwa from,did it really fall down from sky?

3 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Unconquerable: 8:41am On Jan 13, 2022
I am Ibo but this is 100% correct. No need for unnecessary vitriol here. Also, Seal of Kiss From A Rose, Sade Adu, Lighthouse Family, etc.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Dedemworld: 8:41am On Jan 13, 2022
Armaggedon:
Yorubas are good in music and Yorubas are best in music are two afferent statements. I'll wait until he makes the second statement which obviously he is afraid of making.

A word is enough for a wise, must he use the whole mouth to talk b4 u comprehend his opinion...

3 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by basty: 8:41am On Jan 13, 2022
Hope Igbos will not start attacking Yoruba music like Tinubu?

12 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Angelfrost(m): 8:42am On Jan 13, 2022
Igbochief001:
I have always said the difference between Yoruba and Igbo is simple ...yorubas are largely passion driven while we Igbos are money driven

That's why yorubas Excell in arts even coding is Passion driven reason u see them succeed more
Money or no money Yoruba would still do it

Reason u see Igbos in the money making aspects of music industry ... marketing, promotion n distribution

If davido was Igbo he would have stopped music long ago ...Neto c comes to mind ...rich kid now managing family business empire

If wiskid was Igbo Baba for done invest tire ..music money would seem like a waste of time

Beautiful summary of the reality!!!

I will pretend that you are not bigoted! tongue

6 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by Tranquillity360: 8:42am On Jan 13, 2022
helinues:

Mynd44 Lalasticlacla Oamj4 Mukina Seun Dominique
Rule 1
Cry cry Baby.

So it's now a crime to say the truth

2 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by vickydevoka(m): 8:42am On Jan 13, 2022
Igbochief001:
I have always said the difference between Yoruba and Igbo is simple ...yorubas are largely passion driven while we Igbos are money driven

That's why yorubas Excell in arts even coding is Passion driven reason u see them succeed more

Reason u see Igbos in the money making aspects of music industry ... marketing, promotion n distribution

If davido was Igbo he would have stopped music long ago ...Neto c comes to mind ...rich kid now managing family business empire

If wiskid was Igbo Baba for done invest tire ..music money would seem like a waste of time
Very very right. Not all Igbos are money driven
Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by kenex4ever(m): 8:43am On Jan 13, 2022
helinues:

Where is Phyno from, where is he based? Where is he marketing his music?
exactly my point, Phyno has been Phyno and dominated rap in SE but he broke into lagos once he joined force with Olamide and there is a language lagos like to promote in his songs.

Timaya dominated SS but when he got to lagos, he went global. Its all about promotion

5 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by clothingonline(m): 8:43am On Jan 13, 2022
Even burner album was seen and recorded 70 percent local language to attain Grammy

5 Likes

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by maestroferddi: 8:44am On Jan 13, 2022
NGpatriot:
Igbo music outside igbo people and igboland is not sweet to the ears, the agent is jarring, too strong and not sensual..

Stop talking what you don't know...

Must you drag Igbo in to feel fulfilled?

The Igbo songs done by P-Square in their prime were chart toppers when they were reigning...

Music is like a cycle ..it goes in turns.

Right now, most visible singers from Nigeria are Yorubas...in the future the balance will shift.

It is like this Burna Boy of an artist: He was largely an average singer but hit gold just from nowhere and today people are ascribing some funny adjectives to him...I personally don't like his songs.

Igbo music is also great.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RENO - Why Does Music Of Yoruba Origin Breakthrough Globally ? by vickydevoka(m): 8:44am On Jan 13, 2022
Igbochief001:

Very very right. Not all Igbos are money driven ..

You will see Yoruba man studying zeology and horticulture in u.k because he loves animal and flower. Buh u see Igbo man , if him try am him papa go disown am for that u. K.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Pasuma Alabi Arabambi Or Saheed Osupa Matagbamole / Top 20 Biggest And Most Popular Songs In Nigeria 2016 / West African Idols: Season 1 (2007)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.