Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,783 members, 7,824,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. (37299 Views)

UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals / I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by pocohantas(f): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
aboyaji:
grin grin grin. When Pocohantas and ishilove collide. Very Atomic

Collide ke? Me and Ishi no fit collide. We quarrel and we make up. cheesy

This your brother that likes omo wobes, don’t you think he is an omo wobe himself?
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by sisisioge: 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
NoToPile:

Just like that grin
Loool that one kuku off me.

I personally wouldn't do that in my brother's or sister house without hinting her about it and I would have told her before they prepared the swallow.

But then that is just me, different people different behaviors..

I swearit, especially since she knows the aunty got now chills. Me no dey pass my boundary o....person wey nice sef, I never go visit, na the one wey dey show me say I no dey welcome I go go visit? Honestly, while we love to be free with families,we should recognise boundaries biko.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by yaki84: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
The dayi will marry, i go just tell my people to be observant, if they see say i don dey misbehave and my wife dey control me anyhow without me doing anything, make dem find better rope come tie me, bundle me go keep for my family house.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by lookingfly: 12:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
Yinkakolawole:
That`s how you too gonna be if you get married & your husband siblings are coming to ya place to stay, or for a visit. Majority of you Women always like to act strange to ya husband family members after getting married to them..
you act funny to my people after marriage and i get fed up after asking you to comply a couple of times, I would just send you parking to go cool off in your family house for sometime so that sense go come back
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by aboyaji(m): 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
pocohantas:

This your brother that likes omo wobes, don’t you think he is an omo wobe himself?

As in, his life tire me. I've seen enough.

Even this December that I paid him a visit. I went because his baby mama was still in their family house in another state. I told him that we needed to talk. I told him that the way I visualize him is different from the product of his life. Since he's going home that December, he should make sure he spent time with mom. Tell mom how your life has been going and every mother has solutions to their children's needs. Both spiritual or physical.

Guess what?

You guessed right.

When he visited mom in the East with his supposed baby mama cum wife-to-be, he left same day without having a heart-to-heart discussion with mom. Mom you hadn't visited since dad died and you're the 2nd child. You're 37 or 38 this January.

I was furious when I learned he left same day.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Mariangeles(f): 1:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
NoToPile:

Seriously @ bolded grin grin

You Wan chook mouth for husband and wife mata? You go collect small.

grin grin grin grin cheesy

That one don pass husband and wife matter na.
If your brother's wife can say that to your brother, right in your presence, it means she doesn't regard nor respect you na.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by pocohantas(f): 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2022
aboyaji:

As in, his life tire me. I've seen enough.

Even this December that I paid him a visit. I went because his baby mama was still in their family house in another state. I told him that we needed to talk. I told him that the way I visualize him is different from the product of his life. Since he's going home that December, he should make sure he spent time with mom. Tell mom how your life has been going and every mother has solutions to their children's needs. Both spiritual or physical.

Guess what?

You guessed right.

When he visited mom in the East with his supposed baby mama cum wife-to-be, he left same day without having a heart-to-heart discussion with mom. Mom you hadn't visited since dad died and you're the 2nd child. You're 37 or 38 this January.

I was furious when I learned he left same day.

Lol. His type are scattered around and people telling you to slow down are not doing so out of hate, but for your own sanity. When you have your own family, it would become more tasking to carry the affairs of a grown man on your head. Your wife wouldn’t find it funny and she is right.

He knows what he is doing. Don’t be surprised he thinks you people do not regard him because he is broke. So in his mind, his wife is his only ally. Keep calling him, keep helping him when you can, but do not go to their house. He’ll be fine. smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Ishilove: 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Like attracts like. They will still use bottle reshape his head grin
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Sarsaproko: 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ishilove:

I'm a good gal and I never gravitated to bad boys. In fact, they scared me.

Yimu..

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Davesaves(m): 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2022
Person go still marry this one oo.. chai, I pity him in advance because the distance between him and "Peace of mind" go be like from Naija to Australia
Realestbae:
ode! leave Ur brother's family alone. Mind you is her home nt urs. It nt bad enough that d whole family is leeching on him but U also want to invade her home. African entitlement mentality with their blood is thicker than water but if smtin happens to d brother is d wife that will single handedly take care of d children he will leave behind uncle n aunty go yapa. See Ur mouth like " his own family" my friend his own family is his wife n kids gt that into your head

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Solofresh2: 1:22pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Regardless of your opinions of this girl, it really isn't your place to tell your brother who he can or who he can't marry or keep as wife. This is your brother's business that you keep trying to make yours. undecided

Your brother knows the way out of the relationship if that is what he desires, so leave him and mind your own life and business please. undecided

Yes, he is your brother but the moment he decided to hitch his trailer with this woman, he ceased primarily as your brother and became this woman's partner. You really ought to respect that. undecided
You are actually right but if anything happens to his brother,he will be informed and might be his responsibility right?
Let's call a spade a spade
What is wrong is wrong

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by pocohantas(f): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ishilove:

Like attracts like. They will still use bottle reshape his head grin

They come off as two mad people that have an understanding. cheesy
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Davesaves(m): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2022
where this one even stand. Abeg stay one place make the thunder fit locate u easily..
Saintmary:

This is so true.
Money stops nonsense
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by prophetfire: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Rachel98:
He's my elder brother, not my uncle.
. Your brother is a mumu simp. Leave him to carry his simping cross. Simps enjoy suffering and oppression.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Davesaves(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
O boy, from the comments here, it shows some people have never experienced the bliss that comes with family love. Some never had any family.. So Sad.

2 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by kkins25(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ishilove:

It makes me you wonder at their psychological health. It is like they gravitate to the worst of the worst

there are some that would masquerade all the trauma under the declaration of " it is well".

Until somebody turns up dead.. i remember the idols of my street back in naija. you could hear their morning and night devotions from another street. they appeared perfect to the core. Not until the wife started falling sick, hmmmm the woman's death really touched me.

it was not until her death that stories started coming up. the woman had been enduring physical and verbal abuse. Everybody knew of my moms marriage drama-unfortunately. this woman was part of the once advicing my mom. who would have thought that she was enduring the same thing.

this woman was bedridden for many months, only to come back well, and restart the marriage brouhaha. she probably had a brain tumour. i'm not sure. they'd had engaged in "mortal kombat" even though her health was deteriorating... E pain me,,, E pain me.... she was gentle, nice and very friendly. hmmm... mehn, mehn..

i couldn't believe my ears.. it was either i was dreaming or i had lost my senses.

For how long would women suffer under the delusion of "for the sake of my children" ? for how long? it may be naive of me to ask such though.

2 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by LordReed(m): 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
Rachel98:
Good morning everyone. Hope we're having a wonderful week.

My Elder brother is doing well, no doubt he's the breadwinner in our family But his wife is so rude, too authoritative, she's full of pride and she looks down on people. She see everyone as her employee, she does not care if her actions or words hurts you, she's quick to slap at any slightest provocation. She's an event planner, please are event planners this rude??

She's the main reason why we barely visit our brother, despite we all live in the same city, we feel like a total stranger in our brother's house. Probably she's using "jazz" on him, I don't know But everything she does seems cool to him.

I managed to spend the weekend with them, since on friday she act like my presence irritates her. The maid prepared semo and vegetable soup, i don't eat swallow that like, so she saw me cooking noodles, she rudely said why're you not eating semo? Why are you people so selective? Then she left the kitchen. I just maintained my cool.

Yesterday she slapped her maid just because the plantain she told her to fry wasn't brown enough (maybe she wanted burnt sacrifice plantain). My elder brother calmly said honey you shouldn't have slapped her just becus of plaintain. The next she told my brother was "Defender!! go and marry her nw"

This morning, I jejely packed my belongings on my way to work, I entered my brother's car so he can drop me at the bus-stop, I just told him I won't be coming to his place anymore, once I'm done with work today I'm going home straight. And the annoying part, he would be asking me why? As if he's blind, he can't see how rude and ill-mannered his wife is.

His wife has really separated my brother from us, his own family. We don't even know what to do.

I think your brother can see all that is wrong, he has just resigned himself to carrying his cross.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Mariangeles(f): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2022
Quinex2:
Seriously, very foolish comments from some folks here. Giving your married siblings space shouldn't imply keeping off completely .

I mean, we've been together before the wife came in, then we abandon you all of a sudden because you got a wife? Trust you wouldn't be needing us when trouble comes?

I will lose every respect for any of my brothers that sees the wife disrespect his family, yet, does nothing to call her to order.

Funnily, most times, the so called wife behaves differently towards her own relatives, but wants to treat her husband's with disdain because she's securing her territory? She must be a very foolish woman.

Seriously.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by uckyra: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Regardless of your opinions of this girl, it really isn't your place to tell your brother who he can or who he can't marry or keep as wife. This is your brother's business that you keep trying to make yours. undecided

Your brother knows the way out of the relationship if that is what he desires, so leave him and mind your own life and business please. undecided

Yes, he is your brother but the moment he decided to hitch his trailer with this woman, he ceased primarily as your brother and became this woman's partner. You really ought to respect that. undecided
thank you for telling him this what is his own problem?because his brother hasn't married her yet maybe due to money ,he is talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Mariangeles(f): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Continue. When you do it in offline, be nice enough to come tell me how that scene played out. We would know who is more in touch with reality. grin

I don't bring my family topics to nairaland.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by pocohantas(f): 1:58pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mariangeles:

I don't bring my family topics to nairaland.

Naso

4 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by karli4nia(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Yes a lot of women maltreat domestic staff, but there are some who do not. I have my shortcomings, but I have never had cause to maltreat a subordinate or domestic staff. There are times I have had to be assertive because they sometimes get too comfortable and start slacking in their duties, but that is about it.

A wicked woman is a wicked woman. I personally can tell a wicked person by reading them, I don’t even need to see them. I am that sensitive. You can’t disguise for me.

Lol, but i have been keeping your kitchen and crib, spick and span, been a good house keeper, yet you still maltreat me, why must my case be different... grin
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by pocohantas(f): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
karli4nia:

Lol, but i have been keeping your kitchen and crib, spick and span, been a good house keeper, yet you still maltreat me, why must my case be different... grin

Lol. The kitchen is one part of a house my domestic staff cannot have access to. I guess that is why I have been maltreating you. Stick to common areas and you’ll be fine. kiss
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by uckyra: 2:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
aboyaji:

You people don't just read and start typing. Most of you commenters have no such experience, nor very close family. I'll buttress this.

I have 4 brothers and a sister including myself which is 5 guys and a girl (totalling 6 people) in my family.

Our 3rd bro is married to a very lovely girl. She accommodates everyone. She was very young when she came into our family (20). She even calls me her husband and I call her my wife. I'm always confident and comfortable calling her by such name because she's worth it and more. We talk on video calls all the time unending.

She always asks us when next we'd visit. She should be 25 or 26 now. Her husband is financially stable. We all could visit at once and she'd accommodate us all. Mind you, we're all grownups. No issues whatsoever. Our eldest brother is too proud of her. He should be 40 soon.

Our 2nd brother is the one in the mess now. He has a baby mama. Now, the girl wants to be converted to a wife by all means. But before that, here's the story....

I shared an apartment with this our 2nd brother. We did things together. We shared rents together. Cook and eat together until he got a girl pregnant. Because of this, I moved out and started living with a friend to give them space since he had to take care of the girl. One day, due to some irregularities in my friend's house, I couldn't bath their at the time. I took a bike to my brother's place (our shared apartment) to have a quick bath only and get to work early. I met this girl alone in the house. I told her my intentions and situations on ground for coming and I didn't visit frequently since I moved. Guess what she said; "you'll replace the water after taking your bath". I was shocked.

I took my bath and left. One other time, I had a particular cloth I wanted to wear to work. I remembered I had left it in that our shared apartment. I went their to get it. On reaching the apartment, I told her why I came. I went in, opened the wardrobe. Behold, this girl left what she was doing, came and stood behind me to see what I was taking. Me?

Then I opened the fridge to pick a satchet of water, she moved toward the fridge to still know what I was picking. I was mad internally. I didn't speak of it. I called my brother and told him all of those she did. My brother said it's not a serious something.

Now, I live in my own home alone. The girl had put to bed and I hadn't seen their child. This new year, the came back from the East with the new child. My brother called that they're back. I said I'd come see them officially. That is my duty.

Same day, same night, I took my woman to greet them from a distance I live. On reaching, I didn't meet my brother but the lady and child. She barely opened the door. I even asked her to open the door that I'd stay till my brother came back. She barely opened her mouth to greet us. After that, she didn't say anything again. No "welcome take seat". No "will you guys drink water"?

We stood until I motioned my woman to sit after pulling out a seat behind the door. I sat on the floor.

The lady didn't say anything. She was just watching some TV programs. A small girl of 22-23 ooo!!! Shortly, she saw the footwear I came in with and said "you came in with shoe into our house". I was like shocked

I waited patiently. Shortly, she stood up, grabbed a broom and started sweeping the already neat floor at that time of the night. That was when I stood up and went outside. My woman followed suit.

We were outside in the night by 10pm till my brother came back. We went in. My brother had to go to the kitchen to make eba for everyone to eat. Her baby mama wife-to-be sat doing nothing. The baby was even sleeping. We ate, gisted and went home.

I know my brother won't see anything bad in whatsoever she does. He grants all her requests. He even calls us and ask us to please call her wife from time to time. Who does that? You don't force love.

None of my family members welcome her presence in the family at this moment.

Her problem is always telling my brother that she'd take flight to her family house. She'd take flight to some other location. My brother, who's a hustling guy for that matter. The last rent he paid was 130k and he didn't pay once.
let ur brother be,you are talking nonsense, u lack respect self,you bear something in mind for her,because she hasn't being married yet,u don't even no how ur life n wife will turn out to be tomorrow. respect his decision u arnt married yet.

1 Like

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Give400: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2022
Rachel98:
you don't get it....She has PhD degree in sociology & Anthropology

But what she does for a living is planning of events. She really a professional in her job. Sometimes I wonder how she treats her staff.... She's so mean and rude
You hate her cos you a lady. I won't be surprised your male siblings won't see anything wrong with her
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by like1: 2:25pm On Jan 18, 2022
Rachel98:

My Elder brother is doing well, no doubt he's the breadwinner in our family But his wife is so rude, too authoritative, she's full of pride and she looks down on people. She see everyone as her employee, she does not care if her actions or words hurts you, she's quick to slap at any slightest provocation. She's an event planner, please are event planners this rude??

She's the main reason why we barely visit our brother, despite we all live in the same city, we feel like a total stranger in our brother's house. Probably she's using "jazz" on him, I don't know But everything she does seems cool to him.

I managed to spend the weekend with them, since on friday she act like my presence irritates her. The maid prepared semo and vegetable soup, i don't eat swallow that like, so she saw me cooking noodles, she rudely said why're you not eating semo? Why are you people so selective? Then she left the kitchen. I just maintained my cool.

Yesterday she slapped her maid just because the plantain she told her to fry wasn't brown enough (maybe she wanted burnt sacrifice plantain). My elder brother calmly said honey you shouldn't have slapped her just becus of plaintain. The next she told my brother was "Defender!! go and marry her nw"

This morning, I jejely packed my belongings on my way to work, I entered my brother's car so he can drop me at the bus-stop, I just told him I won't be coming to his place anymore, once I'm done with work today I'm going home straight. And the annoying part, he would be asking me why? As if he's blind, he can't see how rude and ill-mannered his wife is.

His wife has really separated my brother from us, his own family. We don't even know what to do.

No take am to heart, when you marry you will understand. Most of Naija ladies are like that, they really like to oppress others. It's in their DNA, that slapping the maid, should have revealed all to you.

If I am you, I will stop going to your brother's house since you have a family house in same city. You guys should just allow her. Relate with your brother outside, on phone or when he comes to the family house.

Na so most naija ladies be when it comes to in-laws, especially if na their husband get the money. There are few though, even though they are angry inside but they get conscience and pretend to accept in-laws.But then it's nice they pretend.

Your bro is not jazzed, he just doesn't want verbal alterations. She will continue like that, till one day your bro is fed up and change it for her.

After you have married, you will understand your bro.
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by kkins25(m): 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
mployer:

You are all talking rubbish.

If something happens to the man tomorrow, the first question will be, where are his people?
No sir, no one can do anything but advice the brother. if the brother does not heed to advice then nothing anyone can do.
when the brother eventually realizes then one can support him back to his feet or let him rot. There are more brothers out there who maltreat the wives of their brothers, especially when the husband is deceased.
Besides what are you expecting his people to do? tie the brother up and chase the wife away? or what?
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by mekuso89(m): 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
Yinkakolawole:
That`s how you too gonna be if you get married & your husband siblings are coming to ya place to stay, or for a visit. Majority of you Women always like to act strange to ya husband family members after getting married to them..
Especially when their husbands are the bread winner
Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Mariangeles(f): 2:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
hahn:

Your brother is a victim of emotional abuse and like every man his ego will not allow him seek help or speak up.

You will need to talk sense into him and get him to open up.

I once read a story about a guy who seemingly cut off from his friends and distanced himself from his family.
Until one time when one of his old friends ran into him and decided to follow him home, even though the guy tried to make excuses to avoid his friend going to his house with him.

Turns out, he was badly being emotionally abused by his wife.
Even with the friend visiting, the wife slapped him for not filling the gas cylinder.
Then, it all made sense to the friend why the guy cut off from them and his family.

They shaa had to save the guy from the toxic wife.
As at the point of sharing that story, the guy was still receiving treatment.

I thought this could've been any of my brothers, then I asked one of them "If you were in this kind of situation where you were being emotionally abused and couldn't do anything, would you want me to help you out?" He said "yes".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by stevestifler(m): 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2022
Her behaviour towards you guys is exactly what your brother allows and tolerates. Hold your brother responsible, not her.
If he is too weak to be a man in his own house, then his wife shouldn't be blamed for that

Rachel98:

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Kobojunkie: 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
ChybuzzDD:
You guys should stop giving this kind of stupid advice.
It's not his business, but when he dies prematurely, his family will be called to spend their money on his burial, right?
Anything they can do now to save their brother/son, is in order.
This pretense must stop
Stop with the emotional bullsheet .. how is he going to die because he has a woman who is rude to others as his mate? Many of you need to learn how to separate concerns when approaching issued. undecided

He chose to love these women, not once but at least twice. What wil you for yiur brother? Switch out his brain? undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Glycolite: 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
pocohantas:

Imagine staking his life over toto. Nawa. To born boy done dey fear me.

When you become pregnant of one,abort him !
Or better still,pray for gays !

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives / Woman And Her Husband Side Chick Battle On Whatsapp Chat (pics) / As A Teen, Did You Do Anything To Stimulate Hair Growth?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.