Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,727 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. (37263 Views)

UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / I Have Been Having An Affair With My Elder Brother's Wife – Nigerian Man Reveals / I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Their Sitting Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Rachel98(f): 10:05am On Jan 17, 2022
Good morning everyone. Hope we're having a wonderful week.

My Elder brother is doing well, no doubt he's the breadwinner in our family But his wife is so rude, too authoritative, she's full of pride and she looks down on people. She see everyone as her employee, she does not care if her actions or words hurts you, she's quick to slap at any slightest provocation. She's an event planner, please are event planners this rude??

She's the main reason why we barely visit our brother, despite we all live in the same city, we feel like a total stranger in our brother's house. Probably she's using "jazz" on him, I don't know But everything she does seems cool to him.

I managed to spend the weekend with them, since on friday she act like my presence irritates her. The maid prepared semo and vegetable soup, i don't eat swallow that like, so she saw me cooking noodles, she rudely said why're you not eating semo? Why are you people so selective? Then she left the kitchen. I just maintained my cool.

Yesterday she slapped her maid just because the plantain she told her to fry wasn't brown enough (maybe she wanted burnt sacrifice plantain). My elder brother calmly said honey you shouldn't have slapped her just becus of plaintain. The next she told my brother was "Defender!! go and marry her nw"

This morning, I jejely packed my belongings on my way to work, I entered my brother's car so he can drop me at the bus-stop, I just told him I won't be coming to his place anymore, once I'm done with work today I'm going home straight. And the annoying part, he would be asking me why? As if he's blind, he can't see how rude and ill-mannered his wife is.

His wife has really separated my brother from us, his own family. We don't even know what to do.

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Cyphar(m): 10:08am On Jan 17, 2022
you should just leave her and let her be. your uncle saw her like tht before he married her ..

81 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Rachel98(f): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2022
Cyphar:
you should just leave her and let her be. your uncle saw her like tht before he married her ..
He's my elder brother, not my uncle.

256 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Cyphar(m): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2022
Rachel98:
He's my elder brother, not my uncle.

be it your elder brother, your uncle, just help him with prayers

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by flington4550(m): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2022
So disheartening...you guys go be Yoruba be that...have got an uncle going through almost the same thing but you let the woman know sey if craze dey her head na madness dey ya own head...I gave it to her hot hot and she composed herself...But for the sake of peace I stopped going to their house.
After all the wahala wey he dey give my uncle we lost him to suicide this time last year....

237 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Raalsalghul: 10:19am On Jan 17, 2022
Chances are you'll do the same when you get married to your husband too so why complain. grin

46 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2022
That`s how you too gonna be if you get married & your husband siblings are coming to ya place to stay, or for a visit. Majority of you Women always like to act strange to ya husband family members after getting married to them..

260 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Rachel98(f): 10:24am On Jan 17, 2022
Raalsalghul:
Chances are you'll do the same when you get married to your husband too so why complain. grin
I can't be rude to my in-laws when I get married, becus i'm not ill-mannered, ill-bred and rude... So I can't.

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Double0h7(f): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2022
Maybe she senses that you don't like her and she's giving it back to you. If you want to build a relationship with her then you have to make the first step and be nice and respectful to her.

Her rudeness could be a defense mechanism to protect her from being abused in her new home... drop your guard and buy her a gift as a peace offering and slowly get to know her without judging her or talking bad about her.

152 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Abfinest007(m): 10:37am On Jan 17, 2022
Don't disturb married couples . maintain ur lane just like I'm doing and pray for God's blessings

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Naijanascam: 10:40am On Jan 17, 2022
My friend leave them alone and stop intruding in their affairs...... focus on how you want make yours

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by dollytino4real(f): 10:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Let her be! Stay ur lane to avoid bashing and biting,,call ur brother on phone instead of going there,

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Raalsalghul: 10:44am On Jan 17, 2022
Rachel98:
I can't be rude to my in-laws when I get married, becus i'm not ill-mannered, ill-bred and rude... So I can't.

I wouldn't call it rude: more like marking your territory. You know what I mean. grin grin

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Rachel98(f): 10:44am On Jan 17, 2022
Double0h7:
Maybe she senses that you don't like her and she's giving it back to you. If you want to build a relationship with her then you have to make the first step and be nice and respectful to her.

Her rudeness could be a defense mechanism to protect her from being abused in her new home... drop your guard and buy her a gift as a peace offering and slowly get to know her without judging her or talking bad about her.
I'm nice to her, sometimes I try to bring up things we could just talk about, but she replies me like I'm forcing her to talk.

She's too full of herself, probably because she's a PhD holder. Honestly I don't understand.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Kobojunkie: 10:47am On Jan 17, 2022
Rachel98:
This morning, I jejely packed my belongings on my way to work, I entered my brother's car so he can drop me at the bus-stop, I just told him I won't be coming to his place anymore, once I'm done with work today I'm going home straight. And the annoying part, he would be asking me why? As if he's blind, he can't see how rude and ill-mannered his wife is.

His wife has really separated my brother from us, his own family. We don't even know what to do.
Your brother married her and so you have to respect that. It isn't that she hides her arrogance from him as you revealed so there isn't much you can do there. Allow them live their marriage while you find and live your own life your way in peace. undecided

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 17, 2022
This is really bad o!!

What did she study for
her PhD?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Rachel98(f): 11:10am On Jan 17, 2022
Hammyaladin:
This is really bad o!!

What did she study for
her PhD?

According to my brother, she has PhD in Sociology & Anthropology

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by bigjackass: 11:25am On Jan 17, 2022
Mind your business and don't go to their house unless necessary. Everyone has their own life to live and your brother has chosen his wife already.

Nairaland is a funny place though. Assuming a guy was the one complaining about his brother's wife, the responses would be different in favor of how the wife is a witch and the husband is a simp grin

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 17, 2022
Rachel98:
According to my brother, she has PhD in Sociology & Anthropology
If she were a bit more science inclined, she'd be more calmer and accommodating...

As a behavioralist (if there's a word for that) she's probably marking her territory and making sure that she has more say in her home than any of your brothers family members.

For me as long as your brother doesn't give up his duty on you guys, They shouldn't be a course for alarm. Cause ur bro is in love and can go to war for it, Judging from how he doesn't confront her rude attitude!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by aboyaji(m): 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2022
bigjackass:
Mind your business and don't go to their house unless necessary. Everyone has their own life to live and your brother has chosen his wife already.

Nairaland is a funny place though. Assuming a guy was the one complaining about his brother's wife, the responses would be different in favor of how the wife is a witch and the husband is a simp grin

Kobojunkie:
Your brother married her and so you have to respect that. It isn't that she hides her arrogance from him as you revealed so there isn't much you can do there. Allow them live their marriage while you find and live your own life your way in peace. undecided

Raalsalghul:

I wouldn't call it rude: more like marking your territory. You know what I mean. grin grin

dollytino4real:
Let her be! Stay ur lane to avoid bashing and biting,,call ur brother on phone instead of going there,

Naijanascam:
My friend leave them alone and stop intruding in their affairs...... focus on how you want make yours

Abfinest007:
Don't disturb married couples . maintain ur lane just like I'm doing and pray for God's blessings

Double0h7:

Yinkakolawole:
That`s how you too gonna be if you get married & your husband siblings are coming to ya place to stay, or for a visit. Majority of you Women always like to act strange to ya husband family members after getting married to them..

You people don't just read and start typing. Most of you commenters have no such experience, nor very close family. I'll buttress this.

I have 4 brothers and a sister including myself which is 5 guys and a girl (totalling 6 people) in my family.

Our 3rd bro is married to a very lovely girl. She accommodates everyone. She was very young when she came into our family (20). She even calls me her husband and I call her my wife. I'm always confident and comfortable calling her by such name because she's worth it and more. We talk on video calls all the time unending.

She always asks us when next we'd visit. She should be 25 or 26 now. Her husband is financially stable. We all could visit at once and she'd accommodate us all. Mind you, we're all grownups. No issues whatsoever. Our eldest brother is too proud of her. He should be 40 soon.

Our 2nd brother is the one in the mess now. He has a baby mama. Now, the girl wants to be converted to a wife by all means. But before that, here's the story....

I shared an apartment with this our 2nd brother. We did things together. We shared rents together. Cook and eat together until he got a girl pregnant. Because of this, I moved out and started living with a friend to give them space since he had to take care of the girl. One day, due to some irregularities in my friend's house, I couldn't bath their at the time. I took a bike to my brother's place (our shared apartment) to have a quick bath only and get to work early. I met this girl alone in the house. I told her my intentions and situations on ground for coming and I didn't visit frequently since I moved. Guess what she said; "you'll replace the water after taking your bath". I was shocked.

I took my bath and left. One other time, I had a particular cloth I wanted to wear to work. I remembered I had left it in that our shared apartment. I went their to get it. On reaching the apartment, I told her why I came. I went in, opened the wardrobe. Behold, this girl left what she was doing, came and stood behind me to see what I was taking. Me?

Then I opened the fridge to pick a satchet of water, she moved toward the fridge to still know what I was picking. I was mad internally. I didn't speak of it. I called my brother and told him all of those she did. My brother said it's not a serious something.

Now, I live in my own home alone. The girl had put to bed and I hadn't seen their child. This new year, the came back from the East with the new child. My brother called that they're back. I said I'd come see them officially. That is my duty.

Same day, same night, I took my woman to greet them from a distance I live. On reaching, I didn't meet my brother but the lady and child. She barely opened the door. I even asked her to open the door that I'd stay till my brother came back. She barely opened her mouth to greet us. After that, she didn't say anything again. No "welcome take seat". No "will you guys drink water"?

We stood until I motioned my woman to sit after pulling out a seat behind the door. I sat on the floor.

The lady didn't say anything. She was just watching some TV programs. A small girl of 22-23 ooo!!! Shortly, she saw the footwear I came in with and said "you came in with shoe into our house". I was like shocked

I waited patiently. Shortly, she stood up, grabbed a broom and started sweeping the already neat floor at that time of the night. That was when I stood up and went outside. My woman followed suit.

We were outside in the night by 10pm till my brother came back. We went in. My brother had to go to the kitchen to make eba for everyone to eat. Her baby mama wife-to-be sat doing nothing. The baby was even sleeping. We ate, gisted and went home.

I know my brother won't see anything bad in whatsoever she does. He grants all her requests. He even calls us and ask us to please call her wife from time to time. Who does that? You don't force love.

None of my family members welcome her presence in the family at this moment.

Her problem is always telling my brother that she'd take flight to her family house. She'd take flight to some other location. My brother, who's a hustling guy for that matter. The last rent he paid was 130k and he didn't pay once.

137 Likes 14 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by general111(m): 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2022
aboyaji:

Dah!!
I can feel the pains in your comment already.
May God give us good wives

You people don't just read and start typing. Most of you commenters have no such experience, nor very close family. I'll buttress this.

I have 4 brothers and a sister including myself which is 5 guys and a girl (totalling 6 people) in my family.

Our 3rd bro is married to a very lovely girl. She accommodates everyone. She was very young when she came into our family (20). She even calls me her husband and I call her my wife. I'm always confident and comfortable calling her by such name because she's worth it and more. We talk on video calls all the time unending.

She always asks us when next we'd visit. She should be 25 or 26 now. Her husband is financially stable. We all could visit at once and she'd accommodate us all. Mind you, we're all grownups. No issues whatsoever. Our eldest brother is too proud of her. He should be 40 soon.

Our 2nd brother is the one in the mess now. She has a baby mama. Now, the girl wants to be converted to a wide by all means. But before that, here's the story....

I shared an apartment with this our 2nd brother. We did things together. We shared rents together. Cook and eat together until he got a girl pregnant. Because of this, I moved out and started living with a friend to give them space since he had to take care of the girl. One day, due to some irregularities in my friend's house, I couldn't bath their at the time. I took a bike to my brother's place (our shared apartment) to have a quick bath only and get to work early. I met this girl alone in the house. I told her my intentions and situations on ground for coming and I didn't visit frequently since I moved. Guess what she said; "you'll replace the water after taking your bath". I was shocked.

I took my bath and left. One other time, I had a particular cloth I wanted to wear to work. I remembered I had left it in that our shared apartment. I went their to get it. On reaching the apartment, I told her why I came. I went in, opened the wardrobe. Behold, this girl left what she was doing, came and stood behind me to see what I was taking. Me?

Then I opened the fridge to pick a satchet of water, she moved toward the fridge to still know what I was picking. I was mad internally. I didn't speak of it. I called my brother and told him all of those she did. My brother said it's not a serious something.

Now, I live in my own home alone. The girl had put to bed and I hadn't seen their child. This new year, the came back from the East with the new child.y brother called that they're back. I said if come see them officially. That is my duty.

Same day, same night, I took my woman to great them from a distance I live. On reaching, I didn't meet my brother but the lady and child. She barely opened her mouth to greet us. After that, she didn't say anything again. No "welcome take seat". No "will you guys drink water"?

We stood until I motioned my woman to sit after pulling out a seat behind the door. I sat on the floor.

The lady didn't say anything. She was just watching some TV programs. A small girl of 22-23 ooo!!! Shortly, she saw the footwear I came in with and said "you came in with shoe into our house". I was like shocked

I waited patiently. Shortly, she stood up grabbed a broom and started sweeping the already neat floor. That was when I stood up and went outside. My woman followed suit.

We were outside in the night by 10pm till my brother came back. We went in. My brother had to go to the kitchen to make eba for everyone to eat. Her baby mama wife-to-be sat doing nothing. The baby was even sleeping. We ate and went home.

I know my brother won't see anything bad in whatsoever she does. He grants all her requests. He even calls us and ask us to please call her wife from time to time. Who does that? You don't force love.

3 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Kobojunkie: 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2022
aboyaji:

Look, regardless of how you are treated by her , the fact remains she is your brother's choice and you have to respect that. undecided

That woman is his idea of a good woman and no matter how irritating it may be, you have to accept that you don’t share the same standards as individuals. undecided

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Double0h7(f): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2022
^^^

Thank you for your life story grin

3 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by aboyaji(m): 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Look, regardless of how you are treated by her , the fact remains she is your brother's choice and you have to respect that. undecided

That woman is his idea of a good woman and no matter how irritating it may be, you have to accept that you don’t share the same standards as individuals. undecided

Double0h7:
^^^

Thank you for your life story grin

Some people are not well raised.

I had sometime last year sat my brother down. He's older than I am o. No be taata.

I told him it's still early to end this thing with that girl since he's yet to pay her bride price. Girl that makes him feel uneasy. Because she has your child. She calls to check where you are every minute.

There was a time she asked him to go home that it was late, while my brother was hanging out with friends. She wasn't in the same state with him o. Haha undecided

She gets her phone subscribed every 2 days because she spends all her time online doing tiktok and video calls. This is not a hearsay or accusations. It is what's happening.

The same week she put to bed in her hometown, she asked for data money from my brother to post a new video she made while on wrappers in her house. She was even dancing. I said to myself, na wa o! A nursing mother? shocked

I don't even view her post because it contains videos from tiktok. Na wife be this abi?

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Kobojunkie: 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2022
aboyaji:
I had sometime last year sat my brother down. He's older than I am o. No be taata.
I told him it's still early to end this thing with that girl since he's yet to pay her bride price. Girl that makes him feel uneasy. Because she has your child. She calls to check where you are every minute.
There was a time she asked him to go home that it was late, while my brother was hanging out with friends. She wasn't in the same state with him o. Haha undecided
She gets her phone subscribed every 2 days because she spends all her time online doing tiktok and video calls. This is not a hearsay or accusations. It is what's happening.
The same week she put to bed in her hometown, she asked for data money from my brother to post a new video she made while on wrappers in her house. She was even dancing. I said to myself, na wa o! A nursing mother?
I don't even view her post because it contains videos from tiktok. Na wife be this abi?
Regardless of your opinions of this girl, it really isn't your place to tell your brother who he can or who he can't marry or keep as wife. This is your brother's business that you keep trying to make yours. undecided

Your brother knows the way out of the relationship if that is what he desires, so leave him and mind your own life and business please. undecided

Yes, he is your brother but the moment he decided to hitch his trailer with this woman, he ceased primarily as your brother and became this woman's partner. You really ought to respect that. undecided

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Double0h7(f): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2022
aboyaji:

The same week she put to bed in her hometown, she asked for data money from my brother to post a new video she made while on wrappers in her house. She was even dancing. I said to myself, na wa o! A nursing mother? shocked

No disrespect but you need to step out of people's lives. This is your brother's journey and when he learns what he has to learn then he will do what he wants to do.

I don't get on with my sisters inlaw (no relationship, no love or hate, just neutral and respectful) but I respect them enough to stay the heck out of their lives. I would never disrespect the mothers of my nephews and nieces because those children will only see me as the enemy. I will wait for time to do it's magic and accept whatever the outcome may be.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by aboyaji(m): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Regardless of your opinions of this girl, it really isn't your place to tell your brother who he can or who he can't marry or keep as wife. This is your brother's business that you keep trying to make yours. undecided

Your brother knows the way out of the relationship if that is what he desires, so leave him and mind your own life and business please. undecided

Yes, he is your brother but the moment he decided to hitch his trailer with this woman, he ceased primarily as your brother and became this woman's partner. You really ought to respect that. undecided
Wait let me tell you what you don't know. I may have made a mistake quoting you. You don't sound learned in this discourse.

He is my brother. I am closest to him. I am not the type of adult that sits around doing nothing when things are going out of hand. I am very much responsible in his life because he is my brother. Get it?

127 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Mariangeles(f): 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2022
Rachel98:

Never let her attitude stop you from going to your brother's house.
If you stop visiting, then she would've achieved her aim.
Trust me, your time to time visits mean a lot to your brother. A lot.
You don't necessarily have to go there to stay.
Remember that he's as much your brother as he's a husband to his wife.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by aboyaji(m): 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2022
In our place, we have culture and tradition. You must call people to order when necessary. What makes one responsible? You think it's by growing mouthstache and pubic hair? Or typing away online that does?

Why do we have elders in the family?

He is my brother. Even though he's got his choice to make, the spirits must know you contributed your quota in helping your own when he was about going astray.

107 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Mariangeles(f): 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2022
Raalsalghul:

If to say op na guy na, your comment for reach two pages. undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by Kobojunkie: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2022
aboyaji:
Wait let me tell you what you don't know. I may have made a mistake quoting you. You don't sound learned in this discourse.

He is my brother. I am closest to him. I am not the type of adult that sits around doing nothing when things are going out of hand. I am very much responsible in his life because he is my brother. Get it?
Again, regardless of how close you two were or are, the fact remains that he chose this woman as his wife. undecided

In marriage, a man abandons his father and mother, siblings as well, and enters an agreement with the woman he chooses to start his own family with. Your brother has become one entity with this woman and you are required even by law to respect that. undecided

Yes, I am guessing you were both born from the same womb, at different times, but he now has a family and life of his own, and is no longer your responsibility. If you can't see this, then I am afraid the problem isn't the woman but you. undecided

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Elder Brother's Wife Is So Rude. by frozen70(f): 12:52pm On Jan 17, 2022
Rachel98:
Good morning everyone. Hope we're having a wonderful week.

My Elder brother is doing well, no doubt he's the breadwinner in our family But his wife is so rude, too authoritative, she's full of pride and she looks down on people. She see everyone as her employee, she does not care if her actions or words hurts you, she's quick to slap at any slightest provocation. She's an event planner, please are event planners this rude??

She's the main reason why we barely visit our brother, despite we all live in the same city, we feel like a total stranger in our brother's house. Probably she's using "jazz" on him, I don't know But everything she does seems cool to him.

I managed to spend the weekend with them, since on friday she act like my presence irritates her. The maid prepared semo and vegetable soup, i don't eat swallow that like, so she saw me cooking noodles, she rudely said why're you not eating semo? Why are you people so selective? Then she left the kitchen. I just maintained my cool.

Yesterday she slapped her maid just because the plantain she told her to fry wasn't brown enough (maybe she wanted burnt sacrifice plantain). My elder brother calmly said honey you shouldn't have slapped her just becus of plaintain. The next she told my brother was "Defender!! go and marry her nw"

That's to show you that your brother have been enduring shit from her

You guys should distance her that's just what she wants

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Checkout This Cute 4 Generation Photos / Ladies Breastfeeding Baby In Public. Right Or Wrong? / A Black Caregiver Gets Wicked Treatment From Her White Boss's Mum (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.