Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House (35310 Views)

How Do I Save My Friend From The Claws Of A Manipulative Woman? / How Can I Stop This Girl From Coming To My House / How Can I Stop My Friend From Bringing His Girlfriends To My Apartment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by currencyz: 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Daxyd4realzy:
Show me your friends....

No peace to Simps
wetin Simps do again
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Dybala11(m): 7:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
You all don't understand and it makes me feel bad,she's acting so cheap and she's not comporting herself just because she saw an attractive man.She's too forward and it's irritating
Acting cheap??
This is hypocrisy of the highest order. grin
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
Illuminatiship:
See easy hide your cousin's phone and accuse her of stealing it and watch her never come to your house,you can thank later..
u are truly illuminatiship�

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Dybala11(m): 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
Will you say same thing if your sister acted so cheap towards a man?
Okay you expected her to keep her feelings to herself and leave the opportunity to see if she's compatible with your cousin hanging on a thread??
Na you sabi o, but if the attraction is mutual and your cousin reciprocate what will you now do??
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by DarkJeddi(m): 7:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
My friend came to visit last Sunday and met my cousin brother who came visiting, she asked who he was and I told her then I noticed she steal glances at him at intervals and not fully interested in our discussion.

Ever since then she has sort of made our house her second home and I don't need to be told that she's very interested in him.

Whenever she comes around and we are discussing, she will just be nodding and contributing with few words while her main work is to be stealing glances at him and this has made me so angry that each time she calls that she's coming I'll tell her I'm not home but she will still come.

Yesterday when she called to inform me that she was coming which I told her I was not home and I will branch her place when I'm returning. I knew she will come, so I went to hide in my room, and behold when I came out, I met her and my cousin having some conversation and I'm sure she initiated it. I didn't even give her face as I was so annoyed as to why a lady will present herself so cheap for a man she barely knows.

Now I want to fully stop her from coming to our house but I don't know where to pick on her because she's a nice person aside this cheap silly attitude she's displaying. How do I go about it?
I wanted to say something until I saw your Moniker..
Mtcheeew! angry
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by LollySeaSide: 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
Someone is trying to avoid Shiloh 2022 and you are there bedeviling her.
C'mon get behind her, Satan and go look for your own man.
Abi you wan marry your cousin?
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by victorazy(m): 7:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
My friend came to visit last Sunday and met my cousin brother who came visiting, she asked who he was and I told her then I noticed she steal glances at him at intervals and not fully interested in our discussion.

Ever since then she has sort of made our house her second home and I don't need to be told that she's very interested in him.

Whenever she comes around and we are discussing, she will just be nodding and contributing with few words while her main work is to be stealing glances at him and this has made me so angry that each time she calls that she's coming I'll tell her I'm not home but she will still come.

Yesterday when she called to inform me that she was coming which I told her I was not home and I will branch her place when I'm returning. I knew she will come, so I went to hide in my room, and behold when I came out, I met her and my cousin having some conversation and I'm sure she initiated it. I didn't even give her face as I was so annoyed as to why a lady will present herself so cheap for a man she barely knows.

Now I want to fully stop her from coming to our house but I don't know where to pick on her because she's a nice person aside this cheap silly attitude she's displaying. How do I go about it?

You dey friend your cousin ni?
Women and jealousy.
Your not a good friend.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by LordFA: 7:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
Except your friend is a bad person, there's no need for those things you're doing. Let them be.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by RandyX: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2022
luvsesan4eva:

If what you say is true, then not to her cousin she has good relationship with.
The cousin is a guy nau. She won’t worry if it’s a distant friend cos she won’t be seeing them everyday. She doesn’t want her to come to family reunion meeting with her oversea cousin tomorrow and start showing off, while she and her husband go dey help them arrange chair. You see in this life woman no be your mate until she marry. That her friend go begin display levels for her once dem marry her enter the family. Lol.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Naughtysex: 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
I'll rather scatter them for daring to make a first move,the way she was stealing glances was so annoying and she started responding foolishly to our conversation because her mind was on a man she barely knows
You are suffering from green-eyed monster

You are jealous of your friend's happiness

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by sandra50(f): 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2022
Have you ever had something romantic with your cousin?why are you so pained?is your friend usually like this or just with this one person?is your cousin not ok with the coming?
Iyaebe:

Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by luvsesan4eva(m): 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Did she say this somewhere else? I didn't see that in the post. Then it would seem she's afraid her cousin would win her friend over to his side. That's a whole new perspective. Thanks for pointing that out.

She didn't.
But come to think of it. what's her anger about? And she never said anything about talking to her cousin..... So to me there's more.... Don't forget she never denied her friend being nice and good person �. Sooooooo?
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Dybala11(m): 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
You guys on this nairaland forum don't live your reality the way you say it here.Most of you will frown if she were your sister but here they are making me feel as if I'm the wicked person in all of these.Mtcheww
And how did you expect people to react to your post??
You've not been able to give a valid reason for your disapproval of the budding friendship or attraction between your cousin and your friend. Except if the reason has not been revealed by you. The only thing we can all deduce from your comment is your envy and paranoia.

Answer the following questions:-
(1) Have you ever seen your friend displaying similar attitude towards any man before??
(2) Is she interested in your cousin cos of the financial gains she might get??
(3) Is your friend a good person, can you truly and wholeheartedly vouch for her character??
(4) Is your cousin a good person also who you can trust not to break the heart of your friend??

If the answers to the above questions are favourable, then you're only been paranoid or jealous jor. Your friend is not the first lady to know what she wants and go for it. There's no rule for love. Even if it's your cousin that wooed your friend, it doesn't guarantee their relationship ending in marriage. Chill and try to overcome that toxicity/bile towards your friend.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by luvsesan4eva(m): 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
RandyX:

The cousin is a guy nau. She won’t worry if it’s a distant friend cos she won’t be seeing them everyday. She doesn’t want her to come to family reunion meeting with her oversea cousin tomorrow and start showing off, while she and her husband go dey help them arrange chair. You see in this life woman no be your mate until she marry. That her friend go begin display levels for her once dem marry her enter the family. Lol.

Right now I don't know what to say to you my brother.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Ten06(m): 7:30pm On Jan 24, 2022
Enemy of progress
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Georgejeez: 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
You guys on this nairaland forum don't live your reality the way you say it here.Most of you will frown if she were your sister but here they are making me feel as if I'm the wicked person in all of these.Mtcheww
Wicked person is an understatement , you are a Devil with a touch of Buhari .
How can you plan to stand in the way of true love

Don't you know love is like a moving train , can crush anything or anyone who stands in its way ? .
Empires have been burnt to the ground, countries have gone to war , thousands have been sent to untimely graves just because of the force of Love .
Even if your friend is a hookup girl (which I suspect she is , Even you too) , Who knows whether she has found the man to make her not just a better person but change her surname for good .

May we never ever have such Envious and kill joy friends as you , Amen
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Dybala11(m): 7:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
Will you say same if she were your sister and openly throwing herself at someone she just met so cheap. I sneakly checked my cuzins phone this morning and dialed her number and it was confirmed that they already exchanged number,well I deleted her number from his phone.She will seize to be my friend immediately my cuzin is gone,she should carry her cheap self elsewhere. Now I believe what they say about Benue girls.hian
You mean that you went as far as doing this. You're even worse than your supposed bad friend. Cos the last time I checked, those guys don't need your blessing before they start a relationship. They are adults for heaven's sake. You don't even care how deeply she likes your cousin and if your cousin had similar feelings, it's just for your selfish, jealous intentions to come to fruition. Lest you forget Miss Bile, your cousin's phone number is still on your friend's phone. Even though your cousin may not have your friend's contact again, your friend has his. I believe you'll make an attempt to delete your cousin's phone number from your friend's phone too. grin
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by RandyX: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
luvsesan4eva:

Right now I don't know what to say to you my brother.
I lie? Women na their own enemy.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
Maobichek:

I'm proud of you, i appreciate your maturity and precision.

wink.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Dmacqh(m): 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
All this make up stories just to trend . On a lighter note, does nairaland pay the person with the highest likes or shares or quotes ?
I don’t blame the ever seeking attention @op.
She will bring up toxic comments or topics just for attention and mentions .
The day the mentions and likes stop flowing , that’s the day their cruise will stop and their ego tamed . Next such people like @op who craves for attention will either creates or switch to another moniker, @siofra @iyaebe etc lol
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Dybala11(m): 7:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
Mercychen:

There's nothing like show of shame here. It's you whos being unnecessarily jealous and needs to watch it!

She's free to dot on anyone she likes and if the person in question doesn't have a problem with it, them fine. Let her be. Don't be a hindrance to somebody's future blessing like someone already said.

You too go and look for somebody's cousin or hold your peace.

I'm out!
Omo, see better savage reply.
Aunty Iyaebe, dem talk say make you go find someone's cousin too o. grin
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Emmacy001: 7:38pm On Jan 24, 2022
I don't see anything wrong in what your friend did...
You're supposed to make it easier for them if they are adult and also if your cousin reciprocate to her..
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by WoundedLamb: 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2022
luvsesan4eva:

She didn't.
But come to think of it. what's her anger about? And she never said anything about talking to her cousin..... So to me there's more.... Don't forget she never denied her friend being nice and good person �. Sooooooo?

Well, we can't draw conclusions from assumptions. Like I said in my response to her, she'd have to ask herself some questions and put logic before emotions.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Psoul(m): 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
She's a nice person but I'm surprised at this her show of shame

What is slow of shame in liking your cousin?

Is your friend still a minor or your cousin a minor?

If your cousin wants to marry your friend, will u have anything against it?
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by freddie009(m): 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
catice:
Yes it's true. Women are amazing and all-rounding blessing, but why are women always envious of one another? Why do we have male artistes helping upcoming artistes come to limelight, and none from the female folks?

Is inbuilt bro, they start exhibiting it from childhood. Back in the day I use to teach in one of these private schools (rich kids). From ages 9 they are already exhibiting these traits.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Illuminatiship(m): 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
Loner97:

God Will never forgive you for this stupid advise... So make she accuse person wrongly because she's crushing on OP's cousin? God go punish you for bringing up such dirty advice, big FOOL��� Tueh
silence is the best answer giving to a fool like you.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Tallpanther(m): 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
She's a nice person but I'm surprised at this her show of shame
what's ur business?? Are they children?? Leave the two adults alone!! Go get a bf!!
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Dybala11(m): 8:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
WoundedLamb:

The show of shame is being interested in someone or making attempts to get closer to them? Do you think your brother would be falling for some kind of deception if he eventually starts seeing a girl who perfectly orchestrated a means to get him? I'm asking cause that's a common way of viewing things when it's the girl making the moves. But the truth is, your brother is a man who knows what he wants, so if he decides to go with her, it's because he wants to and not because he was deceived. Someone always makes the first move and the other party either accepts or turns down the advancement. And that someone is not to be considered deceitful or cheap regardless of gender.

That said, is there any particular reason you don't want your cousin and your 'nice' friend to end up together? What do you have to lose? Do you think she's not good enough for your cousin? Do you think she is a gold digger? Don't get me wrong, if she's got some skeletons you know about, you'd be fully right to want to protect your cousin. I'd also understand if you're not okay with how often she comes to your place, it's not every time we want to be with friends (but this will stop once they exchange numbers or when he leaves, so it's just temporary).

However, if the only reason you're upset is that... OK, I honestly don't even know why you're upset. You said she's selling herself so cheap, but I believe that's just what you tell yourself to justify your anger. Or would you be as upset if she was doing that with a stranger and not your cousin? I think you have the natural tendency to want to keep your family members away from your friends you've seen at their lowest. Many people don't want thier friends near their sisters/brothers, but we can't always be sure the next person they'd meet would be better. So it's a good idea to acknowledge this human weakness of ours and consciously make the decision to move beyond it and make logical decisions.

Why is there no communication going on between you guys? How does your cousin feel about her? You said she is your friend and the guy is your cousin. I assume you can discuss this kind of thing with them. You are, therefore, in the best position to know if there's possibility of relationship between them. You're not to shield your cousin, he's not a baby. Why not discuss it with him instead and find out how he feels about your friend? If he likes her and you end up keeping her away, would you say you've done well? Instead of coming here to ask us for ways to keep two consenting adults apart for no clear reason, why not take your time to figure out if they really like each other?

Just an opinion.
Can I like this your comment multiple times?? Spot on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hello female human, let your friend be abeg. You don't have a case.
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by sweettease(f): 8:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
Iyaebe:
I'll rather scatter them for daring to make a first move,the way she was stealing glances was so annoying and she started responding foolishly to our conversation because her mind was on a man she barely knows
I don't understand, are you into her or something? Green is not a good shade in this case. Chill and let them be cheesy
Re: How Do I Stop My Friend From Coming To Our House by valinno(m): 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
Why are women this problematic.What is wrong with your friend crushing on the guy, it's natural, and the guy is likely going to like her.you testified that your friend is nice,why are you stopping her, she made a right move if she initiated a discussion with your cousin,she didn't ask the guy out,so allow her and stop all these jealous, because it's not necessary.I can vividly tell you that there's absolutely nothing you can do about it if your cousin likes her, because they might have exchanged contact.So, hold your peace and allow them be,she has not acted cheap since she didn't ask him out, she's on applying a principle of "you have to be seen to be shown favor"

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Things Every Girl Should Know About Her Fiance Before Marriage / 10 Similarities Between Nigerian Ladies And Policemen / Ever Hated/ Disliked Someone You Used To Madly Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.