Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

31 Problems Of Good Looking People - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 31 Problems Of Good Looking People (46075 Views)

My Experience With Women As A Good Looking Guy. / Why Do Most Good Looking Persons Marry Someone Who Is Unattractive? / Why Do Girls Keep Running Away From Me Even Though I'm Good-Looking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by kaymart: 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2022
Why are so many ppl quoting the long epistle.
Must you quote everything

1 Like

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Modecaih: 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2022
Jackanda1:
this is another problem goodlooking people have. People can swear that you have a perfect life even if you're on a dead bed.
I can relate
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by chudez0147(m): 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
DamnNigga
Isoright!!

I've been battling with No25 and 26
It is well
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by hahn(m): 1:21pm On Jan 20, 2022
Jackanda1:
I understand that good looks definately have advantages, but this thread will only discuss the disadvantages.

I am also aware that been less attractive has drawbacks. The fact that I am discussing the problems of beautiful people doesn't mean ugly people don't have problems. Let's focus on one aspect today.
I have a relative who is very handsome. We grew up, lived and schooled together (nursery-university). We are very close. The points in this thread are from observation.

For some reasons let me add: He was diagnose with anxiety and depression. He had low self esteem and was mostly a loner.

1.People are mostly insecured and intimidated by good looks. So they tend to react defensively against, subdue and humiliate you.

Its the same thing when people know you have a first class grade. You'll hear all sorts of degrading comments. Insecure people people will do anything to put u down, if you've got something they don't have.

2. Most people think life is easy for you,you're getting away with things and you don't have difficulties. So they deliberately decide to treat you with disdain. They think they are bringing about justice.

3. People stereotype you to be arrogant, proud, vain, stuck up, opportunist,mean,dumb etc anything you do or say, people find a way to relate it to the judgement they already have about you.

Thats why people say things like ' Does he have a good character' when discussing about gudlooking ppl.

4. Good looks +shyness is a curse. People don't expect you to be shy. You quietness &social inhibition could be interpretate to mean pride and arrogance.

5.Having a conversation with most people is like acting a poorly scripted movie. It seems people don't know how to act normal around you.

6. People are not free around you. They don't play or joke with you like everyone else. So youre mostly isolated

7. Since people donot expect you to have difficulties. They may be unsympathetic towards your problems,mock you behind your back and even use your trouble against you.

8. You are expected to be confidence, charismatic, have leadership skills, Rich and have a good life. Inability to meet up can cause metal breakdown.

9. You become the center of attention. Topic of discussion and gossip. Your business becomes everyone's business.

10. Even if you are in the right side of an argument. People will side against you.
It seems odd siding you.

11. Fine girls play over hard to get. Most average looking girls are intimidated and see themselves below your league

12. You can't joke or play around with people. They hinge on every word you say and may interpretate it to mean mockery or catty put downs.

13. Uneccesary aggression from fellow gender. Jealousy?

14. People think u are shallow, dumb, incapable etc. If a good looking person were to contest for election, most people won't vote for him. You're never taken seriously.

15. Everyone seems to easily believe anything bad about you and are willing to unite against a common enemy- you.

16. Most people donnot offer you help because they think you have it all.

17.You cannot talk about the problems of attractive people, no matter how badly it affects you.

18. Is it true people pay you complements often?
Why should they? So that your head will grow bigger that it's already is?

19. If your boss is intimidated by your looks, you might not get that job , no matter the qualification.

20.There are people who judge you negatively but not to point of butting head with you.

So they decide in their mind: ' I won't pay any attention to anything he says', I won't give him any validation or pay him any complements etc.
This gives them since of victory over you.
You might notice they make a big deal of ignoring everything you do or say

21. People make a big deal about your looks even more you do.

22. If you recently grew into your looks, you find most of your friends ghosting you.

23. Because of this problems, you can be forced into isolation

24. You are mostly ignored in a social group. Nobody speaks to you. You'll feel like a goat among lions.

25. People feel they need to compete and win against you. You might notice them unneccesarily showing off what they have that you don't have.

26. Most people act like they have gotten a life time achievement when they embarass, insult and put you down. They seem so happy and fulfilled. Pathetic

27. Most girls who like you but are intimidated by your looks act very aggresive to get your attention. This is usually counterproductive.

28. Since pple think everyone is kind to you, they decide to be the special ones that will make your life miserable.

29. Saying no to a request, cancelling an apointment can take a toll on people's emotions. They feel you are rejecting them or you are proud.

30. I don't know for fine girls, but fine boys tend to reject favors from people becos it makes you feel indebted to them. It also make u seems weak or like a woman. Even lalasticlala and seun can attest to it.

31. You are afraid of loosing your looks since its the only thing people value about you.

Story of my life sad
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by victooman: 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
IamRegal:

I don't know about others, but for me people are generally nice to me. Compliment your looks with a constant smile and good characters
most of them are quiet arrogant but will always feel attack and tag it jealousy when it is been pointed out, if u are good looking and people despises u, watch your character, this has nothing to do with jealousy.
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
I can relate with most of the your points but definitely not that number 14. Not true.

People always think I'm proud because of my looks. I have heard people say it, even to my face that beauty is not good character or beauty is not going to take you to a man's house so, stop raising your shoulders but I'm know I don't raise my shoulders. When I discovered they were simply feeling intimidated by my looks, I just dropped all of them. Then the tongue wagging became worse but I cared less.

2 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Toks2008(m): 1:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
I don't even know what to say.
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Phyde: 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 15, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28. Story of my life. May God deliver me cry cry cry
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Krasid(m): 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2022
Honestly, it's not easy out here. The one that annoys me most is people giving you attitude for no reason. I'm just tired of it. Whenever I go out to get something, they will just start giving me attitude as if it's my fault that I am good looking.

5 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by ThickSharon123(f): 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2022
Jackanda1:
I understand that good looks definately have advantages, but this thread will only discuss the disadvantages.

I am also aware that been less attractive has drawbacks. The fact that I am discussing the problems of beautiful people doesn't mean ugly people don't have problems. Let's focus on one aspect today.
I have a relative who is very handsome. We grew up, lived and schooled together (nursery-university). We are very close. The points in this thread are from observation.

For some reasons let me add: He was diagnose with anxiety and depression. He had low self esteem and was mostly a loner.

1.People are mostly insecured and intimidated by good looks. So they tend to react defensively against, subdue and humiliate you.

Its the same thing when people know you have a first class grade. You'll hear all sorts of degrading comments. Insecure people people will do anything to put u down, if you've got something they don't have.

2. Most people think life is easy for you,you're getting away with things and you don't have difficulties. So they deliberately decide to treat you with disdain. They think they are bringing about justice.

3. People stereotype you to be arrogant, proud, vain, stuck up, opportunist,mean,dumb etc anything you do or say, people find a way to relate it to the judgement they already have about you.

Thats why people say things like ' Does he have a good character' when discussing about gudlooking ppl.

4. Good looks +shyness is a curse. People don't expect you to be shy. You quietness &social inhibition could be interpretate to mean pride and arrogance.

5.Having a conversation with most people is like acting a poorly scripted movie. It seems people don't know how to act normal around you.

6. People are not free around you. They don't play or joke with you like everyone else. So youre mostly isolated

7. Since people donot expect you to have difficulties. They may be unsympathetic towards your problems,mock you behind your back and even use your trouble against you.

8. You are expected to be confidence, charismatic, have leadership skills, Rich and have a good life. Inability to meet up can cause metal breakdown.

9. You become the center of attention. Topic of discussion and gossip. Your business becomes everyone's business.

10. Even if you are in the right side of an argument. People will side against you.
It seems odd siding you.

11. Fine girls play over hard to get. Most average looking girls are intimidated and see themselves below your league

12. You can't joke or play around with people. They hinge on every word you say and may interpretate it to mean mockery or catty put downs.

14. People think u are shallow, dumb, incapable etc. If a good looking person were to contest for election, most people won't vote for him. You're never taken seriously.

15. Everyone seems to easily believe anything bad about you and are willing to unite against a common enemy- you.

17.You cannot talk about the problems of attractive people, no matter how badly it affects you.

19. If your boss is intimidated by your looks, you might not get that job , no matter the qualification.

20.There are people who judge you negatively but not to point of butting head with you.

So they decide in their mind: ' I won't pay any attention to anything he says', I won't give him any validation or pay him any complements etc.

22. If you recently grew into your looks, you find most of your friends ghosting you.

24. You are mostly ignored in a social group. Nobody speaks to you. You'll feel like a goat among lions.

25. People feel they need to compete and win against you. You might notice them unneccesarily showing off what they have that you don't have.

26. Most people act like they have gotten a life time achievement when they embarass, insult and put you down. They seem so happy and fulfilled. Pathetic

27. Most girls who like you but are intimidated by your looks act very aggresive to get your attention. This is usually counterproductive.

28. Since pple think everyone is kind to you, they decide to be the special ones that will make your life miserable.

29. Saying no to a request, cancelling an apointment can take a toll on people's emotions. They feel you are rejecting them or you are proud.

30. I don't know for fine girls, but fine boys tend to reject favors from people becos it makes you feel indebted to them. It also make u seems weak or like a woman. Even lalasticlala and seun can attest to it.

31. You are afraid of loosing your looks since its the only thing people value about you.

You forgot to add, every where you go they seem to look at you like you're an angel from the heaven, and you begin to hear words like "the babe to set," "she be Nigerian," "Finess opooorrrr." I'm tired of Nigeria. lipsrsealed undecided

I've tested fame a little, and I don't want it that's why I love life low-key.

1 Like

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jan 20, 2022
ThickSharon123:

You forgot to add, every where you go they seem to look at you like you're an angel from the heaven, and you begin to hear words like "the babe to set," "she be Nigerian," "Finess opooorrrr." I'm tired of Nigeria. lipsrsealed undecided

Which babe, you woh woh joor grin

1 Like

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by BigDawsNet: 1:42pm On Jan 20, 2022
No Wonder shocked
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Nnamekus1(m): 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
fattprince:

Well that's true. I never see myself as that good-looking but I can relate to most things you listed up there. In my class WhatsApp group I was removed because someone was celebrating birthdays so he invited people when one stupid guy said he shouldn't call people. And I jokingly reply that bros you can't finish all the drinks now. Was that too much to say?
And you concluded you were removed because you're good looking?
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Oktsavage: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2022
Jackanda1:

It seems odd siding you.

The disadvantages outway the advantages career wise because girls like you and many men will hate you.
I agree with this 100% especially if you are good looking and not outspoken. I think that is why it’s very hard to see fine boys who make wealth from nothing they have extra enemies. When others are ignored for mistakes yours will be taking as a sign of pride or show off. Even when you put on normal clothes others wear except you dress badly. People who barely know you are already envious of you. I remember a lecturer that picked on me and failed me because he felt I didn’t greet him well and always called me proud hence trying to embarrass me in class with questions and mind games so many stories. I remember a neighbor I once asked for help but he declined and then I overheard him saying it to the whole other neighbors of how he declined a help just to feel good/proud of himself and all this people inturn go against you and monitor you.Everybody believes he has no problems in life and is flexing. More or half of the friends are frenemies. Most times you see it in their mood. When you get what everyone else is getting they turn on you and feel you are trying to oppress them and then silently take revenge by always telling people things to belittle you or stop giving the same input you give. Family members take you as a competition to their children and hate you. Sigh to many bad experiences. But God no be man even people you trust and show love will hate you and deny you opportunities because girls you don’t care about like you or talks about you over them. Very few friends you have and always isaolated

5 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by freedomchild: 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2022
Chuvin22:
If you are good looking as a Nigerian. And you know it. Just try and have money because more than half of the population don’t like you first of all. They feel you came to this world with a head start (Advantage) and would drag you very well, drag the confidence out of you. Lol. cheesy grin
hahahahaa.. I dey tell you bro. People will innately hate you when you have certain advantages and privileges..
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Klass99(f): 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Klass99(f): 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Thatssobeyonce(f): 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
Here just to read comments
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Thatssobeyonce(f): 1:58pm On Jan 20, 2022
ThickSharon123:

Lol very true

1 Like

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Thatssobeyonce(f): 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
victooman:
most of them are quiet arrogant but will always feel attack and tag it jealousy when it is been pointed out, if u are good looking and people despises u, watch your character, this has nothing to do with jealousy.
U wrong actually, good looking often suffer from low self esteem. Stare at them and they'll start feeling nervous

4 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Thatssobeyonce(f): 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
jaxxy:
It’s one thing to look good naturally it another thing to look good artificially and it’s another thing to carry ur good looks on ur head like ur selling market.

Lol look good artificially? How
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Klass99(f): 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Maj196(m): 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
I can relate to most as a guy. But who cares, I just make my money and enjoy my life is all

2 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by ogunmourinho(m): 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2022
What about us that are ugly angry
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by jaxxy(m): 2:05pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thatssobeyonce:

Lol look good artificially? How

When it’s overdone or fake u know what I mean. wink

Implants, Botox, bleaching, too much make up like ur in character on a horror movie set etc...
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by syntekelite(m): 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2022
KingDash:
I don carry fine face collect work so many things, I don nack so many babes, right now e get one yahoo boy babe wey me dey bang bros.. good looks dey sweet.

Thats the problem with good looks if u aint got the humility to handle it, things like what you just said will be normal to you..but aint notin special in banging a yahoo boy's spiritual f**k toy,for you to think its special , u aint that fine. real good looking men run from the opposite sex after some level of maturity and wisdom.. e get reason...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Thatssobeyonce(f): 2:08pm On Jan 20, 2022
jaxxy:

When it’s overdone or fake u know what I mean. wink

Implants, Botox, bleaching, too much make up like ur in character on a horror movie set etc...
Oh i understand now
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by TolaniLuv: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Loud it!

This post is 80% accurate.

Same for women and men. I know many women who have to deal with this everyday.

Unnecessary competition with you when you don’t even care about them.

The most crazy part is girls will think you have a lot women in your life. So, they always give you cold attitude at work .

Jealousy is sometimes you can avoid that your friend will constantly tell you to keep away from their gf or wives like you care about the insecurity.

Thanks ops! But, Fine boy with no money face this problem everyday so u have to hustle harder you won’t notice all this. You won’t need a boss or need ugly or insecure boss or weak women. Make money and let them catch up with your shadow same goes to all women going through this.

1 Like

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Thatssobeyonce(f): 2:10pm On Jan 20, 2022
syntekelite:

Thats the problem with good looks if u aint got the humility to handle it, things like what you just said will be normal to you..but aint notin special in banging a yahoo boy's spiritual f**k toy,for you to think its special , u aint that fine. real good looking men run from the opposite sex after some level of maturity and wisdom.. e get reason...
I disagree with ur last statement, run how and why? Laslas dem go marry

1 Like

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by zukachris(m): 2:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
Every piece you wrote down there is 100% correct. I can confirm to that. Now I know why some things are not adding up in my life.
Thanks for this info
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Steve0979(m): 2:12pm On Jan 20, 2022
Wahala dey o!everybody na fine boys n girls on dis tread now.na who com ugly?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Smart Ways To Make A Nigerian Lady Marry You. / A Female HIV Positive Patient Seeks Love/partner / Women; Becoming Assets Rather Than Liabilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.