Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

31 Problems Of Good Looking People - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 31 Problems Of Good Looking People (46045 Views)

My Experience With Women As A Good Looking Guy. / Why Do Most Good Looking Persons Marry Someone Who Is Unattractive? / Why Do Girls Keep Running Away From Me Even Though I'm Good-Looking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
I understand that good looks definately have advantages, but this thread will only discuss the disadvantages.

I am also aware that been less attractive has drawbacks. The fact that I am discussing the problems of beautiful people doesn't mean ugly people don't have problems. Let's focus on one aspect today.
I have a relative who is very handsome. We grew up, lived and schooled together (nursery-university). We are very close. The points in this thread are from observation.

For some reasons let me add: He was diagnose with anxiety and depression. He had low self esteem and was mostly a loner.

1.People are mostly insecured and intimidated by good looks. So they tend to react defensively against, subdue and humiliate you.

Its the same thing when people know you have a first class grade. You'll hear all sorts of degrading comments. Insecure people people will do anything to put u down, if you've got something they don't have.

2. Most people think life is easy for you,you're getting away with things and you don't have difficulties. So they deliberately decide to treat you with disdain. They think they are bringing about justice.

3. People stereotype you to be arrogant, proud, vain, stuck up, opportunist,mean,dumb etc anything you do or say, people find a way to relate it to the judgement they already have about you.

Thats why people say things like ' Does he have a good character' when discussing about gudlooking ppl.

4. Good looks +shyness is a curse. People don't expect you to be shy. You quietness &social inhibition could be interpretate to mean pride and arrogance.

5.Having a conversation with most people is like acting a poorly scripted movie. It seems people don't know how to act normal around you.

6. People are not free around you. They don't play or joke with you like everyone else. So youre mostly isolated

7. Since people donot expect you to have difficulties. They may be unsympathetic towards your problems,mock you behind your back and even use your trouble against you.

8. You are expected to be confidence, charismatic, have leadership skills, Rich and have a good life. Inability to meet up can cause metal breakdown.

9. You become the center of attention. Topic of discussion and gossip. Your business becomes everyone's business.

10. Even if you are in the right side of an argument. People will side against you.
It seems odd siding you.

11. Fine girls play over hard to get. Most average looking girls are intimidated and see themselves below your league

12. You can't joke or play around with people. They hinge on every word you say and may interpretate it to mean mockery or catty put downs.

13. Uneccesary aggression from fellow gender. Jealousy?

14. People think u are shallow, dumb, incapable etc. If a good looking person were to contest for election, most people won't vote for him. You're never taken seriously.

15. Everyone seems to easily believe anything bad about you and are willing to unite against a common enemy- you.

16. Most people donnot offer you help because they think you have it all.

17.You cannot talk about the problems of attractive people, no matter how badly it affects you.

18. Is it true people pay you complements often?
Why should they? So that your head will grow bigger that it's already is?

19. If your boss is intimidated by your looks, you might not get that job , no matter the qualification.

20.There are people who judge you negatively but not to point of butting head with you.

So they decide in their mind: ' I won't pay any attention to anything he says', I won't give him any validation or pay him any complements etc.
This gives them since of victory over you.
You might notice they make a big deal of ignoring everything you do or say

21. People make a big deal about your looks even more you do.

22. If you recently grew into your looks, you find most of your friends ghosting you.

23. Because of this problems, you can be forced into isolation

24. You are mostly ignored in a social group. Nobody speaks to you. You'll feel like a goat among lions.

25. People feel they need to compete and win against you. You might notice them unneccesarily showing off what they have that you don't have.

26. Most people act like they have gotten a life time achievement when they embarass, insult and put you down. They seem so happy and fulfilled. Pathetic

27. Most girls who like you but are intimidated by your looks act very aggresive to get your attention. This is usually counterproductive.

28. Since pple think everyone is kind to you, they decide to be the special ones that will make your life miserable.

29. Saying no to a request, cancelling an apointment can take a toll on people's emotions. They feel you are rejecting them or you are proud.

30. I don't know for fine girls, but fine boys tend to reject favors from people becos it makes you feel indebted to them. It also make u seems weak or like a woman. Even lalasticlala and seun can attest to it.

31. You are afraid of loosing your looks since its the only thing people value about you.

48 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by marsman: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
I can confirm no 6 but not no 14

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
marsman:
I can confirm no 6 but not no 14
you think people will elect a 'pretty weak' fine boy?

7 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Boogyman557: 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ

Wat about us way WEED don make our LIPS BLACK

WTF MAN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 8:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ

Wat about us way WEED don make our LIPS BLACK

WTF MAN
I don't get you?

2 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by marsman: 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
Jackanda1:
you think people will elect a 'pretty weak' fine boy?
Yes i do, pretty people gets to be more favoured than other's. And pretty does not symbolise weak

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Boogyman557: 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2022
Jackanda1:
I don't get you?
Holly Gram cool

am ATTRACTIVE but 2much SMOKING of WEED don make my LIPS BLACK

Even d MAMA CHINELO dat sells the WEED even save my number as HELL FIRE..

WTF MAN

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool

am ATTRACTIVE but 2much SMOKING of WEED don make my LIPS BLACK

Even d MAMA CHINELO dat sells the WEED even save my number as HELL FIRE..

WTF MAN
take it easy man embarassed

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2022
marsman:

Yes i do, pretty people gets to be more favoured than other's. And pretty does not symbolise weak
offcourse few people will be nice to you, not most. You won't really understand this things unless you are goodlooking yourself

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by marsman: 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Jackanda1:
offcourse few people will be nice to you, not most. You won't really understand this things unless you are goodlooking yourself
Lol
I can bet it with you that you are wrong have you experimented it.
A pretty face besides a normal face both bidding for a position of leadership. Cause i have seen it before and although the guy was fine and eloquent that day, he didn't really even say much in his manifesto while the other claimed to have experience from the moom to earth. The fine guy won with a huge margin.
Goodlooking people will be able to relate to what i am saying

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
marsman:

Lol
A pretty face besides a normal face both bidding for a position of leadership. Cause i have seen it before and although the guy was fine and eloquent that day, he didn't really even say much in his manifesto while the other claimed to have experience from the moom to earth. The fine guy won with a huge margin.
It's easy to formulate any story to support your believe. But have you favoured a goodlooking before? When most people think you're getting favours everywhere, it can backfire greatly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Huracio(m): 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2022
marsman:

Lol
yes you're very correct... when I was in secondary school back in JSS2 we were to elect new class captain and assistant everyone were asked their choice and they were shouting my name o, I was surprised coz I wasn't even thinking of becoming a class captain and they brought me out and our class teacher their second preferred choice and they brought out Rukayat. at that point concluded I will lost the election to her because she's a girl but lo and behold out from 44 votes I got 31 and she got 13 I was so shocked coz I wasn't really serious back then and not really friendly like that but Rukayat was friendlier and more serious... lol.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by helinues: 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2022
Person wey get time to list all this self get problem

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by marsman: 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jackanda1:
It's easy to formulate any story to support your believe. But have you favoured a goodlooking before? When most people think you're getting favours everywhere, it can backfire greatly.
Try creating a condition to ascertain what i just said. Even among kids the gang is usually built around the good looking kids. I can't really see things from the normal persons world perspective but as regard getting favoured its a fact that i know to be true

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
helinues:
Person wey get time to list all this self get problem
person wey get time to comment nkor? helinues

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by helinues: 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jackanda1:
person wey get time to common nkor?

Pardon!
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2022
Huracio:
yes you're very correct... when I was in secondary school back in JSS2 we were to elect new class captain and assistant everyone were asked their choice and they were shouting my name o, I was surprised coz I wasn't even thinking of becoming a class captain and they brought me out and our class teacher their second preferred choice and they brought out Rukayat. at that point concluded I will lost the election to her because she's a girl but lo and behold out from 44 votes I got 31 and she got 13 I was so shocked coz I wasn't really serious back then and not really friendly like that but Rukayat was friendlier and more serious... lol.
goodlooking people never admit that they are, they never brag about getting favours because of looks.

Most people who brag about been goodlooking are actually average

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by KingDash: 5:56pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jackanda1:
goodlooking people never admit that they are, they never brag about getting favours because of looks.

I don carry fine face collect work so many things, I don nack so many babes, right now e get one yahoo boy babe wey me dey bang bros.. good looks dey sweet.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Fyie: 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Aswerrr...To be fine boy plus introvert na big time curse.

U be fine boy gals go dey feel insecure around u...na to just knack go abeg.

U be fine boy na so u go dey draw unnecessary attention and hate.

U be fine boy...yo boss, neighbors, people go dey put eyes on u anytime u dey talk to any gal, thinking something dey go on between Una..

I no dey even follow pesin wife laugh or talk for long ..I dey cut my lane before dey carry plank wipe me.

Imagine say u be fine boy u no come get money...chai see finish

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Uncle96(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
Some are correct some are not... what I've been through for my looks only God knows but at the same time we thank God.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Huracio(m): 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jackanda1:

yes sure...
Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by winterwind(m): 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2022
good points, i can relate to most of this, but the thing is, with time you understand the game perfectly, so you know when people get defensive/insecure around you and the best you do is walk away or ignore such people entirely, you will come across people who like you genuinely, never try to fit in anywhere or explain yourself to anyone. The world will have something to say regardless.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by confirm0(m): 9:04pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jackanda1:
I understand that good looks definately have advantages, but this thread will only discuss the disadvantages.

I am also aware that been less attractive has drawbacks. The fact that I am discussing the problems of beautiful people doesn't mean ugly people don't have problems. Let's focus on one aspect today.
I have a relative who is very handsome. We grew up, lived and schooled together (nursery-university). We are very close. The points in this thread are from observation.

For some reasons let me add: He was diagnose with anxiety and depression. He had low self esteem and was mostly a loner.

1.People are mostly insecured and intimidated by good looks. So they tend to react defensively against, subdue and humiliate you.

Its the same thing when people know you have a first class grade. You'll hear all sorts of degrading comments. Insecure people people will do anything to put u down, if you've got something they don't have.

2. Most people think life is easy for you,you're getting away with things and you don't have difficulties. So they deliberately decide to treat you with disdain. They think they are bringing about justice.

3. People stereotype you to be arrogant, proud, vain, stuck up, opportunist,mean,dumb etc anything you do or say, people find a way to relate it to the judgement they already have about you.

Thats why people say things like ' Does he have a good character' when discussing about gudlooking ppl.

4. Good looks +shyness is a curse. People don't expect you to be shy. You quietness &social inhibition could be interpretate to mean pride and arrogance.

5.Having a conversation with most people is like acting a poorly scripted movie. It seems people don't know how to act normal around you.

6. People are not free around you. They don't play or joke with you like everyone else. So youre mostly isolated

7. Since people donot expect you to have difficulties. They may be unsympathetic towards your problems,mock you behind your back and even use your trouble against you.

8. You are expected to be confidence, charismatic, have leadership skills, Rich and have a good life. Inability to meet up can cause metal breakdown.

9. You become the center of attention. Topic of discussion and gossip. Your business becomes everyone's business.

10. Even if you are in the right side of an argument. People will side against you.
It seems odd siding you.

11. Fine girls play over hard to get. Most average looking girls are intimidated and see themselves below your league

12. You can't joke or play around with people. They hinge on every word you say and may interpretate it to mean mockery or catty put downs.

14. People think u are shallow, dumb, incapable etc. If a good looking person were to contest for election, most people won't vote for him. You're never taken seriously.

15. Everyone seems to easily believe anything bad about you and are willing to unite against a common enemy- you.

17.You cannot talk about the problems of attractive people, no matter how badly it affects you.

19. If your boss is intimidated by your looks, you might not get that job , no matter the qualification.

20.There are people who judge you negatively but not to point of butting head with you.

So they decide in their mind: ' I won't pay any attention to anything he says', I won't give him any validation or pay him any complements etc.

22. If you recently grew into your looks, you find most of your friends ghosting you.

Read many articles on this before, and I can attest that's it's true especially being an introvert!!! Like me Bad combo,
But another thing is the kind of people you meet though, some are too insecure about them selves so they tend to do all the negative stuffs on you!, While the ones who don't have issues will be the most ones favouring you!!, I receive favour from both genders, girls wanna f! Free, and a lot just free, and another thing is people tend to perceive you dumb or block head if especially you're an introvert until they get to see what you are capable of, then boom! You notice a very high believe from them on you on how intelligent smart and potential you are (they will be telling you), and sometimes most people try to form they know more than you and wants to acts like they teach you everything, maybe you doing a basic task like washing plates you might gets commentd like "is that how to wash", "you don't even know how to do this" "let me teach you how to mup" and all that!
And we'll I don't always feel I'm attractive but people tell me!!

Just my own experience though

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 9:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
winterwind:
good points, i can relate to most of this, but the thing is, with time you understand the game perfectly, so you know when people get defensive/insecure around you and the best you do is walk away or ignore such people entirely, you will come across people who like you genuinely, never try to fit in anywhere or explain yourself to anyone. The world will have something to say regardless.
I am shocked that you understand my post. You are a suspect

2 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Most people feel that you are so full of pride. So they begin to bully, insult, abuse and put you down in the name of humbling you

2 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by KingDash: 12:19am On Jan 20, 2022
Fyie:
Aswerrr...To be fine boy plus introvert na big time curse.

U be fine boy gals go dey feel insecure around u...na to just knack go abeg.

U be fine boy na so u go dey draw unnecessary attention and hate.

U be fine boy...yo boss, neighbors, people go dey put eyes on u anytime u dey talk to any gal, thinking something dey go on between Una..

I no dey even follow pesin wife laugh or talk for long ..I dey cut my lane before dey carry plank wipe me.

Imagine say u be fine boy u no come get money...chai see finish
bros you no lie, fine boy without money na die..

3 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 2:04am On Jan 20, 2022
KingDash:
bros you no lie, fine boy without money na die..
its like having first class without a job.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by fattprince(m): 8:41am On Jan 20, 2022
Jackanda1:

Well that's true. I never see myself as that good-looking but I can relate to most things you listed up there. In my class WhatsApp group I was removed because someone was celebrating birthdays so he invited people when one stupid guy said he shouldn't call people. And I jokingly reply that bros you can't finish all the drinks now. Was that too much to say?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Jackanda1(m): 8:44am On Jan 20, 2022
marsman:
Try creating a condition to ascertain what i just said. Even among kids the gang is usually built around the good looking kids. I can really see things from the normal persons world perspective but as regard getting favoured its a fact that i know to be true
this is another problem goodlooking people have. People can swear that you have a perfect life even if you're on a dead bed.

7 Likes

Re: 31 Problems Of Good Looking People by Zaheertyler(m): 10:19am On Jan 20, 2022
Jackanda1:

It seems odd siding you.

24. You are mostly ignored in a social group. Nobody speaks to you. You'll feel like a goat among lions.

25. People feel they need to compete and win against you. You might notice them unneccesarily showing off what they have that you don't have.

26. Most people act like they have gotten a life time achievement when they embarass, insult and put you down. They seem so happy and fulfilled. Pathetic

27. Most girls who like you but are intimidated by your looks act very aggresive to get your attention. This is usually counterproductive.

28. Since pple think everyone is kind to you, they decide to be the special ones that will make your life miserable.

29. Saying no to a request, cancelling an apointment can take a toll on people's emotions. They feel you are rejecting them or you are proud.

30. I don't know for fine girls, but fine boys tend to reject favors from people becos it makes you feel indebted to them. It also make u seems weak or like a woman. Even lalasticlala and seun can attest to it.

31. You are afraid of loosing your looks since its the only thing people value about you.
No 4
Sad but God dey

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Marries Three Women Same Day In Benue / How Do You Control Sexual Urge When You Are Single.? / Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.