Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (23486 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by doublekay: 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2011
nairaland by seun osewa
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2011
reading psquare  embarassed
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by oyinmama(f): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2011
Tears of the Moon, the second in a trilogy by Nora Roberts. Just finished the first, Jewels of the Sun & plan to read the third Heart of the Sea next!
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by MAYOWAAK: 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2011
Nelson Mandela's Long Walk to Freedom.The book is a document of inspiration.A must read for anyone interested in personal courage,self sacrifice and the spirit of collective diligence.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by damipaul(m): 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2011
just finished "One God, One Message' written by Paul Bramsen. The book is loaded, enjoyed it (you have to be patient, especially when he introduces his points).
Reading the 'The Dignity of Manhood' now, Gbile Akanni
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by BodyKiss(m): 10:57pm On Aug 16, 2011
Picture me coming
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2011
Ton clancy's op-center. Divide and conquer. I am a very busy individual so it's taking me an awful lot of time to finish it.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nija4Life(m): 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2011
Just started reading 'The Privilege of Youth' by Dave Pelzer.
Previously read 'The Lost Boy' by the same author, an inspirational story by a young man with a troubled upbringing who finally found succour despite his inability to settle with different foster carers.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by nagoma(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
I am reading;
"Africa Doesn't Matter" - by Giles Bolton and "Balancing Democracy" by Roland Axtmann ( editor)
I have just finished reading "The history of God" - By Karen Armstrong( a must read), and
" Zuwan Turawa Nigeria"  - A non fiction written in Hausa language by A. mani. A good vivid historical account of the colonial occupation of Nigeria, published in UK 1956 ( edited by A.N. Skinner.).
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Brisingr(m): 2:32am On Aug 17, 2011
jack and jill by james patterson
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by yaya9ja(f): 6:04am On Aug 17, 2011
I just finished reading Night by Elie wiese (a good book but it gave nightmare cry)
i know why the caged bird sings by Maya Angelou (lovely book and funny.) i was jus tryin to read Sarah Palin's book but got discouraged nd i am no longer interested undecided
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by joideviv(m): 7:31am On Aug 17, 2011
Sorry but this has to be said,u guys shud try to state the price of the books and address where u bought em 4 easy access to those longing to av em, me for one will like to av some.
Thanks,
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Tjluv: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2011
Battlefield of the mind, ,, Joyce Meyer
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by tushbobo(m): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2011
I'm currently readin
The best business advice I ve received by Donald Trump
Eat dat frog by Brian Tracy
Project Management Professional series by Crosswind Inc
The Holy Bible by the Holy Spirit
MY head wan scatter,
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by deenee: 9:14am On Aug 17, 2011
'The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable' by Nassim Nicholas Taleb

and

'Willful Blindness:Why We Ignore the Obvious at Our Peril' by Margaret Heffernan

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by deenee: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2011
I would recommend '33 Strategies of War and 48 Laws of Power ' by Robert Greene. These two books are 'timeless classics' and of course 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by yemipretty(f): 9:47am On Aug 17, 2011
I am currently reading "You must Set Forth At Dawn" by Wole Soyinka. Absolutely splendid book. Puts Nigeria's history in context. I expected the book to be as subjective as Obasanjo's My Command and Not My Will. You must set forth gives a factual representation of Nigeria as wolen soyinka lived it, albeit in a very dispassionate and objective manner.

Before this I read Hillary Clinton's "Living History". Made me fall in love with Bill Clinton all over again. Next Read is Bill Clinton's book and then on to Nelson Mandela's Long Road/Walk to Freedom. I'm stuck on Memoirs and Autobiographies this year grin
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ben13: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2011
In search of wise quotes. . .Just started with this though. I find it very interesting. The Republic by Plato. wink
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by omaojo1: 9:58am On Aug 17, 2011
abraham's children in bondage by dr d. k. olukoya- g.o. mountain of fire and miracles ministries.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by nagoma(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2011
kiti1  dear that's a very good read from you ~~   i have read this book and really influence ma life one way or the other      .

Quote from: Ekiti1 on June 26, 2011, 01:34 PM
Just finished "the godfather" by mario puzo. The best mafia novel I ve ever read.
Dont kno what to read next. Have about 15 James hadley chase, 5 John Grisham,  4 Robert ludlum and a host of others all in pdf format.[quote][/quote]

Yes great work. The film too is good , cannot be as good as the book but Marlon Brando did well.

Ekiti1 will love to read works of - Sidney Sheldon, Harold Robbins,Arthur Hailey and Jeffrey Archer . The are not strictly crime in Hadley Chase pattern but are the natural transition from Agatha Christie and Hadley Chase.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 17, 2011
@ Ekiti1,

kindly send those books in pdf into my inbox, I'd be grateful. my mail is fxinfo2@gmail.com
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by sirgeorge(m): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2011
Ben-10:

In search of wise quotes. . .Just started with this though. I find it very interesting. The Republic by Plato. wink
Tried this about two weeks back.Don't think i'm at that level yet philosophy wise.Big ups to you

Brisingr:

jack and jill by james patterson

Bloody good read.Enjoy

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by timpaker(m): 11:04am On Aug 17, 2011
i'm reading "My Hero" by Asika Ikechukwu and "How to Seduce a Princess" by John Thomas. cool cool cool
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ekiti 1, i'll b glad if u cn send copies of ur ebook 2 my mail, vickipad@yahoo.ca
@ topic, done wt Angels n Demons,Deception point,Da vinci code, now readin d lost symbol, Al authored by my main man Dan Brown,
Plannin 2 read d laws of seduction by Robert greene in d nearest future.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by omotisa: 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2011
I am reading along with my Book Club http://pulpfaction.org.ng/, two books which were selected for the month of the August: Lola Shoneyin 's 'The Secret Lives of Baba Segi's Wives' and a new biography of Chief Obafemi Awolowo written by Olufemi Ogunsanwo titled 'Awo: Unfinised Greatness'

They are two great reads.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ben13: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2011
sir george:

Tried this about two weeks back.Don't think i'm at that level yet philosophy wise.Big ups to you

lol same way I felt but before I knew it, in the first one hour, I've reached the page 67. cheesy
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by larablog: 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2011
BILL LETTS- WHERE THE HEART LIES
VERY TOUCHING

FOR YOUR FAVOURITE AUTHORS E-BOOKS DON'T FOR GET TO CHECK OUT
www.9jabookmania..com

GET THEM FOR FREE
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by MyneWhite1(f): 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2011
My books cheesy grin

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Harmvirus(f): 11:13pm On Aug 17, 2011
A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY BY John Irving
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by obi123: 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2011
Farmished road by Ben Okri
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by obi123: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2011
the Secret Lives of baba segi's wives-- very interesting read
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by obi123: 11:52pm On Aug 17, 2011
The book of night women by Marlon James, i could not stop crying after reading this book

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria" / Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.