Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (23490 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by chakula: 11:57am On Oct 20, 2011
Tell me your Dreams.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by PresidentO: 12:11pm On Oct 20, 2011
I started a reading club at Wahab Folawiyo High school in Ikoyi Lagos. We are reading Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda N. Adichie. The students have very interesting insights during dicussion time. They have to pick the next book we will read and I am interested to see what they will pick.

Read the blog post here: http://onaturals..com/2011/10/reading-club.html
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by HyeBits: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
The World Without Us - Alan Weisman
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ugobelu: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
The five love languages by Dr. Chapman
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by GrownMan(m): 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2011
The Rise of Antichrist NICOLAE by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B Jenkins
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Connoisseur(m): 4:50pm On Oct 20, 2011
zeal500:

just finished Ukwa ruo oge ya oda
Reading :Isi Akwu dara n ala edetula Aja

i'd have to give a series of exams on these books
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Connoisseur(m): 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
Tinyemeka:

In between studying for my ACCA, I've just finished Abduction by Robin Cook, The Last Juror by John Grisham (my best author; never disappoints), and then Road to Omaha by Robert Ludlum for the fourth time (I was laughing all through the book. Don't know why someone said the book was boring). These I finished in the space of last week.

Next in line are Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Silence of the Lambs (Doc Hannibal 'the Cannibal' Lecter) by Thomas Harris, then whatever else catches my fancy. John Grisham preferably.

well never got around to finish 'Road to Omaha' but if you read it for th 4th time and laughed all through, then maybe i could go back and try to finish it.

You ve got quite a collection lined up though
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2011
Ian Rankin writing as Jack Harvey ~ Blood Hunt
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ladygogo: 1:11am On Oct 21, 2011
I started reading Behold A Pale Horse by Milton William Cooper. There is a PDF copy available on the internet.The Writer of the book is dead.

Its all about conspiracy theories and isht,

I just couldnt sleep after I read the first chapter of this book, because I was having all sorts of nightmares and ish, lol.

For the record,did you know one of the past Popes was a Nazi? Yeah?
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nikky04(f): 8:56am On Oct 21, 2011
kunmibola:

Reading 'Greg Iles, Sleep no More'.

Was wondering when someone would mention Greg Iles. He is the one author whose books I have found refreshingly engaging. I would recommend his books to any connoisseur of good books.

My favourites are Mortal Fear, True Lies, Dead Sleep, The Quiet Game and Blood Memory; in fact all his books. We re - read mortal fear self after am through with Oliver Strange's western series - "Sudden"
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by spicyhoney(f): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
'The Poet' by Michael Connelly.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by sirgeorge(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2011
Paradise Lost-John Milton
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ajibel(m): 4:01am On Oct 23, 2011
Honor among thieves by jeffrey archer
Angels and demons by dan brown
The FBI series from catherine coulter
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ElmA1(f): 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
Zoya-Danielle Steel
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by just2nice(m): 5:29pm On Oct 28, 2011
I have been reading James Rollins' Sigma Forces series and I am totally enjoying it.
Now reading:
Clive Cussler- The Wrecker
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by HyeBits: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2011
One Man, One Matchet - By T.M. Aluko. This a great book in which a page keep you turning the next. It is a masterpiece. Re-reading for the 5th time.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by sirgeorge(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2011
meditations-marcus aurelius
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by HyeBits: 9:51am On Nov 10, 2011
Excerpt from One Man, One Matchet:

" You read the same books. But you confuse us who are not educated. You tell us different things. Yet you read the same books. Why then do you read different things from the same books?"
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Xfactor2(f): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2011
The Weddding Gift by Kathleen McKena
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by joanana(f): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
Patricia Cornwell - All That Remains
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ayox2003: 7:26pm On May 12, 2012
Character Is Destiny by John McCain.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Netra: 10:35am On May 16, 2012
The Blackmail Baby by Natalie Rivers (Harlequin Presents). I'm having fun reading it. I am also a romance writer. Netty Ejike. Please check out my novels - OBSESSION, HIS SIN, STORMY AFFAIR and AN IMPIOUS PROPOSAL.

Paperbacks available at The hub - Lagos and Enugu, Kizito Bookshop, Abuja,
Eastern shop and Roban store in Enugu.

Ebooks available at:
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Romantia
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Netty+Ejike
https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-obsession-786979-149.html
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by cutie999(f): 7:02pm On May 18, 2012
Mission compromised - oliver north....
Action packed .....very interestin
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Jyde89: 9:29pm On May 18, 2012
"A to Z of public speaking",by Dame Patience Jonathan and "the importance of family planning",by Tu face idibia.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by sashaa(f): 5:37pm On May 19, 2012
Uncle tom's cabin- Harriet Beecher Stowe.
Never has a book affected me so
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 19, 2012
I am reading THE DISCIPLE by STEVEN COONTS and am loving every moment on it.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by gechbaby(f): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2012
Am readin the trials of brother jero by wole soyinka nd also d lion and d jewel
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by chivaley(f): 1:18am On Jun 28, 2012
McNally's Dilemma- Lawrence Sanders
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2012
I am currently reading "Hannibal" by Thomas Harris. Lovely novel and even lovelier movie
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by tpia5: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2012
This book by henry gates where he chronicles some celebrities across generations.

Very interesting even though i feel the dna stuff should have been in a separate volume because its a bit distracting.

But it was very nice learning about people's roots.

He had photos, everything.

Wish i could have photos of my great great ancestors like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria" / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos / 'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.