Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (23493 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2011
BlueDiva:

I still enjoyed it though.
In my eyes, Sydney is always right. cheesy

I"m one of his greatest fans.

No doubt about it , He's a prolific writer,

Read his book Nothing lasts forever about 6 years ago and can only find few RM books that have matched the plot, only that i dont feel Sands of time,

Due to the recommendations on here, am on Sigma Protocol now, will tell you how it goes when am done
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by bymyloveon: 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2011
hello my dear
how are you today and your family, I hope dear fine
my name is Favour. I was impressed when i saw your contact on www.nairaland.com i have a reason for contacting you and i will like you to send me an email through my private email (favour_86@yahoo.com)for something important which i will like to share with you. i believe that i can establish a long lasting relationship with you. please i will be happy to see your reply thanks yours Favour.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by oohjay(m): 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2011
On Chesil Beach, Ian McEwan, Trying to run through 25 books this year, currently on the 8th,
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 25, 2011
oohjay:

On Chesil Beach, Ian McEwan, Trying to run through 25 books this year, currently on the 8th,

25 Books ? Thats nice,

Just finished Sigma Protocol, it was upto the "hype"
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by doyin13(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2011
Finished Yasmina Reza's ''Art'' in a jiffy. A play that was a critical and commercial success, I had been looking forward to reading it but it proved a monumental disappointment.

Apparently, a contemplation on the meaning of art and the evolution of a friendship, I found it utterly incompetent on the themes it set out to explore. And worse, I searched in vain for the funny moments as promised and I can't remember one single memorable gag. Nada.

There is currently a penchant for plays which satirise middle class life, a sort of in-joke which the largely middle class theater going crowd seem to share. Unless you are privy to this in-joke, I suggest you better give this play and others of its ilk a miss.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by GoldCircle: 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2011
Now discover you strengths by Marcus Buckingham & Donald O. Clifton.

Not a bad book at all. An international bestseller that explains how to develop your talents and those of the people you manage.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by kemmeye: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2011
mdsocks:

No doubt about it , He's a prolific writer,

Read his book Nothing lasts forever about 6 years ago and can only find few RM books that have matched the plot, only that i dont feel Sands of time,

Due to the recommendations on here, am on Sigma Protocol now, will tell you how it goes when am done

i also love sidney sheldon ive read every single one of his books. lol i have the whole collection cant believe he's dead. Anyways i currently reading whiteout by ken follet awesome
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by yinkalink(f): 7:01am On Jul 27, 2011
Eaters of d dead-Michael Crichton
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by yinkalink(f): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2011
Skipping christmas-john grisham.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by donedeal: 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2011
Who moved my cheese?
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ektbear: 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2011
From Third World to First : The Singapore Story: 1965-2000.

Amazing, amazing book.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by sirgeorge(m): 10:54pm On Aug 03, 2011
ekt_bear:

From Third World to First : The Singapore Story: 1965-2000.

Amazing, amazing book.

I concur.Never got to finish it though.Looking for where i can buy it.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by sirgeorge(m): 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2011
Joys of motherhood-Buchi Emecheta

Seriously Chimamanda ain't got s**t on this.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ektbear: 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2011
sir george:

I concur.Never got to finish it though.Looking for where i can buy it.

I searched around for a copy on one of the torrent sites first, wasn't able to find one. Ended up ordering online.

Makes me wonder what naija would have looked like if we'd had leadership like his.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 5:48am On Aug 04, 2011
sir george:

True, my only problem with Buchi is that all her books have the same theme i.e. long suffering woman who against all odds eventually emancipates herself
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 04, 2011
kemmeye:

i also love sidney sheldon ive read every single one of his books. lol i have the whole collection cant believe he's dead. Anyways i currently reading whiteout by ken follet awesome

Me too, my all time favourite - Rage of Angels. That was an awesome read
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Bawss1(m): 8:45am On Aug 08, 2011
Mind Lines by Micheal Hall. Very insightful stuff I must say.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by yusuf2(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2011
At Last, I'm done with Brad Thor's "The Last Patriot", was not so captivating if i must say, i'm now on Stephen King's "Hearts in Atlantis" , Mehn, don't know of anyone else, but S.King is da best to me.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Bawss1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
I was warned before I started reading Mind Lines that I was about to enter a bewildering world. Its very easy to get lost in its myriad of paradigms but the beauty of it all is striking. A really interesting read.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by slap1(m): 12:12am On Aug 11, 2011
sir george:

LOL. True story, bro! Buchi is tight. Try her Second Class Citizen and No Bride Price. She rocks!
naijababe:

True, my only problem with Buchi is that all her books have the same theme i.e. long suffering woman who against all odds eventually emancipates herself
. . .yeah, plus the veiled insinuation that the world can do without men. Well, it's called Feminism.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by larablog: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2011
book addicts, your answer is here.
download free e-books with no strings attached from this site
www.9jabookmania..com
the library is filled with a variety of authors and titles.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by isquar3d3(m): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
Thrillers get me. I'v read 15 John Grisham books, 4 Dan Brown, 4 Tom Clancy, 2 Jonathan Kellerman, 3 Stephen King and hundreds of other random selection. I need 2 lay my itchy hands on Dan Brown's latest book, The Lost Symbol. I'm nt an e-book person, i'm more of a collector. Anytime i wake up nd i see my book shelf wit d many books there, i smile, dunno y. D best i'v read remains D davinci code, bourne identity, kiss d girls, angels nd demons, the client and d hunt 4 red october in no particular order. Awesome thrillers!
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by PeeBee: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2011
"why you act the way you do"-Tim LaHaye and "The texan's happily-ever-after"-Karen Rose Smith
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2011
Rechless Homicide by Ira Gernberg. nice debut book from the author.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by sirgeorge(m): 5:43am On Aug 15, 2011
Just finished Henry vi(part 1,2&3) and King Richard iii by shakespeare.Currently on a Comedy of Errors
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by UyiIredia(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2011
Darwin On Trial by Philip Johnson
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:50pm On Aug 15, 2011
kiss kiss kiss kiss wink
Uyi Iredia:

Darwin On Trial by Philip Johnson
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2011
Soza boy - Ken Saro Wiwa
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Rgp92: 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
The kane Chronicles: The red pyramid
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2011
George Orwell's 1984.
read it about a thousand times, guess cos its still lying by my shampoo bottle on the WC!
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by LewsTherin: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2011
I'm on an Isaac Asimov marathon! Did The Gods Themselves and End of Eternity by on sunday. Just finished Foundation and Earth. About to start Cleon The Emperor, Still have over 100 novels and short stories! Yaaaayyyyy!!!
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by femmy2010(m): 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2011
Last Testament - John Grisham.

House should please recommend any other "cant stop reading" .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria" / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos / 'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.