Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse (43224 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse. / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by johnsonpal: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2022
Social Media a place where people share their lives with people that don't even care. What is the rationale behind showing strangers on the internet that don't give a rat ass that you are happy, sad, rich? just because for likes and comments ? Why do we seek people validation so much in this generation ? The extreme rate people go to trend online these days is quite alarming. From fake concocted stories , to borrowing clothes and what not, to fake bs twitter bants, to the unnecessary rudeness just to claim savage. You can't even go on a lunch date in peace without someone busy updating snapchat with the food and location. Omo! this generation !!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Martinez39s(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2022
Olaideolayemi:
You better warn your brother very well.. because he may regret later..she have pleaded and learnt from her mistake.. Nobody is perfect,he should just make it clear that next time such things happened.Thats is the end..
How do you know she has learnt from her mistakes?

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by MilkANDpepper: 11:54am On Jan 22, 2022
Your brother is exactly my kind. Even as a gf, we have a misunderstanding and you put it on social media... That's it. Your brother listens to possibly hear something to give him worthwhile reason not to go ahead but so far nothing and that's why.
His type just like myself can forgive the worst but with a reasonable reason for doing whatever it was. Trust me he is wishing someone can convince him. Thing is if he remains with her, she won't find him the man she used to know. He knows it and that's why he is adamant. He is my kind.
Genesiszero:

Thanks a lot for your time and advice, I'll make sure I try more tomorrow. I wish he'll just here any of us! The funny thing is that, he'll give you a listening ear with all maximum respect and then after you're done talking he'll tell you he's made up his mind..... I'll try more tomorrow just like you've advised.

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Isokoboy(m): 11:55am On Jan 22, 2022
thorpido:
Keep appealing to your brother.Get his pastor or an elder he respects to intervene.
Her offence is not too bad to just throw the marriage away.

Own kind of pple hardly listen to pastor .... Get who he loves and respect so much...lyk his mother to almost knee and beg him...that is the secret..if e nor work...forget about it

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by dodoatirice: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2022
Your brother gon sack his woman for bringing issues to social media, they you’re doing the same thing by bringing it here. How are you any different from your brother’s wife? See as people dey use mouth paint matter wey chai. Make i no talk

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by olabrad: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2022
thorpido:
Keep appealing to your brother.Get his pastor or an elder he respects to intervene.
Her offence is not too bad to just throw the marriage away.

Do you know the actual offence? So, how do you know it is not too bad?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 22, 2022
He will soon disown you too. Because you self don post the matter for social media.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:58am On Jan 22, 2022
I dont even feel sorry for her undecided her attitude reminds me of somebody angry

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by sorextee(m): 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
Five gbosa for ur brother. I swear if na me, I will do same, without backing down (after warning her several times). The internet or rather social media is so fill of trolls. They tend to believe the first reporter, without hearing the other side.

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Afonasa(m): 11:59am On Jan 22, 2022
Ur bro reminds me of my uncle,he's a benevolent man and a philanthropist, the little thing I realise is,u need to study them as person,but if they get angry at you.....I bet my balls u will regret knowing him.

Just try to beg enough,but then its a miracle if he changes his mind.

Freelancing gets better with good gigs and great reviews, if not you ain't doing it right,and that's where I come in to help u get it right even as a newbie. Check my signature for more info
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by nike4love: 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

I'm scared brother, these man can endure even the worst of all attitude you can ever imagine from a woman.. But I don't know what came over my brother to decide these all of a sudden

That woman will kill your brother, there are lots of things ur brother is passing through maybe he doesn't want anybody to know.....

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by MufasaLion: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
This is exactly something I can do also. I wouldn't want you to be disturbed too much. Not everyone likes this social media frenzy. I personally, I'm a ghost on social media.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Martinez39s(m): 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

My mom was whom I first called especially the moment I heard him calling the lawyer for the divorce papers........ It's been a week plus now... He's hell bent in his decision...... I'm even heart touched by the cry of these Lady.... I've done my best... Will keep trying and for the Pastor, that one no too like church things to much
Stop being a simp. You and others are advising your brother to persist despite red flags because you all have bought into the idea that marriage is too holy to break even when a woman is misbehaving big time. Can't you see you all are blue pill agents trying to keep your brother in the plantation? Agent Smiths. grin

Lol. Her cries are touching you even though she is in the wrong. Stop letting a woman's tears move you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by samdaisi: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
My brother your brother should please forgive the woman since your mother has stepped in because our mothers are d semi God,
Please your brother should go and learn from your Daddy because marriage has gone beyond physical it's like your brother is reigning today tomorrow might be the woman turn because immediately the issue is settled her friends will tell her what she needs to do to arrest and manipulate him, thank God you said he's not a person that believe in pastor

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Martinez39s(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Her offence is not too bad

Her husband constantly warns her of doing a particular thing but she keeps doing it anyway so what is not too bad in that?

If you can't understand, learn and do what your partner likes and want in marriage then you don't have any business being married in the first place.
Thank you.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by LaJoe2: 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
if he were a knowledgeable Christian, he should know he's not permitted to divorce, but to separate.
Save himself lawyer fees and just separate.
GOD hates divorce.
Plus remain single while separated. If he feels the need for a woman in his life, then be reconciled to her.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by safarigirl(f): 12:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Berryli:
finally, a comment from someone with a functional brain. No one is applauding her for taking her marriage to social media but it takes two to tango. To all those already calling the woman names and calling for divorce, it just shows how shallow minded people can be

Shebi their issue has made it to Nairaland Front Page thanks to an in-law that will not mind his business

Someone should do a thread on why in-laws will never mind their business and feel the need to bring family issues to social media.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by safarigirl(f): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
nike4love:

That woman will kill your brother, there are lots of things ur brother is passing through maybe he doesn't want anybody to know.....

His brother will use his hand and kill himself

You don't even know the couple personally, somebody is coming here to tell us how his brother is such a faultless saint and you're eating it up because your preferred gender is being painted as a saint.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Tadeus(m): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:
My brother has been a well disciplined man, he has married a woman whom he love dearly, sometimes I wish If I was a woman, I'll marry him! Gentle, calm, humble, educated, exposed with a very good source of livelihood. Doesn't smoke, drink or womanize And most importantly, God fearing. Maybe heritage from our dad.

But I never could have imagined it that what seems like a blissful marriage of my brother could end just like that. What is the problem? Social media! They had an issue, and she went and posted it there, from WhatsApp to Facebook and the worst of all twitter and some stupid women group which she seems to be a member of, may be there is some Judges there, come and see some people passing judgment even without hearing the other side of the story.

He warned her series of time not to ever post any family related issues to the media. I can remember while I was still with them, he always tells her if she ever has anything about him, she should call him and discus it with him or better still report to our parent. I don't know if it's a family thing for us or something, personally, I'm not too good with these social media of a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, my brother is the best and cool personality I had ever come in contact with, But these act of hers has been the height of it for him.

Brethren as I'm talking to you now, my brother has contacted a lawyer to prepare the divorce papers. Our parents and family members has called a meeting, we begged him for almost a week now but he stood his ground about the divorce, her family has come to apologize and beg for reconciliation for the both of them but to no avail, I spoke to him personally and begged like what you could ever imagine but our please fell on deaf ear. He personally told me that if his wife had gone to the court, he would've preferred it. If there is absolutely anything I know about my brother is him being a man of his words. She has done countless of things to him and She'll call us to apologize all the time and he'll forgive especially when my mom is involved. But for these I don't know what To say, she has cried and cried her eyes all out but for where It seems My brother has made up his mind, But if I may ask the ladies, why always the social media, going out there to claim the victims card.

Sorry I don't have much time neither am I good with telling stories, if not, I should have narrated what led to the whole problem but is a long epistle on it own....

Why is too hard to know what your spouse want and dislike. Note: he doesn't even want you posting his image in any media platform even on his birthdays, we're kinda some sort of reserved people in my family.

The marriage is three years old.
Not everybody likes these social media of a thing.

Please tell your brother to go ahead with his decision. Is better to remain single, healthy with rest of mind than being in a relationship that will shorten your life.

I will never plead with anybody to remain in his/her relationship. People are going through alot. For him to insist on the divorce, his peace and life is at stake .

If you want your brother alive, support his decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by TrumpDonald2: 12:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:
My brother has been a well disciplined man, he has married a woman whom he love dearly, sometimes I wish If I was a woman, I'll marry him! Gentle, calm, humble, educated, exposed with a very good source of livelihood. Doesn't smoke, drink or womanize And most importantly, God fearing. Maybe heritage from our dad.

But I never could have imagined it that what seems like a blissful marriage of my brother could end just like that. What is the problem? Social media! They had an issue, and she went and posted it there, from WhatsApp to Facebook and the worst of all twitter and some stupid women group which she seems to be a member of, may be there is some Judges there, come and see some people passing judgment even without hearing the other side of the story.

He warned her series of time not to ever post any family related issues to the media. I can remember while I was still with them, he always tells her if she ever has anything about him, she should call him and discus it with him or better still report to our parent. I don't know if it's a family thing for us or something, personally, I'm not too good with these social media of a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, my brother is the best and cool personality I had ever come in contact with, But these act of hers has been the height of it for him.

Brethren as I'm talking to you now, my brother has contacted a lawyer to prepare the divorce papers. Our parents and family members has called a meeting, we begged him for almost a week now but he stood his ground about the divorce, her family has come to apologize and beg for reconciliation for the both of them but to no avail, I spoke to him personally and begged like what you could ever imagine but our please fell on deaf ear. He personally told me that if his wife had gone to the court, he would've preferred it. If there is absolutely anything I know about my brother is him being a man of his words. She has done countless of things to him and She'll call us to apologize all the time and he'll forgive especially when my mom is involved. But for these I don't know what To say, she has cried and cried her eyes all out but for where It seems My brother has made up his mind, But if I may ask the ladies, why always the social media, going out there to claim the victims card.

Sorry I don't have much time neither am I good with telling stories, if not, I should have narrated what led to the whole problem but is a long epistle on it own....

Why is too hard to know what your spouse want and dislike. Note: he doesn't even want you posting his image in any media platform even on his birthdays, we're kinda some sort of reserved people in my family.

Some ladies are easily so carried away. They want attention by all means and social media has given them a platform. Some people due to their nature are very private. And that is the nature of your brother. Just like me, I hate anything concerning me being posted on social media including my birthday. It's just of recent that I started letting go on that because it was causing problem with the people I care about.

It's really a big sin to your brother. I hope he can be able to forgive her. Tell her to try making a solemn promise that it will never happen again. I hope that helps him change his mind.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by CountVersailles(f): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

Try learn better how to use your tenses, plurals especially "these" and "this". Your writing was barely readable.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Ishilove: 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
Na wetin she dey find she don see. I think her body don calm down.

When something is broken, fix it. Don't throw it away. Give the man sometime for his bitterness to abate then let mum talk to him again.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Ofadaman(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
It's the teller dilemma, it hit me when I picked up my phone to call a radio station about some happenings and I had to add some spice to the gist to make it exciting, the truth with tellers dilemma is if you listen to too many stories and confession overtime you'd feel compelled to want to tell your story ,the major motive is to have a reason to be the victim and get sympathy ,to be the center of attention, even if it looks stupid, you'd marvel how powerful story telling, victim playing and sympathy seeking can be to women. A girl may pick up a quarrel with her bf just to experience sympathy of heart break by just seeing how a fellow girl received sympathy/attention, I've seen women sleep with people outside their husbands/fiance/bf just to experience some things said in those social groups/forums, I've seen women engage in all sort of vices and all just to feel amongst the coalition. The power of social affirmation, victim carding and sympathy seeking is more than you can imagine, it's a facade and often times people trapped in this get more validation from social pages than from real people, the moment you're stuck with a girl/guy who can't really wait to show the world what they are doing for every slightest fun they have in goes to social media, they take pictures before eating, everyone knows the corners of their rooms cause they make TikTok videos every minute. Pls avoid them.

I'd leave you with this word,
"People who are truly living their best lives, have little motivation to want to show the world that they are living their best lives, because best lives do not need social validation".

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Originalsly: 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

I'm scared brother, these man can endure even the worst of all attitude you can ever imagine from a woman.. But I don't know what came over my brother to decide these all of a sudden

Doesn't one straw have verrrrry little weight?.... but if you keep loading straws on the back of a camel .... wouldn't the weight be increasing? ... and if you continue to load.... wouldn't the weight meet a point where it can break the back of the camel? ... and should it meet that point... and just one straw is added ... would it not break the back of the camel? ... wouldn't that straw be the last straw that broke the camel's back?

Her posting their issue on SM is the last straw that broke the camel's back. The same way you wouldn't say it is only one straw and that shouldn't break the camel's back .... it is the same way you shouldn't say but it is just this one time she posted on SM he should forgive her.
You can explain to his wife in SM terms .... she has been blocked and he is now scrolling to have her deleted .... she is finished. It's like football.... you violate the rules seriously ... yellow card ... warning.... you disregard the warning ... red card ... you're out. Your brother has issued red card . You too need to understand and learn from this situation .... there is a limit to what a man can tolerate... and a man with a cool head like your brother do not make rash decisions... it was long in the making... and he knew all of you would be pleading on her behalf... content yourself that you have tried... allow him to live his life.
You can take the horse to the water but you can't make him drink.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by cayorday89(m): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2022
bahdpersona:
I like your brother's reaction, people like your brother can repeat warning for innumerable times but when it's time to penalize their offenders , nothing can stop them.
My thought while reading it, I can give warnings and also give you time to change or correct whatever it is I am not okay with and the moment I take my stand no one can change it. That man values his peace of mind at this moment and nothing can be traded for it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by lomprico(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

I love your bro! He is a MAN!
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Thatssobeyonce(f): 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
SmellySperm:
Women and social media. Most of them all they do is sit at home,eat,snap,chat and make stupid videos for the gram.
Kudos to your bro. Good riddance

So u support the divorce? Selfish being.

Serves her right tho, buh he should forgive her this time
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Thatssobeyonce(f): 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
bahdpersona:
I like your brother's reaction, people like your brother can repeat warning for innumerable times but when it's time to penalize their offenders , nothing can stop them.

Buh his decision is kinda harsh, i agree she messed up buh still a divorce is too much. If they have a kid, then they're punishing their kids as well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
What social media cannot do does not exist,ladies you see any small thing you will post ,most marriages that are breaking up is due to social media.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by ogawisdom(m): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
Weak ground for divorce

No court will grant it, more so when the wife doesn't want it.

Divorce is not a simple thing
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by lagosrd: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
The reason your brother is been obstinate is exactly what you're doing to him again. He doesn't like unnecessary publicity especially social media. Simple. Let him teach that lady common sense . most of them seems not to know what they are doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Took Her In And She Seduced My Husband / Nigerian Man Brutally Beats Wife To Pulp, Breaks Her Ankle (graphic Photos) / Photo : How Many Of You Have Seen This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.