Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse (43220 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse. / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Pzpropertylimit(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ur brother is passing through hell in the hands of that stubborn woman that u didn't know .
My brother , they should first separate and learn first . The rate men are dying before their wives is too high !

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by phemmyfour: 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:
My brother has been a well disciplined man, he has married a woman whom he love dearly, sometimes I wish If I was a woman, I'll marry him! Gentle, calm, humble, educated, exposed with a very good source of livelihood. Doesn't smoke, drink or womanize And most importantly, God fearing. Maybe heritage from our dad.

But I never could have imagined it that what seems like a blissful marriage of my brother could end just like that. What is the problem? Social media! They had an issue, and she went and posted it there, from WhatsApp to Facebook and the worst of all twitter and some stupid women group which she seems to be a member of, may be there is some Judges there, come and see some people passing judgment even without hearing the other side of the story.

He warned her series of time not to ever post any family related issues to the media. I can remember while I was still with them, he always tells her if she ever has anything about him, she should call him and discus it with him or better still report to our parent. I don't know if it's a family thing for us or something, personally, I'm not too good with these social media of a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, my brother is the best and cool personality I had ever come in contact with, But these act of hers has been the height of it for him.

Brethren as I'm talking to you now, my brother has contacted a lawyer to prepare the divorce papers. Our parents and family members has called a meeting, we begged him for almost a week now but he stood his ground about the divorce, her family has come to apologize and beg for reconciliation for the both of them but to no avail, I spoke to him personally and begged like what you could ever imagine but our please fell on deaf ear. He personally told me that if his wife had gone to the court, he would've preferred it. If there is absolutely anything I know about my brother is him being a man of his words. She has done countless of things to him and She'll call us to apologize all the time and he'll forgive especially when my mom is involved. But for these I don't know what To say, she has cried and cried her eyes all out but for where It seems My brother has made up his mind, But if I may ask the ladies, why always the social media, going out there to claim the victims card.

Sorry I don't have much time neither am I good with telling stories, if not, I should have narrated what led to the whole problem but is a long epistle on it own....

Why is too hard to know what your spouse want and dislike. Note: he doesn't even want you posting his image in any media platform even on his birthdays, we're kinda some sort of reserved people in my family.

The marriage is three years old.
Not everybody likes these social media of a thing.
And what are you doing on social media
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by brainycaleb(m): 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
OP, surprisingly it appears that your brother and I are both cut from the same material 100% except that I'm not very financially stable for now.

I once broke up with an ex for a simple Lie which isn't that simple.

The stage where your mother(also appears to be my only reset button) which apparently is the only one to help change his mind is over, there isn't anything anyone on any side of the family can do now so let the woman enjoy the fruit of her labour!

And no, your brother will not miss her or ever regret his action instead he will be filled with rage anytime he thinks about it for the short foreseeable future, until he heals and he'd avoid women too until then.

His high level of intelligence caused this because he had simulated everything in his mind before now and is disaappointed in his choice of woman for a life partner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Exceed15: 1:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
odinson1:
Dude Your Brother is a Man Worthty of Respect. This is how you discipline a woman,by making her know she's easily Replaceable. Some foolish men will advise you to have a heart to heart conversation with your wife and beg her,these Are just a waste of time because she will only use that Conversation to Manipulate you even further.

But... I'll advise him not to divorce her...yet. the fear of divorce alone is enough for her to Know who is the Man of the house.
Trust me,she will never misbehave in that house ever again

I love ur comment bro.. but don't speak for her o
If small air blow am now she go resume her stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Arsenate(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
AfroKnight:

Lol. I guess “eventually” means nothing to you in a sentence.

As usual, “society” is the culprit when it suits you people. A man asks for privacy and you interpret it as asking for worship. How did you arrive at that?

Interesting that the woman who entertained the opinions of women like you now regrets her indiscretion. He will get his divorce. It’s only a matter of time.
That's what social media toxic women do to wittingly or unwittingly sow seeds of discords among couples. Basically read meanings into innocuous situations or requests like the emboldened.

E.g.

"Ah, your husband says he prefers his meals microwaved most times; hmmm, I think he wants to turn you into his slave."

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by LordOfTheGame: 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2022
Your brother is the man and I respect him so much. Not like me way get soft mind and will quickly forgive anyone be he a man or woman. Sometimes I use to blame myself or my parents for the kind of soft heart that I have.
But he can also forgive her or at least not rush into the divorce stage bit rather send her back to her parents house as a penalty and final warning.
I hate this idea of rushing to the social media to seek validation or opinion of people who have nothing to contribute to your betterment.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Exceed15: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
safarigirl:

She is begging because Society has made women believe they are worthless without marriage, even worse if they have a failed marraige. It is not because the man is even good to her, Nigerian women have remained in marriages with men that will beat and kill them, what is this one?

You are not a reasonable human being to begin with, if not you would not ask such a silly question, it is obvious to the blind and deaf

Nigerian courts will not grant him anything. Go and read up on grounds for divorce in Nigeria, I will not argue with someone who does not even know how the law operates.

There will be no divorce. If he is tired of the marriage, his best choice is separation. He does not have any valid ground for divorce

He should go and marry a woman that will do as he says all the time and worship him. Thank God polygamy is not illegal in Nigeria, at least he can do customary marriage with the new wife.

Kai.... I dunno know how to describe u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Atticusxsz(m): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

Thanks a lot for your time and advice, I'll make sure I try more tomorrow. I wish he'll just here any of us! The funny thing is that, he'll give you a listening ear with all maximum respect and then after you're done talking he'll tell you he's made up his mind..... I'll try more tomorrow just like you've advised.

Your bro na my type of person... na staunch and a no nonsense person.
After keeping his cool, giving you a listening ear and all... his mind is still made up and there's no backing out of his initial decision.

He reminds me of my dad's eldest bro. Na there type o.
Their mind rarely bend to pleas after several warning.
Your bro's wife has got a lot to learn if she's given a 2nd chance in the situation she's into now.

Twitter people for come help her beg your bro na since she always frequent there with her family issues.
Common sense ain't common at all. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Excellent7(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

Thanks a lot for your time and advice, I'll make sure I try more tomorrow. I wish he'll just here any of us! The funny thing is that, he'll give you a listening ear with all maximum respect and then after you're done talking he'll tell you he's made up his mind..... I'll try more tomorrow just like you've advised.

Maximum respect for your brother!
A lot of guys hate publicity so much.

Stop begging him. She bleeped with the wrong nigger. He did not take that decision in anger. He is slow to anger but resolute in decision. I guess the Babe has exhausted available lifelines.

It can be draining to be always trying to get an obstinate adult to listen. Let the lady go and have enough time with social media.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by lawrenzooo: 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
November24:

Your brother is not born again.
70x7 a day is the code!

If you know,you know!
Jesus preached 70 x 7
yet he still sent those people that turn the temple to a market place packing

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by elsiusgr8t(m): 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
Righteousness2:
Yes the wife allowed the devil to use her to cause her hubby pains but Divorce is too harsh .

We need to Pray for your Brother and ask GOD to touch his heart. He just needs a touch from GOD.

Precious Daddy, I pray thee, locate this young man, touch and heal him. I Cancel any divorce and I Decree Restoration of Love and Submission in their Home in JESUS Name... Amen!

That settles it! Tell his wife that Righteousness said she should stop crying. She should just submit to her husband wholeheartedly.
We have Cancelled the divorce!
I am waiting to Hear the testimony!

Amen

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Excellent7(m): 2:17pm On Jan 22, 2022
brainycaleb:
OP, surprisingly it appears that your brother and I are both cut from the same material 100% except that I'm not very financially stable for now.

I once broke up with an ex for a simple Lie which isn't that simple.

The stage where your mother(also appears to be my only reset button) which apparently is the only one to help change his mind is over, there isn't anything anyone on any side of the family can do now so let the woman enjoy the fruit of her labour!

And no, your brother will not miss her or ever regret his action instead he will be filled with rage anytime he thinks about it for the short foreseeable future, until he heals and he'd avoid women too until then.

His high level of intelligence caused this because he had simulated everything in his mind before now and is disaappointed in his choice of woman for a life partner.

Concise analysis, Sir!
I totally agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by kwasoly(m): 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:
My brother has been a well disciplined man, he has married a woman whom he love dearly, sometimes I wish If I was a woman, I'll marry him! Gentle, calm, humble, educated, exposed with a very good source of livelihood. Doesn't smoke, drink or womanize And most importantly, God fearing. Maybe heritage from our dad.

But I never could have imagined it that what seems like a blissful marriage of my brother could end just like that. What is the problem? Social media! They had an issue, and she went and posted it there, from WhatsApp to Facebook and the worst of all twitter and some stupid women group which she seems to be a member of, may be there is some Judges there, come and see some people passing judgment even without hearing the other side of the story.

He warned her series of time not to ever post any family related issues to the media. I can remember while I was still with them, he always tells her if she ever has anything about him, she should call him and discus it with him or better still report to our parent. I don't know if it's a family thing for us or something, personally, I'm not too good with these social media of a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, my brother is the best and cool personality I had ever come in contact with, But these act of hers has been the height of it for him.

Brethren as I'm talking to you now, my brother has contacted a lawyer to prepare the divorce papers. Our parents and family members has called a meeting, we begged him for almost a week now but he stood his ground about the divorce, her family has come to apologize and beg for reconciliation for the both of them but to no avail, I spoke to him personally and begged like what you could ever imagine but our please fell on deaf ear. He personally told me that if his wife had gone to the court, he would've preferred it. If there is absolutely anything I know about my brother is him being a man of his words. She has done countless of things to him and She'll call us to apologize all the time and he'll forgive especially when my mom is involved. But for these I don't know what To say, she has cried and cried her eyes all out but for where It seems My brother has made up his mind, But if I may ask the ladies, why always the social media, going out there to claim the victims card.

Sorry I don't have much time neither am I good with telling stories, if not, I should have narrated what led to the whole problem but is a long epistle on it own....

Why is too hard to know what your spouse want and dislike. Note: he doesn't even want you posting his image in any media platform even on his birthdays, we're kinda some sort of reserved people in my family.

Your brother needs Christ, no matter what the wife did as long as is not adultery divorce is not the solution. How can he not forgive his wife of her offence but his heavenly father forgave him his sin. Is just ego that is worrying your brother if he truely knows God's nature he won't be heady towards this very situation.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by marygreg(f): 2:24pm On Jan 22, 2022
Dear poster,
you just committed the same crime your brother is divorcing his wife for and my fellow nairalanders are also judging from a one sided uncompleted story. Lets hear from your brother and his wife
Note: 1.This is social media too
2. You just brought your family issue
here
3.The story is not complete
4.This is your own version.
hope your brother wont disown you when he sees this�
have a nice weekend!.....
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by AlphaStyles(m): 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
OMOH THIS ONE HEAVY
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by malvisguy212: 2:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

well. you just committed the same crime your brother Wife committed by bringing the issue to nairaland
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by twosquare(m): 2:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

Honestly brother, I wish I can tell all that happened
I've tried my best and my entire family, but I don't know what made these lady did these. I warned her about these social media of a thing
Use the name of God to beg him. Tell him, spirits obey and pay attention when we use the name of the Almighty to beg them. How much more man?

If he insists on doing his will after using the name of the Almighty, then leave him. He has not yet learnt meekness.

That should be the last warning to the wife from the family if he eventually succumbs to the plea. Remember, 70 x 7 for forgiveness. That's the rule. He should think about it.

I've told you the secret to bring him around.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by capnies: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
Righteousness2:
Yes the wife allowed the devil to use her to cause her hubby pains but Divorce is too harsh .

We need to Pray for your Brother and ask GOD to touch his heart. He just needs a touch from GOD.

Precious Daddy, I pray thee, locate this young man, touch and heal him. I Cancel any divorce and I Decree Restoration of Love and Submission in their Home in JESUS Name... Amen!

That settles it! Tell his wife that Righteousness said she should stop crying. She should just submit to her husband wholeheartedly.
We have Cancelled the divorce!
I am waiting to Hear the testimony!

TELL THE WIFE TO KNEEL AND BEG YOUR BROTHER, PROMISING HIM THAT SHE WILL NEVER DISRESPECT HIM AGAIN.

And to all married women out there please note that your husband doesn't need your love, all HE wants from you is respect.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Bignuell(m): 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2022
I stand with your brother grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by uthlaw: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2022
Enasuarez:

What the Bleep is this?.
Who even told you marriage is scam?. Besides marriage is not for the weak, it's a union between two individuals with their follow come characters. So we must have to learn the other person's dos and don'ts in order for the union to work. And in all your getting, getting understanding because e get why. Marriage is a beautiful until you bring your quack unchangeable ways of life into it and expect the other person to swallow it hook line and sinker. Go and marry fella and stop quoting me wrongly.
who d marriage don help... Remove sex and children which you can get without marriage... What is the benefit of the marriage again!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Bignuell(m): 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
odinson1:
Dude Your Brother is a Man Worthty of Respect. This is how you discipline a woman,by making her know she's easily Replaceable. Some foolish men will advise you to have a heart to heart conversation with your wife and beg her,these Are just a waste of time because she will only use that Conversation to Manipulate you even further.

But... I'll advise him not to divorce her...yet. the fear of divorce alone is enough for her to Know who is the Man of the house.
Trust me,she will never misbehave in that house ever again
If the brother accept her back, she go dey take permission to eat dinner sef. No be by shout shout. That is why as a man, build yourself up in character, finance, position and other wise and trust me you won't have anything to lose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Testimony1988(m): 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
It's wrong for someone to post family issues on the media, when she knew he does not like the idea, she should have obeyed.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by ShopSkincareWit(f): 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
NohurryInLife:

If not 4 business, I hate that shit

Same here.
I got fed up with the toxicity and the whole shits of social media and deleted my Facebook/Instagram accounts last year. I tell you, it's one of the best decisions of my life as a lady(after cutting my hair lol). My business page is just there on instagram so I can have an online presence. Social media makes me anxious and sick in my stomach. I can't handle that kind of lifestyle at all.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by 9gerian: 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
True. Some reserved spouses are good at covering up for their partners not wanting to give room for public criticism of any sort. Such individuals understand that the shame is equally theirs and their family’s eventually.

However, such persons can be hard to persuade once they conclude that the other party is incorrigible. The lady may have even exposed herself, hence the husband willing to let go.

Plus, she may have realized what she did was wrong and the last straw hence her remorse and begging (else she should have been seeking redress). You can see that even the OP has refused to narrate what she did perhaps in respect of the husband’s lifestyle and policy.

I hope the man forgives her perhaps with her signing an undertaking that she won’t go overboard again- maybe that would deter her eventually. The main problem is that once legality and documentation becomes the basis for staying together in a marriage, the marriage is more or less done!

na2016:
Stop begging your brother. Let him divorce the woman if that is what he wants. the woman might have done worse things before this...

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by NohurryInLife: 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2022
ShopSkincareWit:

Same here.
I got fed up with the toxicity and the whole shits of social media and deleted my Facebook/Instagram accounts last year. I tell you, it's one of the best decisions of my life as a lady(after cutting my hair lol). My business page is just there on instagram so I can have an online presence. Social media makes me anxious and sick in my stomach. I can't handle that kind of lifestyle at all.
Wise move my sister

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Mayeldah(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
And you also came to social media to tell the story of the divorce

Like wife like brother grin grin grin
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by iTearHerToto: 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

Truth be said, he warned her countless of time, maybe she took his gentility for granted and thought it'll be like the previous one's she's been getting away with
Sure. That's a woman for you. They mistake gentility for weakness. Your bro is the man

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2022
You should encourage your brother to divorce her. From your explanation, he is a complete gentleman. Any woman that takes personal issues to social media should marry social media kind of man.

If he forgives her now, she will use pseudonyms to sign up and take advise from strangers to mess his perfect life up.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Kenturkey048(m): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
Berryli:
finally, a comment from someone with a functional brain. No one is applauding her for taking her marriage to social media but it takes two to tango. To all those already calling the woman names and calling for divorce, it just shows how shallow-minded people can be

Finally, comment from people that read without understanding...

The problem isn't who is at fault here...

The problem is " If I do you what you don't like, discuss it with me, my parents, your parent, any other important person to us, or even a lawyer, but never you take our family matter to social media.,"

E be like say, una own na to read, then find who to blame. Even after the op stated that his brother warned the wife severally not to take their marital issues to social media.Una still wan blame the brother for putting a strict rule in his own house...

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Kenturkey048(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2022
uthlaw:
who d marriage don help... Remove sex and children which you can get without marriage... What is the benefit of the marriage again!

What is the meaning of two heads are better than one??

Maybe sex and children are the only benefits to the people that brought you into this world...But to mine, it's way more than that.

It's a union I've admired. That is the main reason why I am very cautious about the decision of whomever I'm spending the rest of my life with...
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by dagano: 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
Not everything should come on social media. Your brother's wife overstepped her bounds and it's her cross to bear.

On the flip side, your brothers peace of mind is far better than a toxic marriage fuelled by social media.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by sapientia(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
If your mom cannot change his mind

Forgot it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Took Her In And She Seduced My Husband / Nigerian Man Brutally Beats Wife To Pulp, Breaks Her Ankle (graphic Photos) / Photo : How Many Of You Have Seen This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.