Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse (43164 Views)

My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse. / Marriage Price List In Benue State - Igbo Lady Shares Brother's Marriage List / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Jennyclay(f): 10:59am On Jan 22, 2022
collinometricx:

How did you manage to sneak in introvert and extrovert into this?
Didn't read the op write up. I don't understand your question? Please make it more comprehensive enough.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:59am On Jan 22, 2022
Not everybody likes these social media of a thing.

The woman should have know this before saying 'I DO' but I guess this is a case of he will change once we get married. I'm sorry I had to pass my judgment but it's what it is.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Berezuski: 11:00am On Jan 22, 2022
WhatsApp/Facebook Status/Stories etc has ruined more marriages/relationships than its ever built.
You see some funny stuffs here are there.
To the ladies, don't ever think marriage gives you that golden key to showcase your stupidity.
All thanks to her schemers

9 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Ten06(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2022
As far as you so much believed that your brother is a good man let him do what is in his mind.
The Bible said anything that will make you not to inherit his kingdom should be cut off

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Thegoodone13(m): 11:01am On Jan 22, 2022
So far she is not cheating, beg your brother to forgive her.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by eebraa(m): 11:01am On Jan 22, 2022
You sef bring the matter come social media
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by safarigirl(f): 11:02am On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:
My brother has been a well disciplined man, he has married a woman whom he love dearly, sometimes I wish If I was a woman, I'll marry him! Gentle, calm, humble, educated, exposed with a very good source of livelihood. Doesn't smoke, drink or womanize And most importantly, God fearing. Maybe heritage from our dad.

But I never could have imagined it that what seems like a blissful marriage of my brother could end just like that. What is the problem? Social media! They had an issue, and she went and posted it there, from WhatsApp to Facebook and the worst of all twitter and some stupid women group which she seems to be a member of, may be there is some Judges there, come and see some people passing judgment even without hearing the other side of the story.

He warned her series of time not to ever post any family related issues to the media. I can remember while I was still with them, he always tells her if she ever has anything about him, she should call him and discus it with him or better still report to our parent. I don't know if it's a family thing for us or something, personally, I'm not too good with these social media of a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, my brother is the best and cool personality I had ever come in contact with, But these act of hers has been the height of it for him.

Brethren as I'm talking to you now, my brother has contacted a lawyer to prepare the divorce papers. Our parents and family members has called a meeting, we begged him for almost a week now but he stood his ground about the divorce, her family has come to apologize and beg for reconciliation for the both of them but to no avail, I spoke to him personally and begged like what you could ever imagine but our please fell on deaf ear. He personally told me that if his wife had gone to the court, he would've preferred it. If there is absolutely anything I know about my brother is him being a man of his words. She has done countless of things to him and She'll call us to apologize all the time and he'll forgive especially when my mom is involved. But for these I don't know what To say, she has cried and cried her eyes all out but for where It seems My brother has made up his mind, But if I may ask the ladies, why always the social media, going out there to claim the victims card.

Sorry I don't have much time neither am I good with telling stories, if not, I should have narrated what led to the whole problem but is a long epistle on it own....

Why is too hard to know what your spouse want and dislike. Note: he doesn't even want you posting his image in any media platform even on his birthdays, we're kinda some sort of reserved people in my family.

The marriage is three years old.

You had time to write all this long epistle, but you could not find time to give us a brief summary of what your brother did that caused her to post all over social media?

On what grounds is your brother planning to file this divorce? Irreconcilable differences or what? Because nobody cheated, there is nothing about conception or consummation

What did he tell the lawyer he contacted he wants to divorce for? Or does he think the court is where you can carry silly family issues to disturb them?

He should go and ask Ubi Franklin and Lilian Esoro if they have finalized the divorce they set out for over 4 years ago

Anyway, I am happy for the lawyer that will chop your Mumu brother's money for the next three years. Una think say divorce easy for Nigeria, he go stay for that marriage until he and his wife settle

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by descartes400: 11:02am On Jan 22, 2022
Jennyclay:
The summary here is that, Your brother is an introvert while his wife is an extrovert.

But was your brother not aware she's among awon Tonto dike crew before he married her??

And was the wife not aware that the Husband is among the few guys who Cherish privacy to the very core while she was dating him cry?

Why would she devilishly put sands in her own garri?

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by marsup: 11:02am On Jan 22, 2022
I wonder why any sane person will bring the story of their life to social media....
That's the same thing you are doing now.

Anyway, leave your brother alone to follow his heart, there's a limit to human endurance.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by complexBoss12: 11:03am On Jan 22, 2022
odinson1:
Dude Your Brother is a Man Worthty of Respect. This is how you discipline a woman,by making her know she's easily Replaceable. Some foolish men will advise you to have a heart to heart conversation with your wife and beg her,these Are just a waste of time because she will only use that Conversation to Manipulate you even further.

But... I'll advise him not to divorce her...yet. the fear of divorce alone is enough for her to Know who is the Man of the house.
Trust me,she will never misbehave in that house ever again

Give her a few weeks! you don't know that specie well, lol. infact, for making her go through all this stress she will find a way to make him pay for it. Women!! hmm the best thing is for the man to stand his ground. let her go and marry her social media friends.

she will be scared of him for a few weeks, and of course, once forgiven the man will try to have a happy home so he may even apologize too just to keep things cool, once she has her house back, she will consolidate and plan her revenge.

7 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Nonexisting: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2022
Your brother won't divorce her but I like the pressure he is putting on her right now. Very stupid vaginarian without sense.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Polynek(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2022
Social media don brainwash dat 1 grin
Oya make Dem suggest 4 her wetin she go do as her marriage is about to end.
Both experienced and inexperienced pple go de tell advice on social media and if u are not wise enough u will be deceived
Atleast she ll learn her lesson in a bitter way, unless the man Leta forgives her
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by adefemi007(m): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2022
Good morning,

Hello all, for those that may be confused on gift items to get loved ones, click on my profile, visit my page for ideas and prices.

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by aktolly54(m): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2022
bestdefender:
Omo this one heavy ,but on a second thought why posting family matter on a social media, my guy like you said he is a man of his word , the truth is that one person can stop him now and that's your mum intensify the plea ok .
And for all the ladies that thinks going to social media to solve you marital problems unanonymous is the Koko , I have one thin to tell ya...,..............
Fuk all yo
yes his Mom or pastor, once his pastor tell him to forgive her that next time she post nonsense on internet again he will be the one to dissolve the marriage for them and with little word of God ,his head go calm down. Introvert no like to vex but once we vex forget it ,it can take years before we forgive but we have people we do respect

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2022
Jennyclay:
Didn't read the op write up. I don't understand your question? Please make it more comprehensive enough.
...SMH. You didn't read but already concluded that the man is an introvert.
How exactly do you people do this ?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by AmazingELixir: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2022
undecided

Let all the internet people she posted to and were supporting her come and marry her.

As for me....I'm very sure my madam loves her phone more than me, the only difference between your brother and myself is I don't give 2 fvck...I kukuma no like disturbance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by fredoooooo: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2022
Take it to scial media court
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:
My brother has been a well disciplined man, he has married a woman whom he love dearly, sometimes I wish If I was a woman, I'll marry him! Gentle, calm, humble, educated, exposed with a very good source of livelihood. Doesn't smoke, drink or womanize And most importantly, God fearing. Maybe heritage from our dad.

But I never could have imagined it that what seems like a blissful marriage of my brother could end just like that. What is the problem? Social media! They had an issue, and she went and posted it there, from WhatsApp to Facebook and the worst of all twitter and some stupid women group which she seems to be a member of, may be there is some Judges there, come and see some people passing judgment even without hearing the other side of the story.

He warned her series of time not to ever post any family related issues to the media. I can remember while I was still with them, he always tells her if she ever has anything about him, she should call him and discus it with him or better still report to our parent. I don't know if it's a family thing for us or something, personally, I'm not too good with these social media of a thing.

To the best of my knowledge, my brother is the best and cool personality I had ever come in contact with, But these act of hers has been the height of it for him.

Brethren as I'm talking to you now, my brother has contacted a lawyer to prepare the divorce papers. Our parents and family members has called a meeting, we begged him for almost a week now but he stood his ground about the divorce, her family has come to apologize and beg for reconciliation for the both of them but to no avail, I spoke to him personally and begged like what you could ever imagine but our please fell on deaf ear. He personally told me that if his wife had gone to the court, he would've preferred it. If there is absolutely anything I know about my brother is him being a man of his words. She has done countless of things to him and She'll call us to apologize all the time and he'll forgive especially when my mom is involved. But for these I don't know what To say, she has cried and cried her eyes all out but for where It seems My brother has made up his mind, But if I may ask the ladies, why always the social media, going out there to claim the victims card.

Sorry I don't have much time neither am I good with telling stories, if not, I should have narrated what led to the whole problem but is a long epistle on it own....

Why is too hard to know what your spouse want and dislike. Note: he doesn't even want you posting his image in any media platform even on his birthdays, we're kinda some sort of reserved people in my family.

Yet, you have brought his matter here on the same social media. If your brother finds out, what do you think he should do to you?

We don't know the nature of the issue they had. And from experience, most people who appear reserved and calm actually have dangerous thought processes and make drastic decisions unannounced.

Your brother ain't a saint and his wife knows it.

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by LilySam: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2022
Social media is not the best place to resolve marital issues. If you have any problem with your spouse, sort it out with him/her.

On no account should you involve any third party into your marital issues. If the case is beyond your capacity, then you involve that very person your wife or hubby holds on high esteem or regard.

I think his wife should contact her hubby's lawyer and plea to her/him to beg her hubby.
I believe there is no best or perfect marriage on earth.
It's just your ability to make yours work.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by alizma: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

Allow your brother to enjoy his life, forget about the tears of that Ogbanje, apologies to your brother pending the divorce proper.
She will find someone like that tonto ex, the two of them can then spread everything they do at home on internet. She belongs to the media and not your advise will change her.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by engrzico(m): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2022
My candid advice to you and your brother is to go ahead with that divorce, he fails to do sohe will regret in the future. Never threaten a woman with divorce, cos women never forget someone that put them through so much pain. She will definitely get her revenge and the moment she gets her hands on an evidence she won't look back when she initiates her divorce proceedings.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by safarigirl(f): 11:09am On Jan 22, 2022
AfroKnight:

How can you say that? You don’t even know what exactly she wrote on Twitter for the whole world to see. Anything published on the internet remains there forever. You don’t know how this may have affected his business relationships.

If the man deems it damaging enough to separate himself from her, then trust his judgment.

I would probably do the same thing if I were in his shoes.

What could she have posted that will ruin his business?

OP did not even say his brother was innocent of the accusations, he just said "they did not hear his side of the story"

I am more interested in what exactly she posted about him that has him so mad, it is not by coming here to tell us his brother is cool and nice and blah blah blah, anybody can come here and paint their family to be faultless in a situation.

What did the brother do to her? Let him tell us first, and if it is so bad that it can affect his business, then, he is not as good as this OP claims he is, and then threatening her with divorce because she posted on social media? He must be a very manipulative person.

Let him try and divorce her, Nigerian courts will clear his doubt.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by 9gerian: 11:09am On Jan 22, 2022
Your brother may have appraised the situation and concluded that the wife would never change even if forgiven. Some ladies just can’t do without social media validation- they would rather die than not get validated daily. This is by people they don’t even know. They are prepared to sacrifice the known for the unknown, the real for the unreal.

What is even more eye opening is that their mentor Beyoncé does not table her marriage affairs on social media. Cardi B took charge of her marriage when they tried to mislead into not accepting her husband’s apologies- she’s happier for it. But these very wise wannabes must get validation from social media daily even if it wrecks their marriage.

Genesiszero:

My mom was whom I first called especially the moment I heard him calling the lawyer for the divorce papers........ It's been a week plus now... He's hell bent in his decision...... I'm even heart touched by the cry of these Lady.... I've done my best... Will keep trying and for the Pastor, that one no too like church things to much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Abemy(m): 11:09am On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

If you know his lawyer, he or she may surprisingly be of help. Sneak the wife to the lawyer, let her remorsefully explain things to the lawyer and he/she will talk to your brother.

Things may change for good.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Bubblewitch: 11:11am On Jan 22, 2022
Genesiszero:

She developed it suddenly, her counsel of friends are the internet type......
And some people can be extroverted in real life and quite in the internet
he probably alienated her from her friends. Secondly, marriage is full of ups and downs, this is not a strong reason to divorce abeg. The court will throw the case out. Adults acting as children

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Jennyclay(f): 11:11am On Jan 22, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
...SMH. You didn't read but already concluded that the man is an introvert.
How exactly do you people do this ?
Mr Man, I read the whole write up. Someone that loves and cherish his privacy so much, what do you call such person?

You can't even keep civil conversation. I said I can't comprehend your question, make it more comprehensive... Simple as ABC.
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by topoftheworld(m): 11:11am On Jan 22, 2022
U guys should keep pleading to ur brother, I believe the wife had learned her lesson..

Besides, let us know the outcome here..

It seems ur brother had swallowed redpill here

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Idiko1: 11:11am On Jan 22, 2022
Please support your brother in his chosen action. He is a man of principles and people say, "A stitch in time saves nine". The next step for this woman may not be a social media, it could be a killer gang.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Bubblewitch: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2022
youmour:
I remember a friend who posted her husband picture on IG after so many years of marriage and not posting,only on the first day the marriage cast, apparently baba is a serial cheat.
Abi o, like why is he running from the media, does he have outside wives and kids

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by prophetfire: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2022
Equal2DeTask:

Year 2022, the year for RedPillers angry
. Yeah man!
Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by Bubblewitch: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Same thing I warned my wife about.

Anyday she tries such rubbish, she's a gonna.
Then you become a serial divorcee, since you lack emotional intelligence ad the ability to stay in marriage

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother's Marriage Is About To Collapse by SHOPPERS(m): 11:14am On Jan 22, 2022
Your brother is doing the right thing. Let him be.

If he has warned her several times and she still continued, it means she derives validation from social media and her lifestyle will not match with that of your brother.

The moment he forgives her, she will go back and post again. If she does not, she will not be herself and might eventually be depressed.

So, for the sake of the sanity of the two of them, let them be.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Gives Birth In A BRT Bus In Lagos (Photos) / Suspecting My Husband Is Gay / The Perks Of Being A Pregnant Bride In Today's World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.