Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused (18244 Views)

Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Should I Continue Building My Ajah Swamp House Or Go Somewhere Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by drkrest(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
Use the money to play 2 odds. You can then expend the outcome on both
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Elidrisy20: 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
It depends, you can go for keke
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by stephenponti(m): 2:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys, good day. Kindly help me make the right decision.

I am an artisan in Abuja who works under a reputable company as a freelancer. My job entails me moving around much everytime. I've done this for years now and to be honest it's really affecting me. The stress of trekking, getting into vehicles and alighting incessantly is really wearing me out. I'm thinking of saving 3k per day for about 2 years to get a car to help ease my movement because in the past and even now, I've lost some customers due to my inability to meet up with some appointments. Most times I get home really exhausted not necessarily because of much work but because of the stress involved in getting to customers' houses and returning again daily.

Now here's the challenge... I planned on getting a land and start building soon before the idea of getting a car came up due to much stress of moving about. I'd really love to own my own house. So please I'd be needing advice from you guys... House or car? Which should I start with first? Really important. Thanks.

Oga no dull yourself, endure the trekking buy land build house. Think about which of them will have a lasting impact on your family or children.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Hifeylove: 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2022
Buy the car and start pursuing women up and down..you might lose focus but just start with the house first and later car will come! But this Abuja ehnnn you need car too ooo because of raining season...
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by okaba04: 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
dawnomike:
I'mSince the purpose of your car is to aid your business which will in turn boost your productivity and thereby your income, go for the car first.

My brother am an artisan too but reside in kano .. I had a first hand experience of your challenge but I settled for mobility first due to the stress I undergo using public transit.. I trekked no be small and I loose so many appointment untill i became mobile and its ease me of alot of troubles..pls go for a car first its will boast your productivity and reduced your ageing..

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by blaquebelle: 2:27pm On Jan 25, 2022
Buy car and sleep inside
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by ifiokjohn(m): 2:28pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Thought of that but I no want make me and mechanic become friends. Lol. Note that I'm not saving the whole of my money for either the car/house. Just 3k per day. The rest is divided between my house rent and leaving the balance in my main account. I make between 150-200k or slightly more per month.
let assume you make 200k per month. Save 100k monthly and will be 2.4 million in 2 years. Use 750-900k get a good car...maybe a Toyota Corolla or any good car.
Since you say you live in Abuja, they're places in Abuja you could get land fr little amount as low as 500k eg, bhyzhin Across,Bezee etc.. get a land there... And start your house building with the remaining 900k I think and keep saving before you know you would have built your house finished between an extra two years.. you can even use 2 million to build a two bedroom flat especially when you're not buying all those expensive things but normal things.. for eg why not go for ceilings I think instead of other ones or on your roof use normal zine than this shiny shiny roof or what have you.

Now see, it remaining 100k monthly outta your 200k monthly.
Now save 50k monthly and that be 500k in a year and that I believe can pay your rent.

I don't know if you're married but if you're not, I'm sure you can be able to manage 50k in a month Sha...

Good luck.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Henz81: 2:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

I am an artisan in Abuja who works under a reputable company as a freelancer. My job entails me moving around much everytime. I've done this for years now and to be honest it's really affecting me. The stress of trekking, getting into vehicles and alighting incessantly is really wearing me out. I'm thinking of saving 3k per day for about 2 years to get a car to help ease my movement because in the past and even now, I've lost some customers due to my inability to meet up with some appointments. Most times I get home really exhausted not necessarily because of much work but because of the stress involved in getting to customers' houses and returning again daily.

Now here's the challenge... I planned on getting a land and start building soon before the idea of getting a car came up due to much stress of moving about. I'd really love to own my own house. So please I'd be needing advice from you guys... House or car? Which should I start with first? Really important. Thanks.
You should know better that house is an asset.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by simhosting: 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2022
From your write up you have already concluded to get a car.
So go for it.
As an artisan, your customers will trust you more when you drive to their place.

Big Car = Big Contract.

This Nigeria, Car is very important.

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by anthonyuncle(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2022
unclejb2:
you obviously don't live in Abuja

i don't
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by adecz: 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
Get a simple inexpensive car like golf or
Toyota.

It will get you more business to
enable you build your house.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by anthonyuncle(m): 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

The above assumptions are wrong. Truth is that trekking is a way of saving money after completing jobs or when the distance to customers house is about 15 minutes or less when going for jobs. If I were to use taxis everytime I won't have any savings because of how expensive it costs. And it's not every area that have bikes especially VIP areas.

But you didn't tell me why house first. Thanks

a house is an asset,
a car is (more like)a liability
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by WoundedLamb: 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hhmm... Why do people (Africans mostly) like these "rules of life"? OP, none should come first. People's priorities are different cause thier life situations are different. If you're in a car oriented city, you wouldn't deny yourself one just because you don't have a house yet.

2 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by tenry(m): 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ocholu:
You Trek a lot bros..

No go kill your body with trekking oh! Starts saving 2k instead of 3k daily. Use the remaining for tfare.

Get a moderate car. 800k/1.2m (Toyota good).
Use the bucks to start building your house.
Are you serious? Which car goes for that amount in this present economy? It seems you have not moved near automobiles recently. Bro ordinarily big daddy tokunbo is 2.3m naija used is 1.5m .
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by msMonyei: 2:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
killmods:
So na 3k Op want dey save take buy house and car It's well ooooo... hmm
A month 21k
12 months 252k
24 months 504k

May God punish poverty forever.. Op with ur savings and trekking and starving urself plus denying the little pleasures of life for 2 years u still will not be able to buy a car talk more of a good land. Except u want go buy land for those places when dem no dey give papers and govt can demolish at any time. And the thread just long anyhow nobody gree calculate am grin

You no sabi maths. How 3k daily savings for a month be 21k instead of 90?
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Testimony1988(m): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
You can buy the car and land at the same time.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by snoopz: 2:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
House house house, once you leave in the morning, there is this satisfaction you have a place to come back to at night...
Car na cherry on top
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by whippersnapper(m): 2:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Car first oh
So that your village people will know that you have arrived
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
msMonyei:

You no sabi maths. How 3k daily savings for a month be 21k instead of 90?
Sorry that was for a week no mind me jor grin
Make i correct am.

Done. u want just fall my hand with style sha undecided
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by tragergeorge(m): 2:53pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Thought of that but I no want make me and mechanic become friends. Lol. Note that I'm not saving the whole of my money for either the car/house. Just 3k per day. The rest is divided between my house rent and leaving the balance in my main account. I make between 150-200k or slightly more per month.
house money different from car Money, getting a car no fit stop someone from starting a building as long as the money is coming in,to get a decent 3bedroom flat you go spend reach 10-15million minimum for this country me and you de,I don spend almost 5m my house na litte level e still de

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by glingev(m): 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2022
Build rental apartments buy a car with the proceeds
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by dangoteinlaw: 2:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
To whom much is given much is also expected. You are earning more today from your job because your employer or clients expects you to deliver quality jobs within a short and to achieve that means you have to move faster and smarter. If a car is one of those things you need to carry out your jobs effectively then you are stalling your business by not getting one.
Being able to carry my family together alone was the only reason I needed to get my first car at 25. Now I'm not even sure I can do without it as a self-employed.

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by dangoteinlaw: 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
dominion001:
Wetting u wan take dey go site?

All those "house first" mentality no dey reign again. House na long term project no be one day thing.

Landlord wey dey use leg waka na suffer go kill am.

Car is not a luxury but a necessity.
I wonder why Africans see car as luxury? Car is a very important necessity unless that person doesn't have a job or their job is not that important. Most times daily I need to visit 5sites and about 4 offices including a governmental one so how do I meet up if I keep jumping and waiting?

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by jaxxy(m): 3:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Since it’s abuja I will say car. If it was Lagos I would say house.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by ramatintin(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2022
My guy build house,motor de lose value everyday. But finally you know what u want best.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by ramatintin(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
House over a car anyway. Remember a landlord can never get quit notice from his own house
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by seyz91(m): 3:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
cheesy
Dorcmass:
Mteeeeeew for this 9ja
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by seyz91(m): 3:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
cheesy
Mjanee:

Airplane rather wink
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Gold79(m): 3:17pm On Jan 25, 2022
Is better u build ur home than buy a car
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by GetMeRight: 3:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
Mjanee:

Airplane rather wink
Dorcmass:
Mteeeeeew for this 9ja

Some people just don't have sense at all. Look at their contributions, the first two contributors! Pathetic
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Bluntdude: 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2022
killmods:
So na 3k Op want dey save take buy house and car It's well ooooo... hmm
A week 21k
A month 84k
12 months 1,008,000
24 months 2,016,000

Op rush buy car when the money ripe. From there u fit meet up ur engagements on time and also expand

I didn't come to beg you for money. I can buy the car in one year if I choose to. I have other commitments hence the reason for my saving bit by bit. I'm not a thief, I earn my money legitimately so you can't push me into depression with your comment. Thanks
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by GetMeRight: 3:24pm On Jan 25, 2022
anthonyuncle:
house first.

i think the main issue here is that you prepare for appointments late,prefer to trekk distances that you should've either entered a bus or used a bike, and don't tackle your tasks on time until it gets to the agreed date (this is common among artisans in this country. it's like you all are in the same whastapp group).

stop over trekking,
prepare for appointments on time,
try to finish your tasks before the agreed date.

these will help you to have a relaxed body and mind.

Someone is talking about how to get to customers/clients addresses quickly and without much stress concerning too much waka waka but you're talking of "appointments on time". Personally, I think you have missed the road, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

*Updated*Properties In Ibadan To Let*With Pictures* / ABUJA:CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING BY MOORE / FG Announces New National Building Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.