Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused (18208 Views)

Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Should I Continue Building My Ajah Swamp House Or Go Somewhere Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by 9jayes: 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2022
Car
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by hekola: 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
Food
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 25, 2022
Abeg secure House first if the bar dey grin
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by EgunMogaji2: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Please go and build house. Don't build a mansion. Build a structure that has two two bedroom flats. Rent one out, live in one.

2 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Eduble: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Hoyse
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by busterr(m): 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
anthonyuncle:
house first.

i think the main issue here is that you prepare for appointments late,prefer to trekk distances that you should've either entered a bus or used a bike, and don't tackle your tasks on time until it gets to the agreed date (this is common among artisans in this country. it's like you all are in the same whastapp group).

stop over trekking,
prepare for appointments on time,
try to finish your tasks before the agreed date.

these will help you to have a relaxed body and mind.

The way some of you give advise without thinking ee

4 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Germi9: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys, good day. Kindly help me make the right decision.

I am an artisan in Abuja who works under a reputable company as a freelancer. My job entails me moving around much everytime. I've done this for years now and to be honest it's really affecting me. The stress of trekking, getting into vehicles and alighting incessantly is really wearing me out. I'm thinking of saving 3k per day for about 2 years to get a car to help ease my movement because in the past and even now, I've lost some customers due to my inability to meet up with some appointments. Most times I get home really exhausted not necessarily because of much work but because of the stress involved in getting to customers' houses and returning again daily.

Now here's the challenge... I planned on getting a land and start building soon before the idea of getting a car came up due to much stress of moving about. I'd really love to own my own house. So please I'd be needing advice from you guys... House or car? Which should I start with first? Really important. Thanks.
Am In Abuja ,partner with me and reduce your workload why you save enough to build your house
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by gogglecomputer: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
coolgo for house first, if you go for car where will you park?
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by miqos02(m): 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
A car in this case will be an asset and not a liabillity
Bluntdude:

I am an artisan in Abuja who works under a reputable company as a freelancer. My job entails me moving around much everytime. I've done this for years now and to be honest it's really affecting me. The stress of trekking, getting into vehicles and alighting incessantly is really wearing me out. I'm thinking of saving 3k per day for about 2 years to get a car to help ease my movement because in the past and even now, I've lost some customers due to my inability to meet up with some appointments. Most times I get home really exhausted not necessarily because of much work but because of the stress involved in getting to customers' houses and returning again daily.

Now here's the challenge... I planned on getting a land and start building soon before the idea of getting a car came up due to much stress of moving about. I'd really love to own my own house. So please I'd be needing advice from you guys... House or car? Which should I start with first? Really important. Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Can you drive?
Come take one of my key
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by iCauseTrouble: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2022
Back then, when I was much younger, I used to think you should build house first, but I got older, I realised that both houses and cars are necessities.
A car might be more important than building a house in some instances.

7 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Naijabad: 12:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
dawnomike:
I'mSince the purpose of your car is to aid your business which will in turn boost your productivity and thereby your income, go for the car first.

Please follow this advice. Ensure you dont buy a Nigerian used car, no matter how cheap.
Except you know the owner who must be a gentleman.

2 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by henrixx(m): 12:50pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

if you know you can't complete the house in the short term. get a car.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by obailala(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

At 3k savings per day, it would probably take you 10-15 years to build a miniature house. So if you chose to build the house first, you would probably die from the weariness of excessive trekking before you even get to the roofing stage. Consider your health bro...

Besides, after getting a decent car, it could boost your business immensely and in addition to preserving your health, you'd earn more and save more to be able to build your house.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by tnerro1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
House first, after all the stress outside, you go to your house to rest and recover. Car can come later
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Shed24(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
Buy small car and starts saving to build house. You can still use the car to do taxi after work.

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Naijabad: 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

I can deduce from your question that you are not married.

If so your question should have been, Wife, car or house which should come first.

In my own case, wife came first. And today I have others.

3 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by bluefilm: 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2022
Car is cheaper to acquire.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Ok bro. Thanks

One of the reasons why I stopped seeking online advice is the fact that out of 100,92 will lie to you for something that if it's dem they won't take such advice

Anyone telling you to build a house first is not being truthful, op,if you had the car,would you have lost those customers??

Get a money friendly car, not expensive car o,just less fuel consumption, available parts etc..moderate car for work,den build ur customers again instead of losing them due to lateness etc that ordinarily the car would save you, den as time goes on,u build ur own house... you would have saved lots of money due to the fact that you have more customers and u will build a better house instead of building based on the little money at hand now.....

Building a house now, u can decide to build a house and rent it out,den the rents and commissions can help u get a small moderate car... but building to live alone is not good, look at it this way

You are building now trekking to work, and losing customers..... stress kills too

Buying a car doesn't mean you buy a fancy and expensive car, buy a moderate car and use the remaining to continue the house

This are my own,choose wisely

8 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Zainabthegirl1(f): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Get a car first…to boost your business you won’t have to struggle to build the house

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by gadgetplanetng: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Use Bolt/Uber.

I hardly drive these days because of them.

If you're worried about saving on last mile transportation I'm not sure you can afford running a car yet.

It's affordable to use everyday till something major goes bad which would happen since you aren't buying a brand new car
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by victorVIC1(m): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Car and building project are not mutually exclusive. I mean you can get one now and get the other one afterwards.

I would advise you get a car first as you need it to ease work mobility. Just make sure you are getting a well maintained car so it does not become a major source of financial leakage to you.

BTW, I can only imagine how faustrating it would be if I don't have one.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by ahckmedkosy(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
Car in this very present Nigeria is now a NECESSITY. Get a car and you can even use it to make extra money while also meeting your clients in scheduled time. To build house no be 10 Kobo. If you have priced wood before for market you go know

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Evidenx(m): 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
What I just discussed with my wife to be just now.
Guy house first..car later.
House is an asset car Is a liability.

For those who don't understand,
Assets is anything that put money in your pocket, a liability is anything that takes money away from your pocket.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Horbar1: 12:57pm On Jan 25, 2022
The moment you take your car away from the dealer spot, it start losing it's value. One of the hardest thing to achieve especially in this our country is to build your own house that is why many us see building a house as an achievement. So if you have the opportunity to build now please do.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by bobbybrown007: 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2022
Without reading it sef, you should go the house
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Kollizoc: 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
Go for car first u really need it for your business
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Kellie069(m): 1:00pm On Jan 25, 2022
Money way dem take de build house and money way dm take de buy motor nor b the same thing! You’ll get an affordable car from about 2 million naira, but that money nor fit even buy land for some place , talkless of doing foundation n filling! House nor easy o! Buy motor n boost your job! Motor go bring more income, house go hold your money down but e nor go bring returns. If u even see loan to buy car or car financing way de okay, run am. Time is of the essence bro! 2yrs from now, life fit no be like this again o, so get the car n boost ur job. My 2cent thoughts

8 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Brunosamel(m): 1:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
Since owning a car will boast your productivity go for it you can get a cheaper one with low maintenance or moreover you divided the money by two buy a car with half of the money and save the rest for housing... If a Corp member will buy Benz in a short period of six month with his allowance you are no exception.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by FuckDModz: 1:04pm On Jan 25, 2022
You can't build a house with car money. In the same way, you can't buy Benz with bread money.

Man, know thy self.

2 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Gokoyer1401: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
grin
Gone are the days to even get 2002 camry wey neat for 800K.
Josh64:

2002 you mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

*Updated*Properties In Ibadan To Let*With Pictures* / Reasons Many People Do Not Have House / How Much Will It Cost To Fence A One Acre Land In Abeokuta?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.