Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused (18201 Views)

Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Should I Continue Building My Ajah Swamp House Or Go Somewhere Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by MemoriesAndMe: 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2022
Building a house really involves a lot, and your 3k savings per day will barely get you there after many years. From the cost of cements today, you'll only be able to buy 1 bag of cement every two days and you will need a lot of bags of cement, let alone everything else you will need to complete the house.

So, to not overwhelm yourself, I'd suggest you buy a piece of land as that appreciates with time and get it secured. Buying a car can come next since it helps your work. Afterwards u can gradually start building on ur land at ur own pace.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by bobkezel(m): 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
A car you bought 1.5 mil today, you would sell it 800k in the next 5yrs...
Real Estate investment that cost you 1.5 today, would sell for 4 to 5mil in the next 5yrs...
Choose wisely...
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by sukkot: 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2022
is this even a question ? get the house and use the house to secure a loan to buy a car
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by dominion001(m): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
Wetting u wan take dey go site?

All those "house first" mentality no dey reign again. House na long term project no be one day thing.

Landlord wey dey use leg waka na suffer go kill am.

Car is not a luxury but a necessity.

4 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by excess4luv: 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
Considering all you explained, a car comes first.
A good car will help you save more, serve more customers, look healthy, and meet targets. If well used, it will help you achieve your goal of building a house faster.

Conclusively, go for a quality economical car then build the house later

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by ednut1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2022
Car of 1m dey, house of 1m no dey

2 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
Very stupid question.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2022
A house is an emotional asset, a car is a essential asset. You car can make you money to build a house but a house will not make you money to buy a car unless you sell it (back to square 1) or rent part of it.

Many dont even realise a house can be a liability. How? It ties you down emotionally and stops you moving to distant lands for opportunities plus it costs money to maintain a house. A house is something you do when you have made it and want to settle down.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by GreatGod906: 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys, good day. Kindly help me make the right decision.

I am an artisan in Abuja who works under a reputable company as a freelancer. My job entails me moving around much everytime. I've done this for years now and to be honest it's really affecting me. The stress of trekking, getting into vehicles and alighting incessantly is really wearing me out. I'm thinking of saving 3k per day for about 2 years to get a car to help ease my movement because in the past and even now, I've lost some customers due to my inability to meet up with some appointments. Most times I get home really exhausted not necessarily because of much work but because of the stress involved in getting to customers' houses and returning again daily.

Now here's the challenge... I planned on getting a land and start building soon before the idea of getting a car came up due to much stress of moving about. I'd really love to own my own house. So please I'd be needing advice from you guys... House or car? Which should I start with first? Really important. Thanks.
with the way u put it,it's obvious with car u can make more money to conveniently build a house,though buying a land is good to but can it make money for u the way a car will?
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by ogub(m): 1:10pm On Jan 25, 2022
dawnomike:
I'mSince the purpose of your car is to aid your business which will in turn boost your productivity and thereby your income, go for the car first.

I concur
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by ediko5(m): 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2022
What you need to understand is that in most cases car is a big necessity and not a luxury.

As a freelancer you really need a car to meet up. So i will advice you to get a car first in order to make your work easier.

2 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Greystone: 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2022
Halimaatz:
Hmmm,back then my dad built his house, before buying his car.

Very wise of him.

I was decided to buy a car first. Now I’m regretting.

Cost of land and building materials have shot up.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by mastermaestro(m): 1:17pm On Jan 25, 2022
Ocholu:
You Trek a lot bros..

No go kill your body with trekking oh! Starts saving 2k instead of 3k daily. Use the remaining for tfare.

Get a moderate car. 800k/1.2m (Toyota good).
Use the bucks to start building your house.

Truth be told, too much trekking dey kill body o. grin grin

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Munzy14(m): 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

I am an artisan in Abuja who works under a reputable company as a freelancer. My job entails me moving around much everytime. I've done this for years now and to be honest it's really affecting me. The stress of trekking, getting into vehicles and alighting incessantly is really wearing me out. I'm thinking of saving 3k per day for about 2 years to get a car to help ease my movement because in the past and even now, I've lost some customers due to my inability to meet up with some appointments. Most times I get home really exhausted not necessarily because of much work but because of the stress involved in getting to customers' houses and returning again daily.

Now here's the challenge... I planned on getting a land and start building soon before the idea of getting a car came up due to much stress of moving about. I'd really love to own my own house. So please I'd be needing advice from you guys... House or car? Which should I start with first? Really important. Thanks.
Your budget is 2.2million...If you have land already, You can get a nice car since it a necessity now and not a luxury.

But if no land yet, acquire a land, then get a car...When the money start flowing, you start building.

Please don't buy car to Bamba o cheesy

In buying a car, get one that is good and flows with naija economy in regards to easy maintenance...

Good luck!
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by wisdom042(m): 1:20pm On Jan 25, 2022
Whatever decision you make is still good just make sure you’re progressing. If it’s car first no problem if it’s building project still no problem
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Ayoolamax: 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Go for CLITOcurency naa. Useless question all in the name of traffic.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by weslay: 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2022
3k for 2 years is over 2million. That seems to much for a functional car. Why not get a reliable car like a Golf btw 500k to 750k and channel other savings to your house.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by BafanaBafana: 1:26pm On Jan 25, 2022
I think it's a primitive argument comparing a house to a car. Do you know how much it costs to build a house? A house is something that can be built in phases. It's not a day thing.
If you need a car and you can afford it, buy!
Buying a car has never stopped anyone from building a house

2 Likes

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by UTMOST10(m): 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2022
Set your scale of preference rightly.....you know what is most important to you. Thanks...
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Burgerlomo: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Abeg don't let any stupid idea distract you from your awesome original plan which is to build your own house
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by braine(m): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2022
Buy a car!!

Mobility will enable make more income, if managed properly, trust me
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by olisefom: 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2022
A business that is related to what you already know now will help provide both if you are the business type. Goodluck
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by MeghaneMorgane(f): 1:48pm On Jan 25, 2022
It depends oo. I think having were to sleep is more important than driving a car.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by unclejb2(m): 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
anthonyuncle:
house first.

i think the main issue here is that you prepare for appointments late,prefer to trekk distances that you should've either entered a bus or used a bike, and don't tackle your tasks on time until it gets to the agreed date (this is common among artisans in this country. it's like you all are in the same whastapp group).

stop over trekking,
prepare for appointments on time,
try to finish your tasks before the agreed date.

these will help you to have a relaxed body and mind.
you obviously don't live in Abuja
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2022
So na 3k Op want dey save take buy house and car It's well ooooo... hmm
A week 21k
A month 84k
12 months 1,008,000
24 months 2,016,000

Op rush buy car when the money ripe. From there u fit meet up ur engagements on time and also expand
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by AmazingELixir: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Based on your write up, getting yourself a car first seem the most logical step considering the fact it aids your business besides, the car also presents you the opportunity to make some money as a side hustle (car hailing service). Building a house means Procuring a piece of land first and developing it and comparing both costs, the car option is far cheaper and achievable in the short run.

With the car and your side hustle you can save rapidly toward building your own house while enjoying the convenience of owning a car.

On a lighter note if you continue this your trekking under the sun and jumping buses and cabs every day you might get old before you safe enough to build that house of yours at 3k per day saving.

Godspeed Op.
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nezzjnr: 1:56pm On Jan 25, 2022
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by yesloaded: 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Go for car first

You are buying it to make your work easier

If you are not making money, there's no way you will be able to build a house
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Bluntdude: 2:01pm On Jan 25, 2022
Naijabad:

Please follow this advice. Ensure you dont buy a Nigerian used car, no matter how cheap.
Except you know the owner who must be a gentleman.

Thanks
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by MadIT(m): 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2022
obailala:
At 3k savings per day, it would probably take you 10-15 years to build a miniature house. So if you chose to build the house first, you would probably die from the weariness of excessive trekking before you even get to the roofing stage. Consider your health bro...

Besides, after getting a decent car, it could boost your business immensely and in addition to preserving your health, you'd earn more and save more to be able to build your house.

This is the best advice so far (My opinion).

Car is not always a liability (atleast not in this era of ehailing...Uber/bolt and co), u can even use the car to make extra money. In that case, the car is an investment (an asset). U need a car to be more productive and probably earn more, then focus on building your own house afterwards. Having a car could open you to more 'money making opportunities' o.
Besides, your health should come first. "Take care of ur body and your body will take care of you". Na who well dy build house o my brother.
If i was in your shoes, i will go for the car first.

1 Like

Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
Bluntdude:

Thanks
Commot there.. 3k a day will not save u oo
Re: House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused by bmdmix11: 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2022
u wan dey save 3k on either house or car

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

*Updated*Properties In Ibadan To Let*With Pictures* / Reasons Many People Do Not Have House / How Much Will It Cost To Fence A One Acre Land In Abeokuta?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.