Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1209844 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Imustreturn(m): 9:54am On Apr 06, 2022
Phenmeson:

Let her check on sites like Reed.co.uk, indeed.com, cv-library.co.uk, totaljobs.com etc
thank you brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Imustreturn(m): 9:59am On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by 9iceboi(m): 10:11am On Apr 06, 2022
mimilyrics:
No, it can't.
Apart from your school fees which might be a minimum of £10,000 (N7,000,000 using the rate of N700-£1) after discounts and/or scholarships, you still need to have your maintainance which is £1,334 *9 = £12,006 / N8,404,200 (for inside London Schools) or £1,023*9 = £9,209 / N6,444,900 (for outer London schools).
With the above, you will need an estimated sum of
1. £22,006 / N15,404,200 for inner London or
2. £19,209 / N13,446,300 for outer London

People sef.
You can pay part of your fees with form A. It will be like 560 to a pound.
Using oanda to calculate 22,006 It will be around 13,000,000 or less.

Although 4m won't do but don't give figures that are outrageous

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Olulegit: 10:12am On Apr 06, 2022
Good morning everyone, please I have been trying to register online for my tb test but after the email verification it keeps bring an error message. Anyone experiencing the same thing?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Hanzzyyy(m): 10:14am On Apr 06, 2022
Thank you so much for this information, I appreciate and wish you good luck on future endeavors cool
SPDAZZY:

Here is the format as shared by Resurgent2016

We xxxx and xxxx are the parents and legal guardian of our son whose name, date of birth and passport number is stated below:

• Name: xxy
• Date of Birth: xxy
• Passport Number: xxy
This is to confirm that we are both in agreement on the visa application, the living arrangement in the United Kingdom, and the address of where we will be staying with our child, and we will both be responsible for him.
Yours Sincerely,

Parent 1 Parent 2

As for the Biometrics, we were fortunate to get same date. My hubby and child got same time and I got a different time but we did together. This is most likely due to the fact that there are less crowds now.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by eljidy(m): 10:16am On Apr 06, 2022
Queenzy421:
Good morning all.

My son got his passport yesterday and his name was written as Oluwaseyi, he has Oluseyi on all other documents including NIN and birth certificate. I am already in the UK and also used Oluseyi when I was filling his name as my dependant.

Will an affidavit be okay?
Can a minor swear an affidavit?
Thanks for your response

Hi,

I don't think affividat will suffice for this. You will need to correct the name on the passport.

If the mistake was from the Immigration office, then your son shouldn't have collected the passport or activate it. By doing so, he has accepted the responsibility.

If the name he filled in his form is different from what was printed on the passport and he is sure the mistake was from them. He should have reject it. They would have reprinted it.

Unfortunately, this can only be corrected in Abuja at the head office and it is a bit expensive.

I hope you find someone that can really help you with the process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Imustreturn(m): 10:19am On Apr 06, 2022
Please oh which university accept HND for masters.

Course: banking and finance or anything relating to that?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by samsat(m): 10:28am On Apr 06, 2022
I used Form A to collect dollars as PTA. I sold the dollars to buy pounds.

kenblade:
Congrats. But biko how did you get to change your baira to pounds? Form A or black market?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Queenzy421(f): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2022
eljidy:

Hi,

I don't think affividat will suffice for this. You will need to correct the name on the passport.

If the mistake was from the Immigration office, then your son shouldn't have collected the passport or activate it. By doing so, he has accepted the responsibility.

If the name he filled in his form is different from what was printed on the passport and he is sure the mistake was from them. He should have reject it. They would have reprinted it.

Unfortunately, this can only be corrected in Abuja at the head office and it is a bit expensive.

I hope you find someone that can really help you with the process.

Thank you for your response.
Maybe I'll correct the name on NIN then, since it's just N2,500 and can be done within the State and get him another birth certificate

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bali233: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2022
Pls people that collected PTA kindly indicate the bank and how long it took and whether you got physical dollars or pounds or was given a card. and the maximum amount one can request for. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Pauloot(m): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2022
Aieboocaar:

Well, I have a slight similar case as yours and I can tell you that you can proceed to do your test with the available passport but you would be given two options

1. Book and do the test NOW with the available passport that will soon expire (But you will have to come back to IOM to change your Name and passport number on the certificate to match with your new passport when it come out and this WILL cost you money).

2. Wait till your new passport comes out before you do the test. (you will still be given an appointment date if you're sure your passport will be out by then).

In my case I chose the later as my passport is already in process and should be ready in 4weeks time. Hopefully.

SOURCE: Na wetin dem tell me as I go their office go book my test.

Cheers.
Thats not true. Your old passport number reflects on your new passport.
People i know got their visas without visiting IOM for passort number update.

Selah

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thebossagain: 10:42am On Apr 06, 2022
Please urgently if anybody who has gone to Bolton university or about going there , how much did you use as POF for a family of 3 , applicant , wife and a baby, please any body who has an ideal should help out , thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mechoau(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2022
yommexe:

Please after receiving this mail what's next? I also got same mail and seems unclear to me, some part of the mail seems to be giving me go ahead to pay the deposit while others says otherwise.

I was also confused Bcus the content of the mail only stated that my offer has been accepted and updated but the conditional offer still remain the same. All I did was I wrote to the mail addressed ( result@derby.ac.uk) in the letter, writing in to upload my waec result as requested. That was all I did, while I await again for their response Bcus my offer still seems to be conditional
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:45am On Apr 06, 2022
tunjigypsy:

I applied in January.

According to the mail I received, once the initial deposit payment is confirmed, CAS will be issued
Oh okay. I don tire to wait for admission from them. I actually like the school, it's affordable with good payment plan

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thebossagain: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2022
felixoviosun:
someone should please help respond to this

Uba is the fastest , testimony from those who have used it , check earlier trend.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Solatium(m): 10:54am On Apr 06, 2022
thebossagain:

You and I knows that not everybody is going for education route, but using it as a means to a better life, every man has it only reason and story,

Of course i do,but what stop's them from enduring for that 9months of study and do your thing thereafter?
Or do you think the system will not get hold of them?
People are free to do whatever,but my concern is they shouldn't spoil the route for others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by thebossagain: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2022
yommexe:

after receiving the mail what's next? I also got same mail and seems unclear to me, some part of the mail seems to be giving me go ahead to pay the deposit while others says otherwise.

You accept your offer on the school portal, not through email , locate your school portal and click accept offer , if there is other documents that is needed upload it , and you will get your unconditional offer

Cheer's
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by yemisi10: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2022
Please is it mandatory to submit transcripts during Visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2022
Take a deep breath and read the post I responded to again. Be honest with your answer, can N4m take someone to the UK for school as the OP asked? The question didn't say that the N4m will be what is left after paying fees but asked if that's enough.

Those figures aren't outrageous. Using the rate of N560 still brings the inner London cost to N12,323,360 and for outer London, N10,757,040. That is still a far cry from the N4m that the OP is budgeting.
With the delays or non-approval of Form As and payment dealines, many people have no option but to look at alternate sources of paying fees which can either be paying someone in the UK in Naira so that the person can help them pay or even buying from black market.

And using the exchange rate of N700-£1 is an example. Oanda / forex rate isn't static and always safer to have more than is required in the account.

Never shy away from letting people have an idea of what the true cost of studying in the UK is. UK isn't a bed of roses and it is always good to give people an idea of the cost implications so that they are prepared for any eventuality.
9iceboi:

People sef.
You can pay part of your fees with form A. It will be like 560 to a pound.
Using oanda to calculate 22,006 It will be around 13,000,000 or less.

Although 4m won't do but don't give figures that are outrageous

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 11:09am On Apr 06, 2022
Queenzy421:
Thank you for your response.
Maybe I'll correct the name on NIN then, since it's just N2,500 and can be done within the State and get him another birth certificate
corrction of all data except DOB on nin is 600 naira. Correct the NIN instead. His name from now on will be Oluwaseyi. U can get affidavit for change of name as well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by yommexe(m): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2022

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by yommexe(m): 11:19am On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ComputerWiz007: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2022
mechoau:

Haven’t get any response from them since last week Friday I mailed them ooooo…. I hate schools that are slowgish and takes forever getting back to applicants
Ha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ComputerWiz007: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2022
yommexe:

Derby Portal does not have where to accept offer BUT the offer letter states we should send it as a mail to a particular email address

Thanks
oh
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by tosinobikoya49: 11:43am On Apr 06, 2022
mimilyrics:
No, it can't.
Apart from your school fees which might be a minimum of £10,000 (N7,000,000 using the rate of N700-£1) after discounts and/or scholarships, you still need to have your maintainance which is £1,334 *9 = £12,006 / N8,404,200 (for inside London Schools) or £1,023*9 = £9,209 / N6,444,900 (for outer London schools).
You don’t use black market rate to calculate you use oando rate which is 543/£1 today but due to the flunctuation you can use 600/£1 I used 560/£1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gabrille(m): 11:48am On Apr 06, 2022
Hello, unilag is on strike so I cannot collect my B.Sc certificate yet. Are there Unis I can apply to for M.Sc with just a copy of my students transcript?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by UKschool: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2022
duchess90:
Hi

Do a 1:5ratio, for every 1 No you get send out 5 new applications

When the offers start to roll in na you go choose.

All the best

Cheers

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bighgggg: 11:48am On Apr 06, 2022
My Trade(Form A) is showing this. What's the next step please

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ComputerWiz007: 11:55am On Apr 06, 2022
mimilyrics:
No, it can't.
Nice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 11:56am On Apr 06, 2022
Read the original question and my subsequent responses on why the rate was used - that should answer your questions. And hope you saw that I used the words "might" and "estimated" which expresses a possibility but not the certainty of using N700 as an exchange rate.

Also, whether Oanda or BM rates, the OP asked about if N4m will be enough but it will not be enough for school fees and POF. Using BM rates is a safe bet.
tosinobikoya49:

You don’t use black market rate to calculate you use oando rate which is 543/£1 today but due to the flunctuation you can use 600/£1 I used 560/£1

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mimilyrics: 11:59am On Apr 06, 2022
Did you read my subsequent comment or did you deliberately skip it? And hope you saw that I used the words "might" and "estimated" which expresses a possibility but not the certainty of using N700 as an exchange rate.
At this point, all I will say to anyone planning on coming to the UK, plan ahead and ensure that you have funds to tide you over because things might not necessarily pan out how you planned.
ComputerWiz007:
Nice one.. But why did you use the rate of 700 to £1, I thought we are using CBN or oanda rate which is lesser.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.