Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1209646 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 8:31pm On May 07, 2022
Rollitout:

Seriously ?
1. 5,700 Swift Charges
2. 10,400 Offshore Charges
3. 5,000 CBN FORM A Charges

I don't think CBN charges for FORM A, I have never heard this before but my bank debited me for this charges
1 and 2 is compulsory but that 3, I am not sure.

CBN form A is 5k, it’s written on their website.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by protocol(m): 8:32pm On May 07, 2022
ZaraOli:
For the TB test,when is the latest time one can arrive at IOM. Can one get there in the afternoon for an 11.30 appointment or they shut their doors after.
Thank you
According to someone here, be there before 7am irrespective of your time

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by sholabentikay(m): 8:36pm On May 07, 2022
RisenStar:

What subject have you been teaching and for how long? Knowledge of that can help in the choice of course and writing of SOP. U can state that the love for d new course spanned from your years of teaching and discoveries u made while teaching and impacting young lives.

I have been teaching in N/P school for 5year now..
Since the experience in primary school. Don't know if i should consider childhood education, but what about getting job after, that also is important. Suggest course around the experience will be appreciated. Pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 9:51pm On May 07, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

Ideally yes, but this is the caveat, you will not be able to study full-time and work full-time(i.e more than 20hrs)

2. You need to confirm if you can switch to another visa, previously tier 2 dependants couldn't switch to tier 2 if they got a job, and if they want to study it has to be a course they will finish within 3months.

My advise, she can switch to Tier 2 and you switch to Tier 2 dependants towards the end of your studies ( typically 3months or less) when you have explored other visa routes and seen that is the only viable option left

Cheers

Thanks for your insight.

What if I get sponsored too, 3 months before end of my student visa, who will now be dependent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bookcaller(f): 9:52pm On May 07, 2022
DreiOX:
Please has your dependant gotten her Visa now? Mine too is pending since April

Did my biometrics April 20.
Applied as a dependent

No mails… nothing yet.
Still at DMC�[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by rumuseh14: 10:10pm On May 07, 2022
Hello my good on this platform. I must commend the effort each and everyone put proffer solutions to pressing issues here.
Please I have a little issue with my IOM TB test booking. Instead of putting 'Nigeria' as country of Nationality, I mistakenly put 'New Zealand'. Please my question is: Does this have any effect? If it does, how do I remedy this? I need your Swift response. Thanks as always.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Landlord2020: 10:30pm On May 07, 2022
Landlord2020:
Good day to all the gurus. Please I need your candid opinion.

My 10year ban for UK visa expired last year August 2021 for misrepresentation.
And have now secured admission for September 2022 intake which I made it clear to the school during the application process and they asked me to upload the refusal/ban letter which I did.

I want to ask what are my chances or what do I need to do to convince the Visa Officer?

Also, I already have masters degree in Psychology here in Nigeria in 2013 but I'm into real estate business with CAC cert since 2015; all these I stated in my SOP and was given admission into M.Sc Real Estate due to my career line.

Is it a must I declare my M.sc certificate during visa application cos some people said it will raise a red flag?

Pls gurus help respond to this.

@Justwise @duchess @Solatinum and others.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Webbystar(m): 10:39pm On May 07, 2022
rumuseh14:
Hello my good on this platform. I must commend the effort each and everyone put proffer solutions to pressing issues here.
Please I have a little issue with my IOM TB test booking. Instead of putting 'Nigeria' as country of Nationality, I mistakenly put 'New Zealand'. Please my question is: Does this have any effect? If it does, how do I remedy this? I need your Swift response. Thanks as always.

The day you're to do the test, tell the person confirming your payment, it will be rectified.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ZaraOli: 10:51pm On May 07, 2022
Afroguee:
Good day everyone,
I just checked space to book my TB test and the closest date is June 21st.
Any idea how to get an earlier date? I don't stay in lagos btw.

Please help.
Abuja has earlier dates if distance is not a problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ZeeMai: 10:59pm On May 07, 2022
Please who has recently used the flywire option of payment? I tried initiating a deposit payment of 4,556 GBP and it was converted to #3,573,462.00 which is way higher than the CBN rate/Oanda rate (#2,331,858). Is the flywire rate always this higher than the others? Gurus in the house, please help. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by donshegzy: 11:05pm On May 07, 2022
LOL. Flywire will debit you at black market rate. It’s just that the payment processing is faster.

If you want cheap rates, stick to form A from CBN. Otherwise….

ZeeMai:
Please who has recently used the flywire option of payment? I tried initiating a deposit payment of 4,556 GBP and it was converted to #3,573,462.00 which is way higher than the CBN rate/Oanda rate (#2,331,858). Is the flywire rate always this higher than the others? Gurus in the house, please help. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mcafeez: 11:14pm On May 07, 2022
Enuguangel:
Is it for September intakes

Yeah
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by mcafeez: 11:22pm On May 07, 2022
Raheemot:
I have applied to Sheffield hallam university since 7th of April and I am yet to get a response from them.
What do I do please

Call the international office. Make sure you have your student ID with you...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Nicky123: 11:38pm On May 07, 2022
Vmayor:
Any group for University Of Stirling September Intake ?
I don't think so o..I think it's high time we created one

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Joe6648: 11:51pm On May 07, 2022
gringrin New Zealand lol...consciously or unconsciously we 1 Japa sha....lol!....I don't think so, just take your evidence of payment and go, you will still need to confirm ur infor on their system first b4 proceeding to the next phase of the process, u can change it then....New Zealand grin grin
rumuseh14:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 11:56pm On May 07, 2022
Bookcaller:

Did my biometrics April 20.
Applied as a dependent

No mails… nothing yet.
Still at DMC�[color=#000099][/color]
you mean received by DMC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Diamond4339: 11:57pm On May 07, 2022
Please I have a question? My account I am using in funding, I just received a credit of 9100 from Ajeloan which I didn't even apply for. Calling them they were apologizing. The narration in the statement of my account is saying "transfer from Ajeloanajeloan" hope it won't affect when applying for visa.

Also, immediately I called them I transferred the money back to them with the narration saying "return to aveloanaveloan" the banker made a mistake in the spelling of the Ajeloan.
Please suggestions. I am really confused now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Mannymanny: 12:02am On May 08, 2022
Rousel:
Good day all, please I need your assistance on the right documents to submit for visa application.
Currently not working, doing my Agribusiness but not paid my CAC annual returns as I just started so it will show invalid.
What documents can I use ?
I have my Bsc certificate
Previous employment letter
Graduate internship registration (SURE-P)
TB test is on 30th of May
POF.
CAS
I have 1 previous visa denial
Your kind response is highly appreciated. Just don't want to shoot myself in the leg by submitting unnecessary info. Thank you

How does one calculate annual returns forCac??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:19am On May 08, 2022
Hello,

No one,there will be 2skilled workers visa linked to eachother,that can show history if needed.

Can I add to this by saying, questions may be asked/raised as to why applicants and dependants are chasing their separate visas routes,but it should ideally be linked.

More research is needed on this though and it will be worth speaking to an immigration lawyer

Cheers

Ugmama:

Thanks for your insight.

What if I get sponsored too, 3 months before end of my student visa, who will now be dependent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:24am On May 08, 2022
Hello,

There really isn't anything to suggest here, did the transfer affect your POF required? If No, then I am not sure why you are worrying.

Whatever the narration is, leave it as it is,do not attempt to edit your Bank statement, that is straight ban (10years)

Cheers

Diamond4339:
Please I have a question? My account I am using in funding, I just received a credit of 9100 from Ajeloan which I didn't even apply for. Calling them they were apologizing. The narration in the statement of my account is saying "transfer from Ajeloanajeloan" hope it won't affect when applying for visa.

Also, immediately I called them I transferred the money back to them with the narration saying "return to aveloanaveloan" the banker made a mistake in the spelling of the Ajeloan.
Please suggestions. I am really confused now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:32am On May 08, 2022
Hello,

@homesinabuja response is correct..you should be safe if it's study visa

Cheers

Bhoyo:
I’m applying for student visa. So I hope am safe?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 12:40am On May 08, 2022
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 12:52am On May 08, 2022
Please does anyone know how many weeks study visa is currently taking? And also is there anyone who got immediately after the said 3 weeks??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by collinsfbi(m): 12:56am On May 08, 2022
Pls is there anyone coming to the uk this week ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Promoter2: 1:14am On May 08, 2022
duchess90:
Hello,

There is alot more in being a sponsor, there is revenue and there is savings.

Is the business duly registered, if yes then good, are the taxes up to date and genuine,if yes then good.

I doubt UKVI will compare the business revenue to your schooling, so you should be fine.

Cheers

Thank you. Please you can edit your post and delete my text please lol.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Bookcaller(f): 1:32am On May 08, 2022
SPARKAMANI:
you mean received by DMC?

Yeah!
Just the first three greens marked since 20th of April.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Allsmyles(f): 1:35am On May 08, 2022
Rollitout:

Seriously ?
1. 5,700 Swift Charges
2. 10,400 Offshore Charges
3. 5,000 CBN FORM A Charges

I don't think CBN charges for FORM A, I have never heard this before but my bank debited me for this charges
1 and 2 is compulsory but that 3, I am not sure.

Well, UBA debits only 5k & 11,268
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by MSbarbieK: 5:56am On May 08, 2022
Bookcaller:

Yeah!
Just the first three greens marked since 20th of April.

It's not up to 15 working days. Let's be patience. But Pls when you get visa alert. Let us know ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by SPARKAMANI: 6:52am On May 08, 2022
MSbarbieK:

It's not up to 15 working days. Let's be patience. But Pls when you get visa alert. Let us know ooo grin

Where did you do your biometrics?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by skydude(m): 7:26am On May 08, 2022
SPARKAMANI:
Please does anyone know how many weeks study visa is currently taking? And also is there anyone who got immediately after the said 3 weeks??

All the people i know that got was 6 weeks.
Maybe people got within 3 weeks but we need to wait for their timeline as well.
If we say within 3 weeks does it inlclude all the weeks, inclusive holidays?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.