Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? (32533 Views)

Why Can't The Igbo's And The Yoruba's Don't Agree For Once? / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? / Are You Proud To Be Black, African, Nigerian, Cameroonian, Igbo? Well, Not Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 19, 2015
KidStranglehold:

LOL!!!! This clown even thinks I'm Somali... shocked shocked shocked

Beware, bro. He's trying to claim African-Americans. Hide Benjamin Banneker. Hide George Washington Carver. Hide McCoy. He's coming with 'proof' they were Somalis!

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 2:08am On Jan 19, 2015
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z98Thrtwf8A
[/url]. Here watch this it is about somali midieval time and a african is doing the speaking

Somali sultanates and empires

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajuran_Sultanate

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Ifat

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Mogadishu

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adal_Sultanate

This from ibn battuta book about us rotten bastards
The sultan, whose name is Abu Bakr, talks in the Mogadishu language, though he knows Arabic. We stayed there three days, food being brought to us three times a day, and on the fourth, a Friday, went to the mosque and prayed behind the sultan’s screen. When the ‘Shaykh’ came out I greeted him and he bade me welcome. He put on his sandals, ordering me to do the same, and set out for his palace on foot. All the other people walked barefooted. Over his head were carried four canopies of coloured silk, each surmounted by a golden bird. After the palace ceremonies were over, all those present saluted and retired
this 1301 during the moorish occupation. He mentioned the same sultan abu bakr that at attack through muslim fleets from east africa according to those arabic books.

Here is what he said also said in his book

His name is Abu-Bakr, son of the Sheikh Omar; he is by the origin of the Berbers, and he speaks in Maqdishi, but now the Arabic language."
note origins berber. I

This what historian vasco da gama said

In the Middle Ages, Mogadishu along with other coastal Somali cities in the south east of the Horn of Africa came under the Ajuuraan Empire's sphere of influence and experienced another Golden Age. When Vasco da Gama passed by Mogadishu, he noted that it was a large city with houses of four or five stores high and big palaces in its center and many mosques with cylindrical minarets
I never said anything about spain nor did i claim north african berber. I said somalis were called berbers and occupied sicily and al andulus which is documented. We were part of the moors we dominated the trade and were prosperous people during that time.

You guys cry and whine when euroventrics deny people being darkskin with overhelming Proof. Then you go around and do the same. Watch the video above Maybe it will educate you more about somalia.
Watch the history video!

I am done!! Stupid self hating monkey dick sucking somali and dumb tree hogging insecurity and inferiority driven bantu monkey.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 19, 2015
You should be aware by now that you are not making any sense at all.

Why do you keep quoting Ibn Battuta, as if anything he wrote supports in any way your claims about Somalis controlling al-Andalus and Sicily? Battuta never came close to saying that.

Stop saying stuff like: " I never said anything about Spain; I was talking of al-Andalus."

Dude, al-Andalus WAS Spain! And Portugal.

What is the matter with you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 2:21am On Jan 19, 2015
The moors were from somalia. Dont confuse i dont speak of north africans who invaded spain. Im Taking about the written fact that somalis invaded Sicily and al andalus. Who am i claiming exactly? I am just telling you about somalis who contributed during the moorish civilization. It. Is written down on the very book about moors. Sooo Bleep off!!

West african my Ass! The moors were muslim somalis were the first the convert to islam Even before the arabs. We saved and let the prophet and his followers seek refuge in zeila.

Yet as i showed you we were far more rich and powerfull than west africa and Even Arabia at the time. It was noted many famous reliable historians. There is Even castle that predate any civilization in west africa and europe.

Look at this video
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z98Thrtwf8A[/img]

I showed you books on moorish civilization stating east african muslim ships attacking sicily and al andalus. The same names ibn mattuta mentioned in his books were mentioned in the books about muslim ships attacking italy and Portugal. I am making alot of sense! If you could only read and listen!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 2:26am On Jan 19, 2015
No. The term Moor comes from the term Mauri which meant black people of Morocco and Northwest Africa. Those "black" people being Berbers.

The Moors were not from Somalia. It had nothing to do with Somalis. Now you're just making stuff up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 2:31am On Jan 19, 2015
Radoillo:
You should be aware by now that you are not making any sense at all.

Why do you keep quoting Ibn Battuta, as if anything he wrote supports in any way your claims about Somalis controlling al-Andalus and Sicily? Battuta never came close to saying that.

Stop saying stuff like: " I never said anything about Spain; I was talking of al-Andalus."

Dude, al-Andalus WAS Spain! And Portugal.

What is the matter with you?

Typical negro answer it matter cuz you said somalis were not among the moors but there are books Saying we attacked sicily and al andulus. There were many historians who wrote extensively about us during that time.

You were also trying to that somalis wasnt called berber. He calls somali people berber in his book.

You Even said somalis were camel herding people! I showed you our sultanates empires during that time Even how it was note how rich we were! It Matters becuz i give you Proof but you ignore it. We are located on the most strategic region for godsake

Watch the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z98Thrtwf8A
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 19, 2015
I like how Puntite ran away from most my posts debunking his nonsense.

Anyways I'll let him have his fun.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 2:36am On Jan 19, 2015
KidStranglehold:
No. The term Moor comes from the term Mauri which meant black people of Morocco and Northwest Africa. Those "black" people being Berbers.

The Moors were not from Somalia. It had nothing to do with Somalis. Now you're just making stuff up.

Man you are the most retarded person ive seen. The Word moor was attributed to anyone with darkskin. So no arabs were part of attacking europe also?

You just State nonsense without sources.then claim i said things which i did not.

Somalis attacked sicily and al andulus durin the time of the moors(fact).

I showed you books Maps and etc. Then your Saying im making stuff up. Do you have your head in check? If not pull it out of that monkey butt its in.

history book you can search for it. The Politics of Dress in Somali Culture By Heather Marie Akou

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 19, 2015
slowpoke Arabs(and Somalis) weren't called Moors. Arabs were called something else. Again...
"North African, Berber," late 14c., from Old French More, from Medieval Latin Morus, from Latin Maurus "inhabitant of Mauritania" (northwest Africa, a region now corresponding to northern Algeria and Morocco),from Greek Mauros, perhaps a native name, or else cognate with mauros "black" (but this adjective only appears in late Greek and may as well be from the people's name as the reverse). Being a dark people in relation to Europeans, their name in the Middle Ages was a synonym for "Negro;" later (16c.-17c.) used indiscriminately of Muslims (Persians, Arabs, etc.) but especially those in India."
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=moor
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 2:48am On Jan 19, 2015
Why are you guys Running away and ignoring the proof i gave you. By book by pictures by Maps.

The Moor, whom the classical Greek and the Roman authors called Berber were black, and affiliated with the then contemporary peoples of the East Africa area . The word Berber was used in fact to refer to peoples of the Red Sea area in Africa as well as North Africans.

Add that to the several book not one several that State somalia attacke sicily and al andulus with the same names ibn battuta mentioned when he visited somalia and called the somali sultan berber.

Just ignore and run away from it! Cowards keep Saying the moors were berber and west african only! I am done Gday
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 19, 2015
Your stupidit.y is beginning to hurt my head. My first comment on this thread was to admit that people in the Horn were also called Barbaroi/Berber and that Northern Somalia was known (is still known) as Berbera.

But I went on to say that this doesn't indicate any kinship with the Maghrebi Berbers (the actual Moorish rulers of Spain). Same way calling Native Americans Indians doesn't indicate any kinship with South Asians.

You understand so far?

Nope, you haven't presented the tiniest evidence of Somali conquest of any part of Europe. Nothing at all.

The sultan of Mogadishu in the 14th century whom Battuta met never took territory in Europe. You totally made that up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 2:54am On Jan 19, 2015
Yeah i know the origins of that Word you i"diot
They were the ones who first attacked europe in spain the north africans. Then other darkskinned nations followed. Just like the definition you gave me states the darskinned in relation to the europe were called moors. You Say arab wasnt called moors Then it states in the definition you gave that it was use to discriminated against them. you dont read through what you post what a airhead
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 2:59am On Jan 19, 2015
Radoillo:
Your stupidit.y is beginning to hurt my head. My first comment on this thread was to admit that people in the Horn were also called Barbaroi/Berber and that Northern Somalia was known (is still known) as Berbera.

But I went on to say that this doesn't indicate any kinship with the Maghrebi Berbers (the actual Moorish rulers of Spain). Same way calling Native Americans Indians doesn't indicate any kinship with South Asians.

You understand so far?

Nope, you haven't presented the tiniest evidence of Somali conquest of any part of Europe. Nothing at all.

The sultan of Mogadishu in the 14th century whom Battuta met never took territory in Europe. You totally made that up.

He is beyond a slowpoke.

But more importantly his OWN quote states the Moors/Berbers were BLACK! LMAO!!!!

So does he admit that Somalis are black! LOL!

He's a more terrible troll than axum and thats saying something.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 3:00am On Jan 19, 2015
Radoillo:

You understand so far?

Nope, you haven't presented
the tiniest evidence of Somali conquest of any part of Europe. Nothing at all.

Now you are just trolling me

Map look closely retard it says berber where somalia is

Proof of conquest written in book

The History of the Mohammedan Dynasties in Spain: Extracted from ..., Volume 1
By Aḥmad ibn Muḥammad al- Maqqarī, Ibn al-Khaṭīb

Dhikr Fatḥ Al-Andalus: Ibn Abd-el-Hakem's History of the Conquest of Spain
By Ibn ʻAbd al-Ḥakam

From book written about moors. With the same names ibn battuta stated when he visited somalia.

The Moor, whom the classical Greek and the Roman authors called Berber were black, and affiliated with the then contemporary peoples of the East Africa area . The word Berber was used in fact to refer to peoples of the Red Sea area in Africa as well as North Africans.

According to Ivan Van Sertima, associate professor of African Studies at Rutgers University. "Black Moors were in every corner of Europe. Most people do not know that the peoples called Berbers by the classical Greek an Roman historians were black and affiliated with the then contemporary peoples of the East African area."
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by gallivant: 3:06am On Jan 19, 2015
Your nonsense won't change the facts.Historically you are a camel herder, in 2015 your people still are camel herders.That is our point. Usually we allow idiot Somalis to thump their chests but you forget its because we allow it.Insulting fellow Afrcans is to your detriment consideribg you are the lowest of all Africans. wink
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 19, 2015
KidStranglehold:

He is beyond a slowpoke.

But more importantly his OWN quote states the Moors/Berbers were BLACK! LMAO!!!!

Don't tell me you don't know this guy is Axum. They argue exactly the same way, presenting evidence that don't agree with their points, completely incapable of comprehending basic logic.

There's just a little difference in their understanding of Somali history, but I think that's just a tactic to fool us.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by gallivant: 3:10am On Jan 19, 2015
Somalis are Arab worshipping pieces of $hit.Goodnight Axum. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 3:11am On Jan 19, 2015
KidStranglehold:

He is beyond a slowpoke.

How am i slowpoke? The qoutes are there to give Proof not for my correction the right term. Dumb bi**ch! When They Say black They mean about dark skin the point i was trying to make. The whole thing about using black as an identifier is what i am against. You are IQLess.

Atleast you agree we were part of the moorish civilization. Nuff said gday
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 3:14am On Jan 19, 2015
gallivant:
Somalis are Arab worshipping pieces of $hit.Goodnight Axum. smiley
arab worshippers who enslaved the arabs while you guys were shown of at the jungle zoo as slaves. you are the dumbest fool ive seen. you claim the moors who were muslim Then you Bash islam. Walahi you have psycological problems.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 19, 2015
Radoillo:

You understand so far?

This is true. It looks like he's trying to use that ancient 'title' for else.

Axum's claims are extremely farfetched to be sure, but no more so than "Jesus/Mohammed was Black" and "Ancient Egypt was Black".

PaganNaija was right...

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 3:19am On Jan 19, 2015
gallivant:
Your nonsense won't change the facts.Historically you are a camel herder, in 2015 your people still are camel herders.That is our point. Usually we allow idiot Somalis to thump their chests but you forget its because we allow it.Insulting fellow Afrcans is to your detriment consideribg you are the lowest of all Africans. wink

We are camel herdels, ok if thats what you believe Then i hope it makes you sleep at night. Know that At least we werent slaves and shown at the zoo as you guys were. At least we dont suffer from aid,siphillis and ebola like you guys. Stop fucking monkeys man. Historicall? You mean from your monkey Ass Then im sorry Ask Kidstranglehold to fetch some.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Axum's claims are extremely farfetched to be sure, but no more so than "Jesus/Mohammed was Black" and "Ancient Egypt was Black".

PaganNaija was right...

Indeed.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 3:24am On Jan 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

PaganNaija was right...

Im not axum! How is it far fetched about the moors when i showed you written historical Proof from book about the very moors themselves?

The prophet was a dark skinned cushite i showed Proof via hadith with sahih sources yet it is far fetched.

Whatever suits your bill. Be spoon fed by your beloved white arab and europeans your news.

Then go lick monkey butt
Doesn't that sound like plan to you?
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 3:25am On Jan 19, 2015
Radoillo:

Indeed.

Ironically enough, this 'issue' is easily solved by staying within the bounds of one's immediate ethnic ancestry.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 3:32am On Jan 19, 2015
You dumbfuck i never claimed kinship to th north african berbers. I said somalis were called berbers we were among them and i spoke about sicily and al andulus. Not the conquers of spain.

I show you book that seperatly independly somalis attacked european cities.

Forget it you guys are to IQLESS to understand. You guys have to have your white or arab slave master to come spoon feed you about history or news.

Gday im done
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jan 19, 2015
Puntite:

Im not axum! How is it far fetched about the moors when i showed you written historical Proof from book about the very moors themselves?

The prophet was a dark skinned cushite i showed Proof via hadith with sahih sources yet it is far fetched.

Whatever suits your bill. Be spoon fed by your beloved white arab and europeans your news.

Then go lick monkey butt
Doesn't that sound like plan to you?

Lol, I know Somalis were called Berbers, but then don't you know that there are a people in North Africa called Berbers? They call themselves the Amazigh. They were the ones - with a mixture of others - who constituted the Moors that invaded Al-Andulus. You should look 'em up.

Aren't you a Muslim? The prophet was an Arab from Arabia. You should be saying 10 "Istaghfurallahs" right about now.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 19, 2015
Puntite:

I show you book that seperatly independly somalis attacked european cities.

Gday im done

So I checked out the names mentioned in your 'proof:. Turns out they were caliphs of the Ummayyad Dynasty ruling from Cordoba, Spain (Abd errahman ibn Abd Allah, for example). Like I suspected you had taken the information out of context.

Nice.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Puntite: 3:52am On Jan 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol, I know Somalis were called Berbers, but then don't you know that there are a people in North Africa called Berbers? They call themselves the Amazigh. They were the ones - with a mixture of others - who constitutes the moors that made Al-Andulus. You should look 'em up.

Aren't you a Muslim? The prophet was an Arab from Arabia. You should be saying 10 "Istaghfurallahs" right about now.

Salam. I know They attacked it al andulus, but somalis joined them look at the book enlisted above which is from a book about moorish civilization it States that somalis attacked sicily and joined up with the berbers in al andalus. Bro i never said he wasnt an arab from Arabia. I said he was darkskinned and looked no different than a horner. So was every arab also before the persian turkish migration. Say astaqfrullah for what? What is Haram that ive done i showed in this gjerast factual Proof from hadith about descripion of him as well as an hadith were prophet talks about the black sheep and white sheep mix happening and the black sheep no longer being seen in the herd of sheep. Where he states that non arab(white persian) will steal the arab identity.

Go look at what i posted throughout the thread.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 3:54am On Jan 19, 2015
Puntidiot:

How am i slowpoke? The qoutes are there to give Proof not for my correction the right term. Dumb bi**ch! When They Say black They mean about dark skin the point i was trying to make. The whole thing about using black as an identifier is what i am against. You are IQLess.

Atleast you agree we were part of the moorish civilization. Nuff said gday

You have not even addressed my main posts that addressed your three sources. So why should anyone pay attention to what you say? The sources that you posted do correlate with what you are saying with Somalis being apart of Moorish civilizations. Western Sudanese(west Africans) were more apart of Moorish culture than Somalis ever one.

My IQ is low? Yet your posts are not only allover the place, but more importantly you're having a difficult time grasping what us "typical negros" are telling you. I already told you the term "Moor" meant Berbers of the Maghreb who were black. I already told you that the term "Berber" that was used for Somalis in antiquity is different from the term "Berber" used today and that they do not have the same origins. But more importantly I already informed you that the "Berbers" from the Maghreb were NOT called "Berbers" back then, but "Mauri".

Of course you're too slow to comprehend all this. Show me a clear direct SOURCE that states Somalis from the horn were apart of the Moorish conquest of Iberia/Southern Europe. And not speculation stating "East Africans".

Now GTFO here!
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 19, 2015
KidStranglehold:

You have not even addressed my main posts that addressed your three sources. So why should anyone pay attention to what you say? The sources that you posted do correlate with what you are saying with Somalis being apart of Moorish civilizations. Western Sudanese(west Africans) were more apart of Moorish culture than Somalis ever one.

My IQ is low? Yet your posts are not only allover the place, but more importantly you're having a difficult time grasping what us "typical negros" are telling you. I already told you the term "Moor" meant Berbers of the Maghreb who were black. I already told you that the term "Berber" that was used for Somalis in antiquity is different from the term "Berber" used today and that they do not have the same origins. But more importantly I already informed you that the "Berbers" from the Maghreb were NOT called "Berbers" back then, but "Mauri".

You're wrong here. They were called Berbers then, and the name still sticks today despite their having other more culturally accurate/suitable name(s) for themselves. That's not to say the term "Moor/Mauri" wasn't in wide use.
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 4:06am On Jan 19, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

You're wrong here. They were called Berbers then, and the name still sticks today despite their having other more culturally accurate name(s) for themselves. That's not to say the term "Moor" wasn't in wide use.

*Sigh*

Read the sources that were already posted:
The ethnonym Berber dates to the 19th century, derived from Barbary the term for the Maghreb coast used during the early modern period, itself from Greek barbaria "land of barbarians". The contemporary self-designation current mostly in Morocco is Imazighen(singular Amazigh). This term is common in Morocco, especially among Central Atlas, Rifian and Shilah speakers in 1980,[1] but elsewhere within the Berber homeland sometimes a local, more particular term, such as Kabyle (Kabyle comes from Arabic: tribal confederation) or Chaoui, is more often used instead in Algeria.[2]
The Berber tribal populations of antiquity are known as Numidians and later as Mauri in classical antiquity. These are umbrella terms that would include populations whose self-designation was a variety of tribal names, although Strabo asserts that Mauri was also used indigenously. The Libu of ancient Egyptian sources, eponymous of the name Libyamay also have been an early Berber or Proto-Berber population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_the_Berber_people

The usage of the term "Berber" is a recent one. No primary source during antiquity ever mentions a "Berber people" in the Maghreb. They went by Numidian, Ethiopian, Mauri or just their ethnic name.

Today their all binded together because they speak a common language which was recently named "Berber". This is the same case for "Cushite" and "Bantu".
Re: Why Can't The Prophets Be Black ? by Nobody: 4:09am On Jan 19, 2015
Puntite:

Salam. I know They attacked it al andulus, but somalis joined them look at the book enlisted above which is from a book about moorish civilization it States that somalis attacked sicily and joined up with the berbers in al andalus. Bro i never said he wasnt an arab from Arabia. I said he was darkskinned and looked no different than a horner. So was every arab also before the persian turkish migration. Say astaqfrullah for what? What is Haram that ive done i showed in this gjerast factual Proof from hadith about descripion of him as well as an hadith were prophet talks about the black sheep and white sheep mix happening and the black sheep no longer being seen in the herd of sheep. Where he states that non arab(white persian) will steal the arab identity.

Go look at what i posted throughout the thread.

You said he was a "Cushite". And no Hadith, or text I've ever read has ever described him as being 'dark-skinned". And mind you, I lived in Egypt where they have Al-Azhar.

Which book?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife: "Operation Python Dance In The South-East Not Acceptable" / The Prettiest African Woman / Why Do Yorubas Return The Bride-price To The Groom's Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.