Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. (1030 Views)

I Was Diagnosed Of HIV Last Week / Marijuana can lead to mental disorder or madness. Avoid it! / Crazy Photos Of Mental Disorder Man Spotted Watching Nigeria Vs Athletico Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by TheGidRedpiller(m): 10:31am On Feb 02, 2022
The family doctor was around that morning and he caught me pulling hair strands out of my head. He called immediate attention to it and ever since i have been put all eyes on especially by my brother, i love him so much.

So far i have just been given a name of the problem, the psych doctors called it Trichotillomania a hair pulling disorder either triggered by emotional degradations like anxiety, depression, overthinking e.t.c or mere addiction, but of course i already figured out what caused mine even before the doctors would figure it out; Acute Paranoia.

Fvvck i didn't even know it had a name, talkless of it being worth so much medical attention, this is the reason i haven't posted in two days straight now though.
This problem has always been there by the way, i remember writing THE SAVE HIM PROJECT, you remember? I was writing with my right hand and the left hand was on my head, pulling...

Still Typing...
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:37am On Feb 02, 2022
Mental illness is real .. cry
You need to see a therapist aiit.. smiley

Myself was thinking about you for a second tho..cos you are always on here to talk about us.. grin
I was like where is this guy that normally spew nonsense he has no idea about..

Good you are back..any update about women today? grin

Did you ask him if you are suffering form misogyny mental illness? cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by TheGidRedpiller(m): 10:43am On Feb 02, 2022
The doctors called it a coping mechanism, something i do instead of doing something else, maybe something even more dangerous like drugs.

I pull for every sticky situation i find myself in, like anger, boredom, overthinking e.t.c. I already filed for therapy, this also means that i might be off for sometime, if the process doesn't allow me to use my phone.

I'm an all body puller, which means that i pull out hair strands from all part of my body, even my genital areas, yes its painful, but somehow i sort of enjoy it? yea.
The pain takes away the other pains, my head is always hair-scanty, most times i pull unconsciously, until my brother calls my attention to it.

I guess the therapy also takes care of the paranoia, i think.
Do misunderstand, i didn't start pulling when i became redpilled, it started when my dad passed away, 7 years ago, i think in secondary school, but of course me being enlightened by the redpill THE WAY I DID aggravates things.

Pray for me. pray for Gideon.

TRP IS GOLDEN!!

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by TheGidRedpiller(m): 11:14am On Feb 02, 2022
I do not need pity please, it disgusts me. Thanks for all the support. 2 people already contacted.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by iTroll: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2022
TheGidRedpiller:
I do not need pity please, it disgusts me. Thanks for all the support.
2 people already contacted.
If you aren’t seeking empathy, then why are you here?
To brag?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by tobidipity(m): 11:37am On Feb 02, 2022
iTroll:

If you aren’t seeking empathy, then why are you here?
To brag?

Speaking out is a therapy on its own. You don't have to drop a comment if you've got nothing sensible to say you know

3 Likes

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by iTroll: 11:48am On Feb 02, 2022
tobidipity:

Speaking out is a therapy on its own. You don't have to drop a comment if you've got nothing sensible to say you know
What’s the end goal of speaking out exactly? Is it not to find help from other people which comes as a result of human empathy?

Imagine, speaking out without accepting help is a form of therapy. Do you know how stupid that sounds?
It’s not the speaking out that helps, it’s the help that comes after it

You’re the senseless fellow here, not me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by tobidipity(m): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2022
iTroll:

What’s the end goal of speaking out exactly? Is it not to find help from other people which comes as a result of human empathy?

Imagine, speaking out without accepting help is a form of therapy. Do you know how stupid that sounds?
It’s not the speaking out that helps, it’s the help that comes after it

You’re the senseless fellow here, not me

Werey studies have shown that simply talking about our problems and sharing our negative emotions with someone we trust can be profoundly healing—reducing stress, strengthening our immune system, and reducing physical and emotional distress and not necessarily to seek help or sympathy

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by Truvelisback(m): 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2022
TheGidRedpiller:
The family doctor was around that morning and he caught me pulling hair strands out of my head. He called immediate attention to it and ever since i have been put all eyes on especially by my brother, i love him so much.

So far i have just been given a name of the problem, the psych doctors called it Trichotillomania a hair pulling disorder either triggered by emotional degradations like anxiety, depression, overthinking e.t.c or mere addiction, but of course i already figured out what caused mine even before the doctors would figure it out; Acute Paranoia.

Fvvck i didn't even know it had a name, talkless of it being worth so much medical attention, this is the reason i haven't posted in two days straight now though.
This problem has always been there by the way, i remember writing THE SAVE HIM PROJECT, you remember? I was writing with my right hand and the left hand was on my head, pulling...

Still Typing...
Bro, next time u want to create a sensitive thread like this, create another moniker for that. There are people who might be excited that u are going tru this.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by Truvelisback(m): 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
TheGidRedpiller:

Still Typing...
What the doctor said could be true. I perceive u are yet to get healed from ur past emotionally wounds and pains in ur heart. I would advice that u get rid of those hurtful past experience so as to get healed of those emotional wounds and pains u are harbouring in ur heart. What u need now is Love, sex, happiness and peace of the mind. A hot sex from a woman u love, would ease u from all these anxiety, depression, emotional stress, overthinking etc.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Mental illness is real .. cry
You need to see a therapist aiit.. smiley

Myself was thinking about you for a second tho..cos you are always on here to talk about us.. grin
I was like where is this guy that normally spew nonsense he has no idea about..

Good you are back..any update about women today? grin

Did you ask him if you are suffering form misogyny mental illness? cry
cheesy cheesy
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by Truvelisback(m): 12:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
TheGidRedpiller:

Still Typing...
It's still good u posted it with ur moniker. Atleast, it gave me a clue on how i could help u. ONE LOVE BRO.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
SmellySperm:

cheesy cheesy
Why are you smiling.. undecided
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by ghostboy: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
So you haven't still checked into a mental facility?

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by TheGidRedpiller(m): 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
Bro, next time u want to create a sensitive thread like this, create another moniker for that. There are people who might be excited that u are going tru this.
Let them be.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by TheGidRedpiller(m): 1:51pm On Feb 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
What the doctor said could be true. I perceive u are yet to get healed from ur past emotionally wounds and pains in ur heart. I would advice that u get rid of those hurtful past experience so as to get healed of those emotional wounds and pains u are harbouring in ur heart. What u need now is Love, sex, happiness and peace of the mind. A hot sex from a woman u love, would ease u from all these anxiety, depression, emotional stress, overthinking etc.
Sex? grin i get that stuff anytime i want it, its the cheapest thing around...although you did a good job there making it look expensive because its not with the RIGHT WOMAN?

I'm finding it hard to believe that shiit exists, all we have are women we can tolerate more than the others.

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by TheGidRedpiller(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
It's still good u posted it with ur moniker. Atleast, it gave me a clue on how i could help u. ONE LOVE BRO.
I'm not a coward.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by Truvelisback(m): 1:57pm On Feb 02, 2022
TheGidRedpiller:
Sex? grin i get that stuff anytime i want it, its the cheapest thing around...although you did a good job there making it look expensive because its not with the RIGHT WOMAN?

I'm finding it hard to believe that shiit exists, all we have are women we can tolerate more than the others.
Alright, it isn't just abt sex, it's abt love and Companionship.

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by EzegeNdiigbo: 2:01pm On Feb 02, 2022
Mahn i really like to have a convo with ya. ya can drop your email if you mind pls....

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by TheGidRedpiller(m): 2:07pm On Feb 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
Alright, it isn't just abt sex, it's abt love and Companionship.
I feel you brother, really i do, but love is not for me, neither do i see myself attaching myself to any female, i can't risk that shiit.

I get all the sex, when the time is right, i get a child, there's nothing else i see valuable in a woman. I'm sorry.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by TheGidRedpiller(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
EzegeNdiigbo:
Mahn i really like to have a convo with ya. ya can drop your email if you mind pls....
thegidredpiller@gmail.com
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by Truvelisback(m): 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2022
TheGidRedpiller:
I feel you brother, really i do, but love is not for me, neither do i see myself attaching myself to any female, i can't risk that shiit.

I get all the sex, when the time is right, i get a child, there's nothing else i see valuable in a woman. I'm sorry.
U would find one who truly loves u and u will definitely see the need.
Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by Lastpharoah33: 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
TheGidRedpiller:

Get well, Gid.

1 Like

Re: I Was Recently Diagnosed Of A Hair Pulling Mental Disorder. by Justice4Toto: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Omo so na mad man I dey listen to since
Chai .....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Became A Single Father After His Wife Left Him For A Younger... / How Long Have U Been Using Your Current Toothbrush / I Need Help To Save My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.