Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,735 members, 7,813,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? (24349 Views)

Should I Return This Money wrongfully credited to my account / Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. / We Can Hack Into Any Account, Even If Phone Is Locked - 31-Year-Old Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by lexy2014: 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
donbachi:
Return it to him at the CP's office.with details of what happened.make sure u collect ur shoes and 3k.na thunder fire dat one.

And u expect the CP to scold his officer in front of him? Be like say u never no police. How will get to CPs office in d first place?

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by rolams(m): 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
Report the scene to the commissioner of police with a good lawyer, file a case against him and make a video with the exhibit. Post it online and make it go viral. Keeping the phone with you or selling it is dangerous. The phone can be tracked and you may be termed robber, thief or other bad names and be locked up. Act fast now before it is too late. If them catch you, you go know say na 2 Nigeria dey. One for the poor and the other for the mouthed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by frankmoney(m): 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
Go with a lawyer to the CP office and report him , bad cops needs to be held accountable
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Havesomesense(m): 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

How are you sure that he is not making tactics to enable you cough off the #500,000. Returning it directly to him is like saying you trust Nigerian Police. Report the issue to the Police HQ rather than returning the phone. He might be setting a trap for you.

How can you report a thief to a gang of thieves, police are the same everywhere.
He will be extorted.

If I where him, I'll never return the phone.
I'll just dump it somewhere.

After 6months I will sell it.

Don't ever trust any police officer, they are all the same headquarters or boysquarters.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Spidermon: 7:21pm On Feb 02, 2022
Oxtertee:
I will advice you to return the phone but not to him directly, report the issue at a police division hq and ask him to be invited with ur own belongings. Coz police can be dubious and deadly as he may use the tracking device available to NPF to track his mobile and report it stolen to rope you in big way or track ur location and way laid you.

Play say bro. after devil, na NPF follow.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by JAMO4REAL1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
Anndrew:
which kind contradiction b this nah...if him return am,them go run am street..so make him return am...which of them,will u do if it was u...
I will take the phone to area commander and explain everything thing to him/her

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Havesomesense(m): 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
Good day Nairalanders, I need your advice.
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

What should I do guys? I'm confused.

Do not return the phone, you will regret it.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by makavellidon: 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
Return wetin that means u be good citizen of federal republic of mumu. Sell it
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by BuddhaPalm(m): 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
Just give him back without condition.

Don't play games with Satan.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by deflover(m): 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
oga sell the phone
dem no fit track am
sell the rubbish
him no get 50k to go mtn to track u
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by perdollar(m): 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2022
Throw dt phone into d lagoon
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Judolisco(m): 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:
I had an encounter with a police officer yesterday along Ibadan-Abeokuta road. I will keep it brief and concise.

I boarded a bus from Ibadan to Abeokuta yesterday afternoon. Somewhere around Odeda, our bus was stopped at a police check point. I was apprehended by the officer who asked me to unlock my phone for him. I did as instructed and next he called me a cyber criminal without any evidence to proof. He immediately demanded I paid him 500k or I will be arrested and detained. I told him I can give him only 5k because I had a very important thing to do and I wouldn't want him to waste any of my precious time. The officer agreed and eventually I gave him cash of 3k because he didn't accept transfer for obvious reasons.

Before he searched my phone, he seized my bag and a nylon containing my shoes and my iPhone usb cord.

I unfortunately missed my bus because of delay, so I needed to board another bus immediately, so the officer helped me to stop a bus. He then handed me my bag and nylon. I was so pissed off and tried to cool off my head with a short nap. On getting to Abeokuta, I checked if the contents of my bag and nylon was intact but to my greatest surprise, I found a big android phone belonging to the police officer inside the nylon instead of my shoe and usb. He had unfortunately giving me a wrong nylon containing his own phone.

I have the phone with me now and I'm sincerely not willing to give it back. He has been calling and I don't know if I should change my mind.

he can track the phone... Return it to d nearest police station... Make e track am go d station... No cause extra wahala for yourself
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Havesomesense(m): 7:25pm On Feb 02, 2022
frankmoney:
Go with a lawyer to the CP office and report him , bad cops needs to be held accountable

All of them are bad.

If you've had experience with the police, you will understand.

I have been kidnapped by some police officers before, they collected 100,000 from me.

My crime was moving at night.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by okoroemeka(m): 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
Xscape1993:
Just give it to him and leave him to his conscience bro.
similar thing happened to me in owerri,I stopped to ask a traffic warden sitting along the road for directions to futo the policeman simply arrested me for what I don't know,took me to shell camp and extorted #5k from me,the next day a heard strange noise coming from the car and opened to check and discovered a police walkie talkies inside the door storage compartment,the policeman has forgotten that in his haste and eagerness to extort me,I just threw the fucking thing away inside imo river while I was passing that day.let the extortionist buy another walkie talkie for the police,i don't care,do me I do you God no go vex.

3 Likes

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by 989900: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
BigYash:
Don't return it just like that.. If possible get a lawyer,and go to the CP's office.. Report and let them invite him.. The police man don nter one chance.. He will pay for all expenses you incurred..
Cux if u return it just like that.. Them go say you thief. Don't waste time o,cux he go don already report the case since..

Either the above, or request for his FB handle, add him with a fictitious FB handle, chat with him to implicate him, collect valuable collectable data from his phone, go to a secluded distant location you normally don't go; set fire to his phone along with the SIM and send the video to him via FB from a cyber cafe.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by streetsoldier1(m): 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
hotplay:

This is the only way he cant track you. Open the phone, sell the screen, battery and every other parts, throw away the board
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by psalmylee(m): 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
SportsHD:
angry
Those cops are bastards. Please don't return the phone. It's an Android phone, once you flash it and erase the information, it can't never be tracked. He used 3k to give away his phone.
Even iphone 13 wey we pay 40k for to track, the police couldn't track it, not to talk of useless android.

Just dump his sim into the nearest river or dusbin.

If you try and return it, he can rope you and arrest you. Person wey wan extort you for nothing before. He would now have all the power to arrest you if you dare return that phone.

He probably siezed it from an innocent who couldn't pay his bail on something the innocent didn't do.

Then, sell the phone off or you can start using it. You are safe.

By the way, check if he has a Facebook page, I'll dm you now. I need his Facebook name/details/contact information and where he stays.
Most of those bagas put that on their Facebook page.

Most of the people that are telling you to return it haven't been extorted by the police before, they don't know what it's like to be accused and robbed for something you didn't do.
guy , u burst my head abeg
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Bahamas95(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
Don't give him back the fvcking phone!

Pick the damn call and insult the hell outa his wretched life, make e pain am well well. If you don't know how to rain insults just look for any Yoruba, Bini or Agbor woman to help you with that task.

After the insults smash the phone on the ground or throw it into the septic tank.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Ofadaman(m): 7:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
Phones can be tracked by police.
First don't go to give him the phone, police are very mischievous he could lock you or worse ,never trust a police officer in Nigeria.then, you may not be sure the phone belongs to him, it could be a stolen phone that he plans to rope you into more trouble.

Pick the call, and tell him you're returning the phone, tell him to pick a location you'd be there tomorrow,but don't show up, switch phone off, next they apologize and give him location again, don't show up.

Then remove the sim card, destroy it and sell the phone. Lobatan
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by topoftheworld(m): 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2022
Oxtertee:
I will advice you to return the phone but not to him directly, report the issue at a police division hq and ask him to be invited with ur own belongings. Coz police can be dubious and deadly as he may use the tracking device available to NPF to track his mobile and report it stolen to rope you in big way or track ur location and way laid you.

Op pls take this advice!
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hisbah21:
hhh funny first. the police must be dumb. so he collected ur money and help you get another Bus. abeg sell the phone
yea but before he sell d phone he sud ask him to transfer 10k first. I hate Nigerian police wit passion angry
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Hoelujohn: 7:29pm On Feb 02, 2022
Easiest way to make money with peace of mind,remove the sim and throw away . Remove the screen,flex,charging port,infact all the parts and sell them.

1 Like

Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by bablon20(m): 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
This is a fabricated story, how on earth willnd policeman mistaken his nylon with yours, was he keeping his android phone in a nylon bag, the size of a nylon containing shoes and cord must obviously be heavier than a nylon containing just a phone. I don't find this story to be true.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Acehart: 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Take it to the divisional headquarters and make an effort to see one of the top ranking officers. You will be told what to do.
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Emmanuel30a: 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
The Fear Of God Is The Begining Of Wisdom. Why Not Ask Advice And Direction From God And Not Men? Men Can Fail You But God Wont
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by excomarow(m): 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Oxtertee:

Where you keep woman because even devil fear woman
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by Anndrew(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
JAMO4REAL1:
I will take the phone to area commander and explain everything thing to him/her
no quam..that is for u...for a police man to run me street,and it happen like this...the police man should kiss the phone gud bye...
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by lanocfoods: 7:35pm On Feb 02, 2022
The phone is your evidence of extortion, take it to the police station in your area and report what happened to a superior officer or more still send them a message on their twitter official handle and hear what they have to say, don't just return the phone like that and don't sell it either
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by udede(m): 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Bros there is no single reason on this world Why you should return that phone
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by ibechris(m): 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Google how not be caught or how not be tracked...
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by nextstep(m): 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Unless the usb contains sensitive data:

Me, I will just destroy the phone.
I won't use, nor sell it, nor even dash somebody because you don't want another person to be arrested for using the phone.
I certainly won't give it back... so he can arrest you again? Fsck the guy.

Report to the CP? With lawyer? Are you people Nigerian? You want him to spend more money on top the one he already lost to police? Plus possibility of detention? You know our police will find wetin no loss, talk say na you tif am?

That officer probably makes 20k off innocent travellers daily. The thief. angry
Re: A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? by domnwan(m): 7:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
Extort the idiot police officer by telling him to transfer you 10k for waybill and if he doesn't remove his sim card and flash the phone so as to sell it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kidnapper Evans: Nigerian IGP Shared Too Much With Public – Ghanaian Lawmaker / Anambra Police Parade 25 Suspected Cultists, Drug Peddlers, Bandits (Photos) / Man, 31 Sexually Assaults Boy, 11 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.