Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything (40917 Views)

"A Woman Isn't Supposed To Bring Anything To The Table" - American Man (Video) / Some Women Aren't Great In Bed / Men This Is What Women Bring To The Table. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by adecz: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
So, una think say, poosy alone
is enough abi❓

Na when elasticity finish & husband
decide to find elasticity outside you
go begin run from one prayer house
to the other, looking for solutions.

A woman with totally backward
orientation to life. I'm sure she was
brought up by a very lazy mother who
just awaits the husband for even
matches & maggi.. ☹️☹️☹️

Even before oyibo brought their
Adam and Eve story, our ancestral
women were very active on the farm
with babies tied on their back. They
tilled the soil, maintained the crops,
harvested, processed & cooked.☑️☑️☑️

2 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Workch: 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
The Adam and Eve story never happened to start with.
And yes, you got to bring something to the table else you become a intimacy gadget.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by confirm0(m): 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:

How is a traditional woman expecting her man to provide entitlement mentality?

Oga boss, make it make sense. undecided

If you people are going to be doing 'each other's roles' then you can't really say this role is meant for man/woman no more.

Nope, I was just generally stating that concerning the "entitlement mentality",

The division of other roles is based on priority, e.g which is the man's priority vs his wife's priority, remember even the well grown trained kids get to start supporting the home too on a priority level

Justy thouthts though
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Joseph08(m): 9:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
No wonder we have many unmarried ladies nowadays grin

No man wants a liability, if you don't gerrit forget abourrit.

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Nyascobar1414: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
toujurs:
I really pity these ladies, i feel so bad for their parents, especially ladies. You will see a lady, a grown ass lady her parents trained from creche to a second degree, desperately in search of a rich man who has just a waec or a first degree cert, what's then the essences of having a second degree. Since you would end up scouting for a rich man to rely on, If you see the way these ikoyi and victoria island boys bleeps girls, chai you go get heart attack cry if you have a girl child, these boys bleeps and dispose, what is even annoying me most is that, its their parents that made the money they are lavishing any how, the money is too much. So it doesn't make them check balance. Big boys riding benz, once these ladies see the fresh guy in his clean ride, they lost their senses and follow the guy to his house, she gets bleeped and disposed the next morning,its a turn by turn thing cry. Decent girls not runs, i don't know if its poverty or low self esteem that gas made these girls loosed their senses. These spoilt boys bangs them with no mercy, and dispose the next day. I'm really scared to even give birth to a girl, it's like women especially in Nigeria, don't have worth, Not all, but most don't have self worth.

No virgin, no marriage....
Simple!
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Ybaby: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Why is this money part paining you people??

Oga o.

It is paining him because he has no money and not ready to work for any money either...... when he closes his eyes to dream of his future he sees his wife paying his bills. grin grin grin
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by asanausana91: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
Most times I see men asking the question of what ladies bring to the table.

Seriously, we aren't created to bring, we are to process, the man is the provider, he will bring everything for us to process.

If u give us bring sperm, we give u babies
If u give us groceries, we have to give u food
If u give a house, we give u a home
Give us frustration, and trust me, i will surely multiply it and give u hell.

In the bible, Adam had everything and had dominions over it, the woman only came to help him harvest his raw materials.

When it comes to finance, Oga it is 100% ur responsibility, I could only assist when my husband isn't making much and he had future plans or if I earn better than he does.
U can't share financial burden with me and still expect me to cater for the children, wash, cook, clean all alone and still gather enough strength for ur wahala at night.
Bringing money is the only thing a man does, why on earth will u share that very one with me? When I object, u will call me a feminist, Oga masculnist, I will not share.
Every other responsibility in a home belongs to me, while financial responsibilities must be shared abi.
Note: sharing financial burden and helping are two different things.

Oya let the insults pour 123 go.
the question is: Are you married? If you are not married just go and marry and make sure you tell your future husband that you have nothing for the family except FCK.
Then if you marry come let's talk.
Ashawo part 2, go and watch that video.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Happinessabd: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
a woman will be glad to change roles with a man, can we say same for a man?
can u fvvvk me on top through out?
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by streetsoldier1(m): 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Kellzzyy:

There's zero sense there please.

People like the OP should be chained and flogged cos this is hate speech capable of robbing the young ones of their sanity and leading them on the wrong path.
Same goes to all these songs zazoo and the rest encouraging ritual and we are seeing the result these days, may God judge her if she is just catching cruise at the expense of the sanity of the young females in the society. Even the bible knows females have a role to play and called them help meet and not burden. Any tree that does not produce fruit should be cut down....
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by kiddkash(m): 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:

Seriously, we aren't created to bring, we are to process, the man is the provider, he will bring everything for us to process.

In the bible, Adam had everything and had dominions over it, the woman only came to help him harvest his raw materials.

When it comes to finance, Oga it is 100% ur responsibility, I could only assist when my husband isn't making much and he had future plans or if I earn better than he does.
U can't share financial burden with me and still expect me to cater for the children, wash, cook, clean all alone and still gather enough strength for ur wahala at night.
Bringing money is the only thing a man does, why on earth will u share that very one with me? When I object, u will call me a feminist, Oga masculnist, I will not share.
Every other responsibility in a home belongs to me, while financial responsibilities must be shared abi.

there is not insult from me. you are saying the truth, na slay queens and feminist spoil market
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by lookingfly: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Michelle70:
I think there is sense in what OP is saying
same women will be clamouring for house help when there man provides everything. That's when all they do bus watch Africa magic, paint nails and still want the man to wash he's own singlet. Night reach now, na to be lie down open leg de moan and shout harder..... nonsense!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Munzy14(m): 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
rickleye:
I'll be frank and not coy. You must be the dumbest woman on this forum.
However, my senses are also telling me that the nonsense you dropped is just to seek out attention.

You have no idea what feminist means - equal opportunity for male and female. To them there are no male only roles and female only roles in society. What a man can do , I can do better - My response - You CAN"T.

" we are not created to provide but to process " No feminist says this. This is where you lose your diatribe.
Then you quote the bible and mention Eve. Like she is the best example out there. Her husband gave her detailed instructions of what to do and not to do. Yet she couldn't keep and relay simple instructions.

You not subscribing women to bring anything is what makes women, illiterates - not being sent to school. if all they do is sit down at home waiting to be impregnated , or given money to make food , turn a house to a home.

I do not and will not be involved with a lady who doesn't think she can do more with her life than what you mentioned. She is to be a "helpmate" an assistant. Both contributing with their skills to the success of the union.

I can buy groceries and cook so why do I need you to process.
I can adopt a child or get one through surrogacy, so why do I need you to process.
I can stage a house and buy homely stuff, so why do I need you to process .
When I get frustrated, I will go see a therapist, so lady why do i need you to process?

I do more than " bring the money" and when I decide to settle down - She better do more than "process"

Anyways, If you want to escalate your backward thinking to a voice call , I may be available.
Ultimate finishing... grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by venabili: 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:

You are right. Its a man's choice if he prefers someone with you kind of outlook. For me, if you were the last woman on earth, i'll stay single.

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by JustforMen: 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:

No insult intended here but how can someone who brings NOTHING TO THE TABLE still insist on being an equal patner in an enterprise?

3 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by yanabasee(m): 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:
This is purely a traditional discussion and it is for you people to discuss. Those of you that subscribe (fully) to the ideals. I don't have a problem with it 'long as you're not trying to set is as a standard for every woman/man.

Actually, feminists believe in sharing (that is not along gender lines).
'Masculinists' believe in being the heads and providers.

So, it is not feminist to say a man is the provider and it is not 'masculinist' to say a woman must co-provide/'bring something to the table'.

Masculinists are your allies- or they are supposed to be. Y'all believe the same thing. So why are you attacking masculinists in your main OP; why are you attacking men who wants to provide??

You people should be getting your terms and conditions clear o. I don't know what feminism has to do with this.

You people are sha confusing everything and want to straddle all sides.

I read your first quote and I went back to read and never saw where the op me too Ed "feminist" and on your second comment (above comment) .. You're saying something about "attacks on masculinist...."

I don't think we're reading the same thing here.... Seems you're the one getting confused...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by BigBashiru: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:

That was under the partriarchy. We are no longer living in the partriarchy. You didnt go to school for nothing.... since you went to school, u hv to work else why did u go to school?

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by 22o62021: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
I really do not answer these kinda comments filled with indults but I'll answer urs.
First, I work and get paid, I have my own dreams, goals and aspirations. I dont need a man to give me food before I eat

People like Linda ikeji said the same thing

But at last, she went and stole a sperm just to have a baby.

Well Girls like you are good for Rituals

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Chuksyno(m): 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
A post like this reminds me the reason behind early deaths of some married men.

2 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by immortalcrown(m): 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:

When women want to turn men to house helps, women say no gender role. When men tell women to contribute money to prove there is no gender role, women misquote Bible in defense. Eve was created to be a helper to Adam. You must bring something to the table. Either you bring money or you bring strength and wisdom to keep home well. After all, na una dey shout gender equality. If you are not supposed to bring something to the table, it means the two genders are not equal.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Poopypants: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Michelle70:
I think there is sense in what OP is saying
there is zero sense there. A hike belongs to the woman and man , you bring whatever you can to the table.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by tollyboy5(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
I didn't say I won't bring, I said I won't share financial responsibilities as u people keep saying.

Both men and women have roles to play, helping is a thing but to share ur responsibilities while I carry my own burden all by myself? Hell no.
Even in govt, there is division of power.
Most men feel as long as they bring money, thats the ultimate but they forgot that there are other roles to play and they turn blind and deaf and allows the woman to bear all the burden.
I'm not seeing anything wrong in your statement tho.
Its man responsibility to provide. But someone like me might drastically drop provisions and carve my relationship with my children away from my wife.
I know i will never tolerate troublesome woman and still provide for her laiye.
If she comes with troubles, let her come with other advantages aside traditional responsibility.
Men like me don't tress ladies with house chores i do most things myself. And that's how my dad does his things.
He believes only him can do his things perfectly, those are the kind of provider women should not give anytrouble . Provider that also cook for the family

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Nyascobar1414: 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:
This one that Naija men are suddenly in support of the modern age and equality on this thread, watin dey happen? grin grin

See all them craftily trying to slip out of the headship role. Head don dey pain una? cheesy LMAO!

Feminist... You need a niggar that will b*ng that shii co*chie
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by BigBashiru: 9:35pm On Feb 02, 2022
rickleye:
I'll be frank and not coy. You must be the dumbest woman on this forum.
However, my senses are also telling me that the nonsense you dropped is just to seek out attention.

You have no idea what feminist means - equal opportunity for male and female. To them there are no male only roles and female only roles in society. What a man can do , I can do better - My response - You CAN"T.

" we are not created to provide but to process " No feminist says this. This is where you lose your diatribe.
Then you quote the bible and mention Eve. Like she is the best example out there. Her husband gave her detailed instructions of what to do and not to do. Yet she couldn't keep and relay simple instructions.

You not subscribing women to bring anything is what makes women, illiterates - not being sent to school. if all they do is sit down at home waiting to be impregnated , or given money to make food , turn a house to a home.

I do not and will not be involved with a lady who doesn't think she can do more with her life than what you mentioned. She is to be a "helpmate" an assistant. Both contributing with their skills to the success of the union.

I can buy groceries and cook so why do I need you to process.
I can adopt a child or get one through surrogacy, so why do I need you to process.
I can stage a house and buy homely stuff, so why do I need you to process .
When I get frustrated, I will go see a therapist, so lady why do i need you to process?

I do more than " bring the money" and when I decide to settle down - She better do more than "process"

Anyways, If you want to escalate your backward thinking to a voice call , I may be available.

Dont you know females quote the bible only when its convenient for them?,

5 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Maxxim: 9:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
See I don't have issues with women like this, my own is that show submission, take care of my kids and home, then be a good economists. I'll bring enough funds to run a business for you, you just have to show commitment and seriousness by keeping good record of your sales and good money managing skills, so we'll always have what to fall to when short in funds.
My life no hard

2 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:

When it comes to finance, Oga it is 100% ur responsibility[b], I could only assist when my husband isn't making much and he had future plans or if I earn better than he does.[/b]

Babe is 100% right... You are there to assist him period........... I don't why nairaland men are bashing you....
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by 12345baba(m): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
She makes sense to me
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Magnoliaa(f): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
maynia:
Men also want submissiveness, and if you can’t do all this especially the virgin partyou don’t deserve to have a traditional man. A traditional lady for a traditional man, you kneel down when serving me food and stay on your kneels till I’m done eating.

Uhhh. E ma wo ele yiii. Ko kan miii. grin grin Woz my bizzznessss?

A traditional woman wants a providing (sole) man; a traditional man wants a submissive fertile virgin.

Make una too hold una sef naaaa. No be watin I dey tok since? Whether the scale balance or e no balance is not the concern of a dada on my head.

I only came here to play a devil's advocate ni ooo. Mo slippery baje. Don't try to pin me anywhere or in any corner. cheesy

I tell you say I dey find traditional man? LOLZZZZZ. And I've said everybody is a cherrypicker when it comes to these things. Oin.

So now, if you think you're not a cherrypicker, will you kindly tell me why some of your gender (or you sef) are getting mad at this post? Whyy?

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by fof1: 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:

Pls that assumption is False. It is a Very Fat Lie. No Need for INSULTS... Women and Men are Partners in the Same Boat. It may not be on Equal Terms but there are obvious Liabilities on both sides,Pls. Do not use the Adam SCENARIO at All. God Showed how Prepared we should be before going into this institution he Created. Remember, this is d First Time onset of Marriage. In our Current Dispensation, things have to be Properly situated in Context,Pls. Even d Wife can be Richer than the Man...but must remain Humble and Focused to the Marriage Vow. There must be no Exploitation on either sides at any given time. God Bless us All.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by computer750(m): 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
[quote author=Princess80 post=109890814]Most times I see men asking the question of what ladies bring to the table.

So nah Adam of then life you dey like use with your husband nah
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by RepoMan007: 9:37pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:

In bible was there washing machine to assist housewives or iPhone, Dstv subscription?
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by LINTUNE(m): 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Okay, whatever. I think it should be clear I really do not give a damn with y'all 'traditional' beliefs at this point. undecided

I was clearly the one who mentioned how everybody cherrypicks the part of their beliefs' system that suits them.

Be a traditional man too na. If the government coman draft you for war, don't come crying to feminists to do something. Don't insult baby mamas as their pregnancies, in the 'African' way, are true proofs of their fertility.

Fine, if you don't mind your babe sleeping with your friends when they come visiting. Enjoyment, yeah. And when you kpai and go to the world beyond, your rich king and elder brother can take over your wife and family. Perfecto!

Noooooo. You must be shitting me right now. grin grin grin Whatt daaa'. I know say you go try twist am. Like I know. I am not the object/subject of anything here. tongue I asked a simple direct question: can you share in her burdens, including pregnancy, breast-feeding, cleaning poopoo and catarrh, running halter-neck, skirter, and belt when the kids fall sick? :DRaise them through teenagehood, go for PTA meetings, wash everybody's clothes, iron them, cook 24/7, sweep the whole house, build the home, be a Rock of Gibraltar spiritually, psychologically, in facttt, do eeeeeverything women do, IF YOU WANT HER TO SHARE IN YOUR BURDEN?

Wahala o ti e si. Ko le. If you want her to share burdens with you, share burdens with her. Ko ju bee lo.
just shut up already, it's women like u that will work and give all their salaries to their husbands every month ending, everyone just come online to show their fake sides,hypocrites everywhere, preaching what they themselves cannot practice...women like u will end up being more submissive and behaving as a zombie even to a woman beater,yes I know what I'm saying.....cardi B came online with all those stupid feminist rants,but just observe how submissive she is to her husband, a typical public penis of a man,but she will come online to tell u gullibles single ones not to take shit from any man, lol.....see eh,say what u want online,cos reality will always set in once u go offline.

2 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Dybala11(m): 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:

If you drag feminists here, you'll here it from me. She didn't call herself a feminist, I said she's not a feminist and she hasn't disagreed with me.

Abeg, abeg, as the public relations office of Feminism Nigeria Chapter, on this one ooo, this topic and poster - I am saying it has nothing to do with feminism.

She's a true traditional woman that wants a traditional man like y'all. Na your person. Hold am.
And who told you that I don't subscribe to feminism??
I'm just telling you that most of the ladies I've seen only believe in selective feminism when it suits their agenda/convenience. You're starting to sound like one of them sef. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? / How Many Boyfriends Can A Nigerian Girl Have? - Video / Man Places Curse On His Girlfriend For Dumping Him, Shares Pic Of Them Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.