Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything (41026 Views)

"A Woman Isn't Supposed To Bring Anything To The Table" - American Man (Video) / Some Women Aren't Great In Bed / Men This Is What Women Bring To The Table. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by ekerintee: 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
You have done well . unfortunately they won't see this part of the bible

Toks2008:

God forbid i meet a woman with this your mindset.

The scriptures have made it clear that virtuous women are scarce.

Proverbs 31: 10-31

10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.

14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.

15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.

16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.

19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.

24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.

27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.

29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Akuruoulo(m): 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2022
Michelle70:
I think there is sense in what OP is saying
Then go for check up. Are u gals nt the ones that will always shout " this is 21century " ? Abi u think u are still in 19th century ?
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Akuruoulo(m): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
a woman will be glad to change roles with a man, can we say same for a man?
I AM SURE U AREN'T ONE OF THOSE WOMEN
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by NNEVERAGAINN: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
I really do not answer these kinda comments filled with indults but I'll answer urs.
First, I work and get paid, I have my own dreams, goals and aspirations. I dont need a man to give me food before I eat
You're yet unmarried. Or your man brought this topic before you and then you realize the Bible said this and that grin grin grin ... Face your problem and go on a dialogue, stop being stingy.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by dododawa1: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2022
I don't even read it, because it will be TRACH.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by TheKingsmann(m): 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
elantraceey:
And truthfully, bringing money is actually the easiest job in a home.
Elephant-traceey has spoken undecided angry
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by orgasm123: 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2022
great site, Nigerians don dey full the site
AJ0197: I hardly help people broadcast but I think the forum is great

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by ablejesus26(m): 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
cozy7:
Inasmuch as I'll like to attack u, I hv to admit your right..... Only if d woman can really do her own part (as u allocated it above). But when she can't do her part n still can't bring money, then she becomes "a burden"

The Op is misappropriating everything �
She would be right if we are to judge by the ways of fathers ran their home.
But in this age and time, someone should help me remind op that a woman who is not backward and dwarf minded will never want to stay home full time,they want to go out there and hustle,bcus you never can tell what tomorrow brings.
Stay in the house and depend full time on your husband when shit happens and separation and divorce set in,then reality will dawn on op that she is not just a wife but also a human being so she should hustle for tomorrow too.
I told my wife to stay home full time,she stopped her work,but after 4 years she gave me hell until I opened a business for her.
Op when a real man asks you to bring something to the table,it's not just materialistic things.
I want you to bring in ideas on how we can build a financial empire for our kids.
I want you to be able to charge my thinking faculty and voltage me to do better.

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2022
rickleye:
I'll be frank and not coy. You must be the dumbest woman on this forum.
However, my senses are also telling me that the nonsense you dropped is just to seek out attention.

You have no idea what feminist means - equal opportunity for male and female. To them there are no male only roles and female only roles in society. What a man can do , I can do better - My response - You CAN"T.

" we are not created to provide but to process " No feminist says this. This is where you lose your diatribe.
Then you quote the bible and mention Eve. Like she is the best example out there. Her husband gave her detailed instructions of what to do and not to do. Yet she couldn't keep and relay simple instructions.

You not subscribing women to bring anything is what makes women, illiterates - not being sent to school. if all they do is sit down at home waiting to be impregnated , or given money to make food , turn a house to a home.

I do not and will not be involved with a lady who doesn't think she can do more with her life than what you mentioned. She is to be a "helpmate" an assistant. Both contributing with their skills to the success of the union.

I can buy groceries and cook so why do I need you to process.
I can adopt a child or get one through surrogacy, so why do I need you to process.
I can stage a house and buy homely stuff, so why do I need you to process .
When I get frustrated, I will go see a therapist, so lady why do i need you to process?

I do more than " bring the money" and when I decide to settle down - She better do more than "process"

Anyways, If you want to escalate your backward thinking to a voice call , I may be available.
When you get the surrogate will you not pay her? Or is surrogacy free? Then you do it 2-3x how much will it cost you? But you’ll marry a woman and expect her to pay 50% of the bills while you use her body as a free surrogate.
When you buy the food won’t you cook it? But when you want a special meal you’ll still go to a restaurant and pay to be fed the same quality of food a wife would have cooked for you.
One way or the other you will pay, wether in marriage or out of it you will pay. If you don’t pay it in your home you will pay it out of your home.

No woman will sit at home all day being unproductive , but no man should think his only job is to provide 50% of the money either but expects to be treated like a Lord.

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Johnsown1(m): 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Since you expect her to share burdens with you, you won't also be the only one bringing the money. smiley

No problem as long as you can share (in) each other's duties.

Marrying a house wife is not in my dictionary, so that bills will not kill me before my time and I can help her in the kitchen every week. She won't be cooking Everytime na, maybe once in two weeks
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by olinx: 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
This is what happens when a 12 year old have access to phone and data
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by AmadorSays: 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2022
Na dem be this, entitlement queens lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by TheKingsmann(m): 10:21pm On Feb 02, 2022
Enny2013:
D generation of d 'BROKEs' are coming for u. Broke guys won't lyk a thread lyk dis. BROKE guys are d most insultive n venomous on dis forum.Their BROKE states come wt angers,frustrations n transfer of aggressions.
Wait re u rich? if u aren't rich u don't have the right to call people broke

See as u be like scarecrow undecided
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Akuruoulo(m): 10:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:

The lady is saying she's a traditional woman and a man is the provider and she's a multiplier of whatever you bring, someone that runs the home. Why exactly are you people disagreeing with her?? undecided undecided You're not the heads no more?
U ARE THE ONE CHANGING HER NARRATIVES MADAM .

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Magnoliaa(f): 10:22pm On Feb 02, 2022
Akuruoulo:
U ARE THE ONE CHANGING HER NARRATIVES MADAM.

OK, DEER. smiley smiley smiley smiley

Johnsown1:
Marrying a house wife is not in my dictionary, so that bills will not kill me before my time and I can help her in the kitchen every week. She won't be cooking Everytime na, maybe once in two weeks

No problem.

2 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Basiljoe: 10:26pm On Feb 02, 2022
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Reasonwithme2(m): 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
I agree with the OP. Most of all these men saying they want a woman who brings something to the table or share responsibility 50/50, and yet they will be controlling her and telling her what to do and don't do, they forget that once a woman does that (brings something to the table), it revokes you from being the head of the house, you can't make any decision without the approval of your wife. Most of them aren't submissive

Women are built to feel the needfulness of men. And loyalty and submission comes with that as long as you are needful. If they can offer something that you can offer, the loyalty and submission won't be there...
People here quoting white kind of lifestyle and marriage, they don't know that their divorce rate is higher than what we have here. Those men who share responsibilities with the women are the so called SIMP and TAMED DOG who can't even bark anymore.

3 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2022
Abfinest007:
I'm broke but not like ur f
that’s how pained you are? grin grin
E pain you sha grin grin
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Mrsserene: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
Most times I see men asking the question of what ladies bring to the table.

Seriously, we aren't created to bring, we are to process, the man is the provider, he will bring everything for us to process.

If u give us bring sperm, we give u babies
If u give us groceries, we have to give u food
If u give a house, we give u a home
Give us frustration, and trust me, i will surely multiply it and give u hell.

In the bible, Adam had everything and had dominions over it, the woman only came to help him harvest his raw materials.

When it comes to finance, Oga it is 100% ur responsibility, I could only assist when my husband isn't making much and he had future plans or if I earn better than he does.
U can't share financial burden with me and still expect me to cater for the children, wash, cook, clean all alone and still gather enough strength for ur wahala at night.
Bringing money is the only thing a man does, why on earth will u share that very one with me? When I object, u will call me a feminist, Oga masculnist, I will not share.
Every other responsibility in a home belongs to me, while financial responsibilities must be shared abi.
Note: sharing financial burden and helping are two different things.

Oya let the insults pour 123 go.
If a man can't help with pregnancy and childbirth, a woman shouldn't help with finances. Let everyone handle his stress angry
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Enny2013(f): 10:30pm On Feb 02, 2022
TheKingsmann:
Wait re u rich? if u aren't rich u don't have the right to call people broke

See as u be like scarecrow undecided

Tenk u,sir...
At least, No one even know wot u look lyk.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by IkemChris(m): 10:33pm On Feb 02, 2022
Rubbish... It's my wife that brought the opportunity for me to travel out.... Stay here dey talk rubbish
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Akuruoulo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2022
Magnoliaa:
This one that Naija men are suddenly in support of the modern age and equality on this thread, watin dey happen? grin grin

See all them craftily trying to slip out of the headship role. Head don dey pain una? cheesy LMAO!
I HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD OF A TRUE FEMINISTS BEFORE. THEY ALL PREACH WHAT THEY DON'T/CAN'T. FEMINISH WANT EQUAL RIGHT BUT NEVER EQUAL RESPONSIBILITY/JUDGEMENT . FEMINISTS IS AN AGENDA FROM THE PIT OF HELL
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by kaycshine(f): 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2022
[quote author=tunwumi post=109905339]
It is only a prostitute that thinks like this.

It's only you are gay or a broke ass nigga who can't see any worth in a woman, be responsible and take care of a woman. There's a level you will attend to in life you will never ask a woman what she can bring to the table because all your heart desires will be to take care of her . That's the pride of a real man but I guess you are still a boy perhaps still eating mama thank you.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by ityP(m): 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2022
LINTUNE:
just shut up already, it's women like u that will work and give all their salaries to their husbands every month ending, everyone just come online to show their fake sides,hypocrites everywhere, preaching what they themselves cannot practice...women like u will end up being more submissive and behaving as a zombie even to a woman beater,yes I know what I'm saying.....cardi B came online with all those stupid feminist rant,but just observe how submissive she is to her husband, a typical publication penis of a man,but she will come online to tell u gullibles single ones not to take shit from any man, lol.....see eh,say what u want online,cos reality will always set in once u go offline.

Lol. No be today o bro. Na their way. Take anything you see on social media with a pinch of salt. People dey live fake lives well

2 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Myer(m): 10:38pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
Most times I see men asking the question of what ladies bring to the table.

Seriously, we aren't created to bring, we are to process, the man is the provider, he will bring everything for us to process.

If u give us bring sperm, we give u babies
If u give us groceries, we have to give u food
If u give a house, we give u a home
Give us frustration, and trust me, i will surely multiply it and give u hell.

In the bible, Adam had everything and had dominions over it, the woman only came to help him harvest his raw materials.

When it comes to finance, Oga it is 100% ur responsibility, I could only assist when my husband isn't making much and he had future plans or if I earn better than he does.
U can't share financial burden with me and still expect me to cater for the children, wash, cook, clean all alone and still gather enough strength for ur wahala at night.
Bringing money is the only thing a man does, why on earth will u share that very one with me? When I object, u will call me a feminist, Oga masculnist, I will not share.
Every other responsibility in a home belongs to me, while financial responsibilities must be shared abi.
Note: sharing financial burden and helping are two different things.

Oya let the insults pour 123 go.

I think to start to measure your error would require a whole new thread so I'll just point out the obvous;

1. You erred from your very title" ... women arent supposed to bring anything."

This is an insult to women who bring ideas, advice, finance, repackaging of their husbands, children and even sex to the table.

So clearly a woman brings many things to the table.

Suffice to say your intention was that women should not have to bring finance to the table, right?

Even this is subjective, depending on the parties in the relationship and their mutual understanding.
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by dkickz: 10:40pm On Feb 02, 2022
rickleye:
I'll be frank and not coy. You must be the dumbest woman on this forum.
However, my senses are also telling me that the nonsense you dropped is just to seek out attention.

You have no idea what feminist means - equal opportunity for male and female. To them there are no male only roles and female only roles in society. What a man can do , I can do better - My response - You CAN"T.

" we are not created to provide but to process " No feminist says this. This is where you lose your diatribe.
Then you quote the bible and mention Eve. Like she is the best example out there. Her husband gave her detailed instructions of what to do and not to do. Yet she couldn't keep and relay simple instructions.

You not subscribing women to bring anything is what makes women, illiterates - not being sent to school. if all they do is sit down at home waiting to be impregnated , or given money to make food , turn a house to a home.

I do not and will not be involved with a lady who doesn't think she can do more with her life than what you mentioned. She is to be a "helpmate" an assistant. Both contributing with their skills to the success of the union.

I can buy groceries and cook so why do I need you to process.
I can adopt a child or get one through surrogacy, so why do I need you to process.
I can stage a house and buy homely stuff, so why do I need you to process .
When I get frustrated, I will go see a therapist, so lady why do i need you to process?

I do more than " bring the money" and when I decide to settle down - She better do more than "process"

Anyways, If you want to escalate your backward thinking to a voice call , I may be available.

You are indeed one of the astute individuals this forum is lucky to have as your analysis is unparalled and void of sentiments but facts.
Please do well to respond to my mail. It'd be nice associating with brilliant minds like you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by donhils: 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
Princess80:
I really do not answer these kinda comments filled with indults but I'll answer urs.
First, I work and get paid, I have my own dreams, goals and aspirations. I dont need a man to give me food before I eat
So when you're married and you're still earning your money, your husband will bring all the monies needed at home, right? Then your own money, what would it be for?
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by rickleye: 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2022
AdaNri1:
When you get the surrogate will you not pay her? Or is surrogacy free? Then you do it 2-3x how much will it cost you? But you’ll marry a woman and expect her to pay 50% of the bills while you use her body as a free surrogate.
When you buy the food won’t you cook it? But when you want a special meal you’ll still go to a restaurant and pay to be fed the same quality of food a wife would have cooked for you.
One way or the other you will pay, wether in marriage or out of it you will pay. If you don’t pay it in your home you will pay it out of your home.

No woman will sit at home all day being unproductive , but no man should think his only job is to provide 50% of the money either but expects to be treated like a Lord.

Madam Ada - But thats not what the OP is saying.
I am simply saying, I don't want the traditional wife who just goes to college get a BSc and plans only just to "Process" what I "provide". Like I am some magical unicorn that just provides and she just " processes"
I am not saying I wont provide, far from it but it must be joint or close 50/50 . The areas of provision may differ , let me give you an example with my live in gf.
I have an excel sheet which details our expenses
So rent for example 2.5M I contributed 60% she pays 40%
Food I pay 100%
Misc She pays 100%
Cars I contributed 70% she 30% . If we split we keep are separate vehicles
Outings We contribute to a savings account - Joint 2 signatory
Kids We contribute to a savings account
etc
The rational behind this - I wont spend what I dont have and It makes her feel like she is contributor to the success of the union . A co-owner. I have seen men work their ass of to provide for family all alone. He gets sick and dies and the woman's life is ruin - because she was just a processor and not both. Women can both provide and process.

3 Likes

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by hairyman(m): 10:43pm On Feb 02, 2022
Men marry a smart woman. Make that a priority.
In simple terms, never marry a young lady with the OP's mentality.

The reason is simple, there are times when you won't be financially stable. When that times comes or when you start off your marriage in such a time, you certainly don't need someone like the OP.

Here comes in a smart woman who simply brings in the proverbial 50% (proverbial because the probability of a woman contributing 50% of a homes finances is low).

This implies, of course, that you be smart too. Smart women aren't likely to be attracted to people of low intelligence. So if you were actually calling the OP names, you are quite likely to end up with a lady of OP's mentality.
Name calling certainly isn't smart.

Now my man, don't misunderstand me. Na play we dey play. You understand?
But there is truth in jokes too. You understand?

Which brings me to my last point.
Gentleman, assuming we are all gentlemen here. When you have achieved financial stability, PAY EVERY DIME OF THE BILLS....or nearly every dime. Research has shown that it makes for a happier home and a longer marriage.
And smart people look up what science has to say about important things...like marriage for instance. You understand?
And this research was carried out in first world countries.
I know you knew that, of course Africa has no data of anything.
The information being even do me one kind: So after all the gra gra, women in developed countries prefer more traditional men and marriages last longer when they are more traditional with the man as the provider and the woman as the home maker.

So my guy, the thing is scientific, when you can, pay all the bills or nearly all the bills.

But heed my advice, marry a smart woman...and thank me later

P.S I agree with the instance given in the reply just before mine; assuming you die, assuming your wife has the processor mentality, kasala has stylishly busted...no, make it seriously.
The processor won't get any input to process. And there goes up, in such colorfully abhorrent flames, all the nice life and plans of your surviving family.

PPS. See, this thing is probably genetic. Even if you the man split the house chores and do your part, just so your lady wife can feel good about paying bills, she is likely not going to be very happy about it. Given the choice, she will likely prefer a man who will pay the bills.
Bills are just too much work for women, they just hate them. You see? The thing pass further maths.
Unless you be maths wizard, just pay the bills once you can.

To give you an idea, assuming you are doing well and paying the bills. Then your wife starts doing well enough that her earnings can improve your family's quality of life significantly. You would expect that she will happily do that right? Singing kumbaya with you and having more fun?
Whosai, na kasala dey most likely to burst.
I was wondering if all these researchers dey craze self, dem just Siddon dey manufacture all these yarn?

PPPS Everybody should calm down. Ladies, find that your husband first, as marriageable man scarce like this una head just dey hot dey go when I keep thinking that it should be cooling down.
And men, marry that woman first, you won't be told to work your ass off and pay up so long as you can. The thing works like magic

1 Like

Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by ityP(m): 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
AdaNri1:

Women should start marrying men cool
Re: Don't ask What We Bring To The Table, Women Aren't Suppose To Bring Anything by Quest05: 10:44pm On Feb 02, 2022
I reli support you on dis. Women are helpers since from creation as seen in the Bible. When God sent Adam and eve out of the garden , Adams punishment was to til the ground be4 he gets food. God for don say both of dem will til soil. Her punishment was pain during child bearing

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dumps Girlfriend Who Tattooed His Face On Her Arm / Identical Twin Sisters Marry Identical Twin Brothers (pics) / Ladies, How Do You Decline Giving Guys Your Contact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.