Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. (22024 Views)

Help : Zenith Bank Refused To Recall Erroneous Transfer To Opay / First Bank Stress. Must I Bear The Cost Of Erroneous Credit To My Account? / EFCC Arraigns Polaris Bank Official For N12.6m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by tolakadupe(f): 8:16am On Feb 04, 2022
Antoeni:
List of 5 worst Governors in Nigeria

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Will Top it Whether in Ascending or Descending Order.
please add that the man from Ogun State. Doing the most unnecessary things while leaving the important ones
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by jahlove4jah: 8:16am On Feb 04, 2022
Fibonacci88:
Go and get a court order if u want ur money transferred back without recourse to the initial beneficiary. U don't expect d bank to just debit someone else acc just because u made an erroneous transfer. The best they can do is lien d acc and contact the customer. I have been I this situation and that what d bank did for me. U lucky it's an internal transfer sef.
This is exactly the only way you van get your money without any involvement with the receipent of the fund.

The only thing the bank can do for you is to contact the account owner and beg him to transfer the money by himself..

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by alphaconde(m): 8:16am On Feb 04, 2022
v
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by MufasaLion: 8:17am On Feb 04, 2022
Righteousness2:
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.

I hope you have same issue or bigger issue! Yousr likes learn the hard way. Pathetic individual!
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by frankmoney(m): 8:17am On Feb 04, 2022
sunshine1974:
The bank official is right, no bank will just debit another customer without consent. That is the reason why he said you should pray.

The other way is to get a court order. Without a court order, you will have to wait till the person signs a consensual agreement to refund the money.

If not people will abuse it na, you can make a payment to me after buying something and later go to bank to say the transfer was an error.
makes sense

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by pcagbaji(m): 8:18am On Feb 04, 2022
Just go to court Manistee or high court and obtain enrollment of order
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by badoh(m): 8:19am On Feb 04, 2022
Babalakin:
send them an email and tell them if nothing is done within 3 days you will contact the consumer protection department of CBN.. they will sharply send you your money. That's the trick grin
Some of you just think everything is about sending mail to CPD of CBN for resolution. In this instance, it's either he gets a court order mandating the Bank to reverse the sum without recourse to the Account holder or the Bank can also get in touch with the Account holder by getting his written consent to reverse the sum.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:20am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:
Good afternoon comrades. Please, forgive me if I am in the wrong section.

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k
You expect the bank to intrude into someone's bank account and withdraw the money you mistakenly put into that account.
You have to Pray and fast.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Prettychild(f): 8:21am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k
Hire a lawyer to help you get your money back

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by gboyetade: 8:21am On Feb 04, 2022
Sorry is your case. The lien is temporary except you get a court order.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by stanleyravos: 8:22am On Feb 04, 2022
Just go and get a court order, serve the bank you will get your money! Mind you the court will take 10% of the said amount

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by funshint(m): 8:23am On Feb 04, 2022
What happens to bank calling the customer to explain to him what happened? Wouldn't that make things faster.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by illicit(m): 8:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Prettychild:

Hire a lawyer to help you get your money back

Lol ontop 30k

How much will lawyer collect

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 8:24am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

Since it's just 30k forget am then... you still dey form porsch... continue

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by kaelz(m): 8:25am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

When the customer care person asked you to pray, they mean that the owner have absconded the account and he might not use the account but if the person has a linked BVN to the account, your money can be recovered.
Just Pray, it solves situations �

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by BewareOf419: 8:25am On Feb 04, 2022
Op, I have this song for you:

Prayer is the key
Prayer is the key
Prayer is the master key
Jesus started with prayer
And ended with prayer
Prayer is the master key

4 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by worldclass68(m): 8:26am On Feb 04, 2022
Babalakin:
send them an email and tell them if nothing is done within 3 days you will contact the consumer protection department of CBN.. they will sharply send you your money. That's the trick grin

He has to wait for the person at the other end to visit the bank...

Look at it this way..
What if the op is actually lying ( didn't say he's lying, just setting an example) and he actually paid for a service rendered by the the person at the other end, but wasn't satisfied or something later happened, so hes looking for way to have his money back, and the bank listened to OP and they reversed the money bank without hearing the side of story from the end to confirm the OP story?? Just like that??
Even if nah scam case, the bank would still contact the person at the other end...
Only thing is for u to persuade the bank to make contact with the said account owner, since they have their customers informations..

So OP....wait!!! Gaskiya

3 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by LegacyB: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2022
Op I believe ure very funny and ungrateful. U got the best advise, yet you sought to make mockery of it. So u expect someone else to pay for your mistake? Common you can do better.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by JustPowerApps(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2022
It happened here too last month, 3rd of January. Someone tried swindle me for a tshirt delivery. I reached out to my bank to dispute my transfer to the person's account and not only did they block the account I transferred to, they removed the money from the recipient account cause I got a call from the guy begging me later. He claimed his account have been blocked and my money returned.

That I should pls release my hold on the account since I already have my money back. Till date, the bank never returned the money back to my account.

The last call I had with their customer representative. She hung up on me. I visited their branch close to me like 5times and they keep saying it is under processing and will be returned soon. The money nah 7k and it didn't pain me but what if it was more than that what if it was 70, what if it was 700. That is how my money would have been lost without a trace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Montaque(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2022
They told you the truth. If you don't want to pray for a willing refund, you take the matter to court and get an order, and that is not a walk in the park. I have helped people get an order and it's always better that the other party refunds the money on his own. So go and pray, except you want to sue.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2022
Latidoh1:
As you have said "it's just 30k". You can aswell "just forget it"
God bless you for this ... he still dey form ontop

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2022
flyca:

Assuming this is true...
They should have explained this to him in the bank and ease him, not “go and pray”.
He should go pray the person comes to bank... if not nothing dey happen... it's his fault na...
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by advanceDNA: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

Just move your money back?? You are funny..
That’s not how it works...
you may be lying
You may pay the money and decide you don’t want pay again??
Since you did the transfer on your own and not in the bank...the best they can do for you is get the customer’s consent to be sure your story is true before moving the cash

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by AdeMoss: 8:29am On Feb 04, 2022
A complaint to CBN will not override policy. You need the customer's consent to reverse "erroneous" transfer OR a court order.

Babalakin:

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 8:30am On Feb 04, 2022
freshalien:
See why I say Nigeria is a useless country?Abroad, they would transfer that money sharp sharp back to your account. As long as they confirm you made the initial “erroneous” transfer. In fact right there in your presence as you stand in front of the bank staff, your money would be back in your account. But in the insignificant country called Nigeria, the bank official would tell the customer to pray. You see how religion has eaten the brains of Nigerians, that they can’t think for themselves if their god does not intervene. Smh!
You no pass to go you dey talk wetin you no sabi ... shift abeg... oyinbo dey play with money ... see this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by KB9ice(m): 8:30am On Feb 04, 2022
Antoeni:
List of 5 worst Governors in Nigeria

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Will Top it Whether in Ascending or Descending Order.
Pls add sani lolo of niger state his performance is below average.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 04, 2022
Why must everything be difficult in our country,
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by fattprince(m): 8:32am On Feb 04, 2022
MufasaLion:
This country is a big joke and religion has done it's worse also. How could a trained bank official utter such disgusting and unprofessional statement to a customer?

If the U.S. had relied on prayer and not create FBI, Hushspuppi and other fraudsters would still be living large by now as free individuals.

This country is shit!
Hope you know at one time the US are believed to always say "God bless America"?

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 8:32am On Feb 04, 2022
EmekaMD:
You should understand this.
The bank has no right to move out the money without the consent of the receiving account holder. Be it erroneous or not.
How do you think the bank can confirm that the payment was erroneous if the other party did not confirm such? What if you made a payment for a good or service you have received but then dubiously went to claim your payment back after receiving ur goods?

Be patient and "pray" like you're told.
The receiving account owner can claim the payment was made for a good or service he offered you and all the bank can do is advise you to seek a legal help. Nothing more
Smiles... and one person said here abroad go return money sharp sharp... I just laugh wan fall down... very good explanation here though...

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:32am On Feb 04, 2022
That's an indirect statement. They are simply trying to tell you not to hope too much cos it's always very difficult to retrieve such money. Only a miracle can make that happen.
On a personal note, why do financial institutions follow due process when it comes to customers' problems but don't do that when it's related to them.
If it was the bank that made a erroneous transfer to a person, they will quickly retrieve it before the person even notice. But since it's individual to individual, they are making it look like it's impossible

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by sigiyaya112: 8:33am On Feb 04, 2022
Righteousness2:
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.
You are such a shameless idiot and you are demonic, mentally sick people like you should be isolated from the rest of the society so that foolishness would not be multiplying rapidly. Finally my heart goes to people around you especially your children because with the high level of crude stupidity in you i fear those kids will be destroyed without remedy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by cardoctor(m): 8:33am On Feb 04, 2022
They know what theyare doing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Billboard Advertisement Rate In Lagos & Ogun State? / Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy / Naira Hits All-Time Low Of ₦1,152/$1 In Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.