Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. (22001 Views)

Help : Zenith Bank Refused To Recall Erroneous Transfer To Opay / First Bank Stress. Must I Bear The Cost Of Erroneous Credit To My Account? / EFCC Arraigns Polaris Bank Official For N12.6m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by tivta(m): 11:09am On Feb 04, 2022
Guys i almost have the same issue, i transferred 10k from my ecobank to my account in wema bank. It says successful my account was debited but i got no debit text and the money is not reflecting in my wema account.
What do I do?
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by MufasaLion: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2022
yaki84:

What this means is that the KYC form will fill ia just another of those long administrative path that leads nowhere.
Can't banks call the customer involve since it's intra-bank issue??

Well, I believe they have their rules but if the rules and regulations are aiding fraud, then it's high time it gets reviewed.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by kachistone: 11:25am On Feb 04, 2022
sexyking1:
your case and his aint the same. If they temper the customers acc without his permission, he will sue the bank

Baba, I know it is not the same but the bank doesn't need to tell him to pray concerning it. Let him send a mail to them explaining what happened so he can get a CRM and a date for it to be resolved.

Once it is done, he should escalate it to CBN once the date for the resolution has passed.

A person can make a mistake and send money to another account and I know there are ways to resolve it.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Zino1011(m): 11:27am On Feb 04, 2022
yusluvad:
See ignorance, the bank will never touch that money...
the only ignorant person here is you.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by yusluvad(m): 11:40am On Feb 04, 2022
Zino1011:
the only ignorant person here is you.
grin grin grin
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Ashirioluwa: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2022
You account will not be credited until they talk to the owner of the account to confirm or verify your claim. The bank will have to talk to the owner of the account before they can credit you back the cash.

The truth is that you won’t get the cash if they unable to talk to and verify from the owner of the account.

Bank cannot transfer money from a customer’s account without verification. They will ask him / her question about the transfer. You won’t get the money if he / she claims that he was actually expecting the cash transfer from you.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Abd15978(m): 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2022
kindly request to call back ur transaction through police report. your money wil be reverse in 3 days
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Mrphylor09: 12:06pm On Feb 04, 2022
Pray ke ??

There should be a policy that will make a sender reverse a transaction if term and conditions were not met by the receiver
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Raregem9000(m): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
How do one get the police report sir? I have a similar case at hand
Abd15978:
kindly request to call back ur transaction through police report. your money wil be reverse in 3 days
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by linearity: 12:23pm On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:
Good afternoon comrades. Please, forgive me if I am in the wrong section.

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k

The banker is telling you the truth and that is how it works to obtain a faster resolution.

It is only you that knows that, it was erroneous at this moment, the bank does not know. They don’t even know if you are there to illegally reverse a transaction after goods and/or services have exchanged hands.

Therefore, they need the cooperation of the other individual, he must also agree that the money was not earned and must agree to the reversal for you to quickly get your money, otherwise it becomes a contested case that may require you guys going to court.

The bank should not have blocked the guy’s account, if he goes there and threaten them, they will lift the hold. Banks need a court order before they can block any one’s account, you can’t just show up at a bank and have them block another person’s account, the guy can take them to task.

Just pray that, the guy agrees that is is indeed a mistake, otherwise you will be spending additional money for police case and court case….and it will take a while before you get your money back.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
Righteousness2:
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.

"Exactly, That's how prayer developed nations like America, Europe and China and left Africa underdeveloped despite Africa having the most worship centers and prayer worriors than any other continent in the world". - Village People Spokesperson
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by life235: 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2022
it's just 30k, if you use that money flex.u know wetin u go do.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by SavageResponse(m): 2:47pm On Feb 04, 2022
Babalakin:
send them an email and tell them if nothing is done within 3 days you will contact the consumer protection department of CBN.. they will sharply send you your money. That's the trick grin

Stop making noise.

This matter cannot be settled by using gragra!
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by SavageResponse(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2022
linearity:

The banker is telling you the truth and that is how it works to obtain a faster resolution.

It is only you that knows that, it was erroneous at this moment, the bank does not know. They don’t even know if you are there to illegally reverse a transaction after goods and/or services have exchanged hands.

Therefore, they need the cooperation of the other individual, he must also agree that the money was not earned and must agree to the reversal for you to quickly get your money, otherwise it becomes a contested case that may require you guys going to court.

The bank should not have blocked the guy’s account, if he goes there and threaten them, they will lift the hold. Banks need a court order before they can block any one’s account, you can’t just show up at a bank and have them block another person’s account, the guy can take them to task.

Just pray that, the guy agrees that is is indeed a mistake, otherwise you will be spending additional money for police case and court case….and it will take a while before you get your money back.

I doubt if they blocked the guy's account . I think what they probably did is to put a lien on that amount in the guy's account
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Valuc: 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
Most people asking for recall for a transaction was maybe a business gone wrong, then they frame it and say it was an error .. well I dont blame the guy... He doesn't work in the bank and as suc doesn't know the procedure for recalls .. just ask they have told u... Pray make person wey get account show up if not the money will be there .. rhough there is a certain amount of days it will stay... If the person doesn't come it will be moved back to you.. so op.. nobody put gun for ur head to type another number, the person name show.. u didn't confirm.. u went ahead and put ur payment pin then press confirm.. now u dey find who u go stress... Alaye just go and be praying... Am telling u too
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by freshalien: 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2022
brain54:

You don stay abroad before?

You do know that it is not only Nigerians in Nigeria that have access to the internet right? To show how myopic you are, you don’t even know there are foreigners here on Nairaland everyday both as registered members and visitors as well.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by freshalien: 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2022
iamL:

Which country abroad will temper with another persons account without consulting the owner in the name of error?

Some of una go just lie to form big online.

My bank officer did it when I filed a complaint about a wrong automatic debit on my account by some company. Right there in front of me the oyibo lady reverted the transaction and I got my money back.

Also, why would I want to impress anyone on a faceless forum? I hope you know not only Nigerians visit this website.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by freshalien: 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2022
mixta140:

Hear nonsense wey you dey talk na... you mistakenly sent money to someone and them give you back sharply... hear nonsense... you sef fit do am.... mumu talk..
Na you go first travel out na

There is no point trying to convince the unlearned and/or unexposed, they would never get it. It is like pouring water on a stone, it would never absorb it.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by brain54(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2022
freshalien:

You do know that it is not only Nigerians in Nigeria that have access to the internet right? To show how myopic you are, you don’t even know there are foreigners here on Nairaland everyday both as registered members and visitors as well.
I know not only nigerians in Nigeria have access to internet...I am in Ghana myself presently...i also know foreigners who are on nairaland.
Now oga oversabi nose it all anwer my question...you don stay abroad before?
Olodo!!
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Prettychild(f): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2022
illicit:

Lol ontop 30k

How much will lawyer collect
Make he just go and pray ��

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:18pm On Feb 04, 2022
Babalakin:
send them an email and tell them if nothing is done within 3 days you will contact the consumer protection department of CBN.. they will sharply send you your money. That's the trick grin
You people will just be saying things you know nothing about
The bank Will be liable for legal action if withdrawals money from someone's account without authorization
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 5:02pm On Feb 04, 2022
freshalien:

There is no point trying to convince the unlearned and/or unexposed, they would never get it. It is like pouring water on a stone, it would never absorb it.
Just hear that trash .... you mistakenly sent money to another person's account... you now claiming they gave it back immediately.... just hear talk ... nawa for some people sef .... cus you dey abroad... simple analogy does that make sense ... you now angry they told the person to pray... what else would they have done.... mumu
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 5:04pm On Feb 04, 2022
Valuc:
Most people asking for recall for a transaction was maybe a business gone wrong, then they frame it and say it was an error .. well I dont blame the guy... He doesn't work in the bank and as suc doesn't know the procedure for recalls .. just ask they have told u... Pray make person wey get account show up if not the money will be there .. rhough there is a certain amount of days it will stay... If the person doesn't come it will be moved back to you.. so op.. nobody put gun for ur head to type another number, the person name show.. u didn't confirm.. u went ahead and put ur payment pin then press confirm.. now u dey find who u go stress... Alaye just go and be praying... Am telling u too
And one werey here dey claim dem give am back sharply for abroad... se na mumu dey here ni...
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
freshalien:

Mumu wey dey togo
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2022
freshalien:

My bank officer did it when I filed a complaint about a wrong automatic debit on my account by some company. Right there in front of me the oyibo lady reverted the transaction and I got my money back.

Also, why would I want to impress anyone on a faceless forum? I hope you know not only Nigerians visit this website.
Mumuni
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2022
freshalien:

You be werey... if you get home do mistake transfer $100k let see something
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by AkaraAndBread: 8:37pm On Feb 04, 2022
Antoeni:
List of 5 worst Governors in Nigeria

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Will Top it Whether in Ascending or Descending Order.

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by lagosrd: 4:30am On Feb 05, 2022
LegacyB:

Better don’t let the devil use you. It won’t solve anything than making the staff look bad.

So he should loose his money because someone should not loose his job abi. What is the matter with of us as people.

I once sent a chat to the email address I got on diamonds mail about the non refund on my account and piam the useless manager then in my location started calling me to resolve the matter.

Don't just sit down and do nothing or discourage others from doing something.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by petite626: 9:33am On Feb 05, 2022
Babalakin:

if you like send mail to CBN governor..........the person must consent before money can be taken out of his/her account
you guys should stop making bankers look like bad people those guys are trying abeg
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by iamL(f): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2022
freshalien:

That means the banking system of that country is worst than Nigeria.

Most people on this faceless forum are braggarts. Other nationalities do visit this forum but you are obviously a Nigerian.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by sunshine1974(m): 7:29pm On Feb 05, 2022
mrksquare:

So are you opining that if a bank official mistakenly credit a customer's account with millions as we've had cases in Nigeria, the bank needs the consent of it's consumer before the said transfer can be reversed?
yes sir. That is it
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by sunshine1974(m): 7:31pm On Feb 05, 2022
LordIsaac:

In saner climes, you'd sue them and get redress. Here, citizens are advocating for "prayers". Africa ehn, especially Nigeria, it will take the extinction of five generations before we can get anything right. I'm just sad at this response.
even in saner clime, u just can't remove money from the account of a customer without inviting him or her.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire Guts Shops At Balogun Market In Lagos / The Truth About Money Rituals, What People Don't Know / Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.