Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. (22025 Views)

Help : Zenith Bank Refused To Recall Erroneous Transfer To Opay / First Bank Stress. Must I Bear The Cost Of Erroneous Credit To My Account? / EFCC Arraigns Polaris Bank Official For N12.6m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by lagosrd: 8:34am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:
Bro, thanks very much but if it takes the guy a year then I have to wait. Nah wah oh.
You have to please join me in prayers o. Thanks once again bro

quote author=Righteousness2 post=109892705]When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.

Go and report the bank and the branch to the appropriate authority. That's was how they allowed one hopeless guy get away with my money.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by elo47(m): 8:35am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:
Good afternoon comrades. Please, forgive me if I am in the wrong section.

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill out. In fact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truly.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with the transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k

The bank can't remove funds from the customer's account without their consent. Because that is a strong basis for a lawsuit. So ask for the customer's number and talk with him/her. That's the fastest way to resolve this.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by MufasaLion: 8:35am On Feb 04, 2022
fattprince:

Hope you know at one time the US are believed to always say "God bless America"?

Did they went to sleep and rely solely on hope or manna from Heaven?

If you wanna get something, you work it!

The U.S. is not even as religious as Africa. That's an indicator that prayer is not the solution to world problems. Elon Musk is gonna colonize Mars with the help of science, not prayer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by freshalien: 8:36am On Feb 04, 2022
mixta140:

You no pass to go you dey talk wetin you no sabi ... shift abeg... oyinbo dey play with money ... see this one

Wetin I no sabi? You mean I don’t know about something that happened to me? grin grin

There are lots of Nigerians abroad who are Nairalanders here, even foreigners use this website on a daily basis. Sorry enn! Not everyone here is in the hunger and suffering you are enjoying in Nigeria, while waiting for Tinubu to be elected next year.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by zoroby(m): 8:36am On Feb 04, 2022
chloride6:
He is absolutely correct.

You should pray because you voluntarily sent the money..

You should understand that transfers are intended to be final and irrevocable.

So pray that the guy is good hearted enough to refund you.
But if government send you 2 salaries in a month banks will take one back.
Understand?..

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 8:38am On Feb 04, 2022
freshalien:

Wetin I no sabi? You mean I don’t know about something that happened to me? grin grin

There are lots of Nigerians abroad who are Nairalanders here, even foreigners use this website on a daily basis. Sorry enn! Not everyone here is in the hunger and suffering you are enjoying in Nigeria, while waiting for Tinubu to be elected next year.
If na suffer pursue you for 9ja ... no be everybody suffer for 9ja like you wey you come run comot....
Dey lie yourself there

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by LordIsaac(m): 8:38am On Feb 04, 2022
sunshine1974:
The bank official is right, no bank will just debit another customer without consent. That is the reason why he said you should pray.

The other way is to get a court order. Without a court order, you will have to wait till the person signs a consensual agreement to refund the money.

If not people will abuse it na, you can make a payment to me after buying something and later go to bank to say the transfer was an error.
In saner climes, you'd sue them and get redress. Here, citizens are advocating for "prayers". Africa ehn, especially Nigeria, it will take the extinction of five generations before we can get anything right. I'm just sad at this response.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by greatseed: 8:38am On Feb 04, 2022
Don't stress yourself. The bank will contact the guy & tell him to refund the money except he has abandoned the account, if not he won't have a choice but to return the money.

If the bank is slow in their response, send a mail to the bank with their MD/CEO & CBN in copy. No one is above mistake

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Trojan8(m): 8:39am On Feb 04, 2022
flyca:

Assuming this is true...
They should have explained this to him in the bank to ease him, not “go and pray”.

How do you know that they did not?
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by cmikel: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k

They asked you to go and pray bc the guy may have other accounts and don't even go to the gtb account.

They they can help you to call the PO person but they won't officially give u his contact. Unless someone gives u from back door

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mixta140: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2022
freshalien:

Hear nonsense wey you dey talk na... you mistakenly sent money to someone and them give you back sharply... hear nonsense... you sef fit do am.... mumu talk..
Na you go first travel out na

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Echo50(m): 8:41am On Feb 04, 2022
I have similar experience but in my case, some one transfered 1m into my acct but was withdrawn without permission from my acct within 4pm while balancing there accts
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by aktolly54(m): 8:41am On Feb 04, 2022
Op can't they check the owner of the account phone number and call him or her then ask him to come bank or the person number is not in use again
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by chloride6: 8:41am On Feb 04, 2022
[quote author=zoroby post=109941519][/quote]

If the government sends you the 2 salaries in a month and they later discover they will not simply not pay you for a month.

If you are unlucky, they will punish you for dishonesty.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Cantonese: 8:41am On Feb 04, 2022
Quantumheight:

The bank has no right to touch or transfer the funds to you unless the person visit d bank and told to transfer the funds back to you.the bank has placed a lein on d account and the owner of d account can't make use of d bank unless he visit d bank.thsts why they asked you to pray

Short and simple. That’s exactly what it is and the way it works.

Prayer in the sense of the bank official is for the other person to respond favourably. The bank will not go and arrest him because of that and the bank will not release his address/phone number to you. What if the person never touches that account, or is outside the country, or is sick?

Go and pray abeg!

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by phemmyfour: 8:42am On Feb 04, 2022
Macolapablo:

I made an Erroneous Transfer on the 6th of January from my Gtbank account to another Gtbank account. I went to the bank to complain and I was given a form to fill. Infact, I was told the account has been blocked so there's no way the owner can withdraw the money. I was expecting the customer care official to move my money back since it has been verified that I did the transfer truely.

The funniest reply I got was that I should go and pray to God to touch the owner of the account. ABEG, WETIN CONCERN GOD with transfer? Please, any idea how I can get my money back?. Your advice will be appreciated. It's just 30k
The bank has no right to do that...you are just careless

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Righteousness2:
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

You need to Heed to their Admonishment and go and Pray, because the bank will not make transfer for the guy. They have done what they are to do which is to block the guy's account.

You need to Go pray that the guy visits the bank , so he can be made to refund your money.

What you don't know, please don't put your mouth.

Bank can pull money from your account and return it to the owner if it's a scam.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by LegacyB: 8:44am On Feb 04, 2022
lagosrd:

Go and report the bank and the branch to the appropriate authority. That's was how they allowed one hopeless guy get away with my money.
Better don’t let the devil use you. It won’t solve anything than making the staff look bad.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by wallarwallar(m): 8:44am On Feb 04, 2022
Righteousness2:
When the word of GOD tells you " Prayer is the Key" ! You think it's a Joke.

I'm a Christian but your comment shows you are an idiot and people sbud stop taking u serious. Can u just imagine. How does God relate to GTB bank to do d right thing. With people like u dis ountry will never move forward or experiences any greatness

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Osilama1: 8:44am On Feb 04, 2022
MufasaLion:
This country is a big joke and religion has done it's worse also. How could a trained bank official utter such disgusting and unprofessional statement to a customer?

If the U.S. had relied on prayer and not create FBI, Hushspuppi and other fraudsters would still be living large by now as free individuals.

This country is shit!
that's the issue with our banking system that's why so many frauds go on without checks... Banks and CBN should do more to check mate issues like this...
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Ofuks(m): 8:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Dear OP,

The comment from the bank official is unprofessional, however it is the truth.
Banks do not have the right to reverse funds from a customers account just because of another customers complaint.

There are rules, regulations and procedures guiding all kinds of financial transactions, and applicable to a scenario like yours too, and the written consent of the beneficiary of this erroneous transfer must be secured before the bank can initiate a reversal. In extreme cases, where the beneficiary refuses to give consent, the sender of the erroneous transfer is advised to get a court order, which acts as the final arbirter.

Some beneficiaries of erroneous transfers are also wicked and fraudulent and may not want to grant reversal consent, simply because they want to convert the funds to theirs. However, this is impossible for the receiver to achieve, if the fund is placed on lien by the bank. There is also a recovery process if the money is no longer available in the recipients account.

Note: The bank also receives reversal requests from fraudulent persons who have gotten value for purchases made from suppliers, and still visit the bank with the intention of defrauding their supplier and exposing the bank to needless litigaton.

When in doubt, consult google.

5 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 04, 2022
Quantumheight:

The bank has no right to touch or transfer the funds to you unless the person visit d bank and told to transfer the funds back to you.the bank has placed a lein on d account and the owner of d account can't make use of d bank unless he visit d bank.thsts why they asked you to pray

That's a lie, the bank can call the owner to do the transfer or they do it themselves. They have been doing it in pos cases.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by MufasaLion: 8:47am On Feb 04, 2022
Osilama1:
that's the issue with our banking system that's why so many frauds go on without checks... Banks and CBN should do more to check mate issues like this...

I really hope they do so.
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Jayslyder: 8:49am On Feb 04, 2022
The way u guys just think moving money here and there is funny.. no one has the right to move funds from an account without consent or court order..the best they can do is to lien your 30k that way even the owner won't have access to the money...and u said something about the account blocked..lol..that one is another process entirely and steps can be solely taken be owner of the account...the bottom line is u need to truly PRAY

2 Likes

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Ejembee: 8:49am On Feb 04, 2022
The best solution is to go and get a court order to reverse the money back to your account, show them proof of the transfer, only the court can order the bank to make a reversal from where the money is without the permission of the owner of that account.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by dfrost: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2022
Antoeni:
List of 5 worst Governors in Nigeria

1. Dr Okezie Ikpeazu
2. All Yahaya Bello
3. Ortom
4. Godwin Obaseki
5. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu Will Top it Whether in Ascending or Descending Order.

cheesy grin the kingdom of heaven is far from you. What did Okezie Ikpeazu do to you?
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Osilama1: 8:52am On Feb 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

I really hope they do so.
I have an issue sent mail to CBN since no reply...
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by dontbothermuch: 8:52am On Feb 04, 2022
Quantumheight:

very true
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by mrksquare: 8:53am On Feb 04, 2022
sunshine1974:
The bank official is right, no bank will just debit another customer without consent. That is the reason why he said you should pray.

The other way is to get a court order. Without a court order, you will have to wait till the person signs a consensual agreement to refund the money.

If not people will abuse it na, you can make a payment to me after buying something and later go to bank to say the transfer was an error.

So are you opining that if a bank official mistakenly credit a customer's account with millions as we've had cases in Nigeria, the bank needs the consent of it's consumer before the said transfer can be reversed?
Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by Perewenkle1: 8:56am On Feb 04, 2022
The bank official is correct by asking you to pray, as said by many, the bank can not transfer the money back to you, only the account holder can and the bank can not block the account of erroneous deposit, that’s why you must check one more time to make sure you are not putting too many zeros on the number, once you push send your money is gone.
This is like sending what the USA bank call “ZELLE”, once you push send, it’s finished and if sent in error to me for instance, only me can return it back.

1 Like

Re: Bank Official Asked Me To Pray Over Erroneous Transfer. by seyz91(m): 8:56am On Feb 04, 2022
cheesy
Macolapablo:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Billboard Advertisement Rate In Lagos & Ogun State? / Banks Abandon Uniform Atms, OTC Transaction Policy / Naira Hits All-Time Low Of ₦1,152/$1 In Black Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.