Stats: 3,154,012 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836476 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DareFerd: 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2022
Fazfunms:
Wow… Have you called or emailed them?

Haa! Severally o! Calls & email, all to no avail. Saying it’s still in the decision making stage. Though I just discovered the paid emails last week so I just sent again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DareFerd: 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
AmeliaT:
Wow. This is taking the piss. You should have started raising hell in September. Please suffocate them with calls and emails.

Omo!! I’m tired. Saying if even if I want to cancel, it would take a month to still get my passport back. I just tire... Visit o. Not as if it’s the first time one is traveling.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DareFerd: 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
Squid456:
Paid calls and paid mail isn't easy.
There should be a regulatory body to report all these inconsistencies and abnormalities to.
How can you keep someone passport since June without any explanation.
Who does that?
Can they do that to their British citizens
It's just wrong.

You can imagine what I’ve been going through; not been able to make long term plans and all. Very wrong. Would probably go there again; it’s just that Ikeja outlet is crazy! Heard the brought down the gate a couple of days back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joyousgem: 9:26pm On Feb 12, 2022
DareFerd:
Greetings everyone;
I have applied since June for a visit visa and nothing yet. My passport is still with them. No news at all. I don Dey tire. Just halted all plans.

If I were in your shoes I will raise a complain. It's completely unacceptable and unjustifiable. That's almost 8months to process a visit visa, even ILR and Citizenship barely take that long to process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by QUEENBIZ: 11:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
Good day everyone. Please I need anyone to help me with information on how to contact UK embassy for application fee refund after cancellation of application during the time Nigeria was place on red list and there was an announcement that all visit visa will be placed on hold but application can be cancelled and refund request can be sent if one hasn’t gone for biometric. It’s over a month now and I am yet to get any refund for a family of 5.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AskGod07: 4:29am On Feb 13, 2022
Please everyone which category I can upload a Cover letter ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alert20: 11:24am On Feb 13, 2022
AskGod07:

Please everyone which category I can upload a Cover letter ?

Other...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Fazfunms: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2022
Send them a paid email. They’ll respond

QUEENBIZ:
Good day everyone. Please I need anyone to help me with information on how to contact UK embassy for application fee refund after cancellation of application during the time Nigeria was place on red list and there was an announcement that all visit visa will be placed on hold but application can be cancelled and refund request can be sent if one hasn’t gone for biometric. It’s over a month now and I am yet to get any refund for a family of 5.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dinoforyou00: 1:29pm On Feb 13, 2022
Happy sunday y’all. Perdon me for this question. Please when filling the passenger locator form, in the place of “what is the flight number, train number or ship name you will arrive on” I’ll be going with Ethiopian airline, is it the one that’s starts with ET 7... that I will put in there or phone number of Ethiopian airline. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by ellakarl1: 2:17pm On Feb 13, 2022
Yes, it’s the one that starts with ET-

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by oluayebenz: 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Happy sunday y’all. Perdon me for this question. Please when filling the passenger locator form, in the place of “what is the flight number, train number or ship name you will arrive on” I’ll be going with Ethiopian airline, is it the one that’s starts with ET 7... that I will put in there or phone number of Ethiopian airline. Thank you

Your flight number is the one with ET 7

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dinoforyou00: 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
Thank you very much!

ellakarl1:
Yes, it’s the one that starts with ET-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dinoforyou00: 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2022
Thank you very much!

oluayebenz:

Your flight number is the one with ET 7
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by QUEENBIZ: 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2022
Fazfunms:
Send them a paid email. They’ll respond

Thanks so much for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iwale: 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
Good evenin guru in house i really appreciate the good work u people are doing her.pls i really need the help of u people concernin a comprehensive list of school that a 3rd class degree holder can apply for a master or post graduate diploma in d uk,and also all what is takes to secure the visa.ur input will surely Make a long way in dis struggle.pls help a bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 12:39am On Feb 14, 2022
Hi Fam,

I would like to know, how long this new PTA process takes. Has anyone applied and how long did it take to get the approval email and then collection at the bank? Please let me know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Dinoforyou00: 1:41am On Feb 14, 2022
I heard it takes a long time to get validated. I applied on February 8, and I’ve sent a lot of mails to my processing bank, still I haven’t gotten any validation mail

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 2:02am On Feb 14, 2022
AmeliaT:
Hi Fam,

I would like to know, how long this new PTA process takes. Has anyone applied and how long did it take to get the approval email and then collection at the bank? Please let me know.

Most banks advise you put in an application 14 days to your intended date of departure(for a personal travel Allowance)

Once you have successfully filled and submitted an application on the platform you would get a mail that acknowledges your application for PTA and to notify you that your application is on the queue.

Depending on what bank you chose and her branch determines how long the process is to be completed. Also, factors that causes delay are; long queues, some days the platform would be down and as such the banks and her branches would not be able to review PTA applications for that day, no forex funding to commercial banks from cbn which i believe is a deliberate act from the apex bank to kind of frustrate customers as commercial banks get large forex request and cbn maybe not being possible to meet all forex requests.

Now personally,
After I had submitted my application, I chose a branch where my account officer works, I did not wait for mails to drop as would as your application progresses, rather I visited the bank the next day and met with my account officer and explained how urgent and less time I had, he talked to the colleague in charge of forex transaction for the branch who then requested for all documents I submitted during my application which were; Passport, ticket (round trip), valid visa. After running all necessary checks as in line with CBN policies for such transaction, I received a mail on spot, that my application had been approved and is now on queue for disbursement. However, there was no forex funding from cbn for the next 2-3 banking days so I could not complete the transaction that week. Once there was funding, the forex staff called, that I could visit the branch later that day, and asked for my permission to go ahead to debit my account of funds needed for the pta transaction which I gave the green light to. Thus on this occasion I only had to visit with my passport, the PTA had been readied for pickup.

Thus, the process could be completed within 2 banking days and may last beyond.

You may want to fill the form now, tomorrow you follow up with a call/visit to the branch you will chose to know what next to do and what's situation of things like at the branch. Mind you, you may chose any branch whilst filling the form A and complete your transaction within any of the bank branches across a state or Nigeria and visiting a branch or the bank is not something of a must as I learned from some OP on NL

Finally, I do not know if it were just a coincidence or not, but the platform at the banks usually works Tuesdays and Wednesdays, also banks get forex funding on these days, every other days were; no forex funding, platform is down, and such excuses. That may not be the case with your bank or this week, but you may want to target Tuesday and Wednesday and get the whole process done within 48 hours.
Best of luck

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2022
Thanks a lot, Leef. Your responses are always detailed and helpful. I completed the form last night and got the queue email and reached out to my account officer immediately. I will follow up with him today and send him all the info- Tickets, passports etc. and ask him to please accelerate. Thanks, again.

leef2022:

Most banks advise you put in an application 14 days to your intended date of departure(for a personal travel Allowance)

Once you have successfully filled and submitted an application on the platform you would get a mail that acknowledges your application for PTA and to notify you that your application is on the queue.

Depending on what bank you chose and her branch determines how long the process is to be completed. Also, factors that causes delay are; long queues, some days the platform would be down and as such the banks and her branches would not be able to review PTA applications for that day, no forex funding to commercial banks from cbn which i believe is a deliberate act from the apex bank to kind of frustrate customers as commercial banks get large forex request and cbn maybe not being possible to meet all forex requests.

Now personally,
After I had submitted my application, I chose a branch where my account officer works, I did not wait for mails to drop as would as your application progresses, rather I visited the bank the next day and met with my account officer and explained how urgent and less time I had, he talked to the colleague in charge of forex transaction for the branch who then requested for all documents I submitted during my application which were; Passport, ticket (round trip), valid visa. After running all necessary checks as in line with CBN policies for such transaction, I received a mail on spot, that my application had been approved and is now on queue for disbursement. However, there was no forex funding from cbn for the next 2-3 banking days so I could not complete the transaction that week. Once there was funding, the forex staff called, that I could visit the branch later that day, and asked for my permission to go ahead to debit my account of funds needed for the pta transaction which I gave the green light to. Thus on this occasion I only had to visit with my passport, the PTA had been readied for pickup.

Thus, the process could be completed within 2 banking days and may last beyond.

You may want to fill the form now, tomorrow you follow up with a call/visit to the branch you will chose to know what next to do and what's situation of things like at the branch. Mind you, you may chose any branch whilst filling the form A and complete your transaction within any of the bank branches across a state or Nigeria and visiting a branch or the bank is not something of a must as I learned from some OP on NL

Finally, I do not know if it were just a coincidence or not, but the platform at the banks usually works Tuesdays and Wednesdays, also banks get forex funding on these days, every other days were; no forex funding, platform is down, and such excuses. That may not be the case with your bank or this week, but you may want to target Tuesday and Wednesday and get the whole process done within 48 hours.
Best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 8:30am On Feb 14, 2022
Oh no. Sorry to hear that. Please, take the action that Leef advised. All the best!

Dinoforyou00:
I heard it takes a long time to get validated. I applied on February 8, and I’ve sent a lot of mails to my processing bank, still I haven’t gotten any validation mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by DareFerd: 9:03am On Feb 14, 2022
DareFerd:
Greetings everyone;
I have applied since June for a visit visa and nothing yet. My passport is still with them. No news at all. I don Dey tire. Just halted all plans.

UPDATE!!

This was the email I just got after getting the paid email link on the platform. Any advice anyone? Cos this one they’re saying that ‘we have now completed all our actions and your case has been closed.’

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by johnJS: 11:21am On Feb 14, 2022
Good day all, I am new to these pages but kudos to those who take the time to provide robust answers to enquires here. It is laudable and encouraging.

I applied for a 2 year visit visa at the end of November last year (I have previously been issued UK visas with between 6 months to 5 years validity)

However my passport expires at the end of June this year. In November when I applied this gave me over 7 months passport validity but today no decision has been made.

I opted for the “keep my passport” option when I applied as UKVI advised possible delays and I have now obtained a new passport but I do not know what the possibilities are. I mean for when a decision will hopefully be made soon. Will I be able to tender my new passport when the visa is hopefully approved? I have just learned of paid mail on these pages, do I need to write a paid mail detailing the issue?

Advice and similar experiences are much welcome.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
I don't see the issue here. You should go back with the new passport attached to the old one. Cheers!

johnJS:
Good day all, I am new to these pages but kudos to those who take the time to provide robust answers to enquires here. It is laudable and encouraging.

I applied for a 2 year visit visa at the end of November last year (I have previously been issued UK visas with between 6 months to 5 years validity)

However my passport expires at the end of June this year. In November when I applied this gave me over 7 months passport validity but today no decision has been made.

I opted for the “keep my passport” option when I applied as UKVI advised possible delays and I have now obtained a new passport but I do not know what the possibilities are. I mean for when a decision will hopefully be made soon. Will I be able to tender my new passport when the visa is hopefully approved? I have just learned of paid mail on these pages, do I need to write a paid mail detailing the issue?

Advice and similar experiences are much welcome.

Thank you.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by lolomaxwell: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
Hi all, Happy Valentine’s Day. My husband is on a tier 2 visa however his brp expires 20th of Aug this year and I did my biometric 7th of Feb. I read somewhere that brps are not issued for less than 6 months. My question is this, what are the chances of my being granted a dependant visa because it will surely be less than 6 months brp for me.
Please you guys should help me o. Going out of my mind with worry and regret that I did standard instead of priority
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by johnJS: 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2022
Ok thank you. My worry was that they could take a negative decision based on the validity of the passport submitted. They have no way of knowing i have obtained a new passport. It sounds like i don't have anything to be concerned about. But even as I write I'm now thinking it's up to me to write to inform them of this.
Thank you once again.

AmeliaT:
I don't see the issue here. You should go back with the new passport attached to the old one. Cheers!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2022
johnJS:
Ok thank you. My worry was that they could take a negative decision based on the validity of the passport submitted. They have no way of knowing i have obtained a new passport. It sounds like i don't have anything to be concerned about. But even as I write I'm now thinking it's up to me to write to inform them of this.
Thank you once again.
at all. They wont give you a reduced length based on your passport. Someone used a passport expiring in 4 months for 6 months visa. Visa issued. Passport was expiring 1st week december. Visa valid till March was placed on the passport exceeding ppt validity. U simply travel with the two passports. When you are called to submit, simply adjoin your old and new passports and submit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:26pm On Feb 14, 2022
lolomaxwell:
Hi all, Happy Valentine’s Day. My husband is on a tier 2 visa however his brp expires 20th of Aug this year and I did my biometric 7th of Feb. I read somewhere that brps are not issued for less than 6 months. My question is this, what are the chances of my being granted a dependant visa because it will surely be less than 6 months brp for me.Please you guys should help me o. Going out of my mind with worry and regret that I did standard instead of priority
it is true about the brp part. Well why worry about what you can’t change? And you have also done biometrics..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 3:27pm On Feb 14, 2022
I hear you but you submitted within 7 months of validity. Worst case, they will ask you to submit a new passport to receive the visa (which you thankfully have already); this is what Canada does. However, you cut it too close. Next time, I advise you renew first. But you are good to go for now. But if you're not at rest, feel free to send them an email letting them know this but I doubt that info will even be passed to the ECO grin

johnJS:
Thank you once again.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Tboytb: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2022
Good afternoon house, please i need advise and help as regarding this, uk dependant visa says no work no business, no public funds, please how do i rectify this mistake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 6:02pm On Feb 14, 2022
Tboytb:
Good afternoon house, please i need advise and help as regarding this, uk dependant visa says no work no business, no public funds, please how do i rectify this mistake.
when u get to the uk, pick up brp, if mistake is still on it, then report https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

https://www.biometric-residence-permit.service.gov.uk/correct-mistakes/location
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by johnJS: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2022
Thanks a lot for that example that's comforting to hear. I appreciate your input. I will do just that.

giselle237:
at all. They wont give you a reduced length based on your passport. Someone used a passport expiring in 4 months for 6 months visa. Visa issued. Passport was expiring 1st week december. Visa valid till March was placed on the passport exceeding ppt validity. U simply travel with the two passports. When you are called to submit, simply adjoin your old and new passports and submit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by johnJS: 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2022
I hear you about cutting it close, I agree. I did try passport renewal but it took months so i decided to take the plunge and not lose more time waiting to apply. Thanks for your input. Probably will skip sending that email though, i go rest myself abeg smiley

AmeliaT:
I hear you but you submitted within 7 months of validity. Worst case, they will ask you to submit a new passport to receive the visa (which you thankfully have already); this is what Canada does. However, you cut it too close. Next time, I advise you renew first. But you are good to go for now. But if you're not at rest, feel free to send them an email letting them know this but I doubt that info will even be passed to the ECO grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: EngrBlack(m) and 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69