Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836541 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by abdulhaphiz(m): 9:14pm On Feb 14, 2022
Hello freinds. I am planning to join my spouse in d UK. She is a nurse. Which visa category should I choose when booking IOM appointment for TB test.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:32pm On Feb 14, 2022
PLEASE WHO KNOWS HOW GET AN EGYPTIAN VISA?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 12:10am On Feb 15, 2022
Dependant visa

abdulhaphiz:
Hello freinds. I am planning to join my spouse in d UK. She is a nurse. Which visa category should I choose when booking IOM appointment for TB test.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 12:11am On Feb 15, 2022
Pharaoh will surely be your best bet grin

nwaogukings03:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by AmeliaT: 12:26am On Feb 15, 2022
Looooooooool grin grin grin grin smiley smiley smiley smiley

beryour:
Pharaoh will surely be your best bet grin

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 4:01am On Feb 15, 2022
nwaogukings03:

Their official website, or find their embassy in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Mannymanny: 9:27am On Feb 15, 2022
Any more info about the Care visa starting today the 15th??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by RodeDindu: 10:59am On Feb 15, 2022
Mannymanny:
Any more info about the Care visa starting today the 15th??

Waiting for the parliament's decision today, surely a day of fasting and � prayers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sykia: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2022
Hello house,

Please does anyone know where I can get same day result release for COVID testing in Abuja. On NCDC website, there are list of private testing centers but I’m not sure if I can get same day result release. I intend to leave sufficient room for delays and layovers since my travel involve connecting flights.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2022
Sykia:
Hello house,

Please does anyone know where I can get same day result release for COVID testing in Abuja. On NCDC website, there are list of private testing centers but I’m not sure if I can get same day result release. I intend to leave sufficient room for delays and layovers since my travel involve connecting flights.

Lifebridge diagnostic center you do in the morning get your result 7:00pm, Note, that most private labs you see on NCDC website now do same day result and no need to do booking or advanced payment. Cost #39500
Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2022
leef2022:

Their official website, or find their embassy in Nigeria.
I know they have an embassy in Abuja. Their Nigerian embassy website seems redundant.
From all i have heard, getting their visa seems to be daunting task. who sabi road abeg?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Sykia: 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2022
leef2022:

Lifebridge diagnostic center you do in the morning get your result 7:00pm, Note, that most private labs you see on NCDC website now do same day result and no need to booking or advancement. Cost #39500
Regards

Thank you Leef
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by leef2022: 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2022
nwaogukings03:

I know they have an embassy in Abuja. Their Nigerian embassy website seems redundant.
From all i have heard, getting their visa seems to be daunting task. who sabi road abeg?

If it's a daunting task on their webpage, going through a proxy or an agent would be double daunting brouhaha. BTW, I'm not sure[b][/b] they are open to non-essential travels atm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aliyu40: 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Please help me look into this...

My mum got a refusal. In her previous application, I filled in unemployed because her pension administrators refused to provide a letter confirming she receives pension. The only evidence we have of this pension is a letter dated 2003. I have all e emails we sent to them requesting for the letter, they did not respond via email.
I'm about to reapply, should I now fill in "retired" and provide these emails we sent and they refused to give us proof? Would the the ECO count this as a lie and attract a 10 year ban? Should I stick to the unemployed and present her bank statements (she has savings of over 400K).

Below is the reason for their refusal:

You state that you wish to visit the UK for 1 month for a family visit. You state that
you plan to spend £1500 during your visit.
 You state that you are unemployed with no form of personal income yourself and
that you spend a total of 25,000 NGN (£44.59 at the exchange rate on
oanda.com on 26/01/22) a month.
 I note that you have provided information in support of your application and the
circumstances of your stated sponsor. However, the information provided does
not demonstrate your own circumstances in your country of residence. This
makes me doubt the credibility of your overall circumstances in your country of
residence and your reason for travel is as stated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 2:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
Firstly, your reason for selecting 'unemployed' is quite vague and should have been retired even if you could not get the pension document. This can be corrected in the next application but you need to also draft up a very good cover letter to detailed that aspect and the error you made in the last application and also outline the reasons for the error. Then if you are able to get the pension documents, its also fine.

Looking at the reason for refusal, the VO is more concerned about her own circumstance as regards finances and living in Nigeria, I am not sure exactly what you stated in the application and it will be beneficial to go through what you answered in the question 'Do you have another income or savings / What kinds of regular income do you have'. You stated that she will be spending £1500 for the traveling and that is over N1m for someone who is unemployed nor have a regular income, that will be an area for a VO to capitalize on.

Look back properly into the previous application and identify the mistake, then correct them before putting up your new application and then do not forget the cover letter as it is supposed to answer all the many questions the VO might have.

Ire ooo

Aliyu40:
Hello Everyone,

My mum got a refusal. In her previous application, I filled in unemployed because her pension administrators refused to provide a letter confirming she receives pension. The only evidence we have of this pension is a letter dated 2003. I have all e emails we sent to them requesting for the letter, they did not respond via email.
I'm about to reapply, should I now fill in "retired" and provide these emails we sent and they refused to give us proof? Would the the ECO count this as a lie and attract a 10 year ban? Should I stick to the unemployed and present her bank statements (she has savings of over 400K).

You state that you wish to visit the UK for 1 month for a family visit. You state that
 You state that you are unemployed with no form of personal income yourself and
 I note that you have provided information in support of your application and the
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aliyu40: 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2022
beryour:
Firstly, your reason for selecting 'unemployed' is quite vague and should have been retired even if you could not get the pension document. This can be corrected in the next application but you need to also draft up a very good cover letter to detailed that aspect and the error you made in the last application and also outline the reasons for the error. Then if you are able to get the pension documents, its also fine.

Looking at the reason for refusal, the VO is more concerned about her own circumstance as regards finances and living in Nigeria, I am not sure exactly what you stated in the application and it will be beneficial to go through what you answered in the question 'Do you have another income or savings / What kinds of regular income do you have'. You stated that she will be spending £1500 for the traveling and that is over N1m for someone who is unemployed nor have a regular income, that will be an area for a VO to capitalize on.

Look back properly into the previous application and identify the mistake, then correct them before putting up your new application and then do not forget the cover letter as it is supposed to answer all the many questions the VO might have.

Ire ooo

Thank you! The only reason was the lack of a letter from them. The only proof available is the letter written in 2003 and the amount stated in the letter is no longer the amount paid now. Pension rates are increased to match inflation from time to time. The pension is paid four times a year and the first cycle is paid in cash to verify that the recipient is still alive. I panicked about all of these complications and thought unemployed was the "easy" way out. I will write all this in the cover letter. The pension administrators are asking that she gets a letter from the British High Commission requesting for the pension verification letter (they wouldn't even write this in an email, I would have printed it as evidence). I don't know if getting my mum to their office in Lagos would persuade them to give her the letter. She is in Enugu.

I stated she did not have any other income or savings. She is not sponsoring herself so I did not think it mattered. My mistake, again. She does have savings and it has been in her account for more than a year, hence her bank statement would not raise suspicions. In the application, I stated that we will be covering all costs of her trip.

Thanks again for your help. I'm grateful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Walatip397(m): 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2022
Please House, I need help on behalf of a friend.
He used an agent for UK visit visa. Biometrics on 26th October, 2021. He picked up his passport on January 6, 2022 when he couldn't hear any response from the agent and the passport was blank.
The problem now is, the agent said he did not receive a refusal mail and already sent a mail to UKVI for clarification since Jan 8th with no response till now as he claimed. I even told him to request for the email details (name & password) used for the application so I can do follow up, but the agent blatantly refused.

Please help. All suggestions are welcome.

Attached is the only doc. the agent sent to him for tracking

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2022
There are several missing information here and its better you are quite open to get the best advice.

During biometrics, your passport should be submitted except you choose to keep it with you, why was it in the hands of the agent?

Secondly, I do not understand why you agree to use an email which you do not have access to for an application.

Now, its difficult to get any response through email from home office as they will need to contact you through the email on your application. An option for you will be to give a call to home office (even though they recently said they will not be giving any information through calls as regards applications) but you can still try. Second option is to appeal to your agent to get the email details so you could send a paid email and if the appeal does not work, na to force the guy by whatever means you can (its up to you).

Walatip397:
He used an agent for UK visit visa. Biometrics on 26th October, 2021. He picked up his passport on January 6, 2022 when he couldn't hear any response from the agent and the passport was blank.
The problem now is, the agent said he did not receive a refusal mail and already sent a mail to UKVI for clarification since Jan 8th with no response till now as he claimed. I even told him to request for the email details (name & password) used for the application so I can do follow up, but the agent blatantly refused.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Walatip397(m): 6:01pm On Feb 15, 2022
Sincerely, its not me.
What I meant is, he picked up the passport after long wait without response.
Thanks
beryour:
There are several missing information here and its better you are quite open to get the best advice.

During biometrics, your passport should be submitted except you choose to keep it with you, why was it in the hands of the agent?

Secondly, I do not understand why you agree to use an email which you do not have access to for an application.

Now, its difficult to get any response through email from home office as they will need to contact you through the email on your application. An option for you will be to give a call to home office (even though they recently said they will not be giving any information through calls as regards applications) but you can still try. Second option is to appeal to your agent to get the email details so you could send a paid email and if the appeal does not work, na to force the guy by whatever means you can (its up to you).

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kizonero(m): 6:46pm On Feb 15, 2022
Good evening great men and women here. I most say I am really really impressed by the work done here...May God continue to bless you all abundantly.

Anyways I am a silent reader right from day one. And I just picked interest in this UK visit visa and I will like to give it a try hoping by his grace I will scale thru. Like they always say, every traveller started from somewhere. I started with Ghana and UAE in 2019, a week and two weeks stay respectively.

Now I want to plan towards adding UK to my travel experience and her Visa to my passport. Having read some of the stories here on people's experience, I observed that most of the visa rejections are mostly Bank Acct statement related. And I wouldn't want to after getting all the guidelines here,mess up.

Please superiors in the house, I would like you to carefully look into this my idea of trying to build my bank account statement, then after 6months I will apply.

"A million naira lodgement in my acct this month, then as from March ending, I will be receiving a salary of 200k thousand naira each month for 7months. Atleast I will be saving 150k each month from it. And there won't be any lodgement of money higher than the 200k salary in that 7months". This is what I planned to discuss with my boss. I hope it serves me good superiors in the house for a stay of 7-10 days?

2) Secondly, this is where I seem to be confused. The pages I have read so far on this thread, I haven't seen anyone sharing the Documents they submitted for UK visit visa(tourism), where can one go for the submission e.g VFS kind of service or Is it being done online.
Please I need detailed information on how to obtain the form and do the processing. The things required for the visa etc

Thank you superiors. I await your various reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joyousgem: 9:09pm On Feb 15, 2022
Aliyu40:
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry about your mum's refusal. No, there was no misrepresentation in the previous application. She is retired and it is okay to provide documents dated 2003. My mum recently provided employment letter dated back to 1988 without any issue. A cover letter is crucial in helping the ECO connect the dots. Draft a supporting cover letter for your mum addressed to the ECO explaining why unemployed option was chosen in the last application.

Even if you have to print a year's worth of bank statement to proof that she receives pension, then do so, remember to highlight the entries to make ECO's job easier. Your mum must have income of some kind, even if it is from her children, even if it's not regular. It shows that she has enough to look after herself in Nigeria.

Crucially, you need to proof that she has strong home ties to Nigeria. Do you have other siblings in Nigeria, does she have grandchildren in Nigeria (add family pictures). Does your mum own any land, house or car, If she does add the documents.

Take your time before putting in her next application unless the purpose of her visit is time bound. Gather all required documents, draft the letters and ensure you cover all points mentioned by the ECO.

I wish your mum all the best in her next application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joyousgem: 9:21pm On Feb 15, 2022
Walatip397:

Can you confirm with your friend that the blurred part is showing his name, to ensure its not someone else's log in.

Also you said your friend picked up his passport, where did he collect his passport from?

When a paid mail is sent, often you'll get a response within 5working days officially. Many UK threads on nairaland has shown that they respond within a day or two. I sent a paid mail last week Friday and got a response after 15mins of sending the paid mail. There is close to zero chance that they have not responded all this while, even if it's to say they are looking into it.

Has your friend considered calling UKVI, or going to TLS where he did his biometric. Looks like the agent is hiding something, else why hide the email address.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Walatip397(m): 9:30pm On Feb 15, 2022
He picked it up from ikeja, after waiting for a longtime.
Pls, is it possible to call UKVI? The only thing we have right now is the GWF number.
Please help. Please
Joyousgem:

Can you confirm with your friend that the blurred part is showing his name, to ensure its not someone else's log in.

Also you said your friend picked up his passport, where did he collect his passport from?

When a paid mail is sent, often you'll get a response within 5working days officially. Many UK threads on nairaland has shown that they respond within a day or two. I sent a paid mail last week Friday and got a response after 15mins of sending the paid mail. There is close to zero chance that they have not responded all this while, even if it's to say they are looking into it.

Has your friend considered calling UKVI, or going to TLS where he did his biometric. Looks like the agent is hiding something, else why hide the email address.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Joyousgem: 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2022
Walatip397:
He picked it up from ikeja, after waiting for a longtime.
Pls, is it possible to call UKVI? The only thing we have right now is the GWF number.
Please help. Please

Below is the link for contacting UKVI. The GWF number is a good start. He obviously knows his name and DOB. Your friend might as well try to call else he'll continue to be in the dark. God forbid he has a ban he won't even know about it. The other option is for him to request all information held by UKVI on him directly.

It also occurred to me that the screenshot might be from the earlier part of his application and it has since been updated, which is why he was able to pick up his passport.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Walatip397(m): 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2022
Ah, thanks bro.
We'll follow your guide. Thanks
Joyousgem:

Below is the link for contacting UKVI. The GWF number is a good start. He obviously knows his name and DOB. Your friend might as well try to call else he'll continue to be in the dark. God forbid he has a ban he won't even know about it. The other option is for him to request all information held by UKVI on him directly.

It also occurred to me that the screenshot might be from the earlier part of his application and it has since been updated, which is why he was able to pick up his passport.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ladybii: 11:57pm On Feb 15, 2022
Hi good evening, please I have some concerns and I will appreciate any input.
1, can a wife be the sponsor when applying as they are large deposits in husband's account
2, can wife submit only personal statement of account without company statement of account or must be the 2
3, has anyone tried no 1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Lexyp(m): 12:08am On Feb 16, 2022
Hi everyone,
I and my spouse did a settlement visa and we were refused ,but its stated in the refusal email that we can appeal.
And cause of the refusal says they aren't okay with third party sponsor,we just had our baby so my partner can't go back to work yet.Her God mother did agreed to stand as sponsor,but we were refused ,i want to ask what are our chances if we appeal ,thanks
Reason for refusal below.( btw my partner is British so as our son )

I note that you have provided letters from friends who have confirmed that they will financially support you and your sponsor in the UK. However, I am not satisfied that you are receiving one of the existing sources of third party support listed in Paragraph 1(b)(i)- (iv) of Appendix FM-SE. Therefore, you cannot rely on third party support to meet the financial requirements of Appendix FM and any prospective financial support you have available to you in the UK cannot be taken into account.
I note that you have provided Access bank statement in your name which show minimum funds of 9,687,953.72 NGN (£16,402.60) held for 6 months prior to the date of your application. However, this is not sufficient to meet the financial requirements. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)

Please kindly let us know your take on this thanks...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by beryour(m): 12:35am On Feb 16, 2022
What exactly are you applying for? you need to be specific.

Husband or wife can be the main applicant or sponsor depending on what you are doing, then documents will need to show evidences.

Ladybii:
Hi good evening, please I have some concerns and I will appreciate any input.
1, can a wife be the sponsor when applying as they are large deposits in husband's account
2, can wife submit only personal statement of account without company statement of account or must be the 2
3, has anyone tried no 1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Ladybii: 12:55am On Feb 16, 2022
Vacation
beryour:
What exactly are you applying for? you need to be specific.

Husband or wife can be the main applicant or sponsor depending on what you are doing, then documents will need to show evidences.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aliyu40: 1:36am On Feb 16, 2022
Joyousgem:

I'm sorry about your mum's refusal. No, there was no misrepresentation in the previous application. She is retired and it is okay to provide documents dated 2003. My mum recently provided employment letter dated back to 1988 without any issue. A cover letter is crucial in helping the ECO connect the dots. Draft a supporting cover letter for your mum addressed to the ECO explaining why unemployed option was chosen in the last application.

Even if you have to print a year's worth of bank statement to proof that she receives pension, then do so, remember to highlight the entries to make ECO's job easier. Your mum must have income of some kind, even if it is from her children, even if it's not regular. It shows that she has enough to look after herself in Nigeria.

Crucially, you need to proof that she has strong home ties to Nigeria. Do you have other siblings in Nigeria, does she have grandchildren in Nigeria (add family pictures). Does your mum own any land, house or car, If she does add the documents.

Take your time before putting in her next application unless the purpose of her visit is time bound. Gather all required documents, draft the letters and ensure you cover all points mentioned by the ECO.

I wish your mum all the best in her next application.

Thank you so much for this. Yes, she has one child in Nigeria (She has two kids), he's still single.
I will print out her bank statements and highlight the pension payments. All their properties are in her husband's name. I would add property documents and explain that even though it's in my Dad's name, it belongs to the two of them.
Thanks again. I really appreciate your taking time to help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aliyu40: 1:41am On Feb 16, 2022
Lexyp:
Hi everyone,
I and my spouse did a settlement visa and we were refused ,but its stated in the refusal email that we can appeal.
And cause of the refusal says they aren't okay with third party sponsor,we just had our baby so my partner can't go back to work yet.Her God mother did agreed to stand as sponsor,but we were refused ,i want to ask what are our chances if we appeal ,thanks
Reason for refusal below.( btw my partner is British so as our son )

I note that you have provided letters from friends who have confirmed that they will financially support you and your sponsor in the UK. However, I am not satisfied that you are receiving one of the existing sources of third party support listed in Paragraph 1(b)(i)- (iv) of Appendix FM-SE. Therefore, you cannot rely on third party support to meet the financial requirements of Appendix FM and any prospective financial support you have available to you in the UK cannot be taken into account.
I note that you have provided Access bank statement in your name which show minimum funds of 9,687,953.72 NGN (£16,402.60) held for 6 months prior to the date of your application. However, this is not sufficient to meet the financial requirements. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)

Please kindly let us know your take on this thanks...

I came to the UK on spouse visa. It's a fair refusal unless the spouse in the UK earns £18,600 a year or either of you have savings of £62,500. Stop spending your money on visa applications if you don't meet the income requirements. Third party sponsorship for spouse visas are so RARE and you don't even have a reason to warrant that. Having a baby is no grounds for not meeting the income requirements. The last I knew, spouse visa appeal takes up to two years and in your case, it's a "fair" refusal.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: PrimeXpert01, akintola213, sanyaolurilwan(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.