Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (835011 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:40pm On Jun 09, 2022
djbaju:
Maybe some people paid for premium lounge, it is advantage, I did my biometric on 26th of May, I just an email now from TLC that documents are ready for collection. it is not up to 10 business day, I paid for the premium lounge package, my cousin didnt and his application is still on the third stage when tracked.
premium lounge is a TLS service… TLS officials have no say on visa applications as they are simply partners to offer biometrics.
Other examples of tls services include courier, assisted service, flexi appointmnt etc.. UKVI services on the other hand are priority, super priority etc .. when you are paying online you can see the distinction between these..
Visa applications are solely treated by the UKVI

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 9:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
6 month visit visa

HondaLover:

What type of visa did you apply for please?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 10:03pm On Jun 09, 2022
Okay
giselle237:
premium lounge is a TLS service… TLS officials have no say on visa applications as they are simply partners to offer biometrics.
Other examples of tls services include courier, assisted service, flexi appointmnt etc.. UKVI services on the other hand are priority, super priority etc .. when you are paying online you can see the distinction between these..
Visa applications are solely treated by the UKVI

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by 1stdami(m): 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Omo x10

Thank you so much.

giselle237:

She- cover letter contents including - to explain relationship to you, she misses you, the importance of family ties, why she has chosen to visit now and how u are happy to cover the whole trip expenses, duration of the trip, what she has heard about the british culture, why she is excited to visit, what she wants to experience from this trip, what she hopes to be doin on each day of the trip… well detailed.. who is she, school she attends in Nigeria.. blow the trumpet of d school.. eg most prestigious school in the north eastern region of Nigeria.. year she started, how she can not abandon studies to go and becom illegal as she loves her dept, her course and cnt wait to start applying herslf post grad in Nigeria,
How she sustains herslf in nigeria, dependnt on parents, ? does not need to spend her money as parents fully provide needs, where she lives,
After her trip she will be returning home to her other siblings and parents , documents she has attached to her application, sponsor’s documents, gratitude and hopes for a successful app, if any addtnl info needed her contact and email add
applicant- family evidence of relationship like birth certificate, pictures at various stages in life of both of you, your parents, siblings etc, if received monetary gifts from sponsor in the past… highlight in bank statement, letter from parents expressing great joy and permission for her to travel, school results, school fees or any departmntal levies payments from time immemorial, school id, introduction letter from school, bank statement
You the sponsor- cover letter explaining iv to ukvi and what your sponsorship covers + duration+ docs u will be attaching + why ur sister is coming , importance of trip to both of u, places u will take her to, things u want to show her, hype the british culture and/or lifestyle, iv to sister, tenancy agreemnt, mortgage, utiility bills, council tax, brp, british passport, evidence of what you are doin in uk, payslips, bank statements, pictures
This list is not exhausted.. she must prove why she has to take this trip at this time and reasons why she can not abandon her home, her education etc to become illegal in the UK. any documnt tht can sell these points above must be added

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Soraco57(m): 1:11am On Jun 10, 2022
good evening i need help as a matter of urgency, please is london metrpolitan a good university. i want to applying into a year MBA PROGRAM AT 10000 POUNDS per annum as tution fees , the MBA program is a year program, is their oppotunity of staying backafter studies, me and wife is going together. please i need help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by itoski(m): 1:57am On Jun 10, 2022
giselle237:

She- cover letter contents including - to explain relationship to you, she misses you, the importance of family ties, why she has chosen to visit now and how u are happy to cover the whole trip expenses, duration of the trip, what she has heard about the british culture, why she is excited to visit, what she wants to experience from this trip, what she hopes to be doin on each day of the trip… well detailed.. who is she, school she attends in Nigeria.. blow the trumpet of d school.. eg most prestigious school in the north eastern region of Nigeria.. year she started, how she can not abandon studies to go and becom illegal as she loves her dept, her course and cnt wait to start applying herslf post grad in Nigeria,
How she sustains herslf in nigeria, dependnt on parents, ? does not need to spend her money as parents fully provide needs, where she lives,
Please help me out.
I and my mom was denied.
We planning to meet up with family coming from the US in UK.
Bro is sponsoring.
How many cover letters are we supposed to submit? We submitted just that of the sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:33am On Jun 10, 2022
Soraco57:
good evening i need help as a matter of urgency, please is london metrpolitan a good university. i want to applying into a year MBA PROGRAM AT 10000 POUNDS per annum as tution fees , the MBA program is a year program, is their oppotunity of staying backafter studies, me and wife is going together. please i need help.
which mba program in London does cost 10k pounds? Pls check well. You are going to be paying international students fee, so thts what you should be looking at.
If you successfully complete your studies with a good grade and did not break any rules on your Tier 4 visa you can apply for post study visa to stay back for 2 years in hopes to find a job.
Yes you and your wife can go together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 5:39am On Jun 10, 2022
itoski:

Please help me out.
I and my mom was denied.
We planning to meet up with family coming from the US in UK.
Bro is sponsoring.
How many cover letters are we supposed to submit? We submitted just that of the sponsor.
Sorry about your denials. I dnt necessarily think absence of 1 or 2 cover letters is a reason for refusal.
Your personal circumstances and that of your mom will be scrutinized even though your brother is sponsoring… they need to make sure that you both have reasons not to stay back and become illegal or to seek asylum.
Blur out personal details and post the refusal letters here, maybe we can help.
Anytime I sponsor family etc I write a cover letter to the ECO basically explaining who I am, what I do, who the visitor is to me, when they are coming, total trip duration, what I will be covering, documents I have attached, that the visitor will be leaving after such and such date, my happiness and readiness to speak to them if any additional info is needed etc
Then the visitor writes a cover letter to explain their own personal circumstances , their trip itinerary, home ties etc
Then I write an informal invitation letter to the visitor explaining my happiness to sponsor their trip etc.
this is just my way.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by odedosu01(m): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2022
Good day, Nairaland family.

I'm processing a UK student Visa for September 2022 enrollment. My Nigeria International Passport is going to expire by November 2022. I have submitted my old passport for the Tuberculosis test and CAS application.
Will I be granted Visa if I submit the old passport I used to apply for CAS with the new passport, for visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by emcaris: 9:20am On Jun 10, 2022
giselle237:
what is the source of this 2million? This is money lodgement and will not work.. the visa will be refused
i often have sums in that range come in and leave the account. The account often have deposits come in that i use for different personal needs. any clue s to what i could use to justify the inflow. i change my money from pounds to naira but through friends who do the money exchange (so not a legit route to quote to an ECO bc they dont like our peer to peer forex transaction).
just thinking of how to justify this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwatomisinni: 9:57am On Jun 10, 2022
Please help with your advice.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:28am On Jun 10, 2022
emcaris:

i often have sums in that range come in and leave the account. The account often have deposits come in that i use for different personal needs. any clue s to what i could use to justify the inflow. i change my money from pounds to naira but through friends who do the money exchange (so not a legit route to quote to an ECO bc they dont like our peer to peer forex transaction).
just thinking of how to justify this
you dont get it.. there is no justification for a large deposit that it’s source can not be proved.
Different deposits is not an english to the eco, if your mom can not sponsor her trip as she has no funds, you the sponsor can not provide an account with large deposits as a student and not have an origin of the money with proofs. … all recipe for disaster.
Even though it is your money, if going for UK visa application there is never a reason to go with a scattered financial history. Some even wait months to tidy up bank statement to avoid problms, yet some get unlucky… how much more those that have scattered stories… it doesnt work like that anymore.. a lot of ppl come and refuse to go back, stay undocumented, seek asylum etc.. they have to use your documents on the balance of probabilities to judge if you have things to return to..
If you have taken your time to read this thread you must have seen various visa refusals bordering around finances.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 10:30am On Jun 10, 2022
Oluwatomisinni:
Please help with your advice.
tomisin they will prefer you can sponsor your holiday/honeymoon yourself as an adult. Even your partner.
Your salary of 78k and bank balance of 180k while hoping on your brother to sponsor both of you for a honeymoon to the ECO will not work.
Your personal circumstances will be assessed. You can decide not to go back and this is what they dnt want as against a backdrop of you dnt have so much of a financially rewarding job.
Also you have a previous refusal from them, no need to dabble your chances as already very very low.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oluwatomisinni: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2022
Thanks
giselle237:
tomisin they will prefer you can sponsor your holiday/honeymoon yourself as an adult. Even your partner.
Your salary of 78k and bank balance of 180k while hoping on your brother to sponsor both of you for a honeymoon to the ECO will not work.
Your personal circumstances will be assessed. You can decide not to go back and this is what they dnt want as against a backdrop of you dnt have so much of a financially rewarding job.
Also you have a previous refusal from them, no need to dabble your chances as already very very low.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2022
THANKS

sir

[quote author=tata080 post=113637786][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by annylove1: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2022
I am so excited as my hubby's 6 months visa was just approved

Timeline;
Submitted 4th, May
Biometrics 5th, May
Collection mail 8th, June
Picked up today 10th, June

we stated we are going for our honeymoon (I have a 2years visa which I attached a copy)
So so happy because he has been denied years ago

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:30am On Jun 10, 2022
annylove1:
I am so excited as my hubby's 6 months visa was just approved

Timeline;
Submitted 4th, May
Biometrics 5th, May
Collection mail 8th, June
Picked up today 10th, June

we stated we are going for our honeymoon (I have a 2years visa which I attached a copy)
So so happy because he has been denied years ago

Congrats! That was quick. Any tips u can suggest here? Bio was 29th April, nothing yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 11:35am On Jun 10, 2022
nwaogukings03:

Congrats! That was quick. Any tips u can suggest here? Bio was 29th April, nothing yet.
have you done paid mail ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2022
iretiogo1:
have you done paid mail ?

Yeah, awaiting decision 2days ago.
What about you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sirrotex: 11:38am On Jun 10, 2022
Good morning guys. Posting this here to lift someone's spirit.

Applied for my mum to attend my sister's graduation in July. Mum is a first timer in UK but has travel history to Dubai and USA.

Documents submitted online on May 12

Biometrics at Ikeja Centre on May 18(Self service)

Received an email that application has been received in Sheffield ( don't recall the date)

Received email that documents are ready for pickup up yesterday.

Picked up today with 6 months visa .

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by annylove1: 11:41am On Jun 10, 2022
I don't know what made it quick but we also added an invite for a birthday in May which has already passed.
You can ask specific questions and ill answer them

nwaogukings03:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 11:47am On Jun 10, 2022
nwaogukings03:

Yeah, awaiting decision 2days ago.
What about you?
decision has been made since June 1 just waiting for collection mail since then
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by NwakanmaLife: 11:52am On Jun 10, 2022

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 11:58am On Jun 10, 2022
iretiogo1:
decision has been made since June 1 just waiting for collection mail since then

Nice. When was ur bio?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kniffy: 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
My dad got approved for a 6 months UK visit visa (his first application with no relevant travel experience outside Nigeria).

Biometrics - Apr 26
Passport collection mail - June 9
Passport pick up - June 10

I am moving to the UK soon to resume a new job and I invited my dad to come visit me in July for 3 weeks. He is self employed (with no official documents - no tax fillings, financials or active CAC listing), he also did not have dedicated business bank statements or salary payments. I was a bit worried about how to convince the visa office to grant him the visa.

I submitted a cover letter for him which explained that he has been running his business for over 20 years, I also explained that there is no specific business bank statement and that we were estimating how much of the money in the bank (15%) is available to him as savings. Of this 15%, he was only going to use 30% for the trip while I would sponsor the rest. We showed a travel expense and funding document that broke down the numbers. Our planned trip expense was 1,800 pounds. We also included our breakdown of monthly expenses and why he wants to visit the UK. His evidence of ties to Nigeria was his 2 dependent children and his business. We submitted 3 months bank statements

On my end, I uploaded a letter of invitation and mentioned I will be taking care of a significant part of the cost of his visit, I put proof of my current job in Canada as well as proof of the job I plan to resume in the UK and my UK work visa. I also included my birth certificate, my UK lease agreement, bank statement (there were lots of inflows which I explained as conversion of CAD to GBP).

I am so happy his visa was approved. I have not seen him since 2019 and I look forward to the reunion. My mum's passport has arrived as well but she has not been able to pick it up yet.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
nwaogukings03:

Nice. When was ur bio?
14 April
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by izeko: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
Biometrics since April 6th for SWV .... still no response.... at this point I am super tired......
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
iretiogo1:
14 April

Are u tracking it? What stage is it at today?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
kniffy:
My dad got approved for a 6 months UK visit visa (his first application with no relevant travel experience outside Nigeria).

Biometrics - Apr 26
Passport collection mail - June 9
Passport pick up - June 10

I am moving to the UK soon to resume a new job and I invited my dad to come visit me in July for 3 weeks. He is self employed (with no official documents - no tax fillings, financials or active CAC listing), he also did not have dedicated business bank statements or salary payments. I was a bit worried about how to convince the visa office to grant him the visa.

I submitted a cover letter for him which explained that he has been running his business for over 20 years, I also explained that there is no specific business bank statement and that we were estimating how much of the money in the bank (15%) is available to him as savings. Of this 15%, he was only going to use 30% for the trip while I would sponsor the rest. We showed a travel expense and funding document that broke down the numbers. Our planned trip expense was 1,800 pounds. We also included our breakdown of monthly expenses and why he wants to visit the UK. His evidence of ties to Nigeria was his 2 dependent children and his business. We submitted 3 months bank statements

On my end, I uploaded a letter of invitation and mentioned I will be taking care of a significant part of the cost of his visit, I put proof of my current job in Canada as well as proof of the job I plan to resume in the UK and my UK work visa. I also included my birth certificate, my UK lease agreement, bank statement (there were lots of inflows which I explained as conversion of CAD to GBP).

I am so happy his visa was approved. I have not seen him since 2019 and I look forward to the reunion. My mum's passport has arrived as well but she has not been able to pick it up yet.
congrats to you and yours. Looks like older people are getting considered these days. I don’t think a younger person would have gotten the same visa under the same circumstances as your dad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
sirrotex:
Good morning guys. Posting this here to lift someone's spirit.

Applied for my mum to attend my sister's graduation in July. Mum is a first timer in UK but has travel history to Dubai and USA.

Documents submitted online on May 12

Biometrics at Ikeja Centre on May 18(Self service)

Received an email that application has been received in Sheffield ( don't recall the date)

Received email that documents are ready for pickup up yesterday.

Picked up today with 6 months visa .
wonderful! 3 weeks for a first timer. Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by meccisoft(f): 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2022
I did my own biometric 12th of April. Still awaiting decision as of two days ago
iretiogo1:
14 April

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (618) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

Viewing this topic: ace101 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.