Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (836017 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (619) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by emcaris: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
@babyfaiz could you let me know how the inflows of CAD To pounds were coming in. Did you use a direct bank transfer to move the funds or they were done through third parties ( someone paying you the money from uk while you give them CAD in exchange).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oneguy03(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by emcaris: 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2022
emcaris:
@babyfaiz could you let me know how the inflows of CAD To pounds were coming in. Did you use a direct bank transfer to move the funds or they were done through third parties ( someone paying you the money from uk while you give them CAD in exchange).

im asking because i need to defend the naira inflows i have in my naira bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
Oneguy03:
Has anyone ever received a hard copy refusal letter?

I got collection email in less than 4 weeks of biometric and now I'm worried.

It seems uncommon these days. When was ur bio pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oneguy03(m): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2022
13th May
nwaogukings03:

It seems uncommon these days. When was ur bio pls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 1:30pm On Jun 10, 2022
Ok, safe to say it's no longer chronologically again. They are now clearing May applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2022
nwaogukings03:
Ok, safe to say it's no longer chronologically again. They are now clearing May applications.
imagine ppl that did since April never get collection mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by sharpsharp: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2022
Oneguy03:
Has anyone ever received a hard copy refusal letter?

I got collection email in less than 4 weeks of biometric and now I'm worried.

If you have collection mail and it doesn't state refusal reason's that means they have granted you the visa.
Congratulations!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oneguy03(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2022
Thanks
sharpsharp:

If you have collection mail and it doesn't state refusal reason's that means they have granted you the visa.
Congratulations!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oneguy03(m): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2022
I'm not sure how that came about. I hope yours come soon.
iretiogo1:
imagine ppl that did since April never get collection mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by babyfaiz: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
emcaris:

im asking because i need to defend the naira inflows i have in my naira bank statement
sorry… I think you tagged the wrong person. Read through again & you’ll find the intended person for your questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2022
congrat wat are d document he submit

annylove1:
I am so excited as my hubby's 6 months visa was just approved

Timeline;
Submitted 4th, May
Biometrics 5th, May
Collection mail 8th, June
Picked up today 10th, June

we stated we are going for our honeymoon (I have a 2years visa which I attached a copy)
So so happy because he has been denied years ago
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by pufframmy: 2:43pm On Jun 10, 2022
grace and you for sponsporing him

kniffy:
My dad got approved for a 6 months UK visit visa (his first application with no relevant travel experience outside Nigeria).

Biometrics - Apr 26
Passport collection mail - June 9
Passport pick up - June 10

I am moving to the UK soon to resume a new job and I invited my dad to come visit me in July for 3 weeks. He is self employed (with no official documents - no tax fillings, financials or active CAC listing), he also did not have dedicated business bank statements or salary payments. I was a bit worried about how to convince the visa office to grant him the visa.

I submitted a cover letter for him which explained that he has been running his business for over 20 years, I also explained that there is no specific business bank statement and that we were estimating how much of the money in the bank (15%) is available to him as savings. Of this 15%, he was only going to use 30% for the trip while I would sponsor the rest. We showed a travel expense and funding document that broke down the numbers. Our planned trip expense was 1,800 pounds. We also included our breakdown of monthly expenses and why he wants to visit the UK. His evidence of ties to Nigeria was his 2 dependent children and his business. We submitted 3 months bank statements

On my end, I uploaded a letter of invitation and mentioned I will be taking care of a significant part of the cost of his visit, I put proof of my current job in Canada as well as proof of the job I plan to resume in the UK and my UK work visa. I also included my birth certificate, my UK lease agreement, bank statement (there were lots of inflows which I explained as conversion of CAD to GBP).

I am so happy his visa was approved. I have not seen him since 2019 and I look forward to the reunion. My mum's passport has arrived as well but she has not been able to pick it up yet.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by emcaris: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2022
@kniffy please how were the inflows? through bank o r third party agents. i have inflows through agents paying naira into my account. im worried they may query those inflows .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by kniffy: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
I submitted my UK bank statement for 2 months, all the inflows were from banks with descriptions that mentioned currency conversion. I didn't submit my Canadian bank statements but I submitted my pay slips showing where I got money from.

Unfortunately, I don't have any insights into your specific situation. What I tried to do in my application was answer possible questions and address red flags.

emcaris:
@kniffy please how were the inflows? through bank o r third party agents. i have inflows through agents paying naira into my account. im worried they may query those inflows .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Justpat: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
nwaogukings03:

This can be true oh. I did biometric March 15th. Till now nothing yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2022
Pls how many days does it takes DHL to deliver ones document, I wish I didn't use that service I would have gotten my passport since 10:30am know my fate and I wouldn't spend up to 4K for cab, tracking number not tracking
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamleye(m): 5:08pm On Jun 10, 2022
Please can someone kindly post the link to send paid email.

Assisted my brother with the application.

Submitted: April 29th

Biometrics: May 5th at TLC Ikeja

Tracking is still in the 3rd stage.

Applied for a 6 months visitors visa

He was refused twice in Feb & April 2012. The second refusal was a 10 years ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2022

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by adelejane: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iretiogo1: 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2022
iamleye:
Please can someone kindly post the link to send paid email.

Assisted my brother with the application.

Submitted: April 29th

Biometrics: May 5th at TLC Ikeja

Tracking is still in the 3rd stage.

Applied for a 6 months visitors visa

He was refused twice in Feb & April 2012. The second refusal was a 10 years ban.
https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Home
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by iamleye(m): 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2022
Thank you for your prompt response.
iretiogo1:
https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Home
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rosement(f): 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2022
I told my cousin that I will take her with me on my next trip. I thought I would be able to travel this year but I am too busy to travel right now. ​She is sixteen years old. Can she apply for a UK visit visa to travel alone and can I stand as her sponsor or it has to be her parents? My grand aunt is the one inviting her. Please, I need advice on this urgently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rosement(f): 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2022
Rosement:
I told my cousin that I will take her with me on my next trip. I thought I would be able to travel this year but I am too busy to travel right now. ​She is sixteen years old. Can she apply for a UK visit visa to travel alone and can I stand as her sponsor or it has to be her parents? My grand aunt is the one inviting her. Please, I need advice on this urgently.
Pls, I need advice on this urgently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by donald197: 6:17pm On Jun 10, 2022
Pls I need advise on how to go about the application for my mum this time. During the last application she mentioned I will be sponsoring her trip in entirety and she mentioned 400k for personal shopping. She earns salary everymonth but had some lump sum in her bank statement. Then she submitted my birth certificate, our pictures together too. Meanwhile I applied for my dad too and he was granted without submitting any bank statements of his just his pension documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 7:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
Passport delivered about 5:10 Pm with 6 month Visa, tracking number still not updated but that one no concern me again.

Biometric= 26-05-2022
Collection mail= 09-06-2022
6 months Visa granted

Submitted my brother passport copy
Utility bills
Lease agreement
Voters letter

My bank statement & payslip's
kLM reservation
Employment letters & other letters from office
My tenancy agreement
And a cover letter to address the visas that expired on my passport without using them.

djbaju:
Pls how many days does it takes DHL to deliver ones document, I wish I didn't use that service I would have gotten my passport since 10:30am know my fate and I wouldn't spend up to 4K for cab, tracking number not tracking
[quote author=djbaju post

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by nwaogukings03: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2022
djbaju:
Passport delivered about 5:10 Pm with 6 month Visa, tracking number still not updated but that one no concern me again.

Biometric= 26-05-2022
Collection mail= 09-06-2022
6 months Visa granted

Submitted my brother passport copy
Utility bills
Lease agreement
Voters letter

My bank statement & payslip's
kLM reservation
Employment letters & other letters from office
My tenancy agreement
And a cover letter to address the visas that expired on my passport without using them.

[quote author=djbaju post

Congrats! Pls when is the bio = 26 May or 26 April?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bunsuq: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
Please I need clarifications.
We are in the process of getting international passport for our children. Our 2nd daughter has a disability in the right side of her body such that she cannot press her right fingers flat by herself for biometrics as the fingers are folded.
At the passport office today, we were directed to go to general hospital to get a doctor certification for fingerprint bypass with a picture of her upper body showing the hands.
Now, if we do that and they do not take her finger prints, what will happen at UK Visa biometrics, are such exemption honoured as I know that UK doesn't play with biometrics.
Was thinking if the passport office can allow us help her press her fingers on the machine for the finger print impression.
Please, anyone who can help to please clarify this as I am very worried about it. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by djbaju(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2022
26th May, 9 business day

[quote author=nwaogukings03 post=113678297][/quote]

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Cashmadam: 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2022
bunsuq:
Please I need clarifications.
We are in the process of getting international passport for our children. Our 2nd daughter has a disability in the right side of her body such that she cannot press her right fingers flat by herself for biometrics as the fingers are folded.
At the passport office today, we were directed to go to general hospital to get a doctor certification for fingerprint bypass with a picture of her upper body showing the hands.
Now, if we do that and they do not take her finger prints, what will happen at UK Visa biometrics, are such exemption honoured as I know that UK doesn't play with biometrics.
Was thinking if the passport office can allow us help her press her fingers on the machine for the finger print impression.
Please, anyone who can help to please clarify this as I am very worried about it. Thank you.

It is possible for them to ask her to use only her left hand for biometrics. I'm sure they will be understanding and supportive. Just explain to them as soon as you get to the visa office.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by bunsuq: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2022
Cashmadam:

It is possible for them to ask her to use only her left hand for biometrics. I'm sure they will be understanding and supportive. Just explain to them as soon as you get to the visa office.
Okay, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (619) (Reply)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.