Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 (822931 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (610) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2022
Rosement:

She was born out of wedlock, my uncle and his ex-girlfriend abandoned her. I'm just trying to keep my promise. I want her to visit UK for two weeks and return back to Nigeria. She has been very depressed lately, I want to cheer her up.
The worst… one of importnt questions you and the aunt will be asked.. are you her legal guardians? what are her ties to Nigeria? there are so many things, upto 59 scenarios which the ECO will bring up and sweetly deny this visa. . you can take her to Dubai…

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by rebless(m): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
adelejane:

In my case I explained my monthly income varies depending on expenses and sales for the month so from my business income I transfer 4K ghs and 5k ghs to my personal account and this could be seen in my personal account as transfer from the business to my personal account monthly . I showed all source of funds cos I makes lots of sales daily . I live in Ghana . So I had to state 60 k ghs as my annual income cos I had stated I transfer between for 4K and 5k Ghana cedis to my personal account monthly . But please as advised you May need to stick to one amount so you don’t confuse the visa officer , i have traveled to the uk many times so I don’t know what helped my case. So May be best to just stick to a particular figure you can defend with documents.

Thanks for your attention it could have been better with a particular amount as you advised but different salary amount has been paying into the personal account from company account for the past 5 months already.

I hope somebody like @giselle237 helps make a contribution or other members.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rosement(f): 4:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
giselle237:
The worst… one of importnt questions you and the aunt will be asked.. are you her legal guardians? what are her ties to Nigeria? there are so many things, upto 59 scenarios which the ECO will bring up and sweetly deny this visa. . you can take her to Dubai…
Thanks so much for the advice. Can she travel to Dubai unaccompanied?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Brunobia(f): 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2022
giselle237:
@brunobia hard copy passport photos have been scrapped out.. the visa partner TLS will take your photo by themselves
You allowed to go with ur phone, when you get into the building, you will be advised to switch them off

Thanks for your réponse. I know how to plan now. Merci
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Febisola007: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2022
Hi guys please help me out I opted for the self-service option and I was directed to a sign-in option. It's asking for a username and password. How do I go about it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Febisola007: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2022
giselle237:
@brunobia hard copy passport photos have been scrapped out.. the visa partner TLS will take your photo by themselves
You allowed to go with ur phone, when you get into the building, you will be advised to switch them off
Hi I just submitted my application and it redirected me to tls for self service option. I'm trying to upload my documents but it's redirecting me to sign-in to ukvi with my username and password. I used my email but it's not working
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by obehilicious: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
Good evening. Please if you did biometrics 16th May, please any update?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by girlsupersonic(f): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2022
Haiziik:
LONG MESSAGE ALERT
Thank you, interview went well
Q. Your name, DOB, Nationality
What are you going to do in the UK
Your role?
What's your salary
No salary, it's a volunteering and charity work
How did you know about the job
What made you the best candidate for the job
Who is the head of the organization?
Do you know him personally? No
Where will you be staying? I told him
Who's stays there? Idk but it's an arrangement from the organization
Is it a private facility or a hotel? Private
Tell us about the recruitment process with dates?
Have u travelled out of the country before? No
Have u done charity in African countries before? No
So why UK? This is where the opportunity is coming this time and I want to take it to give more to the society, it's going to be an added value to me and it will open more opportunities for me internationally
When are u meant to start work?
April 1st
That has passed, do you think it's still necessary
Charity and volunteering has no time bound, giving is not meant for a particular time,
And I've also been in contact with my employer and they're willing to reschedule once my visa is granted
What do you do here? I told her about my business
Who will manage it when you're away? My wife is an accountant and she can manage it properly when I'm away. My sister too can handle a number of things being a staff and has taken several lead roles
What's your monthly income? I said roughly N150k
Who will take care of your wellbeing there? My employer
Including food? Yes
How will ur family here be taken care of? From my biz
In case you need to take care of something, how will u do that? I have about N500k as savings with a cooperative society and I have access to *4 of that if need arise but I don't think there will be such emergency
Did you do this process yourself or someone helped you? Did myself.
These are the questions I can remember now but there were even more questions that this.
Spent about 1hr25mins for the interview.
She said she's impressed and inspired and also said she's not the one to take a decision that it's just a part of the process, that she's going to send the video and typed answers to the department that will take the decision.
I even said I thought there was going to be an apology due to the delay, she made some explanations and apologized on behalf of the team. In all, it was a long but interesting and interactive conversation.
I just hope my financial figures is OK as I dont know what their minimum requirements are for my finances. Just told them the truth about it. Hopefully I get a positive decision soon.

Hello pls I will like to ask some questions about this Charity visa.

1. Can dependents work full time?

2. I know it is unpaid work but i read homeoffice allows you to work 20hrs per week on another job, can that job be paid? I mean the supplementary 20hrs job separate from the one with COS

3. Can one switch to a tier 2 skilled worker visa from the charity visa inside the um

Thank you in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Larryconcept: 9:20pm On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=Febisola007 post=113708685] Hi I just submitted my application and it redirected me to tls for self service option. I'm trying to upload my documents but it's redirecting me to sign-in to ukvi with my username and password. I used my email but it's not working[/quothe]
Close the web browsing n login again 4rm d ukvi website. It has timed-out that's why is asking for username n password
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by HRprof: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2022
Febisola007:
Hi I just submitted my application and it redirected me to tls for self service option. I'm trying to upload my documents but it's redirecting me to sign-in to ukvi with my username and password. I used my email but it's not working
Close the browser go back to your email you received application submitted confirmation and click on visit your application link in the email it will direct you to ukvi then click on upload document and it will redirect you to Tls site to upload your documents.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Candybright: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
Rosement:

She was born out of wedlock, my uncle and his ex-girlfriend abandoned her. I'm just trying to keep my promise. I want her to visit UK for two weeks and return back to Nigeria. She has been very depressed lately, I want to cheer her up.
You have to be her legal guardian to invite her. You can actually apply for her to join you but you need lots and lots of documents including court approval. You also need to come back to Nigeria because they will request to see you personally before signing documents and all involved. The parents too need to be involved as they have to sign and acknowledge you as her guardian as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Aliyu40: 6:24am On Jun 12, 2022
Rosement:
Thanks so much for the advice. Can she travel to Dubai unaccompanied?

What’s the pressure here Why would you want a 16 year old to travel alone? On too holiday to cheer her up?? She’s not a adult….yet!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Genlit33: 6:33am On Jun 12, 2022
Was refused visa in November 2021, I use my bank statement for business and personal, an agent filled the form and over estimated my income and expenditure. My account statement didn't reflect or show I receive or spend the stated amount, though the closing balance was really big.
Saw my mistakes on this forum, I opened a company account and started paying myself salary since November after the refusal.
Thinking of reapplying next month, should I apply or wait after a year.

Thanks @cashmadam, @justwise, @ giselle

Cashmadam:

Ideally, 6 months. If you haven't worked for up to 6 months, provide what you have. If you were refused in the past, provide 12 months. My advise. Not cast in stone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Diezmanstrasse: 7:01am On Jun 12, 2022
Guys; I plan to withdraw my application; how many days do you think it will take UKVI/TLS to return my application documents (passport!)?

Urgent please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rosement(f): 8:06am On Jun 12, 2022
Candybright:

You have to be her legal guardian to invite her. You can actually apply for her to join you but you need lots and lots of documents including court approval. You also need to come back to Nigeria because they will request to see you personally before signing documents and all involved. The parents too need to be involved as they have to sign and acknowledge you as her guardian as well.
Thanks for the response.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rosement(f): 8:13am On Jun 12, 2022
Aliyu40:

What’s the pressure here Why would you want a 16 year old to travel alone? On too holiday to cheer her up?? She’s not a adult….yet!
There is no pressure, I just did not want to spoil her mood. She might have told some of her friends that she is travelling this year. Thanks for the response, I will try to sort things out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by giselle237: 9:18am On Jun 12, 2022
Rosement:

There is no pressure, I just did not want to spoil her mood. She might have told some of her friends that she is travelling this year. Thanks for the response, I will try to sort things out.
can you go to Dubai like 1 or 2 days before here and pick her up? I have siblings that have travelled unaccompanied at 14 before covid. You need to confirm with the airlines first and sort this out. If the airline gives go ahead then she has to be registered with them on flight day as unaccompanied and who will pick her up at the other end. The airline will take her through security and all travel protocols themslvs once this is signed.
But she should not be landing in Dubai or any country alone and having a holiday by herslf
If you can sort out the travel then go to Dubai before her like I said and when she lands you will be at the airport to pick her up.
She is still a minor. So think that way too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Febisola007: 9:25am On Jun 12, 2022
HRprof:

Close the browser go back to your email you received application submitted confirmation and click on visit your application link in the email it will direct you to ukvi then click on upload document and it will redirect you to Tls site to upload your documents.

Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by alakrity(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2022
Gdm house , finally prayer answered . Wife left for Birmingham 2weeks ago and I will be going in two days time , please house kindly advise what do I need to take along with me . Does her POF SLIPS SHE PRINTED TWO WEEKS AGO COVERED me at POE or I need to reprint an updated one to my departures date . Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Febisola007: 11:45am On Jun 12, 2022
jennyhumphrey:
Please delete the visa picture, too much information there, Congratulations

Hi Jenny,

I'm trying to send you a mail. Please can you check?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Rosement(f): 1:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
giselle237:
can you go to Dubai like 1 or 2 days before here and pick her up? I have siblings that have travelled unaccompanied at 14 before covid. You need to confirm with the airlines first and sort this out. If the airline gives go ahead then she has to be registered with them on flight day as unaccompanied and who will pick her up at the other end. The airline will take her through security and all travel protocols themslvs once this is signed.
But she should not be landing in Dubai or any country alone and having a holiday by herslf
If you can sort out the travel then go to Dubai before her like I said and when she lands you will be at the airport to pick her up.
She is still a minor. So think that way too.
This is really helpful, thanks so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Carim19(m): 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
Good evening guys, I’ve been trying to track my application but this is where I was stuck,I don’t know how to sign in or what to click on again

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by vikaosi: 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2022
Carim19:
Good evening guys, I’ve been trying to track my application but this is where I was stuck,I don’t know how to sign in or what to click on again

Check one of the emails sent to you by noreply@visas-immigration.service.gov.uk. You will have to log in and click on PROVIDE DOCUMENTS AND BIOMETRICS.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by angelss813(f): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
fasa199:
Visa alert

Standard visitor visa for my Mum..

First time application.

Got the passport today.

2years visit Visa stamped with multiple entry.

Glory to Jehovah. I'm next in line to testify.

She can stay 6month maximum on each visit until the visa expires..

Congratulations to you and your Mum God bless you.

Please I am also a first time applicant, I need your help to explain how and what my daughter and I need to do to get 2 years visit Visa, my daughter in the UK will be sponsoring me. She have her work permit. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Carim19(m): 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
I can’t find the mail again it my junk messages �
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Pinkybarbie001(f): 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
Kindly help me pls!! How do i pay for the paid email to track my visa as nigeria card is not going through. Pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Oneguy03(m): 11:49pm On Jun 12, 2022
Was it sent via email or hard copy letter from TLS office?
itoski:

Visits UK Customer Dispatch. Mine was 6weeks after Biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by angelss813(f): 12:02am On Jun 13, 2022
Ebylicious:
Visa Alert

2yrs Visitor Visa

Biometric: 19th April 2022
Paid email 23rd May: Awaiting Decision
Follow up email 30th May: Decision has been made
Collection Mail: 31st May
Pick up: 1st June

Congratulations I Rejoice with you
It's indeed a happy new month. Thank you everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Haiziik: 1:37am On Jun 13, 2022
1. Dependants can work full time
2. The 20hrs is only for the worker shortage jobs but wasn't clearly stated if it's a paid job. What is clearly stated is that if you're on the visa, no salary except for stipend for maintenance in accordance with the minimum wage rule. So I therefore assume you can only volunteer in those shortage worker sector too. However, only an immigration solicitor will be able to shed more light
3. You can not switch to tier 2 from inside the UK.
girlsupersonic:

Hello pls I will like to ask some questions about this Charity visa.

1. Can dependents work full time?

2. I know it is unpaid work but i read homeoffice allows you to work 20hrs per week on another job, can that job be paid? I mean the supplementary 20hrs job separate from the one with COS

3. Can one switch to a tier 2 skilled worker visa from the charity visa inside the um

Thank you in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by Princeadex04: 8:47am On Jun 13, 2022
UK Visitor Visa Approved.
Biometrics- May 5 @ TLS Dublin.
Decision Mail- June 10
Collection Mail - June 10
Passport Pick up- June 13.
Application Submitted here in Dublin, Ireland.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 by izeko: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2022
Really hoping for good news this week

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (610) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.